***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

Did I say the Jets were supposed to be in a long rebuild?

You keep saying that JD had 3 free agency. Well Free Agency starts in March where all the good players get signed hence the term “Free Agency Frenzy”. Joe was hired two months after that in May where there was a dearth of talent left.

If I asked a 1st grader, who passed calendar, how many months separate mid-March and mid-May? The 1st grader would say 2 months. That 1st grader would also say that there is bupkis left in Free Agency because all the good players were had in the 1st 72 hours of free agency.

Mike Maccagnan signed the two most coveted free agents in the 2019 class!  That's what Douglas inherited!  And then he went and screwed up the K position, signed a bum center, and traded an All Pro to the New York Giants.

No calendar needed.  Douglas was given a huge head start on someone else's dime and blew it.  He blew it in 2019, he blew it in 2020.  And we sit here praying he got it right in 2021.  The odds are against us.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Every knowledgeable expert and football fan: Joe Douglas is one of the best up and coming gms in the league and is doing this rebuild the right way.

A few Jets fans who need to be heard so they take the opposite, ridiculous stance: Joe Douglas sucks.

Too funny.

No one is saying Joe Douglas sucks.  We are saying that some are giving him a free pass and are ignoring the troubling signs that say he's no good.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

If the end result of the 2020 draft is that at least 1 of the 9 players drafted becomes a consistent 1st or 2nd team AllPro or (watered down-popularity/consensus) multiple ProBowl invitee over a 10 year career playing for the Jets, then that would validate the draft alone, no?

P Braden Mann will be that player from the 2020 draft. Anything in addition from the rest of the lot would be gravy. 
My 2¥

• WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Mike Maccagnan signed the two most coveted free agents in the 2019 class!  That's what Douglas inherited!  And then he went and screwed up the K position, signed a bum center, and traded an All Pro to the New York Giants.

No calendar needed.  Douglas was given a huge head start on someone else's dime and blew it.  He blew it in 2019, he blew it in 2020.  And we sit here praying he got it right in 2021.  The odds are against us.  

SAR I

again you just dont get it. JD is under no obligation to keep any FA, draft picks or any player he got. JD is making the team the way he believes is right. it is different from Mac. there is no head start.

oh and dont forget the All Pro we sent to seattle. both of them were never getting resigned. you dont sign big contracts when your starting a rebuild. and Leo wasnt a All Pro while he was here.

all summer long i kept hearing how Saleh defense scheme calls for certain type of players. JD has his certain type of player he wants too. none of them have to be Macs guys.

i had a leaky roof. i kept trying to fix it but the guys who did it 20 years ago didn't nail the shingles right. so i kept having to patch up the roof and kept getting leaks. finally i called a company who said they would only do a rip off the old roof and put a new one on. so i had to make a decision. start over with a new roof, or find someone to continue with my repairs. i chose i new roof. Woody chose a start from scratch.

i believe JD knew when he got here Sam was no good. thats why he didnt give him any real help. so he could draft high and get HIS type of QB. same with Gase. got rid of 2 birds with one stone. 

he was able to see that Magical 7 win season was fake. was against the 2nd easiest schedule. 

42 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No one is saying Joe Douglas sucks.  We are saying that some are giving him a free pass and are ignoring the troubling signs that say he's no good.

SAR I

im not giving him a free pass, i see the signs though it is early yet on that draft class.

i just disagree with you on the start of the rebuild.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You may want to rethink your assessment of Ashtyn Davis.

Or the idea that Mims will always be second string behind Crowder, a high priced FA another FA and a higher thought after DRAFT PICK from JD.  

You get a A+ starter with Becton, one at S in Davis and Mims, a starting CB, a rotational RB and a P and you shlt on the draft?  WTF is the matter with people.  Find me all those Macc drafts that compare

The clown act is getting annoying 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

And the Saints were in it every year.

Not everyone buys Super Bowls like Robert Kraft.

And let’s not forget how they got jobbed by the refs two years in a row costing them playoff wins en route to what possibly could have been more titles 

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Some nobody in some front office somewhere who isn't qualified and will be all that we can get in 2023.  

That's how it goes for us.  We are Blind Squirrels.  The sooner we move on to the next one, the sooner we may find that nut.  We don't have the time to waste, remember?  We screamed for Gase's head after 4 measly games.  We're not giving his self-appointed yes man 4 f----ing years.

SAR I

Doesn’t seem that you have an answer so bitching and complaining does not help. I was hoping for a well thought out response from someone with your acumen. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

jdsuggs.jpg

Might as well.  The results couldn't be worse.

