Watson documenting his off-season drama?

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop.

This is ridiculous behavior.  Do you really think any organization wants their QB or any player documenting their negotiations and discussions.   and then seemingly using to hold over their heads.  Essentially black mail at this point.

Do you think JD wants a guy that's willing to do things like this?

it's ugly, super diva sh*t.

No On JD but mostly because the camera adds 40 lbs 

• Haha 1

Honestly this could just be a knot her tactic to scare the owner into trading him. Cal McNair isn’t known as the brightest of owners, and there is probably a lot of dirt they don’t want out. In the other hand it doesn’t take much to get black balled as a player. He should probably tread lightly. This ain’t the NBA. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. You don’t know what’s in the documentary

2. by presuming it’s anti-Texans, you are acknowledging that the Texans situation is uniquely troubling.

3. A little light reading for the “Watson (and, I guess, JJ Watt) is/are a diva/s” set:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

He should have documented the Texans promising him, he'd be involved ti a HC and GM hire. I think he's full of sh. 

• Thumb Down 2

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is this really the guy we want to give up 4 first round picks for?

Someone that's documenting his life to share it with people another time?

This is the type of ego, the woe is me attitude - he is acting like the definition of a spoiled superstar.

I was on the fence on this trade - but absolutely want NOTHING to do with him...

I now have no doubt the moment things get bumpy here he will start pulling the same sh*t...

I want all the picks.  We have a lot of needs.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

FTR, this is nothing like Jamal. He's documenting the entire episode, creating a timeline. Unlike Jamal, who's story changed every five minutes. That's one cat who doesn't ever want the truth to come out about his trade drama.

If your a Watson fanboy nothing he does can be bad however if you just want your players to play football and not be a drama queen this can make fair fans think twice..

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

2. by presuming it’s anti-Texans, you are acknowledging that the Texans situation is uniquely troubling.

3. A little light reading for the “Watson (and, I guess, JJ Watt) is/are a diva/s” set:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2020/12/10/ex-chaplain-jack-easterby-houston-texans-chaos-after-power-struggle-daily-cover

Small minded are always quick to judge and toss out insults. These glasshouse dwellers kill me ?‍♂️

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Is this really the guy we want to give up 4 first round picks for?
Someone that's documenting his life to share it with people another time?
This is the type of ego, the woe is me attitude - he is acting like the definition of a spoiled superstar.
I was on the fence on this trade - but absolutely want NOTHING to do with him...
I now have no doubt the moment things get bumpy here he will start pulling the same sh*t...

this should help drop the price at least..
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It's not what's in it, it's the fact that he's doing it.

Any situation like this - where two sides are very far apart...things get tense and if one party chooses to create a documentary and essentially editorialize the process - it creates a very ugly situation. 

This will now force the Texans to document everything...and here we go.  If he goes to the Jets, they will now have to document everything that has anything to do with Watson, because they need to protect themselves against this happening to them.

I don't care what's in it or who's wrong or right - just the fact that it's being done is very worrisome    

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like the Texans situation is uniquely terrible and it probably justifies Watson’s people going big balls to get him out of there. I’d imagine this “documentary” is a preemptive defense against what will be a fairly vicious post-trade smear campaign from the Texans painting Watson as an entitled douche. If Watson simply has the recording of Easterby calling his (Watson’s) mom to complain about his behavior, that’ll be a wrap.

Yep. It also guarantees he can't back down

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Esterby is already looking into property locations in Guyana for the next step in his transformation of the Texans org. 

Trying to imagine how my coworkers would react if some new-hire executive tried stopping us in the hallways to hold prayer circles. They’d never find the body.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, freestater said:

I'd want out if I was forced to work with this guy too...

dkzqciyxmt2fmk0dubap.jpg

In the old days Free if he gave you a bale of the best weed you would love him..LOL Maybe Darnold should do a documentary on how trading Robby screwed up his playing ability.. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wit said:

Honestly this could just be a knot her tactic to scare the owner into trading him. Cal McNair isn’t known as the brightest of owners, and there is probably a lot of dirt they don’t want out. In the other hand it doesn’t take much to get black balled as a player. He should probably tread lightly. This ain’t the NBA. 

Yes.  It's called Blackmail and it's ugly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Trying to imagine how my coworkers would react if some new-hire executive tried stopping us in the hallways to hold prayer circles. They’d never find the body.

My sister's sister-in-law is a nun. Had the family over for Thanksgiving one year and they asked me to say the prayer before dinner. I said sure and started off with, "Oh glorious lord Satan, hear our prayer.."

That stopped that sh*t. 

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Hey I've wanted - and still want - Watson. 

You have to admit, though, no team is going to like the idea of everything they've said getting recorded, with the ability to use any of it - including things said in a joking manner - out of context. If I had footage of every comment you made, which you presumed to be private at the time, I could effortlessly make you look even more evil than we know you to be. Relax, it'd be no better with such footage of me either.

I couldn't care less how bad he can make McNair look, since I just want Watson to be the Jets' QB. But absent the revelation of him having something far beyond perceived slights - something like recordings of McNair dropping n-bombs (which I'd think Watson would have released already if he had it) - I'll admit this can only make him less attractive to other FOs.

There's also now a new potential wrinkle, like McNair is probably thinking Watson would have that much less reason to keep anything embarrassing to himself once he's on another team, so he could just refuse to trade him now for spite. 

2 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

In the old days Free if he gave you a bale of the best weed you would love him..LOL Maybe Darnold should do a documentary on how trading Robby screwed up his playing ability.. 

I seriously doubt that guy could get better ganja than me..?

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hey I've wanted - and still want - Watson. 

You have to admit, though, no team is going to like the idea of everything they've said getting recorded, with the ability to use any of it - including things said in a joking manner - out of context. If I had footage of every comment you made, which you presumed to be private at the time, I could effortlessly make you look even more evil than we know you to be. Relax, it'd be no better with such footage of me either.

I couldn't care less how bad he can make McNair look, since I just want Watson to be the Jets' QB. But absent the revelation of him having something far beyond perceived slights - something like recordings of McNair dropping n-bombs (which I'd think Watson would have released already if he had it) - I'll admit this can only make him less attractive to other FOs.

There's also now a new potential wrinkle, like McNair is probably thinking Watson would have that much less reason to keep anything embarrassing to himself once he's on another team, so he could just refuse to trade him now for spite. 

That’s assuming the doc is about that, what if he’s just states his problems and then shows him doing the charity work and helping the current Texans like Jalen Ramsey said he was? We don’t know what’s in it so to assume anything is crazy, no?