Pro Day Results

maury77

20 hours ago, kdels62 said:

image.png.ca5c9b96e9d669c4170002e454f6f224.png

Not surprising that these guys tested well. Ossai is built like a 3-4 OLB and I didn’t find any agility stats so it all should be taken with a grain of salt.

The way Douglas values RAS, I think Radnuz and Cosmi (if he lasts) are definitely in the picture in the 2nd round. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, section314 said:

FWIW...saw on NFL network last night that Patrick Jones from Pitt ran a 6.93 3 cone. That's elite sh*t.

I can't find the full listing for Pitt anywhere, its annoying. BTW, Jeff George Jr. participated in Pitt's pro day (yes, that Jeff George). 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Just googled Pitt Panthers 2021 pro day. Bunch of stuff. DJ said Weaver & Jones probably 3rd rd guy, likes their safety a bunch too.

If DJ was talking about liking Paris Ford, who ran a 4.9 yesterday, then DJ is smoking better stuff than I am. 

• Upvote 1

Division II football is scheduled for the spring, but rather than playing, Strachan entered the 2021 NFL Draft. 

8/29/20: Strachan is a small-school receiver to keep an eye on. On top of having imposing size, Strachan has been a track performer for Charleston. Strachan dominated the competition in 2019, catching 19 touchdowns over 78 receptions. In his first season of playing college football, he had 48 receptions for 1,007 yards and eight scores. 

Hailing from the Bahamas provides some context for why a big wideout with quickness ended up at a DII school. If Strachan has great Senior Bowl and NFL Scouting Combine performances, he could rocket up draft boards.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:00 PM, Lith said:

Strong numbers for Creed Humphrey.

I know evaluations are all over the place on this kid, but personally, I love him. I'd like nothing better than 3 of the Jets first 4 picks (3 of 5 if they trade back from #2) being on O lineman. I think it is possible to land both Creed and Wyatt Davis taking a Right Tackle in the third round. Everyone is so excited about Sewell, they seem not to recognize that this Tackle pool is very deep. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, maury77 said:

If anyone can show me how to embed, here is a tweet of Justin Fields running 4.41

https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/1372716059279683589?s=20

Everyone gets excited about a QBs "potential", but the thing i like about Fields is that IMO he has the highest floor of all of the QBs available. 

Rather than Boom or Bust, he is Boom or Average.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I know evaluations are all over the place on this kid, but personally, I love him. I'd like nothing better than 3 of the Jets first 4 picks (3 of 5 if they trade back from #2) being on O lineman. I think it is possible to land both Creed and Wyatt Davis taking a Right Tackle in the third round. Everyone is so excited about Sewell, they seem not to recognize that this Tackle pool is very deep. 

Creed could play C or G, and start from day one.

5 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I've read good things about D'Ante Smith from East Carolina too..Mid-late 2nd

• Upvote 1

Anthony Schwartz
Wide receiver
Height: 6-0 / Weight: 186
Vertical: 32
Broad: 10-3
Bench: N/A
40-yard dash: 4.26

On expectations for Pro Day…
"My expectations were just to run fast on my 40, do good on all my drills and then when it came to the position work, just being able to show good footwork, be fast in and out of my breaks, be clean in and out of my breaks. And I feel like I did all of what I listed. I feel like there's still room to improve, but I feel like today I showed I'm more than just that deep-threat guy. I can do everything a receiver is supposed to do."

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Best athlete in the draft?

I wouldn't go that far (I think), but for historical purposes: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666353-the-10-fastest-qbs-in-the-nfl

Fields would beat Mariota (#1 on the list) by almost a full .10. Granted, Lamar Jackson never ran the 40 and he looks faster than Fields, but it is still a very impressive time nevertheless. 

9 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Everyone raved about Sam's pro-day -- which was outside and in the rain. Pro-day's for QBs are almost worthless other than the chalk session and meeting. Game film is how you evaluate a QB.

Even game film isn’t great.  Most college  QBs are playing in these simplified one read spread offenses where they are always in shotgun.  Wilson’s gametape is largely made up of him throwing Go and post routes against DBs from Navy and SD State that would lose in a foot race against most of the guys on this messageboard 

maybe Wilson is better than Mahomes - the kid is fragile and not going to last long behind a bottom 5 O-line which is what we currently have

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I wouldn't go that far (I think), but for historical purposes: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2666353-the-10-fastest-qbs-in-the-nfl

Fields would beat Mariota (#1 on the list) by almost a full .10. Granted, Lamar Jackson never ran the 40 and he looks faster than Fields, but it is still a very impressive time nevertheless. 

Geno ran a 4.5 40

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Even game film isn’t great.  Most college  QBs are playing in these simplified one read spread offenses where they are always in shotgun.  Wilson’s gametape is largely made up of him throwing Go and post routes against DBs from Navy and SD State that would lose in a foot race against most of the guys on this messageboard 

maybe Wilson is better than Mahomes - the kid is fragile and not going to last long behind a bottom 5 O-line which is what we currently have

If Wilson is better than Mahomes, I will tattoo Wilson's likeness to my perineum. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, derp said:

I'll be rather frustrated if the Pats end up with this guy sitting behind Newton for a year.

We are absolutely effed if that happens. My hope is we take him and sit him behind darnold for a year. You allow him a year to season and improve the team for an additional year its game over IMHO