Jets targeting Sheldon Rankins and Denico Autry

On 3/12/2021 at 9:21 AM, kdels62 said:

This is interesting. I said when we first hired Saleh that Fatukasi isn’t really a good fit for his scheme but I figured he’d make it work. Still if Saleh prefers another more penetrating DT then Foley could have value in a trade. 

They signed Rankins:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/21/jets-signing-sheldon-rankins-to-two-year-deal/

• Post of the Week 1

Not all 4-3's are the same.  

Some systems have two massive space eaters to allow the backers to roam freely and make plays.

Some have one massive DT next to the pass rushing DT.

We appear to be the 4-3 that has two pass rushing DT's.

Q, Rankins, Lawson and possibly a SDE in the draft (Paye/Phillips type) has the makings of something really fierce.  

• Upvote 2

On 3/12/2021 at 9:25 AM, Bungaman said:

He's hearing whatever will generate clicks. Pray tell me if there is a nose tackle in a 4-3 defense. 

Look, I'm old like you (I'm 63,) but I don't fall for this kind of BS, let alone pass it along. (And I am half Greek, and a Greek citizen. My spouse is Greek. They live in Greece while I work my naughty bits to the bone until I can retire in 5 or six years.) What is your excuse? If you are a fan of another team, just go to their board.

I'm 100% Greek, @Mogglezis half Greek like you.  I also can retire to Greece, have lots of family still living there.  

I called him a maláka, he had no idea what I was talking about, he's just trolling from a Giants board.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/13/2021 at 10:29 PM, Bungaman said:

I booked a flight about a month ago to get there in June - changeable but not refundable. Let's hope I get my jab in time - VT seems to be on track for that.

Your family get togethers must be DYNAMITE. Between Greek food and Italian food - no wonder I have excess baggage. My Greek mom taught me the cooking basics, plus some traditional dishes. My Irish dad certainly knew it beat the stuff he ate while growing up ... 

I'm dying to go back.  I was just placed on the kidney transplant list and am at the top of the list so am going to get my life back in short order.  At the top of my list is to actually enjoy retired life and be able to travel internationally for the first time in 11 years as I've been tied to places where I can hook up to a US dialysis center.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Mark78 said:

I guess every draft pick will have to be an offensive player at this point

Which is how most of my mocks have gone anyway!  

They'll have to add a SDE, speedy linebacker, and a corner.

I'm pretty high on Bless and Hall in this system though. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Which is how most of my mocks have gone anyway!  

They'll have to add a SDE, speedy linebacker, and a corner.

I'm pretty high on Bless and Hall in this system though. 

Clowney might round out the DL rather nicely.  I wonder if...

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm dying to go back.  I was just placed on the kidney transplant list and am at the top of the list so am going to get my life back in short order.  At the top of my list is to actually enjoy retired life and be able to travel internationally for the first time in 11 years as I've been tied to places where I can hook up to a US dialysis center.  

I hope you indeed make it back soon - good luck on the transplant, hope the wait is short.

Not sure where I will retire: I do have Greek citizenship. I won't be cash poor, but I have no permanent housing (as a renter.) I am so priced out of the US housing market now. I might try to build a tiny house, and stick it in a friend's back yard, assuming there will be a few still alive by then, and hope for the best.

Not sure I want to go to Greece to retire, as their economy is still a disaster, with little hope for big improvements. My Spanish is crap,  but the EU citizenship might be something to resort to if thing look too grim here for me. At least 1:00 EST football games start there at 7 or 8 PM - a nice plus. The west coast start times will be a little rougher. :)  

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

I donated a kidney back in ‘13. Unfortunately the guy I donated to died 2019. I pray you get that kidney & get back to the stadium!

Thanks so much.  For the kind words and more importantly for the gift of life that lucky man received because of you.  I know more than a few people I have come to know all these years who have been on the receiving end and they feel so blessed to have been given their lives back.  Its even more appreciated when it comes from a living donor, a dream kidney

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2021 at 8:29 PM, Paradis said:

I’m not a dline guru but I believe there’s still some base 40 fronts featuring a nose guard to the strong side. 

Either way (honest question) when was the last time Pauline had a scoop. Didn’t all his in house confidantes leave with Bradway/Tanny 

LOL- once a hack always a hack.