SAR I

but hey u need to wait 3-4 years to see how his draft was.... Mims will not their wr 1 2 or 3 and he might not even be their 4 or 5

basically the draft will prove that Joe got one guy in Becton who has potential but has not lived up to expectations

You are what  your record says you are-Joes first draft was terrible-his free agent signings last year were terrible-this off season he passed on biggger name free agents for one year deals again

I hope Joe nailed this most recent draft-if Wilson proves to be a franchise QB and some of the other guys are productive Joe will get a pass and one can just say he is learning his job which is fine-if this most recent draft does not pan out then Joe is like those before him. It is odd as our past two gms were terrible and the very same folks giving joe blind love blindly defended building a team by drafting two guys in the secondary back to back at high picks because izadick worked for the hawks but was their numbers guy

In any real job you are judged by actual results not hope ... If Joe 's team wins (I hope it does) then give him all of the credit in the world and lets hope that is the case-if the team bombs out again then Joe deserves the blame

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

This year's schedule is easier.  And, apparently, Joe Douglas is God.  Therefore we are entitled to 8 wins.

SAR I

Congrats on establishing a new angle for being annoying (and funny, admittedly) for the season ahead. You wore the old one out. Gase closed! 

14 minutes ago, kmnj said:

but hey u need to wait 3-4 years to see how his draft was.... Mims will not their wr 1 2 or 3 and he might not even be their 4 or 5

basically the draft will prove that Joe got one guy in Becton who has potential but has not lived up to expectations

You are what  your record says you are-Joes first draft was terrible-his free agent signings last year were terrible-this off season he passed on biggger name free agents for one year deals again

I hope Joe nailed this most recent draft-if Wilson proves to be a franchise QB and some of the other guys are productive Joe will get a pass and one can just say he is learning his job which is fine-if this most recent draft does not pan out then Joe is like those before him. It is odd as our past two gms were terrible and the very same folks giving joe blind love blindly defended building a team by drafting two guys in the secondary back to back at high picks because izadick worked for the hawks but was their numbers guy

In any real job you are judged by actual results not hope ... If Joe 's team wins (I hope it does) then give him all of the credit in the world and lets hope that is the case-if the team bombs out again then Joe deserves the blame

so all draft picks must show greatness in year 1 and have no time to develop? so the Bills should of traded/released Josh Allen because he sucked year 1

10 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

And the Saints were in it every year.

Not everyone buys Super Bowls like Robert Kraft.

But that's the point.

Turns out there are two ways to win a Super Bowl:

"The Right Way" a-la the Saints.

"The Quick Way" a-la the Eagles.

Which is better?  If you're a Saints fan, you had 14 years of frustrating misery because your team was always a favorite and always choked miserably in the playoffs.  If you're an Eagles fan, you had 14 years of misery because your team barely made the playoffs, had a carousel of HC's and QB's, you watched the Giants have two parades, and then out of nowhere, boom, you won it all.

And, as you are aware, the Jets almost pulled it off The Quick Way, 4x.  1982, 1998, 2009, 2010.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, jbt said:

so all draft picks must show greatness in year 1 and have no time to develop? so the Bills should of traded/released Josh Allen because he sucked year 1

allen did not suck year one and allen actually was on the team-the following year

one by one joes draft picks are not even in the roster- do we need to wait for them to develop? Ironic that Joe determined some of the players after one year  are not worthy of roster spots-should he have not waited for them to develop?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

But that's the point.

Turns out there are two ways to win a Super Bowl:

"The Right Way" a-la the Saints.

"The Quick Way" a-la the Eagles.

Which is better?  If you're a Saints fan, you had 14 years of frustrating misery because your team was always a favorite and always choked miserably in the playoffs.  If you're an Eagles fan, you had 14 years of misery because your team barely made the playoffs, had a carousel of HC's and QB's, you watched the Giants have two parades, and then out of nowhere, boom, you won it all.

And, as you are aware, the Jets almost pulled it off The Quick Way, 4x.  1982, 1998, 2009, 2010.

SORE I

3469B10E-7D8E-4B80-BAB9-42EDD495E678.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Please rename this thread ... Bunched Panties Cause Immature Fans To Have Tantrum ... asap.

new-york-jets-gm-john-idzik-press-confer

Not a tantrum.  Some of us have legitimate concerns.  Because if Joe Douglas looked like this guy this would be the most popular thread on JN and the t-shirt guys would already have a logo and merch for sale.  JD looks like your Long Island fantasy football bestie coming over with a case of beer, not some Ivy League elitist country club d-bag.  So you like him.  He's likable.

We like Joe Douglas but his draft and FA record is remarkably Idzik-like to date.  We're rooting for him, hell I'll force one of my sons to name my first grandchild after him, but things look rather bad right now if you look at 2020 as an indication.  The Next Great NFL GM wouldn't have sh-t the bed in his first draft and FA like this.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, kmnj said:

allen did not suck year one and allen actually was on the team-the following year

one by one joes draft picks are not even in the roster- do we need to wait for them to develop? Ironic that Joe determined some of the players after one year  are not worthy of roster spots-should he have not waited for them to develop?

sorry my bad must of missed the news that Becton, Mims, Davis, Hall, Perine and Mann were cut. 

