Zeitler to Ravens...

10 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

either this is a bargain or the FA's $$'s are going to be tight for others as well. he is a damn good player, and not far off from the top guys in the OL market.

If we can stay in this pocket for OL financially doubt it though we should be able to plug some nice holes if this is going to be the market for OL 

Just now, Wonderboy said:

so whats Thuney worth? Zeitler approx 7.3 per year. Is he worth twice as much 15M per 4 years, 40 M guaranteed? 

Who knows.. I don’t think Thuney is double the player Zeitler is? Maybe contracts will be lower this year because of the cap? We’ll find out soon 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

have to wonder how many guys take 1 year deals or deals with opt outs...next year there will be more teams with money and possibly the bump from the TV deal.

Last year we saw a lot of one year deals, this year even though the cap is low in 2021, everyone knows the cap will go up significantly over the next few years.  Typically, year one in a multi year deal carries the lowest cap number of the contracts term anyway, so that fits the financial situation for 2021.   If a guy is worth signing for multi years, he’ll be signed.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Jets should have been in..way in on this guy..at least to drive the price up on Baltimore....reports are saying the Jets weren't even in the mix..why?..Thuney could get away also...I'm smelling shades of Sandy Alderson in JD..he doesn't look like he knows how to spend even when he has it..

Couldn't be his first boner.  The guy has kids.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Jets should have been in..way in on this guy..at least to drive the price up on Baltimore....reports are saying the Jets weren't even in the mix..why?..Thuney could get away also...I'm smelling shades of Sandy Alderson in JD..he doesn't look like he knows how to spend even when he has it..

Already we're starting with this?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Fire Joe Douglas!

@SAR I

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Just so I understand, you want Douglas to sign every offensive lineman, or at least offer them a contract?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Holy sh*t chill the **** out. 

• Upvote 1

Peter King today:

Money spent on the top end of free agency is usually wasteful. “Usually” is being charitable. In the last three free-agency seasons, the Jets guaranteed six imports more than $10 million: linebacker C.J. Mosley ($43 million), cornerback Trumaine Johnson ($34 million), running back Le’Veon Bell ($27 million), center Connor McGovern ($18 million), wideout Jamison Crowder ($17 million), and linebacker Avery Williamson ($16 million). Out of that $155 million in guarantees, the Jets got one good player—Crowder. The rest are either long gone or major disappointments. Check out the biggest contracts in free agency over the past three years, all those for $70 million or more, and what has become of each player:

1. Trey Flowers, Detroit ($90 million). Nine sacks in two years for an edge rusher.
  2. Nick Foles, Jacksonville ($88 million). Made $38 million in two Jacksonville/Chicago years while going 2-9.
  3. C.J. Mosley, Jets ($85 million). Two years, one opt-out, 121 snaps, earned $29 million.
  4. Kirk Cousins, Minnesota ($84 million). Good NFL starting quarterback.
  5. Byron Jones, Miami ($82.5 million). Per Pro Football Focus, allowed a passer rating of 117.0 in 2020, second-worst among corners who played 500 snaps or more.
  6. Trumaine Johnson, Jets ($72.5 million). Benched for good in second Jet season. Cut after the year. One of the worst free-agent signings in history.
  7. Robert Quinn, Chicago ($70 million). Two sacks in 15 games in first Bear season, 2020.

I know—most of these players won’t be around to earn the full contract, except for Cousins. But it gives you an idea of how bad an idea it is to jump into the market and overpay stars who are not stars.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

Just so I understand, you want Douglas to sign every offensive lineman, or at least offer them a contract?

No...I want him actively in the mix in areas of need and having a multi pronged approach...not hanging his hat on certain players like Thuney and no fallback if he goes elsewhere..it doesn't hurt to drive the price up for other teams either..it's a smart strategy.