***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Banners and planes when?

I can't even.

When you think about all the years of sucking and then all the months of anticipation of getting a Top 5 draft pick, a guy who can't miss, and time and time again they miss, it's just too much.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I can't even.

When you think about all the years of sucking and then all the months of anticipation of getting a Top 5 draft pick, a guy who can't miss, and time and time again they miss, it's just too much.

SAR I

Not even worth the investment in a plane banner. 

Much less, a PSL.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, freestater said:

How many more years does JD get to puttogether an o-line? Will Zach be on his third team? Or fourth?

"He needs 5 years and 5 first round draft picks on the line before we can even begin to truly think about assessing Joe Douglas. This is a 17 year rebuild. You guys doom posting are obnoxious. Joe Douglas has a plan you guys just dint have the stomach or patience for it. Trust in Joe. We finally have a real GM. " - Insert Jetnation poster

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, freestater said:

How many more years does JD get to puttogether an o-line? Will Zach be on his third team? Or fourth?

Yup.

He seems committed to it...but what it comes down to is Becton was a big miss.  It's tough on that 1st round LT but he missed here.

Hopefully he accepts it, moves on and takes another LT early next year.  It sucks, but it's the right move.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I have patience for this rebuild. I will not have patience for another rebuild with another GM and HC. I'm not jumping off the JD bandwagon just yet, but I am no longer balls deep into JD. 

I’m not off any bandwagon. Just a general skeptic. I feel uneasy about the level we are willing to gamble with the roster. I feel more people are slowly growing skeptical 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m not off any bandwagon. Just a general skeptic. I feel uneasy about the level we are willing to gamble with the roster. I feel more people are slowly growing skeptical 

The OL play yesterday scared the crap out of me.  Wilson certainly appears to be more talented than Darnold, but it will be for nothing if we can't protect him. 

This is JD's offensive line.  Every player acquired by him in the last two offseasons.  They need to be a lot better and they need to get better fast.  I am not close to calling for JD's head, but I am incredibly disappointed by what I saw from the line yesterday.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Lith said:

The OL play yesterday scared the crap out of me.  Wilson certainly appears to be more talented than Darnold, but it will be for nothing if we can't protect him. 

This is JD's offensive line.  Every player acquired by him in the last two offseasons.  They need to be a lot better and they need to get better fast.  I am not close to calling for JD's head, but I am incredibly disappointed by what I saw from the line yesterday.

You know who else is disappointed?  Zack's body.  The kid must be one big black & blue. 

40 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I have patience for this rebuild. I will not have patience for another rebuild with another GM and HC. I'm not jumping off the JD bandwagon just yet, but I am no longer balls deep into JD. 

More like teasing with the tip ?

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

- Carl Lawson out for season

- Vinny Curry out for season

- LaMarcus Joyner out for season

- Jarrad Davis out long-term

- Ashtyn Davis out long-term 

- Blake Cashman out long-term

- Mekhi Becton out long-term

- Braden Mann out long-term

Make a list of every player that Joe Douglas has drafted or signed.

Let me know when you find a single one that would have started for the 2010 Jets. 

Think about how hard that is to do.  To whiff that badly.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

To be fair Adams wanted out and was a huge pain in the ass 

Adams wanting out coincided with Douglas becoming GM and lying to him. 

And now looks like crowder is getting a similar treatment due to the crime of  being one of our best players the last couple years.

He didnt re-sign robbie, instead he signed perriman. Got rid of Leonard Williams who had his best season in the league last year. 

Now Darnold looks better without this team.

• Upvote 1