Move the sticks NFL network re the jets...

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just watched Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks spit balling jets moves to improve next year.

Here was their quick takes.

Had them taking Wilson at #2

Has the Jets trading Darnold and the #34 pick to one of the Qb hungry teams, Carolina

Had the Jets taking Rahsawn Slater with that pick.

Had the Jets taking Jaycee Horn with pick #23

Had the Jets sign Curtis Samuel and Bud Dupree in Fa

Talked up Quinnen taking the next step.

Talked up Perine at RB, stats showed Gore had the worst expected yards stat in the league.

link?

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Just watched Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks spit balling jets moves to improve next year.

Has the Jets trading Darnold and the #34 pick to one of the Qb hungry teams, Carolina

Talked up Perine at RB, stats showed Gore had the worst expected yards stat in the league.

Would absolutely hate this. Would be criminal.

• Post of the Week 1

That would be a really good offseason. Just need to add an interior OL in FA though. That’s like priority number 1. I guess he’s addressing that with Slater. But I’d rather get Linsley AND Slater or a WR at #8.

19 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

Dream scenario right there. Grabbing QB1, OL1 and CB1 from the one draft would be a franchise-changing haul. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
Dream scenario right there. Grabbing QB1, OL1 and CB1 from the one draft would be a franchise-changing haul. 

Agreed. Would sign for that right now. That’s about best case scenario in my book. Just tell me we take care of Edge and RT in FA and Joe is well on his way to his rebuild w/ this kind of haul.
1 hour ago, peebag said:

I can't see Joe Douglas tying his career strings to Zach Wilson.

Nope.  Not at all.

You don’t think a 6 foot nothing, one year BYU wonder is JD’s type? 

• Upvote 1

With all the uncertainty surrounding this rookie QB class, Sam, some washed vet, I hope JD fineness the s*** out of Houston for Deshaun 😢😢😢😣

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

As opposed to who? Sam Darnold?

Darnold and a bunch of draft picks

Fields and a bunch of draft picks

Watson all by his lonesome.

These are all better options than drafting Zach "special needs" Wilson.

• Thumb Down 3
1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

With all the uncertainty surrounding this rookie QB class, Sam, some washed vet, I hope JD fineness the s*** out of Houston for Deshaun 😢😢😢😣

The only right answer. Zack Wilson fans should get a visit from Chris Hansen. 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, PS17 said:

Darnold & 34 for the 8th pick would be unreal. 

If they could pull that off now way I'm taking a RT.  There's plenty quality OL in round 3 that will be there. I'd trade back and get more picks and take Best EDGE on board in 1st round.  Was reading up on prospective FA's and their landing spots.  They have Jets signing Trey Hendrickson and everyone else signs elsewhere 😲

• Upvote 3
3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Overall, I like this.  But in an offseason with so much Cap space and the Jets having several premium picks I really want to see them add more than Curtis Samuel as a potential weapon on O.  They'd need to get one of the Top 6 WRs and/or an Top 3-5 RB or TE.

Perine was underwhelming.  Ty Johnson was okay.  I'm hopeful on Mims but he's still only played something like 8 NFL games.  Crowder is solid in the Slot but not a huge difference maker.  Herndon at TE still leaves us wondering if he can be above average or if he should be the TE3 on this team.  Long story, short.... after this proposed offseason by Jeremiah and Brooks there's still no real offensive weapon that scares opponents.

Find a way to get a Waddle, a Pitts, an Etienne, a Bateman, a Toney, a Terrace Marshall, etc.

1 hour ago, peebag said:

Good luck with Fields he's Geno part 2

I have a feeling that in a year or two you will be trying to delete this post. Or at least embarrassed about it.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
7 hours ago, K_O_Brien said:

lets hope it work out that way

we thought...

Sanchez and Darnold were QB1s

Klye Wilson was going to be our CB1

Mike Haight our OL1

forgive me for not having your enthusiasm but i went through about 40 of these draft days and everyone is a winner on draft day.

6 hours ago, harts724 said:

Good luck with Fields he's Geno part 2

This is now the 2nd time in the last week or so I’ve seen someone compare Fields to Geno Smith.

Just as I asked the other poster (who refused to give an answer), I’ll ask you:  How do those 2 compare as prospects? Be specific.

• Upvote 1
This is now the 2nd time in the last week or so I’ve seen someone compare Fields to Geno Smith.
Just as I asked the other poster (who refused to give an answer), I’ll ask you:  How do those 2 compare as prospects? Be specific.
Completely different players ... pocket passer vs dual threat.

Dont see it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using JetNation.com mobile app