5 hours ago, Marshmello said:

possible pick in the 3rd round? 

I'd cry..... he's average at best in terms of potential - and this WR class is leagues deep at slot.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Kyle Pitts ran a 4.46 at 6’6” 240 lb.

Strong numbers for Creed Humphrey.  

Anyone notice that an awful lot of guys are running in the 4.2s this year.  I wonder why that is?

Posted Images

Seriously though, if McCrary ran 4.4 or even a touch under, at 6+' and 215... he is the perfect zone read running back you can get for pennies. Jeff Wilson 2.0

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Seriously though, if McCrary ran 4.4 or even a touch under, at 6+' and 215... he is the perfect zone read running back you can get for pennies. Jeff Wilson 2.0

Do you have any game film on him. I'll take a look.

23 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I wouldn’t touch Leatherwood until the second round and I even think 34 is too rich for him. The dude reaches a lot from the waist and he spent the senior bowl getting beaten up by Quincy Roche. He’s definitely not a bad prospect but I don’t love him like that.

I finally started watching some film on him and I can now echo some of your concerns. I watched the ND tape and it looked like he regressed from the player I watched the year before. You don't see any second level blocks but that falls onto the offense they run, but he had trouble with the speed rushers around the edge, and like you mentioned was leaning(bending at the waist).

I'm still a big fan even if they kick him inside. A left side of the oline of Becton and him would be amazing for the next decade. 

He's not even close to the prospect that Becton was but he's still legitimate first round material and fits what we want to do. He should still be in play at 23.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, RobR said:

I finally started watching some film on him and I can now echo some of your concerns. I watched the ND tape and it looked like he regressed from the player I watched the year before. You don't see any second level blocks but that falls onto the offense they run, but he had trouble with the speed rushers around the edge, and like you mentioned was leaning(bending at the waist).

I'm still a big fan even if they kick him inside. A left side of the oline of Becton and him would be amazing for the next decade. 

He's not even close to the prospect that Becton was but he's still legitimate first round material and fits what we want to do. He should still be in play at 23.

I think also Becton's off/on season due to injury should lean us toward a player who can potentially play inside or outside along that O line. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, PLO said:

I think also Becton's off/on season due to injury should lean us toward a player who can potentially play inside or outside along that O line. 

I love Becton and was pounding the table for him last year but he did get injured quite a bit last year although Gase did him no favor trying to start him with a sprained shoulder

If we draft Wilson and Becton misses time next year I feel sorry for the kid

• Upvote 1
On 3/22/2021 at 8:47 PM, football guy said:

Kyle Pitts ran a 4.46 at 6’6” 240 lb.

Really the only concern I had about him was I thought he would run a 4.6.  How this guy isn’t being talked about as the best player in the draft after Lawrence is astonishing 

Today is Jayson Oweh day

March 25

• Georgia Southern
  • Liberty
  • Massachusetts
  • Mississippi
  • North Texas
  • Penn State
  • San Diego State
  • SMU
  • Tennessee
  • Western Michigan

48 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Today is Jayson Oweh day

March 25

• Georgia Southern
  • Liberty
  • Massachusetts
  • Mississippi
  • North Texas
  • Penn State
  • San Diego State
  • SMU
  • Tennessee
  • Western Michigan

Also Mississippi......wr Moore. And tennessee OG Hill.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

image.png.cefa90a0fc193cfb4967e213e4974eac.png
Not really a scheme fit but he’s a good receiver that no one is talking about.

image.thumb.png.b758ffefeae86baee2ef31cf668484d0.png
I wouldn’t be surprised if we took this guy in the 5th to play WLB.

Good point. DJ said last night that this is by far the best group of USC guys they've had in a long while. They also have a really good DT, right? Not a need for us, bur supposedly really good.

15 hours ago, Marshmello said:

possible pick in the 3rd round? 

Smith reminds me of Schwartz, it's hard to understand how this speedy dynamic player, doesnt do speedy dynamic things.  I think some it if offense but Smith averaged 11.1 and 11.4 ypc this year the last 2 seasons and he doesnt field punts, just occasionally a kick returner.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I brought up St. Brown in my WR thread....he was one of the mid rounder I mentioned who might be a true value pick.  And holy sh*t look at that body, can he play shirtless the whole season?  wowza! 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, section314 said:

Good point. DJ said last night that this is by far the best group of USC guys they've had in a long while. They also have a really good DT, right? Not a need for us, bur supposedly really good.

They have two guys

Neither is refined but both have potential. Tufele has some good reps against Penei Sewell.

• Upvote 1

been higher on elijah moore than a lot of people here I think.. Maybe I'm imagining that.  I'm very interested to see what he tests at.  If we for some crazy reason other than to break mine and @Paradis hearts pass on rondale moore then I would look at Elijah later on.  

Then after that my draft crush darden lol 

• Upvote 3
42 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

been higher on elijah moore than a lot of people here I think.. Maybe I'm imagining that.  I'm very interested to see what he tests at.  If we for some crazy reason other than to break mine and @Paradis hearts pass on rondale moore then I would look at Elijah later on.  

Paradis hates Elijah Moore. I really like him. I’m glad there’s some Darden momentum. He could be a gadget guy early on who ramps up to a full time slot/ speed guy. Dude is dynamic in space.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, kdels62 said:

Paradis hates Elijah Moore. I really like him. I’m glad there’s some Darden momentum. He could be a gadget guy early on who ramps up to a full time slot/ speed guy. Dude is dynamic in space.

