***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Welcome to a Jets message board

opinions are what we do here 

Unless its you, SAR etc and its an agenda.  Claiming that Saleh will announce that Becton's going to miss the entire season isnt opinion, its nonsense based on an agenda to rip the pick.  

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Unless its you, SAR etc and its an agenda.  Claiming that Saleh will announce that Becton's going to miss the entire season isnt opinion, its nonsense based on an agenda to rip the pick.  

Wana make a bet he does miss the whole season tho? State your wager 

• Post of the Week 1

If there is a gold standard GM there's zero chance he takes the Jets job.
But once you determine the current GM sucks you make a change and give the new guy a chance.  I'm old enough that I'm coming around to SAR's philosophy. I don't have many 5 year rebuilds left. 
Yeah, much better to have 5 one year rebuilds so we get the satisfaction of firing more people.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Proof that this thread has mental integrity lol...  The 2 most sorry as$'d posters on JN.
Maybe if we all just sneak out one by one they won't notice they're the only ones left ... two grumpy old men shouting at the clouds.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

I was just looking at teams draft from 2020.  

If Becton comes back and plays to his ceiling, with Bryce Hall turning out to be a great CB1, one could argue the Jets had top 5 draft in 2020.  Teams swung and missed big time.  I dont see a single team that walked away with 3 impact players, not one.  A handful landed 2.  Tampa with Wirfs and Winfield. Washington came away with Young and Gibson.  Detroit came away with Swift and Okudah.  Dallas Lamb and Diggs.  Indy Taylor and Pittman. Cincy Burrow and Higgins.  Jets Becton and Hall and maybe Mims. 

Is JD a genius?  Maybe.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Fields and Lance are starting because of injury not plan.  In both cases the plan was for both of them to sit as part of their development. 

Lets compare Lawrence to Zach.  Both are being coached by rookie's who don't know what they are doing.  Both have sucked.  Lawrence as much as his sucked is being blown away in the suck department by Zach.  To give you context, Lawrence has a QB rating that's 13 points better than Zach Wilson.   At the low levels both of them are at that's very significant level of suck for Zach. 

No Fields and Lance were going to sit because their teams already had better options at QB.  Some here were built hurt that we didnt draft fields and a few liked Lances potential.  Theyre struggling because thats what most rookie QBs on bad teams do.  Like Fields.

Lets compare Lawrence to Zach, no one is complaining about Lawerence even struggling in Jax while every report on Wilson on ESPN, NFL network, CBS sports etc starts off with the struggling Wilson.  Nothing about Lawrence, Fields, Lance comes close to the scrutiny Zach is under playing in NY.  Their QB ratings after 5 games when both their ratings are bad isnt significant.  Watch them play.  Tell me Lawrence has played defenses like Denver, NE, Carolina....

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And JD was a hot commodity who asked for 2 extra years and got it and for a 1st time GM is paid more than normal 1st year GMs

Add in Woody didnt hire him, Chris did and your reply turns into more fantasy than fact just to try and make a point that isnt actually there

The fact is that the Johnsons are too cheap to hire experienced GMs. Our last 3 were all rookies.  During a rebuild you need to have experience and not roll the dice with rookies.  Their poor choices and decisions have set this franchise back years and years.  You must be living in your fantasy Jetland, wake up And smell the coffee. 

9 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Joe Douglas gets $3 million a year for 6 years. The average GM makes between $1 to $3 million per year, and gets 4 to 5 year contracts. You could say many things about Woody, but cheap is not one of them.

An experienced GM that knows what he is doing gets over 7 million a year. 3 million compared to 7 million is being cheap. 

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Even if you somehow won its the same as picking a winning horse based on he has the same name as an ex girlfriend 

I'll make the bet

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Bet on 

Internet bets are silly fyi 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

56 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He's qualification is he's the rookie HC's BFF.  Lefleur has yet to prove he's qualified to be an OC in the NFL.  To say he has is pure delusion.  It's not objective at all.  It's subjective.  It's your opinion.  You don't even know what objective or proof actually mean. 

Go put your thumbs down on this.  It's my opinion not proof that you're thin skinned.  

You are either a troll or took the extra small bus to school. Objective means based on facts, not feelings, or opinion.

He has experience working as an offensive coordinator in college, and he was the passing game coordinator under Kyle Shanahan. By objective measures, he is a qualified to be an offensive coordinator, and arguing this fact doesn't reflect well on you. 

image.png.e9f8694c8614130e864313e9c9eaa63a.png

11 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

You don't hire rookie GMs during a total rebuild.  You need experience.... Wake up

Curious, who would you have hired that was available over JD?

