Pro Day Results

maury77

Roche is undersized and his whole game is speed and agility, so I feel kind of whelmed on how he did today. Philips probably rises off of today, which stinks cause this whole edge class either has superior athletes with meh production (Oweh, Ossai) or a bunch of mediocre athletes, which does not project well for the position.

Would rather just take a 3rd round shot at Ellerson Smith if he's still available when we get there if Phillips doesn't make it to 23. 

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Late round full back flier

That’s actually an interesting idea.   He lacks the ideal length you would want in a TE, but his agility suggests he could handle a move to FB.  I’m also interested in seeing how they utilize the FB position and what, if any, role there will be for one.  

17 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s actually an interesting idea.   He lacks the ideal length you would want in a TE, but his agility suggests he could handle a move to FB.  I’m also interested in seeing how they utilize the FB position and what, if any, role there will be for one.  

Wouldn't that basically fit Wesco to a "t"?

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I’m not sure Wesco is anywhere near as athletic as Gray is.   Didn’t Wesco run in the 4.8’s or something at his combine?   He’s a slug.  

He's slow, but i would imagine he'd have to cut weight in order to move to a fullback role which could help to improve his speed.  We'll see where it goes but i know the jets at least plan to try him more there as they had him do a little of that under gase last year. 

2 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Fields ran ever so slightly slower than I expected, I really thought he was going to get into the 4.3s. Still the fastest time for a QB since RG3 and the 2nd fastest since 2006. 

Good pro day for the guy. I think Wilson is our guy but the margins between the top 3 guys are minimal.

• Upvote 1