Pauline: Jets leaning towards Zach Wilson

GreekJet

6 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Maybe because you made up virtually everything you just said? 

- He was never stripped of his starting position, "essentially" is not "actually". It didnt happen, it was simply a run of the mill college camp battle that happens every year with 95% of college teams. . 

This made me chuckle because you jump his case about making stuff up and then say 95% of college teams have camp battles at QB every year.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve slipped on tougher guys at the Turkish bath house

Turkish bath house?

Closest thing you ever came to that was Thanksgiving week when the rooming house was defrosting all those free turkeys in the bath tub and steam pipe broke while you were bathing on Sunday night. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This made me chuckle because you jump his case about making stuff up and then say 95% of college teams have camp battles at QB every year.

Ok I'm sorry my statistics weren't perfect. 91%.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The Ohio State roster has three four-stars and a five-star QB recruit on it and I can’t recall Justin Fields having to fight for his spot the past two years

• Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

This is a great watch that highlights some really special things about his game that should help him translate. Also a very well done video.

Lots of looking off safeties, utilizing matchups, and fitting passes into tight windows. Also tackles some knocks in his game that need to be ironed out mechanically. Good stuff. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Exaggerate much? He wasn’t “awful” in 2019, but yeah, he didn’t play well enough to be handed the starting position in 2020. 2019 was also a season in which he was recovering from preseason shoulder surgery and a season in which he suffered a fractured thumb.  If you want to ignore those factors, be my guest. But with what I saw from him in 2020, I’m not bothered by his 2019season at all. 

Hmmmmmm to me...I think when a starter loses their starting position because of their play they had to be playing awfully.  I stated that the team who knew All of the things you cited said to Wilson "you are NOT the starting at  QB next year" and '"you will have to compete" means you DID NOT PLAY WELL, yiou were awful!!!

Your defense of Wilson reminds me that....

I heard the same refrain from folks like you about Sanchez when I said before he was drafted he wasn't ready, that hois own college coach Pete Carrol said that Sanchez could be good but then! Rex Ryan's red band green band later we could see that Sanchez had talent BUT THAT HE WASN'T ready!!

I also heard it with Geno Smith when I said "the guy is immature and needs to wait" and folks said Smith was going to be WAAAAAAAAAAY better than Sanchez and told me to shove it. No he  wasn't better as time would tell.

Then when I said that the Jets SHOULDN'T draft Sam Darnold because I said he was a project and he didn't have the number of reps, and that the Jets had a TERRIBLE record of QB development and I was told I was "crazy" because Darnold was a sure fire winner and couldn't be ruined by the Jets! Now the same folks who said that to me are saying Darnold STINKS!!!

Now once again I say to you if the Jets draft Wilson fine ..

.BUT Wilson needs DEVELOPMENT that is all.  You seem to think that Wilson can't fail well I am simply saying that without proper development Zack Wilson can and will fail unless the Jets have a plan....

44 minutes ago, Grandy said:

This is a great watch that highlights some really special things about his game that should help him translate. Also a very well done video.

Lots of looking off safeties, utilizing matchups, and fitting passes into tight windows. Also tackles some knocks in his game that need to be ironed out mechanically. Good stuff. 

Have you seen the way he struts when he walks sometimes?  Obviously not.

Hard pass.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Hmmmmmm to me...I think when a starter loses their starting position because of their play they had to be playing awfully.  I stated that the team who knew All of the things you cited said to Wilson "you are NOT the starting at  QB next year" and '"you will have to compete" means you DID NOT PLAY WELL, yiou were awful!!!

I heard the same refrain from folks like you about Sanchez when I said before he was drafted he wasn't ready, that hois own college coach Pete Carrol said that Sanchez could be good but then! Rex Ryan's red band green band later we could see that Sanchez had talent BUT THAT HE WASN'T ready!!

I also heard it with Geno Smith when I said "the guy is immature and needs to wait" and folks said Smith was going to be WAAAAAAAAAAY better than Sanchez and told me to shove it. No he  wasn't better as time would tell.

Then when I said that the Jets SHOULDN'T draft Sam Darnold because I said he was a project and he didn't have the number of reps, and that the Jets had a TERRIBLE record of QB development and I was told I was "crazy" because Darnold was a sure fire winner and couldn't be ruined by the Jets! Now the same folks who said that to me are saying Darnold STINKS!!!