I'm not saying he is doing a good or bad job, I am curious who you would have hired in his place.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

The fact is that the Johnsons are too cheap to hire experienced GMs. Our last 3 were all rookies.  During a rebuild you need to have experience and not roll the dice with rookies.  Their poor choices and decisions have set this franchise back years and years.  You must be living in your fantasy Jetland, wake up And smell the coffee. 

They gave Douglas a six year contract worth $24 million. Who was available and how much do you expect to pay for a GM? 

33 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I have no issue with either of you.  Where having a friendly discussion about the NY Jets.  I'm sure if we were watching a game together I would offer you a beer.

You are a great and valued poster on this site. As you said, opinions are just that, owned by the originator, and neither right now wrong. I. only take issue when someone digs their heels in and will not listen to reason. You are not that. I have no idea what JD is or will be.

Hope that beer happens some day.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

An experienced GM that knows what he is doing gets over 7 million a year. 3 million compared to 7 million is being cheap. 

The average GM makes between $1 million and $3 million a year. JD is being paid the high end of the average. By definition, that is not cheap. Who was this $7 million a year GM that was not already the GM of another organization? Good GMs don't stay unemployed. 

• Thumb Down 1

15 hours ago, doitny said:

we really need a game to talk about. this bye week is torturous. 

This is the calm before the storm.  Just wait until we're blown out by the Patriots and have an awful first half at home.  Against the Bengals.  On Halloween.

MetLife is going to implode.  We Want The Pumpkin II.

SAR I

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Are you saying that Jamal would have caught those two gimme INT's if he was in NJ?

I'm saying that when Jamal was a Jet he was a Pro Bowler, a team leader, and helped us overcome a brutal 1-7 open to an impressive 6-2 finish.  Those are all facts.  You can look them up, if you like.  Whatever we were doing with him and the team was working.  And then we got rid of him.  And then we got rid of Williams.  And then we got rid of Gase.  And now instead of being a team capable of getting 7 wins against weak teams, we are capable of getting 1 win against weak teams.

SAR I

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is the same bunch that flops onto the fainting couch when you tell them that Rex Ryan inherited a loaded roster that finished 9-7 and were Vegas favorites to go to the Super Bowl at one point the year prior.

giphy.gif

What's really funny is how they think they are right.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

MetLife is going to implode

People seem to be forgetting we played only 2 of our 9 home games.....

JD and the Jets got a pass last year from boo birds due to Covid. Its going to be loud in Metlife but if the team doesnt turn it around, it wont be cheers you hear. 

40 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Curious, who would you have hired that was available over JD?

I'm not saying he is doing a good or bad job, I am curious who you would have hired in his place.

Jerry Reese had two Super Bowl teams and lives in NJ...and is available.  

Can we stop with the narrative there aren't a ton of talented NFL executives that could step in.....

• Sympathy 1

13 hours ago, doitny said:

there the President and Vice President of the " Fire JD Club" 

i hear they are paying for the planes and billboards all by themselves. like it work out so well to get Gase fired.

When we are sitting at 3-30 and you're having a rotten New Year's Eve, you are going to say how right we were and beg for admittance into the club.  And we are going to say 'no'. 

You're the same geniuses who wanted Mark Sanchez gone and said it would be soooo easy to replace him and that Rex Ryan was going to make us paaaaay on the Bills and said all these Joe Douglas premium draft picks were going to lead us to glory.

You.  Know.  Nothing.  Jets Illuminati.  Know.  Nothing.  You haven't been right about anything.  But you act like you have.  It's hysterical.

SAR I

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

When Woody wants basement bargain gm's this is what you get.

You get what you pay for. 

The problem isn't ownership's money, the problem is the Jets are NFL GM career suicide, no one wants to come here.

We need to keep our GM's on a tight 2 year leash and move on if they have a bad hit rate.  Our problem is that we want to "groom" a GM from scratch and that's not necessary.  Someone like Joe Douglas has been working in FO's for 20 years and he can't pick players.  Nothing is going to change that.  So we need to try someone else now.

SAR I

8 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Obviously nobody can PROVE that they can draft as well as GM's but picking at the top of the 1st round is easy.

This.  Are we really going to give some credit to Joe Douglas for taking players that every GM in the league has rated as first round talent?  Give me a pad and a pencil, I'd do the same thing.  "Oh, I have the second pick in the draft and I can take the second-best QB prospect?"  Yeah, rocket science.

