Watson documenting his off-season drama?

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I will say Houston calling his bluff would make for excellent television. 

I think this makes that outcome more likely. Tactical mistake imo. Release what you've got when you're ready to release it, without leaks beforehand. 

Sometimes things work out despite poor planning, but this is poor planning that can make the desired result less likely than it was yesterday.

To get someone else to ante up you have to look like someone the new team can trust on a personal level, and accomplishes the opposite.

I'm still in favor of getting Watson, but I think this makes that more difficult and less likely.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems to be a relatively minor part of the overall Texans problems right now

I have no proof of this. It's my feeling that when the Texans went 4-12, he saw a team that might be in for a long rebuild, and he didn't want any part of it. Watson is all about Watson 

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Until Watson is traded somewhere else, he is the prohibitive favorite to be the QB1 of your 2021 New York Jets, folks. 

Hopefully. Acquiring Watson is the no brainer best possible scenario for the Jets getting a QB. The only downside I see is the price.

2 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

That’s assuming the doc is about that, what if he’s just states his problems and then shows him doing the charity work and helping the current Texans like Jalen Ramsey said he was? We don’t know what’s in it so to assume anything is crazy, no?

If it's nothing crazy, that's of course different.

But if it paints the owner in a bad light (beyond keeping Watson from pursuing a career elsewhere, of course, since everyone already knew that) it's not helpful to his cause.

Until he does his video montage, showing nothing inflammatory in it, it's not far-fetched for people (including other teams' FOs and owners) to assume the worst.

I'd rather this wasn't a thing.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

I have no proof of this. It's my feeling that when the Texans went 4-12, he saw a team that might be in for a long rebuild, and he didn't want any part of it. Watson is all about Watson 

The way you assume things without all the information is amazing and it also explains why you would love for the Jets to keep the literal worst starting QB in the entire league. 

?‍♂️

• Upvote 1

Everyone should read the articles on SI about Easterby's rise to power and the culture in Houston. It's an entertaining read and shows how a real toxic organization goes about their business.

No issues with Watson filming and documenting this debacle as there is probably alot of stuff that would never see the light of day otherwise. The organization has people following their players in the offseason, just for starters.

All that said, I don't see JD paying the price for Watson at the end of the day. He will probably go to Carolina if push comes to shove.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Stop.

This is ridiculous behavior.  Do you really think any organization wants their QB or any player documenting their negotiations and discussions.   and then seemingly using to hold over their heads.  Essentially blackmail at this point.

Do you think JD wants a guy that's willing to do things like this?

it's ugly, super diva sh*t.

If they don't like it, they can trade him.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

The way you assume things without all the information is amazing and it also explains why you would love for the Jets to keep the literal worst starting QB in the entire league. 

?‍♂️

I think his reasons for wanting out, are not to be believed. If i feel that way, then they're must be another reason. He can't say he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild. He just signed that deal. It would make him look real bad.

Recording everything is a very smart move. The Texans will absolutely try and control the narrative whether Watson is traded or not. Recording everything takes away that power.

What it also shows is that Watson and the folks around him didn’t just decide overnight that he wanted out. This was well thought out, and they’re doing everything within their power to make sure they have all the receipts. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Small minded?

Why did you feel the need to insult others for not seeing things the way you do? 

To cast judgements on a person and label them one way or another without all the information is very small minded, no? Everyone is pearl clutching as if we all just viewed this unreleased documentary.

This is Blackmail, He’s AB, - very small mined without all the evidence 

1 minute ago, static14 said:

Recording everything is a very smart move. The Texans will absolutely try and control the narrative whether Watson is traded or not. Recording everything takes away that power.

What it also shows is that Watson and the folks around him didn’t just decide overnight that he wanted out. This was well thought out, and they’re doing everything within their power to make sure they have all the receipts. 

Do you think Russell Wilson is in Seattle documenting how bad the FO was to him and not getting any O-line help?? No he's a man not a Jamal or Watson wannabe..

7 minutes ago, static14 said:

Just the kind of person you'd want to sell the farm for. Let him be somebody's else's problem.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If it's nothing crazy, that's of course different.

