How many starters are we going to pick up in FA?

10-15?

We don't have the roster of studs or a bunch of up and coming draft picks that are about to take the starting roles as Joe is used to from his days, but he is setting the table right now. I love to hear reports that Joe is bargain shopping for guys which I assume will all be upgrades by being actual NFL quality starters...

Some are worried hearing these reports - and yes they could be false reports - but I think it is very likely true. This is great news. This team is being run by a GM that knows what he is doing.

Think about all the bad drafts we have had (holy sh*t like most of our picks are out of the league) - we need to stock the shelves and this year there is going to be a lot of talent looking for work. Is it crazy to think we could have 10-15 new starters on the team from FA?

People forget how bad the line was and then we added NFL quality talent and all of the sudden the line play magically got decent. We need that everywhere . SO JOE by all mean go shopping, we need to picking up 10 plus in starting roles 

15 starters book it.

• Thumb Down 1

It’s so hard to say when you’ve got guys line off ball linebackers, nickel corners, running backs, receivers, and fullbacks who will be part time players. I think a lot of little things will be picked up in FA but I’d expect more like 4-6 no doubt starters and a bunch of guys who will walk into smaller roles or be fighting for larger roles with existing players and draft picks.

3 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

10-15?

We don't have the roster of studs or a bunch of up and coming draft picks that are about to take the starting roles as Joe is used to from his days, but he is setting the table right now. I love to hear reports that Joe is bargain shopping for guys which I assume will all be upgrades by being actual NFL quality starters...

Some are worried hearing these reports - and yes they could be false reports - but I think it is very likely true. This is great news. This team is being run by a GM that knows what he is doing.

Think about all the bad drafts we have had (holy sh*t like most of our picks are out of the league) - we need to stock the shelves and this year there is going to be a lot of talent looking for work. Is it crazy to think we could have 10-15 new starters on the team from FA?

People forget how bad the line was and then we added NFL quality talent and all of the sudden the line play magically got decent. We need that everywhere . SO JOE by all mean go shopping, we need to picking up 10 plus in starting roles 

15 starters book it.

free antces they have to go and get another QB DL TE WR RB T

If we land 2 or 3 good quality starters, it will be an improvement from last year. Douglas' glaring weakness has been his FA acquisitions. Ryan Kalil, Van Roten, Perriman. He's handled this part of the job horribly so far. If he can move to "relatively competent" I'll be happily surprised. 

I'm expecting a decent number of free agent signings penciled in as starters. Take a look at last year as an example.

McGovern, Fant, Lewis, Van Roten, Gore, Perriman, Desir, Poole, Jenkins.

They may not be great starters, but they were starters nonetheless.

Take a look at the current players under contract in 2021.  Half of them are practice squad level or worse. Douglas has no choice but to sign a bunch of players just to fill out a semi-respectable 53 man roster. This is why they need every draft pick and free agent dollar they have.

I don't see Douglas making a bunch of splashy first tier free agent signings. But he's going to be all over second and third tier free agents and cap casualties from other teams. These players are inevitably going to be filling in the starting positions week 1.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, section314 said:

4-5.

I think about 5 or 6, but a couple of them could quickly be supplanted by early Draft picks.  Just like when the Jets signed Fant and labeled him a LT only to replace with Becton.  We might sign a few guys as placeholders...

WR, OG or C, RB - That's 3 on offense.

LB, DE, CB - That's 3 on defense.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

10-15?

15 starters book it.

You're being sarcastic, right?

• Upvote 1