Watson documenting his off-season drama?

33 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

To cast judgements on a person and label them one way or another without all the information is very small minded, no? Everyone is pearl clutching as if we all just viewed this unreleased documentary.

This is Blackmail, He’s AB, - very small mined without all the evidence 

Do you get the irony of what you're writing?

You are casting judgement on me - without knowing all the information.  How do you know what I know? Do you have all the information about me?

We're on a chat board to speculate, share opinions and for me - really just to have fun. 

Just never found name calling of other posters to be productive, helpful or enjoyable.  I'm happy to strongly debate an opinion but name calling just seems childish.  But I guess you're right, if you enjoy name calling -  I say good for you...go for it, I won't complain anymore.

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I just went and read it.  Very interesting read.

The guy seems like a tool for sure but not evil or a racist (which is what I thought based on what I was reading here)  

Nothing in that showed the organization had people followed, just a couple of people thought it.  I highly doubt they were.

I don't know - what I read surely shows that the Texans need to fix their front office - but not nearly as bad as I thought based on many of the posts I've read around here.

I didn't get the sense that racism was involved other than the infamous Bob McNair quote from years ago, but it definitely comes off as a inexperienced and foolish owner being enthralled by someone way above their station. Would be interesting to see if some of the others darker parts of the story are true, and maybe Watson has some of that footage captured like blatant lying, or following players, etc

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Do you get the irony of what you're writing?

You are casting judgement on me - without knowing all the information.  How do you know what I know? Do you have all the information about me?

We're on a chat board to speculate, share opinions and for me - really just to have fun. 

Just never found name calling of other posters to be productive, helpful or enjoyable.  I'm happy to strongly debate an opinion but name calling just seems childish.  But I guess you're right, if you enjoy name calling -  I say good for you...go for it, I won't complain anymore.

Maybe Oatmeal has breakfast cereal supremacy??B)  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, freestater said:

My sister's sister-in-law is a nun. Had the family over for Thanksgiving one year and they asked me to say the prayer before dinner. I said sure and started off with, "Oh glorious lord Satan, hear our prayer.."

That stopped that sh*t. 

Wait.....your sisters sister-in--law.....that means you are married to a nun?

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Kind of a turn off.... in fact an extremely weird flex tbh. But mostly I wouldn’t care if he was shooting a full length movie lol..just come to NY and throw TD’s.

This is only cool if it ends up with him walking into Florham Park and hugging Robert Saleh. Otherwise it is lame lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, fullblast said:

I see a trip to the Roscoe Diner in JD’s future

It's funny how prolific that diner is, I used to stop there most trips between Syracuse and the City.

Most people I know who travel between downstate and upstate frequent it. 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

When he sits out he's gonna need$.

Watson could stick it to the Texans if they don't trade him and opt out though Covid protocols.  Sitting out because of management issues just doesn't sit well.  Best to trade him. Favorites are the Fins IMO.   3, 18, Tua + couple other picks/players.  Thats a haul. Dolphins are not shy making big trades and they are further along in their rebuild than we are.  

15 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Watson could stick it to the Texans if they don't trade him and opt out though Covid protocols.  Sitting out because of management issues just doesn't sit well.  Best to trade him. Favorites are the Fins IMO.   3, 18, Tua + couple other picks/players.  Thats a haul. Dolphins are not shy making big trades and they are further along in their rebuild than we are.  

Could be. Doubt they want any part of Tua. Thing is, the Texans may just be stubborn enough to ride this out.

15 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

The Dolphins will suck inside of two years. Wildly overrated 

21 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I dont see the NFL allowing another opt out season.

• Upvote 2

Watson has told the Texans he’s not playing for them and wants to be traded.  Pretty much all he’s said.  He’s a high character guy who’s going up against a very powerful institution that feels they own him.  A little paranoia is probably justified even though it’s a bad look.  

Can’t see Douglas trading a haul for anyone.  Would love to have him.  Great player, high character guy, good leadership qualities.  Wish him the best.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Just the kind of person you'd want to sell the farm for. Let him be somebody's else's problem.

Yes, let him go be a top 5 QB in Miami for the next decade.  That sounds fun.

No one will remember this documentary 6 months from now.  People keep saying Watson has no leverage over Houston. This is how players have to create leverage. It’s ugly, yes, but it works.  And it will work out for both Watson and the team that acquires him as well.

One thing is for sure:  Watson isn’t playing another snap for Houston ever again, regardless.

• Upvote 2