But if it paints the owner in a bad light (beyond keeping Watson from pursuing a career elsewhere, of course, since everyone already knew that) it's not helpful to his cause.

Until he does his video montage, showing nothing inflammatory in it, it's not far-fetched for people (including other teams' FOs and owners) to assume the worst.

I'd rather this wasn't a thing.

“ When you’re surrounded by crap sometimes you’re going to get crap on ya “

10 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Do you think Russell Wilson is in Seattle documenting how bad the FO was to him and not getting any O-line help?? No he's a man not a Jamal or Watson wannabe..

Not documenting everything in an acrimonious legal/money situation isn't manly, its moronic.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If I had footage of every comment you made, which you presumed to be private at the time, I could effortlessly make you look even more evil than we know you to be

This is why I do 30% of my most horrible behavioral things in the public eye—to set a baseline. Like you said, though, I don’t care what Watson does to the Texans as long as he ends up on the Jets. The Texans seem legitimately messed up, and nobody around that franchise even tries to defend them, so it’s not like Watson wants out just to get out. And as sh*tty as the Jets are, none of their allegedly aggrieved players other than Adams have ripped the org on the way out. Hell, you’ve got former Jets like Brandon Marshall advising Watson to go to the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

So you think the NFL condones every player making documentaries on how they think they have been mistreated?? I don't see it.. 

If I was a player in the league, I'd be looking into starting a class action against the league and players association concerning their collusion in suppressing my wages artificially when entering the league and treating players like cattle with an anti-free-market conspiracy like the draft. 

...just so you get an idea of how much sympathy the league/owners are due in my book. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, genot said:

You go from "I have no proof" to "I have formulated a concrete opinion on him that degrades his character" ?

If you take a position off false/misleading/made up pretenses  your position is flawed to say the least. And for it to be such a strong opinion against his character - idk how you people so easily turn on others - its sorta wild. 

Watson wants out, he's not even talking to the media which is unheard of for someone who is trying to get out. We don't even know what he's "chronicling" or how or why. We don't even know the true nature of the Easterby-Watson issues. It's not bad to admit we don't know what we don't know. 

The dude does a lot for Houston and other communities. Personally not going to say Watson is all about himself based off hear-say or half-information. Its okay to wait and see how this shakes out. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This is why I do 30% of my most horrible behavioral things in the public eye—to set a baseline. Like you said, though, I don’t care what Watson does to the Texans as long as he ends up on the Jets. The Texans seem legitimately messed up, and nobody around that franchise even tries to defend them, so it’s not like Watson wants out just to get out. And as sh*tty as the Jets are, none of their allegedly aggrieved players other than Adams have ripped the org on the way out. Hell, you’ve got former Jets like Brandon Marshall advising Watson to go to the Jets. 

Just this past year  O line man Osemele and Q the W/R and Robbie wasn't exactly praising the team either.. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No doubt, but until such time as all potential suitors find out that these recordings are all about him & not (directly) about the team/owners, this still isn't helpful.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Icer said:

Everyone should read the articles on SI about Easterby's rise to power and the culture in Houston. It's an entertaining read and shows how a real toxic organization goes about their business.

No issues with Watson filming and documenting this debacle as there is probably alot of stuff that would never see the light of day otherwise. The organization has people following their players in the offseason, just for starters.

All that said, I don't see JD paying the price for Watson at the end of the day. He will probably go to Carolina if push comes to shove.

Thanks for the heads up.  I just went and read it.  Very interesting read.

The guy seems like a tool for sure but not evil or a racist (which is what I thought based on what I was reading here)  

Nothing in that showed the organization had people followed, just a couple of people thought it.  I highly doubt they were.

I don't know - what I read surely shows that the Texans need to fix their front office - but not nearly as bad as I thought based on many of the posts I've read around here.

Just now, T0mShane said:

What in his history leads you to believe this? His championships? His philanthropy?

Why does he think as a QB, he should have a part in a GM search. Is they're anything in his past that would suggest he knows about the career of a JD, or anybody in any front office of any NFL team. These GM's work on money issues also. It takes an enormous ego, and a lot of nerve to even think he should be part of that process. As dysfunctional as the Texans are. I don't believe they would ever agree to that