Some people hate him, He wasnt asked to do a ton at Ole Miss, but ive seen some training tape of him and his suddenness and route running in the film i saw was excellent.  made me a lot higher on him than I originally was.  In fact, when I first saw the cut ups I thought it was someone else, old AJ brown tape or something.  Looked really good. 

Darden just is an open field nightmare.  Guy is beyond dynamic.  Size will scare you off but his production is insane and he offers a lot of value late with his gadget ability, ability to move him around, and his return game ability.  I really like him as a later round guy if we dont address WR early on.  I think he can develop into a really good player in the right circumstance. 

He had some nice games against good defenses.  Cant find the break down on how he did against Jaycee Horn when they played SC or Surtain when they played Bama, but Moore put up 13 for 235 and 2 tds on them.. had 11 for 143 against bama and 10 for 227 against Florida.  To make a case for the guy, he had nice games against top teams in the SEC. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I know linebackers continue to get smaller but 199 is mind bogglingly light for that position.

5 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Oweh is clearly fast but it really rarely showed up when I watched him. It’s there enough that you can tell he can move - but he looks like he’s out there thinking most of the time. Wonder if he puts it all together in the pros. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

I like Elijah Moore as well. If we're not doing the QB thing, I just want Pitts + Rondale Moore to give us the best and deepest receiving group we've ever had filled with freak athletes. But if we don't go that route, I like Elijah Moore, Darden, and Demetric Felton as mid or late round guys.

• Upvote 2
30 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I like Elijah Moore as well. If we're not doing the QB thing, I just want Pitts + Rondale Moore to give us the best and deepest receiving group we've ever had filled with freak athletes. But if we don't go that route, I like Elijah Moore, Darden, and Demetric Felton as mid or late round guys.

everyone knows how i feel about darden. 

I said this at the senior bowl too, I really thought Felton may have had the most complete package in the 1 v 1 of any wr.  He looked so much more natural than I thought he would at the position.  Really impressive. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

parsons is a beast. 

I'm in the minority, but I think he goes much higher than people expect. Could even go 3rd overall. 

I know there's some character stuff but it may be overblown. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, football guy said:

I'm in the minority, but I think he goes much higher than people expect. Could even go 3rd overall. 

I know there's some character stuff but it may be overblown. 

I dunno.  He plays MLB/ILB which isn’t valued high and he reportedly shat the bed in interviews 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I dunno.  He plays MLB/ILB which isn’t valued high and he reportedly shat the bed in interviews 

He better be Ray Lewis to go 3rd overall. 

5 hours ago, kdels62 said:

4 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Some people hate him, He wasnt asked to do a ton at Ole Miss, but ive seen some training tape of him and his suddenness and route running in the film i saw was excellent.  made me a lot higher on him than I originally was.  In fact, when I first saw the cut ups I thought it was someone else, old AJ brown tape or something.  Looked really good. 

Darden just is an open field nightmare.  Guy is beyond dynamic.  Size will scare you off but his production is insane and he offers a lot of value late with his gadget ability, ability to move him around, and his return game ability.  I really like him as a later round guy if we dont address WR early on.  I think he can develop into a really good player in the right circumstance. 

If i gave y'all the impression i hate Moore, then that's my bad. I have a habit of pushing back on players i think are getting too much unwarranted love, and that often comes across like I dislike the player. Ex. Hakeem Butler, I really didn't think he was a first round guy and got into with a lot of Butler lovers, but i still the liked the prospect. I'll say it if i mean it - ie. I hate JJAW.

I like Elijah but he is just a slot WR, and I thought he got bullied around at times. There's a lot of love this year for guys who (as far as I see it) Can't do much but play inside. Catching a slant uncovered and wiggling past a couple LBs and Safeties who'll never see an NFL workout isn't enough to win me over. Moore will get over drafted probably. Round 3 for those that love him. Round 4-5 for me.

Here's a guy I don't like. Dyami Brown. Wouldn't draft him. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

If i gave y'all the impression i hate Moore, then that's my bad. I have a habit of pushing back on players i think are getting too much unwarranted love, and that often comes across like I dislike the player. Ex. Hakeem Butler, I really didn't think he was a first round guy and got into with a lot of Butler lovers, but i still the liked the prospect. I'll say it if i mean it - ie. I hate JJAW.

I like Elijah but he is just a slot WR, and I thought he got bullied around at times. There's a lot of love this year for guys who (as far as I see it) Can't do much but play inside. Catching a slant uncovered and wiggling past a couple LBs and Safeties who'll never see an NFL workout isn't enough to win me over. Moore will get over drafted probably. Round 3 for those that love him. Round 4-5 for me.

Here's a guy I don't like. Dyami Brown. Wouldn't draft him. 

I've gotten to the point on Twitter where I use Paradis's tweets as evidence on Dyami Brown. 2021 man .....

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, section314 said:

Are you out at BYU now? As Jets GM in our mock, want a first hand report on Wilson's pro day.😁

He threw the ball well to Dax Milne. Showed mobility. Great pro day, you rarely see pro days like this. 

Basically the same thing for Fields on Tuesday except replace Milne with Olave.

• Upvote 1
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.