Pauline: Jets leaning towards Zach Wilson

2 hours ago, johnnysd said:

He's almost the exact size as Rodgers towers over Breee and weighs the same as Lawrence. He is much sturdier than the narrative here. They way people talk its like people think he is smaller than Flutie

This is a good point and honestly if people are concerned about Wilson’s size why nobody is crying about Lawrence? 

2 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

why did he leave Georgia?

The point wasn’t that Fields is a dominant psyche, the point is that Fields was the unquestioned starter at OSU during his time there despite having elite prospects waiting in the wings. Zack Wilson’s BYU backups were all 32 years old and are getting their second PhD’s in theology. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Thank you.

You can dislike the player, but let’s not make sh*t up 

If people are being honest with themselves, a majority of the fan fare around here with Wilson is manufactured.  Most people don't know jack about him, but as soon as the Move The Sticks of the world said his release reminded him of Aaron Rodgers, then that's all they needed to know.  Then they get semi familiar with him so they can justify in their heads that he is truly deserving of all this praise when in reality if Move The Sticks and whoever else said this about Mac Jones, not a soul would be pushing for Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If people are being honest with themselves, a majority of the fan fare around here with Wilson is manufactured.  Most people don't know jack about him, but as soon as the Move The Sticks of the world said his release reminded him of Aaron Rodgers, then that's all they needed to know.  Then they get semi familiar with him so they can justify in their heads that he is truly deserving of all this praise when in reality if Move The Sticks and whoever else said this about Mac Jones, not a soul would be pushing for Zach Wilson.

Yet TL is generational with his 24 td's this year.. BS applies to all college players until they prove themselves in the Pro's..

5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This is absolute nonsense. Wilson's tapes have been analyzed up the wazzoo at this point. The analyst takes on him are no more "manufactured" than they are for any of the other QBs in the draft.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Savage69 said:

Yet TL is generational with his 24 td's this year.. BS applies to all college players until they prove themselves in the Pro's..

I don't disagree with that.  But at least most football fans have had at least some level of personal exposure to Lawrence and Fields and even Jones to some degree.

Lots of people didn't know who Wilson was in October.  Now they defend him to the death like they have followed him his entire career.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

This is absolute nonsense. Wilson's tapes have been analyzed up the wazzoo at this point. The analyst takes on him are no more "manufactured" than they are for any of the other QBs in the draft.

If that's what you believe then more power to you.  Most people "watching tape" don't have the first clue what they are looking at.

I'm not talking about Jeremiah's opinion being manufactured.  I'm talking about the praise by posters on here being manufactured from his opinion, when in reality they don't really have any idea about Wilson.

There's no way the Jets are taking Fields or Wilson at 2. The Jets are hyping those QB's in an effort to get a better return from trading down. There's only TWO scenarios the Jets are considering:

1) Trade for Watson

2) Go all in with Sammy and trade down

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

If that's what you believe then more power to you.  Most people "watching tape" don't have the first clue what they are looking at.

I'm not talking about Jeremiah's opinion being manufactured.  I'm talking about the praise by posters on here being manufactured from his opinion, when in reality they don't really have any idea about Wilson.

All analyst opinions are based off a QBs college tape, and all fans feed off of them. You could say the same for any QB prospect. Don't see what point you're making in regards to Wilson.

10 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

There's no way the Jets are taking Fields or Wilson at 2. The Jets are hyping those QB's in an effort to get a better return from trading down. There's only TWO scenarios the Jets are considering:

1) Trade for Watson

2) Go all in with Sammy and trade down

HTF do you know?  Sounds like a guess to me.  So they should trade three or four firsts or go with a proven bottom of the league QB?  Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't disagree with that.  But at least most football fans have had at least some level of personal exposure to Lawrence and Fields and even Jones to some degree.

Lots of people didn't know who Wilson was in October.  Now they defend him to the death like they have followed him his entire career.

That’s fair. But i also think it’s reasonable to like a prospect because your favorite analyst does. I don’t know exactly what I’m looking for if watching tape. However I’ve taken the stance among my friends that I’m 100% onboard with Chris Simm’s picks until he’s wrong, so I’m all for Wilson at this point

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

True they didn't know much about Steve Young either BYU doesn't get the exposure like the major colleges do..

42 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

A lot of people have watched this

Pretty impressive.  Yes a lot of it is against non-ranked teams, but when you look at the arm strength, quick release, ball protection, long ball accuracy, pocket awareness, and abilty to run when it breaks down,   field vision, pre-snap reads, off-platform throws, ability to buy time, find the open receiver, and have the arm strength to throw the ball across his body while rolling to an open WR at the oppisite hash mark, you have to come away impressed.  Not all will of course some will just not like him because he's Morman, and doesn't have a 5 O'clock shadow.  Oh well.