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You seem like a nice guy however if you think Bell and CJ were great signings because the media believed they were, then you don't have the basic understanding of how to build a football team. Mac signed a RB with one of the worst run blocking offensive lines in football. Brilliant!

The Jets need an Edge rusher, so instead of getting one Mac felt, let's get a FA for the least important position on defense and over pay him to boot. Brilliant!

The OL is slowly coming together, JD went after, imo, the best Offensive Lineman in the draft. He already drafted a mammoth of a LT last year and filled out the rest of the line in Free Agency. They need time to gel, but by year's end it should be a good unit. Doesn't mean the unit can be improved upon in the future through the draft or other signings, but for 2021 they need continuity.

Joe signed an edge rusher, a pretty good one at that, unfortunately he blew out his achilles. It happens.

This team is headed in the right direction for a change. I'm sorry that you can't see that.

1 hour ago, Claymation said:

You may want to rethink your assessment of Ashtyn Davis.

Joe Douglas has a fetish for injury-prone guys.  It's like his strategy is "shh, don't tell anyone, I'm smarter than the league because I'm going to find value in guys who are always hurt and bank on the fact that they won't get hurt on my team".

Ashtyn Davis had a bad groin in Cal, Carl Lawson had bad legs in Cincinnati, Corey Davis ligaments in Tennessee, it goes on and on.

SAR I

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, jbt said:

sorry my bad must of missed the news that Becton, Mims, Davis, Hall, Perine and Mann were cut. 

care to address the ones that were cut-why did joe cut guys after one year? dont we need to wait a few years for them to develop isnt that the argument?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kmnj said:

Allen had a 52.8% completion, 10tds, 12 INTS  and just over 2000 yds (67.9 rating). So if Zach does that you wont complain about how Joe made a bad draft pick?

2 minutes ago, kmnj said:

care to address the ones that were cut-why did joe cut guys after one year? dont we need to wait a few years for them to develop isnt that the argument?

he made some mistakes like all GMs do and recognized that which I think is a plus.  He aint perfect but it is too early to write him off.  he now has his QB and coach so the next 2-3 years will show if he made the right moves

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas has a fetish for injury-prone guys.  It's like his strategy is "shh, don't tell anyone, I'm smarter than the league because I'm going to find value in guys who are always hurt and bank on the fact that they won't get hurt on my team".

Ashtyn Davis had a bad groin in Cal, Carl Lawson had bad legs in Cincinnati, Corey Davis ligaments in Tennessee, it goes on and on.

SAR I

Injuries happen, it's part of the game. Guys like Jim Marshall are an anomaly, not the norm.

Doesn't take away that Davis has talent.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jbt said:

Allen had a 52.8% completion, 10tds, 12 INTS  and just over 2000 yds (67.9 rating). So if Zach does that you wont complain about how Joe made a bad draft pick?

if wilson competes and plays like allen did year one I would be happy

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jbt said:

he made some mistakes like all GMs do and recognized that which I think is a plus.  He aint perfect but it is too early to write him off.  he now has his QB and coach so the next 2-3 years will show if he made the right moves

how did Joe know they were mistakes?  I mean he needs to wait 2-3 years-either you need to wait 2-3 years to judge a player or you dont

7 minutes ago, Claymation said:

You seem like a nice guy however if you think Bell and CJ were great signings because the media believed they were, then you don't have the basic understanding of how to build a football team.

Listen, we can see now that Bell was finished and CJ was going to be injured and opt-out, but put yourself back in March 2019 it was the LeVeon Bell Sweepstakes and Ravens Mosely was the stud defensive player on the market and we got them both.  Douglas inherited what we thought at the time were two game-changers, hell CJ certainly looked the part, and then Douglas was given an unprecedented 10 months to prepare for his first draft where typical GM's get 2 months.

11 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Joe signed an edge rusher, a pretty good one at that, unfortunately he blew out his achilles. It happens.

Oh, "it happens" alright.  It happens when your GM thinks he's smarter than the entire league and keeps signing/drafting guys who are always injured.  Look it up, Lawson isn't the first.  JD is a used car dealer.  He's going to take that broken down 2015 Mercedes and get it some bodywork, going to bolt on some fenders, going to glue on some badges, and try to pass it off as brand new.  Time and time again, his jalopy strategy blows up and the soft tissue history these guys come to Florham Park with, surprise, show up again and sabotage an entire season.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, jbt said:

I love when allen haters ignore his 8 rushing tds his first year and over 600 yards rushing

• Upvote 1