***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas will not cave.  In the long run, this will benefit this franchise tremendously.  In the short run, we might not see zach for a week or 2.

As usually, Douglas is thinking long term while this board is thinking short term.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

What is the long term upside to not having your rookie, starting QB in camp?

is it just that you won't have to give your next #2 overall QB upfront money? Not sure that outweighs him not being here.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What is the long term upside to not having your rookie, starting QB in camp?

is it just that you won't have to give your next #2 overall QB upfront money? Not sure that outweighs him not being here.

The Jets front office has been pushed around by every agent for 20 years.  Joe Douglas is setting the standard that this will happen anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

And that's fine with the Jameson Crowder's and Quincy Enunwa's of the world, have at it.

But Zach Wilson in July is not the player or the time to play that kind of hardball.  You have to treat your kid quarterback with kid gloves when he's playing in a city he doesn't want to be in for a team that is a league joke. 

Zach has been a pleasure from the draft through the minicamps and OTA's, a real team guy, saying all the right things.  He doesn't deserve this, and its sending a signal that we need bust insurance.  That's not the thought that should be flowing through your QB's mind when confidence is his biggest advantage.

SAR I

No one cares about crowder or enunwa. You have to take this stand with a high profile guy so everyone takes notice.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Or....

You make the exception for the franchise quarterback and hold everyone else to a different standard.  That's why FQB's make the big bucks, that's why FQB's are drafted so high.  FQB's take the body blows from the media, FQB's take the brunt of the criticism, they aren't common players.  It's not going to piss Elijah Moore off if Zach Wilson gets special contract treatment because he knows what we know-  all franchise quarterbacks get special treatment.

SAR I

In the end, Joe D will win and zach will be a few days late to camp.

There will be 0 negative effect on wilson and a huge positive for the Jets to put the nail in the coffin of us being thought of as pushovers.

Thank you Joe Douglas!  Thank you!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There will be 0 negative effect on wilson and a huge positive for the Jets to put the nail in the coffin of us being thought of as pushovers.

Serious question.  At what point would there be a negative effect on Wilson? 3 days? 2 weeks? 2 months?

I ask that seriously, I'm not sure what that number is. I guess, I agree a couple of days is no biggie - a couple of weeks and it's pretty serious....

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So Robert Saleh is a liar when he says that all reps are precious?

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Serious question.  At what point would there be a negative effect on Wilson? 3 days? 2 weeks? 2 months?

I ask that seriously, I'm not sure what that number is. I guess, I agree a couple of days is no biggie - a couple of weeks and it's pretty serious....

If hes not the starter for the green and white scrimmage id start to get concerned.

15 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If hes not the starter for the green and white scrimmage id start to get concerned.

That game is a week from Sat. 

What you're saying basically is if this goes longer than a week than there's reason for concern.  I think that's fair.

• Sympathy 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Remember when Zach Wilson missing the Green & White Scrimmage was our biggest concern?

SAR I

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

The good old days. 

Whether it be Becton,Mims or Wilson. 

Some NY Jets fans just need something to complain  about they aren't happy unless they are. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Whether it be Becton,Mims or Wilson. 

Some NY Jets fans just need something to complain  about they aren't happy unless they are. 

That’s not me. I’m really really happy all the time.  I’m legitimately worried. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

With all the reports of Fields lighting it up in Bears camp

and Wilson struggling...

JD is kinda quiet these days....

If Fields turns out to be a star?  My son and I will walk off a cliff together.   Both of us could not understand how he dropped so precipitously.   Really wanted him on the Jets, maybe even more than Lawrence.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

If Fields turns out to be a star?  My son and I will walk off a cliff together.   Both of us could not understand how he dropped so precipitously.   Really wanted him on the Jets, maybe even more than Lawrence.

I was a Fields guy as well but JD was ALL IN on Zach from day one....so yea if Fields becomes a star....that be so Jetsy...like the ultimate punch in the gut

• Upvote 2

why is anyone is even answering this kevin guy , he hates the regime and the QB , every day he make comments and bring up reports about how bad is the GM , coach and QB

he is still in love with Mike Maccagnan , Adam Gase and Sam darnold and want this team to be bad so he can wave the i told you so flag.

him and Sar have a fetish for Adam Gase , the need to get it checked by a professional 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

why is anyone is even answering this kevin guy , he hates the regime and the QB , every day he make comments and bring up reports about how bad is the GM , coach and QB

he is still in love with Mike Maccagnan , Adam Gase and Sam darnold and want this team to be bad so he can wave the i told you so flag.

him and Sar have a fetish for Adam Gase , the need to get it checked by a professional 

a) I bought family members Wilson jerseys so where did i say i hate wilson? Like 50 percent of this board he wasnt my first pic pre draft

b) I was on the fire Gase bandwagon for a while. Get a clue

c) I want to sack Darnold like 7 times on Opening Day. Im a Jets fan

d) Yes, im a critic of JD. I dont think he has done anything special as GM. When we get our first winning season under the belt I will be happy to be quiet. 

There is a distinction between being a critic of what JD does and rooting for the team. No im not a blind JD homer if thats what you are alluding to. Happy to give him credit when its due like I have on drafting Moore and the Saleh hire. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, kevinc855 said:

d) Yes, im a critic of JD. I dont think he has done anything special as GM. When we get our first winning season under the belt I will be happy to be quiet. 

I am  not going to give you his resume, but it takes 2 seconds to realize the Jamal Adams trade was beyond special. But when you have SOJF agenda the facts never seem to get in the way of your irrational whining. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I am  not going to give you his resume, but it takes 2 seconds to realize the Jamal Adams trade was beyond special. But when you have SOJF agenda the facts never seem to get in the way of your irrational whining. 

So his 2 and a half years here hes golden because he got 2 firsts for Jamal Adams....okkk

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

So his 2 and a half years here hes golden because he got 2 firsts for Jamal Adams....okkk

It's pretty amazing that you don't even remember the post you made 5 minutes ago where you said "I dont think he has done anything special as GM". My response included an example of something special he did as a GM. There are others, but I was just proving you wrong in a pretty clear and concise way. 

44 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It's pretty amazing that you don't even remember the post you made 5 minutes ago where you said "I dont think he has done anything special as GM". My response included an example of something special he did as a GM. There are others, but I was just proving you wrong in a pretty clear and concise way. 

Anything special as a total in his tenure

• WTF? 1

44 minutes ago, RVAJet815 said:

I'm sorry. I don't care in the least if Fields is successful. I wish the kid well but whatever. JD will be tied to Zach, period. If Zach succeeds, we can turn around and laugh at chicken Littles ITT. 

Zach has clearly shown that he is not the guy. A few practices and a scrimmage is all you need to know about the kid.  A guy like Justin Fields would have been perfect for us because he had some good practices with the Bears. 

• Haha 1