Not to mention he has preformed at a VERY high level in a Hybrid Shanahan system which the Jets are going to run.  IMO he is the best QB in this class for the Jets.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Adobolo said:

A quick look on steve's wikipedia before posting that. 

When I want facts that the first place I look..LOL People talk about what Wilson did last season before his breakout this season before Youngs fine last season at BYU he had 18 td's and 18 picks..

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Pretty impressive.  Yes a lot of it is against non-ranked teams, but when you look at the arm strength, quick release, ball protection, long ball accuracy, pocket awareness, and abilty to run when it breaks down,   field vision, pre-snap reads, off-platform throws, ability to buy time, find the open receiver, and have the arm strength to throw the ball across his body while rolling to an open WR at the oppisite hash mark, you have to come away impressed.  Not all will of course some will just not like him because he's Morman, and doesn't have a 5 O'clock shadow.  Oh well.

Not to mention he has preformed at a VERY high level in a Hybrid Shanahan system which the Jets are going to run.  IMO he is the best QB in this class for the Jets.

That's kind of my point. My intial response was to someone who was saying "don't make stuff up".  Well Lots of opinions of Wilson on this board are essentially made up.  No one independently searched out Zach Wilson in late September/early October.  This all came after DJ and others start pumping up his traits etc.  Then fans start *watching tape" to confirm their beliefs that he's a stud, which is based off nothing other than what Daniel Jeremiah said at one point.   Lots of fans had no clue about who Zach Wilson was.  They may have since educated themselves to an extent, but in reality most go into those youtube tapes looking to confirm what they have already been told.  

Look, I don't mind one bit if anyone is sold Wilson is the next big thing or who the Jets should pick.  That very well might be true.  But a lot of people around here act as if they unearthed this guy themselves or they have been on him since day 1, which is far from the case.

I'd have less objection if people would just say "well people like Daniel Jeremiah likely know more than I do, if he's good enough for him, he's good enough for me" 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

This entire post is complete fabrication. 

Wow REALLY!! @Morrissey

This post supports you....   @HawkeyeJet

Interesting let Wilson himself tell you about how he lost the starting job in about 55 seconds in and he fought back! So he had to EARN the starting spot back 1:01 mark.

Then the video IMMEDITELY talks about the WEK competition.  You can dismiss it but it is certainly NOT a fabrication!

Fabrication!

Hmmmmm gave video evidence of what I said happen....

Your turn!

Now you show me where Zack Wilson said there was No QB Competition and that he didn't win his job back, (against QBs you can't name without looking them up, my emphasis)!

And then next you show me what big name schools BYU beat last year that were either ranked or went to the college playoffs?  And then you get back to me with someone other than your own family member saying that last year was a tough schedule that BYU had!

Finally ----Last year was a crazy COVID season and many teams didn't play their full schedule with some teams cancelling the their entire season, ummmmm that is a fact...

Cause those were the points I made!

Finally, I will say it again for those who want to beat the dead horse----- I like Zach Wilson, I just believe that he needs development like every colege QB and those are some of my reasons for concern.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

He can throw into “NFL open” windows.

Has great anticipation - accuracy - vision- arm strength.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I agree ...

As I pointed out in a previous post, Zach Wilson himself said no one knew who he was until he started performing this year!! How anyone can say that they knew he was going to be HOT this year is NOT being honest with themselves..

And I again state that I like Wilson and would be ok if the Jets drafted him...

On 3/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, Wonderboy said:

And this is his vacation home

ihop.jpg

Becton is not overweight.  He is just a very big man. Enough with the fat jokes already.  We know you have a hard on for Penell but no need to trash our Pro Bowl LT for a guy how has yet to play a down in the NFL.   If the Jets draft him, I will root for him like hell.  What I WON'T do is hope trade the guy who has already proven himself at LT for a guy who hasn't played football in over a year.   

On 3/12/2021 at 10:19 PM, jetstream23 said:

I honestly have no idea, but the two concerns I have about Wilson and possibly the reasons he didn't turn the ball over are that the level of competition he faced was pretty poor and his protection was practically great.  He won't have clean pockets in the NFL like he did in college, and most of the defenders he faced will never play a NFL game in their lives.  That gives me pause.  It's also the reason I like Fields a little bit better than many other people.  I still don't think Fields is worthy of a Top 3 pick, but that guy showed he's a gamer, he's tough, he has an arm and he can run...and he did a lot of it at the highest levels vs. the best teams in the nation loaded with NFL talent.

