Niners not in on Sam?

Garropolo, when healthy is a fringe top ten qb.  He’s consistently put up top ten numbers when healthy and meanwhile his backups have stunk up the joint, thus indicating his value.

The big caveat is that he’s been injured a lot, leading to speculation about how his body reacts to the NFL.  SF have direct access to his current medical, and will hinge their decision based upon what their drs say.

It’s a tremendous no brainer to pick him over Sam if they think he can stay healthy, even with the huge salary hit (which they could perhaps extend).

45 minutes ago, Hael said:

Garropolo, when healthy is a fringe top ten qb.  He’s consistently put up top ten numbers when healthy and meanwhile his backups have stunk up the joint, thus indicating his value.

The big caveat is that he’s been injured a lot, leading to speculation about how his body reacts to the NFL.  SF have direct access to his current medical, and will hinge their decision based upon what their drs say.

It’s a tremendous no brainer to pick him over Sam if they think he can stay healthy, even with the huge salary hit (which they could perhaps extend).

Sam is injury prone too. 

i agree, its a no brainer. Garropolo over Sam

• Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, Hael said:

He's only played in more than 6 games once in his career. The amazing thing is that a lot of people agree with you. The only year he managed to stay healthy was in 2019. He had a good year. Look at the talent he had around him. Not to mention, he'll be 30 yrs old before the season starts.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

"Hello Team who helped our new coach get to the position he's currently holding. Would you like to give us a high draft pick for this sh*t player on our roster? He's a GREAT fit for the offense you guys run. What's that? Yeah I know it's the same system we're looking to run, but that's different..."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, TeddEY said:

The Darnold to SF stuff never made any sense because they already have a QB who is better than Sam Darnold.

Jimmy G has a massive contract and is injury prone.  The 49ers know our roster last year with Gase would make any QB look bad

That said if the 49ers offer Jimmy G and a couple mid round picks for Sam I’d take it

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Jimmy G has a massive contract and is injury prone.  The 49ers know our roster last year with Gase would make any QB look bad

That said if the 49ers offer Jimmy G and a couple mid round picks for Sam I’d take it

He has a very reasonable contract for the next two years and can be cut with very little impact on their cap.  Most people don't understand that his contract was front loaded because SF had gobs of cap space when they signed him.  His contract was structured in a way where it looked ridiculous to the average fan but fit into SF short and long term plans.   If SF thinks they have enough personal to make a run this year and next his a much better option than Sam.   He knows their system, he wins at an amazing rate as a starter and he's a very good NFL QB.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

codredfew.gif

SAR I

We use words like honor, code, and loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand the post. Either way I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

8 hours ago, Biggs said:

He has a very reasonable contract for the next two years and can be cut with very little impact on their cap.  Most people don't understand that his contract was front loaded because SF had gobs of cap space when they signed him.  His contract was structured in a way where it looked ridiculous to the average fan but fit into SF short and long term plans.   If SF thinks they have enough personal to make a run this year and next his a much better option than Sam.   He knows their system, he wins at an amazing rate as a starter and he's a very good NFL QB.  

Sam is younger and probably more talented.  The Jets did everything to ruin him and the 49ers know it

6 hours ago, RichardTodd27 said:

LOL. Sorry Jimmy G. is on a different level than Darnold. We'd have to throw in some picks along with Darnold to get him.

we’d be doing SF a favor taking on what’s left of his contract and Sam is better than you guys think 

• Haha 2