.BUT Wilson needs DEVELOPMENT that is all.  You seem to think that Wilson can't fail well I am simply saying that without proper development Zack Wilson can and will fail unless the Jets have a plan....

Is there a qb in this draft who DOESN'T need development?  More important is how does his skills translate on the next level.  If you watch this kid objectively you can see he has the skills to succeed in the next level and has the temperament and command of the huddle that you look for in a quarterback.   He has one of the quickest releases of any quarterback in the draft, incredibly accurate passing, throws a great deep pass etc.  Extremely mobile and elusive, high IQ, high character guy.   I'm all in on Wilson.

• Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I feel better about drafting a QB this year then in years past because it appears the Jets actually have the right infrastructure in place to support them. JD, Saleh, Lafleur, Knapp, etc. I know they need to improve the roster, but this is the best I've felt about the potential of this franchise in a long time.

The plan in place for Darnold was awful and doomed to fail the moment Chris and Macagnan lead the coaching search.  However, I do think those failures have led the Jets to finally get this right. Whether they take Zack or Justin I'll support the decision and trust them to properly develop and support him.

This next part isn't directed at any one individual, and certainly not the member I am quoting above, it just came out as I was typing, lol.

I think we as fans need to temper our expectations in 2021. Can the Jets turn it around quickly, yes, teams have done it before. However, if there are struggles in 2021 and there will be, we need to avoid the billboard/plane flying negativity of calling for jobs.  I know many of you have been fans longer than me and have been waiting a long time for championships, but this really needs to be a patient rebuild if we are to achieve sustainable success.

• Post of the Week 1

11 hours ago, JTJet said:

Maybe because you made up virtually everything you just said? 

- He was never stripped of his starting position, "essentially" is not "actually". It didnt happen, it was simply a run of the mill college camp battle that happens every year with 95% of college teams. 

- He only played the same team once from 2019-2020, so he couldn't have "sucked previously against all the same weak teams", and that was San Diego state, and he obliterated them the second time he faced them. 

- He didnt stink against said awful competition. He accounted for 14 TDs and 1 turnover in his first 4 games alone in 2020. 

- The season wasnt "aborted", they played 11 games, double the amount Justin Fields did, and even volunteered along with his entire team to play an extra game on short notice. One of the few teams in college football to play an entire season with just 1 aborted game. 

Hmmmmmmmm ok...

And I still like Wilson but people can have legitimate concerns with him doesn’t make them “Anti-Wilson”.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Is there a qb in this draft who DOESN'T need development?  More important is how does his skills translate on the next level.  If you watch this kid objectively you can see he has the skills to succeed in the next level and has the temperament and command of the huddle that you look for in a quarterback.   He has one of the quickest releases of any quarterback in the draft, incredibly accurate passing, throws a great deep pass etc.  Extremely mobile and elusive, high IQ, high character guy.   I'm all in on Wilson.

That was my point all QBs need development and because I made that simple point folks act like I’m stalking Wilson to beat him up.  

Again I have no problem with him being picked but I do not see Mahomes but that is just me.  
Oh and I said Mahomes would benefit from watching and developing for a year as well. 

1 hour ago, Jdub03 said:

I feel better about drafting a QB this year then in years past because it appears the Jets actually have the right infrastructure in place to support them. JD, Saleh, Lafleur, Knapp, etc. I know they need to improve the roster, but this is the best I've felt about the potential of this franchise in a long time.

The plan in place for Darnold was awful and doomed to fail the moment Chris and Macagnan lead the coaching search.  However, I do think those failures have led the Jets to finally get this right. Whether they take Zack or Justin I'll support the decision and trust them to properly develop and support him.

This next part isn't directed at any one individual, and certainly not the member I am quoting above, it just came out as I was typing, lol.

I think we as fans need to temper our expectations in 2021. Can the Jets turn it around quickly, yes, teams have done it before. However, if there are struggles in 2021 and there will be, we need to avoid the billboard/plane flying negativity of calling for jobs.  I know many of you have been fans longer than me and have been waiting a long time for championships, but this really needs to be a patient rebuild if we are to achieve sustainable success.

Thank you so much this is precisely what in my ham handed way I am trying to do.  You were far more eloquent then I.   Again thank you! :) 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Kevin Mawae would kill and eat Zack Wilson

Or on Nick Mangolds BBQ.

I know here at JN we are an inclusive bunch and at Florham Park also.

It’s why I think Zach should self identify as “Zach Girlyman” for a more inclusive and accurate representation of himself.