Right so Trade Back with Cincy and take Fields or Lance. One of them will be there at 5,maybe even Wilson, and we'll get a nice pick from Cincy. They wont hesitate to trade for Sewell. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Wilson scares me.  And I'm not talking about his basketball shaped head. He looks like Gumby and hasn't played against ANYONE.  Can you imagine the nubers Fields would put up against the level of competition Wilson played against.  If we can pull a trade off with Cincy, that's a difference of 900 points.  2600 to 1700. Their 2nd rounder is worth 520.  Still 400 points short. So any ideas? 2nd rounder this year and 2022? or have them throw in a player? Really would prefer going with Fields.  Wilson has been talked up so much its a guarantee he will go #2 to someone. 

13 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Becton is not overweight.  He is just a very big man. Enough with the fat jokes already.  We know you have a hard on for Penell but no need to trash our Pro Bowl LT for a guy how has yet to play a down in the NFL.   If the Jets draft him, I will root for him like hell.  What I WON'T do is hope trade the guy who has already proven himself at LT for a guy who hasn't played football in over a year.   

Does a bear poop in the woods? 

factchecked.jpg

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Wow REALLY!! @Morrissey

This post supports you....   @HawkeyeJet

Interesting let Wilson himself tell you about how he lost the starting job in about 55 seconds in and he fought back! So he had to EARN the starting spot back 1:01 mark.

Then the video IMMEDITELY talks about the WEK competition.  You can dismiss it but it is certainly NOT a fabrication!

Fabrication!

Hmmmmm gave video evidence of what I said happen....

Your turn!

Now you show me where Zack Wilson said there was No QB Competition and that he didn't win his job back, (against QBs you can't name without looking them up, my emphasis)!

And then next you show me what big name schools BYU beat last year that were either ranked or went to the college playoffs?  And then you get back to me with someone other than your own family member saying that last year was a tough schedule that BYU had!

Finally ----Last year was a crazy COVID season and many teams didn't play their full schedule with some teams cancelling the their entire season, ummmmm that is a fact...

Cause those were the points I made!

Finally, I will say it again for those who want to beat the dead horse----- I like Zach Wilson, I just believe that he needs development like every colege QB and those are some of my reasons for concern.

Okay all these quarterbacks will need development.  I don't think anyone is saying that they don't.  I ask you what development does Fields need?  Are you as concerned about his areas of development as you are of Wilson?   For me the areas that Wilson excels at are the things make me what him.   As this video says, Wilson checks off all the traits you are looking for in a franchise caliber quarterback.  

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2021 at 12:21 PM, football guy said:

I think the issue is people need to stop evaluating from a marketing/emotional perspective RE: QB. Usually you think "the team needs to be absolutely sold on the QB... the HC needs to be paired with his QB", but I think they truly look at this as a team sport. They may like some aspects of having Wilson (rookie deal, no NFL warts, clean slate, unique talent), as they like aspects of having Darnold. There's a real possibility that the Jets come away more impressed with Wilson yet still stick with Darnold. Fans would criticize that, especially if it didn't work out, but I think ultimately the Jets want to figure out what builds them the better team... as I've said 10000 times now, which is more valuable: QB Darnold + value of #2, or QB #2 + value of Darnold?

If the Jets finish their evals and come away feeling Zach Wilson is head-and-shoulders above what Darnold can be AND get a good offer for Darnold, I'd think they make that move. But not because of the marketing or the desire to get a "face of the franchise" or to "pair the HC/QB"... hell not even due to Darnold's production, but because they determine that QB Wilson + the value for Darnold in a trade is better than QB Darnold + the value for #2 in a trade. 

QB #2 minus Darnold

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Wilson fans: “Sure, I haven’t seen the BYU football team take a snap since Jim McMahon was their quarterback, but I can tell you with great certainty that this man has the rock-hard athletic physique of a lock 15 year NFL starter. Behold the muscle mass:

C9A6BD5C-9359-434A-B008-D76310080DAA.jpeg

Seriously, he could pass on a JV high school team 

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

Two and  half hours?  

I'll watch it if they draft him.

• Haha 1

Trevor Lawrence is lighter than Wilson. Trevor got pooped on by Fields. Trevor is having surgery. Trevor has pathetic a mustache as there has been in D1 football. Trevor is as overhyped as I have ever seen. I can't wait until all these "experts" get shown up. 

5 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Was it a fat joke?

I took it as Becton has a bunch of "pancake" blocks.