Jets targeting Sheldon Rankins and Denico Autry

GreekJet

I thought they’d potentially target a penetrating DT and a bigger end for the Armstead role in the mid-late rounds of the draft to get in the pipeline and rotation (though I was a little surprised about the DT class, seems like more big boys).

Bring in guys like this, more room to draft offense IMO.

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Basement Bargain shopping is EXACTLY what they should be doing with DEFENSE.

Use the big bucks on offense.

This...as loud as humanly possible.

Spend for QB, OL, pass catchers, and edge.

I’m not even big on spending a lot or drafting too high for corner as they burn out quick.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I tried telling people Joe Douglas is going to be Thrifty Joe when it comes to signing UFA's. After watching @GREENBEAN last video regarding the salary cap, I believe there is a good possibility we'll see trades with teams in cap hell, where we get a really good player for a low draft pick. This off-season we'll get some Thrifty Joe's and then some Trade Joe's. Come draft time next month we'll see Joe Douglas work his magic, and when the 2021 draft is over I will not be at all shocked if the Jets are picking 3 times in the first round of the 2022 NFL Draft. 

I think there's a lot of money to be spent and he's going to have to spend it on something. 

wether he trades for players that will be getting paid or signs FA's - really doesn't matter.  He NEEDS to upgrade the rosters.   And he needs to heavily upgrade the roster.  When you have the least talented team in the league it really shouldn't be too hard to do.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Bargain shopping???????????????????? 

I hate it the "bargain shopping" 

jets have tons of money and folks talking about bargain shopping-as a fan my goal is for the jets to win games not save woody money-Joe D has so far(still time) added no improvements to the roster as far as FA go-I dont believe he will add anything of substance either.   He "bargain shopped" last year passing on improving our line as an example and our roster sucked something awful and he wasted a year. 

I want Joe to spend the money and bring in quality players.

at some point Joe actually has to put a roster out there with players that can compete. Parcells year two was in the AFC championship game after taking over a 1-15 team. 

Jets want folks to be patient and "wait for the plan" while sending me full price season ticket bills year in and year out(they would have last year too if the league allowed it)

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

20 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Basement bargain shopping sounds great until the games start to count lol. 

It makes sense to shop in the bargain section on defense. But they need to spend big on Offense IMO. 

yep paying $1 for a filet mignon sounds great too untll you see what that filet looks like when it arrives on your plate-usually you get what you pay for in life 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I think there's a lot of money to be spent and he's going to have to spend it on something. 

wether he trades for players that will be getting paid or signs FA's - really doesn't matter.  He NEEDS to upgrade the rosters.   And he needs to heavily upgrade the roster.  When you have the least talented team in the league it really shouldn't be too hard to do.

I couldn't agree more... build the dam team up and get the players that fit the culture your trying to build, that are smart and love FB.  Not mercenaries like TJ, etc.  Trade down form 6 and pick up extra picks and get a developmental QB if one is available but get some talent in here this year so we can start to be competitive before i die!

• Upvote 1

Just now, SOJ said:

I couldn't agree more... build the dam team up and get the players that fit the culture your trying to build, that are smart and love FB.  Not mercenaries like TJ, etc.  Trade down form 6 and pick up extra picks and get a developmental QB if one is available but get some talent in here this year so we can start to be competitive before i die!

sorry for typo ...

3 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

I was not aware there was a nose in a 4-3

Actually there may be one in the 4-3 the Jets are likely to run.  In the past  Selah has employed a D that uses an "Elephant End" .    Basically a big guy who moves around on the line.  Often used as the edge rusher with his hand in the dirt.  It is often used with a NT.  

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Actually there may be one in the 4-3 the Jets are likely to run.  In the past  Selah has employed a D that uses an "Elephant End" .    Basically a big guy who moves around on the line.  Often used as the edge rusher with his hand in the dirt.  It is often used with a NT.  

Then they need to sign/draft a NT and let Q be an elephant 

Man who knows is this is true, but Joe like those he learned from gets value in FA....unlike the Baltimore teams he was apart of that had a great flow of in house draft picks stepping up - we obviously need to restock the roster and getting value guys although not satisfying to some is AMAZING!!

I dont know crap about the two mentioned but I am willing to guess they woudl be upgrades on our team and really that is all we need collect enough average or better players as cheap as possible to be replaced by guys we draft. 

I think we can "bargain" shop ob both sides and get upgrades every where. Joe has been very methodical. even the so called bad signing he had were great for us and solid plan. The days of wasting money are gone, We are building and starting from scratch that sucks, but we are doing it the rgith way. I am sure Joe will be spending some money on some players but he is not just going to waste money, we need so many upgrades...I hope we sign like 15 starters...

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Basement Bargain shopping is EXACTLY what they should be doing with DEFENSE.

Use the big bucks on offense.

I agree with you somewhat regarding the defense....I think they need to spend big on edge though.  20 years without a legit edge rusher who could get to the QB consistently.  They need to spend big here starting with Shaq Barrett. 

32 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Man who knows is this is true, but Joe like those he learned from gets value in FA....unlike the Baltimore teams he was apart of that had a great flow of in house draft picks stepping up - we obviously need to restock the roster and getting value guys although not satisfying to some is AMAZING!!

I dont know crap about the two mentioned but I am willing to guess they woudl be upgrades on our team and really that is all we need collect enough average or better players as cheap as possible to be replaced by guys we draft. 

I think we can "bargain" shop ob both sides and get upgrades every where. Joe has been very methodical. even the so called bad signing he had were great for us and solid plan. The days of wasting money are gone, We are building and starting from scratch that sucks, but we are doing it the rgith way. I am sure Joe will be spending some money on some players but he is not just going to waste money, we need so many upgrades...I hope we sign like 15 starters...

please tell me the value Joe has gotten in FA -last year he signed a bunch of bums as free agents and extended bums here as well(griffin an example) -I could list all of the free agents joe signed and the contracts but they pretty much all sucked and none of them were not bargains (because they sucked) . I suppose you could argue at least he didnt sign the bumbs to long term big cap deals but that is about it. 

How were the so called bad signings great for us? Do you understand we have the second worst team in the NFL last year and I would argue the worst roster as the Jaqs have a better rb and a better wr core.    Joe had a chance to upgrade the line last year and went on the cheap and it failed. Joe should landed conklin. 

Right now all Joe has done is taken a bad team and made them much worse-his drafted players and his free agents won almost no games last season.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

please tell me the value Joe has gotten in FA -last year he signed a bunch of bums as free agents and extended bums here as well(griffin an example) -I could list all of the free agents joe signed and the contracts but they pretty much all sucked and none of them were not bargains (because they sucked) . I suppose you could argue at least he didnt sign the bumbs to long term big cap deals but that is about it. 

How were the so called bad signings great for us? Do you understand we have the second worst team in the NFL last year and I would argue the worst roster as the Jaqs have a better rb and a better wr core.    Joe had a chance to upgrade the line last year and went on the cheap and it failed. Joe should landed conklin. 

Right now all Joe has done is taken a bad team and made them much worse-his drafted players and his free agents won almost no games last season.  

Well take it for what its worth, this is just the interior DL.  If they go bargain shopping here that's exactly what he is supposed to do.