***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

On 3/15/2021 at 2:28 PM, kmnj said:

I edited for u

it is Joe's job to get players to come here-if that is too big for him then find another guy-he made the roster worse  then when he got here

Parcells  did just fine with a 1-15 team

Why do I feel like this comment should come from someone wearing a checkered shirt sporting a rockin' mullet hairdo?

20 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

With all the reports of Fields lighting it up in Bears camp

and Wilson struggling...

JD is kinda quiet these days....

Fields in a scrimmage vs the Dolphins struggles, throws multiple picks.  Against second stringers.  But hes lighting it up.    

Its camp nonsense.  Hes a rookie, they all struggle in camp.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I loved Gase.  Got Mac fired.  Hired Douglas, found out Sam sucked and got himself fired.  He restructured the entire organization in 2 years.

Saleh seems to be for the better.  Douglas has me concerned.  Fingers crossed. 

SAR I

38 minutes ago, legler82 said:

So obviously he had a better day two than day one.  You know like all rookie QBs.  

And hes playing against the twos, so theres that

NY press would have changed the Fields narrative.  3 tweets reviewing his practice and no one charted comps and atts.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So obviously he had a better day two than day one.  You know like all rookie QBs.  

And hes playing against the twos, so theres that

NY press would have changed the Fields narrative.  3 tweets reviewing his practice and no one chart comps and atts.  

The "does Wilson suck" narrative after two bad practices was only because he's a Jet lol.  

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

Saleh seems to be for the better.  Douglas has me concerned.  Fingers crossed. 

SAR I

Tend to agree....Love the Saleh hire. 

JD whiffed on quite a few picks. In the end, no matter what anyone says it boils down to this.

If Zach is the real deal, JD is a god. 

If Zach busts or turns into just a game manager, JD just another GM in a league of many. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

jdsuggs.jpg

SAR I

This is a contrarian indicator.  Some people look at this as failure and, in small part it was.  I tend to see it as a GM who understands economics, sunk costs, opportunity costs, using good money (available roster spots) to chase after bad.  Some guys never know when to sell a stock because they "just know it's gonna make a comeback."  Other guys sold Intel and bought Nvidia years ago.

Joe, you don't have to hang on to guys just to try to prove yourself right.  Covid isn't an excuse but last years evals were not an easy task.  I appreciate you admitting that some guys you picked simply might not be longterm NFL players.  Why pass on an available guy who just hit the waiver wire simply trying to prove yourself right?  Answer:  There's no reason.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 1

We have one of the worst rosters in the entire NFL, again. We’d literally be laughing if the Fin fans pumped up their GM like we do Joe Douglas. The guys gets praised for cutting his own draft picks lol. Teflon Joe. Fans think he’s a great GM because he looks like a former lineman that would be a fun guy to drink beers with. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

We have one of the worst rosters in the entire NFL, again. We’d literally be laughing if the Fin fans pumped up their GM like we do Joe Douglas. The guys gets praised for cutting his own draft picks lol. Teflon Joe. Fans think he’s a great GM because he looks like a former lineman that would be a fun guy to drink beers with. 

This happens with every new regime the Jets have.  The fans all say the last GM was worse than AIDS and the new GM is an all-knowing guru 

The problem is no legit GM wants to work for the Johnsons so we are stuck scraping the bottom of the barrel for other teams coffee runners they can’t wait to get rid of

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

image.thumb.png.6ac1fef6761f9e35ec486b4c6b819e46.png

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

This happens with every new regime the Jets have.  The fans all say the last GM was worse than AIDS and the new GM is an all-knowing guru 

The problem is no legit GM wants to work for the Johnsons so we are stuck scraping the bottom of the barrel for other teams coffee runners they can’t wait to get rid of

2nd year of the rebuilding and with the franchise qb just starting out it’s a little early to declare Joe Douglas a failure. He was a young exec with a great resume and likely to get a lot of interest from other teams had we not taken him off the market in an off time for hiring, so to say he wasn’t a legit candidate because he accepted the Johnsons’ offer seems ridiculous. He also was able to hire the most sought after coaching candidate of the cycle as well. I understand criticism of his moves but you’re doing the opposite of what you say all Jet fans do with a new regime. Your declaring the new guy is worse than aids for just coming to work here. 

27 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

This.  

It’s Vinny Rex Testaverde Ryan syndrome all over again.  

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

37 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

I don’t know if he’s a good GM or not yet. His team won 2 games last year and he has to take some of the responsibility for that. He was basically hired by Adam Gase they kind of came in as a team. But I’ll give him more time. If Wilson and Saleh pan out he’s done a good job. If not same old he lasts a short period of time. I so far haven’t seen any great moves he’s made like all GMs he’s capable of making a deal. I want to look at glass half full and give this team a chance. I could see them being a .500 team but not better this year. But a lot of underdogs have good years sometimes great years. 

2020 class is obviously looking rough, but one draft doesn't make or break a GM. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for his savvy trading, FA moves when not up against the season starting (kalil), and promising 2021 class. It's all a big unknown still but there are enough signs to be positive about.

• Upvote 2