If anything, Douglas is guilty of overthinking it.  Going for the boom or bust players time and again.  Becton and Wilson, the perfect examples.  Either going to the Hall of Fame or Kevin Allen and Ryan Leaf 2.0.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Sometimes new coaches need to learn on the job.

Grooming a rookie head coach into one of the greats has been a bigger failure for this franchise than trying to find a franchise quarterback.

We have NEVER done it.  But yet we keep trying it.  Again and again and again.

We don't need Bill Parcells.  We need Tom Coughlin.  An experienced head coach who had some success and was eventually let go by someone else.  Adam Gase shouldn't have scared us back into rookie defensive coordinator bullsh*t again.  This team needs veteran leadership more than ever.  And we've got children leading children and its not working.  Shocker.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

8 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Until then, even a semi-intelligent fan understands they deserve a chance to demonstrate that improvement.  

We are rebuilding incorrectly.

The Jets Illuminati should have realized that Adam Gase went 7-9 with a young, beat up, incomplete roster and was actually the right guy for the rebuild.  Should have kept him.  He proved that he could get 100% out of rookies and third stringers and win against a weak schedule.  We'd be 3-2 at worst if he and Darnold were still here.  Mims and Carter and Carter and Moore and Vera-Tucker would be feeling a lot more confident and accomplished right now if they weren't dealing with a kindergarten coaching staff and preschool quarterback.

No different than my rebuilding Rangers and David Quinn.  Not a great head coach, but someone that the young players could learn from and develop under.  And once the core of the team was built, boom, goodbye, and in comes a great head coach and some strong veterans who immediately have a noticeable impact and winning ways.

SAR I

8 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

But once you determine the current GM sucks you make a change and give the new guy a chance.  I'm old enough that I'm coming around to SAR's philosophy. I don't have many 5 year rebuilds left. 

Same here.  Not because of age, but because they're losing me.  I've been up, down, trying to get the feeling again.  And I can't.  I think this time it's gone forever.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

We are rebuilding incorrectly.

The Jets Illuminati should have realized that Adam Gase went 7-9 with a young, beat up, incomplete roster and was actually the right guy for the rebuild.  Should have kept him.  He proved that he could get 100% out of rookies and third stringers and win against a weak schedule.  We'd be 3-2 at worst if he and Darnold were still here.  Mims and Carter and Carter and Moore and Vera-Tucker would be feeling a lot more confident and accomplished right now if they weren't dealing with a kindergarten coaching staff and preschool quarterback.

No different than my rebuilding Rangers and David Quinn.  Not a great head coach, but someone that the young players could learn from and develop under.  And once the core of the team was built, boom, goodbye, and in comes a great head coach and some strong veterans who immediately have a noticeable impact and winning ways.

SAR I

What % of your day is dedicated to repeating this crap?

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

You really say some stupid things. We are talking about the talent. Not the coaching bringing out the talent.

No, if we are talking about '97 Parcells we are most definitely talking about the coach bringing out the talent.  If the core of the '96 Kotite Jets were soooooo talented, they wouldn't have gone 1-15.

If the core of the '97 Parcells Jets suddenly started playing like rock stars and went 9-7, its because of coaching, plain and simple.

The '93 Rangers didn't make the playoffs and were an utter collapse under Roger Neilson.  In comes Mike Keenan, Presidents Trophy, Stanley Cup Champions.  In one season.  In 10 months.

Robert Saleh, Genius, decided he could go into an NFL season without a starting RB and without a veteran QB.  The same guy who plasters his "take no prisoners" slogan all over the stadium walls and then talks about "just get better" as he loses game after game to the worst teams in the league.  The guy whose idea of player development is to bench Denzel Mims and shame him in public.  The guy whose way of fixing the offense is to let his rookie quarterback disregard the system and chuck 50/50 balls on Bill Belichick.

Jets Illuminati Mode in full effect today.  You guys really need to look in the mirror before calling out other posters and saying their takes are 'stupid'.  You geniuses wrote the book on stupid.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets Illuminati Mode in full effect today.  You guys really need to look in the mirror before calling out other posters and saying their takes are 'stupid'.  You geniuses wrote the book on stupid.

SAR I

SAR please meet a mirror. This thread is about Joe Douglas. Not coaching. You have totally moved your own trolling goal line. If a take is stupid, I call it as such. Stupid is as stupid does.

• Post of the Week 1