Pro Day Results

maury77

22 minutes ago, maury77 said:

DAMN!

I’ve been seeing 4.46 for Surtain. Either way that’s faster than he plays. Assume he’d be a combine 4.5 but in combination with everything else he brings to the table that’s great. His game film shows the problems playing deep man coverage because he doesn’t play like a 4.4 guy. Wouldn’t hesitate to draft him at 23 tho.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I’ve been seeing 4.46 for Surtain. Either way that’s faster than he plays. Assume he’d be a combine 4.5 but in combination with everything else he brings to the table that’s great. His game film shows the problems playing deep man coverage because he doesn’t play like a 4.4 guy. Wouldn’t hesitate to draft him at 23 tho.

I'd be really happy with him at 23. I don't like the way he plays with his back to the ball, but that can be hidden in a zone system (where I think he would really excel). 

4 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Keep an eye on this guy in the second and third round. 

I was about to post this. He’s been connected to us a few times and he’s packing that kind of athleticism? Could be a 3rd rounder but I need to watch some tape. 

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

DAMN!

Wonder how his agility drills were. Would agree with the poster above he’s more of a zone fit. Will be interesting to see if he slides to an appropriate spot there or a man team drafts him higher and is disappointed.

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

Keep an eye on this guy in the second and third round. 

Mentioned him a bit back, I think he’s an outstanding fit.

12 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

@RobR’s guy.

Same trainer as Becton too right? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Lith said:

Anyone notice that an awful lot of guys are running in the 4.2s this year. 

I wonder why that is?

A whole bunch of OL getting real close to breaking 5.0 40s. So crazy that all these athletes come out the same year there’s no combine.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

A whole bunch of OL getting real close to breaking 5.0 40s. So crazy that all these athletes come out the same year there’s no combine.

Anyone who argues that he Combine is a waste of time just needs to review the athletic testing from this year.  There is absolutely a need for standardized atheltic testing in a static environmentt.  I would guess this year that scouts will have to rely more on gauging speed/quickness/agility/play strength from film review rather than testing, which may not be a bad thing (see Gholston, V, and Hill, S)

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, derp said:

Wonder how his agility drills were. Would agree with the poster above he’s more of a zone fit. Will be interesting to see if he slides to an appropriate spot there or a man team drafts him higher and is disappointed.

Mentioned him a bit back, I think he’s an outstanding fit.

@RobR’s guy.

Same trainer as Becton too right? 

I haven't dug deep enough this year to know if they have the same trainers, I'm going strictly by the tape I watched last year and the few times I focused in on him this year.

He's long, moves effortlessly, and knows how to use his hands. Then add in he has a ton of experience in the SEC and is a plug and play guy. It makes me wonder why no one is talking about him here.

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

This is 100% true about forty times, and I'm as mad as everyone else about not having a combine this year but some of the more accurate measures can be done anywhere. Like Vert and BJ. When you see a prospect with a good vert and bj you know they are going to run a good forty. Shuttles are also hand timed so they should be relatively the same.

1 hour ago, RobR said:

I haven't dug deep enough this year to know if they have the same trainers, I'm going strictly by the tape I watched last year and the few times I focused in on him this year.

He's long, moves effortlessly, and knows how to use his hands. Then add in he has a ton of experience in the SEC and is a plug and play guy. It makes me wonder why no one is talking about him here.

I wouldn’t touch Leatherwood until the second round and I even think 34 is too rich for him. The dude reaches a lot from the waist and he spent the senior bowl getting beaten up by Quincy Roche. He’s definitely not a bad prospect but I don’t love him like that.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I wouldn’t touch Leatherwood until the second round and I even think 34 is too rich for him. The dude reaches a lot from the waist and he spent the senior bowl getting beaten up by Quincy Roche. He’s definitely not a bad prospect but I don’t love him like that.

Unfortunately I didn't watch the SB practices this year and that can play a big part in evaluation. I'm only going off game tape and if he dropped a 34"+ vert that is an insane number for someone that large.

Truth is all OLineman bend at the waist and get beat from time to time. That's a coachable trait, elite athletic traits and a lengthy frame are not. I think he's a first rounder all day, every day and we could even kick him inside and he'll be the best guard from this class. We'll find out soon enough.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

very interested to see all of jaycee horns stats.  I know a few guys and a trainer who feel he is going to blow it away and is going to end up the best corner in this draft.  I saw he had an 11'1 broad so whoa already

41 inch vert too. 

• Upvote 1

Wonder what the agility drills look like (if he did those). If he’s stiff maybe pushes him down a little for man teams but still a fit for more zone.

I still think the Jets’ scheme pushes corner down the list but depending on how many picks they have and how strong the fit is...

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

So with the workouts by Surtain and Horn, it looks very possible that Caleb Farley is going to be there for the Jets in late round 1/early round 2. Are any of you pulling the trigger on Farley? I haven't watched him yet. 

He’s fast and strong. Reminds me of Revis. So yes.

• Sympathy 1