***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

3 minutes ago, Barton said:

He should have done ALOT more in free agency/trades to support his young QB. Signing a #2 receiver wasnt enough, bud. 

He needs to look at the trade market right now. 

I’m too lazy to look it up again

but this years cap number Is NOT great. I think 4 mil left?  Next year fine. But he spent most of the cap and we are not even a college team. 

how is that possible?

I've been a JD supporter but 2-14 last year and 3 games this year has been brutal to watch. I would be ok with a 4 or 5 win season if I knew this team was making progress and were somewhat competitive. These last 2 games have been an embarrassment to say the least. An NFL team just has to score more than 6 points in 2 games in todays NFL. I'm getting tired of watching this crap. This fan base deserves better. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Huh?  You are predicting that Joe Douglas is getting fired in the next few weeks?

If this continues, someone is going to have to take the fall.  And it's going to be the person who traded away what little talent we had, collected draft capital, and blew it all and got us into this mess.

Imagine the Jets being the laughing stock of the league, the worst roster in the league, setting the NFL record for fewest points scored in a season.  Because by week 7, if we are getting killed by the Bengals at home on Halloween, the fanbase is going to go wild, MetLife may not survive the afternoon, it's going to make we want the pumpkin look like childsplay.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Where are the planes, banners and billboards?  What are we waiting for?

aRe YoU CrAzY rEbUiLdS TaKe 20 yEaRs aNd JOe DoUglAs CoMeS fRoM ThAT EaGLeS, RaVEnS pEdiGree ?

Seriously, Joe Douglas has been nothing but a fat lying SOB from the day he took this job and “Promised Darnolds Parents” ?

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If this continues, someone is going to have to take the fall.  And it's going to be the person who traded away what little talent we had, collected draft capital, and blew it all and got us into this mess.

Imagine the Jets being the laughing stock of the league, the worst roster in the league, setting the NFL record for fewest points scored in a season.  Because by week 7, if we are getting killed by the Bengals at home on Halloween, the fanbase is going to go wild, MetLife may not survive the afternoon, it's going to make we want the pumpkin look like childsplay.

SAR I

I dont know about that but I do know if Mimsy isnt active Sunday, fans will storm the field pre-game and remove Saleh from the field.

Just now, oatmeal said:

aRe YoU CrAzY rEbUiLdS TaKe 20 yEaRs aNd JOe DoUglAs CoMeS fRoM ThAT EaGLeS, RaVEnS pEdiGree ?

Seriously, Joe Douglas has been nothing but a fat lying SOB from the day he took this job and “Promised Darnolds Parents” ?

I'm starting to believe he is doing real damage to the franchise and the sooner we move on the better. His name seems like its dirt among the league already. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

That’s the most sad part, it legit makes me cringe when I think of this 

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'm starting to believe he is doing real damage to the franchise and the sooner we move on the better. His name seems like its dirt among the league already. 

Agreed I can’t remember a time that a nfl GM selects players and the next year the ENTIRE draft class is all literally MIA. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Amen.  He's got to go.  Quickly, before he does additional damage.  Only Joe Douglas could inherit Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye and lose them both.  No way Maye comes back here after the way Douglas treated him.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Amen.  He's got to go.  Quickly, before he does additional damage.  Only Joe Douglas could inherit Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye and lose them both.  No way Maye comes back here after the way Douglas treated him.

SAR I

And he likely increased that beloved “Jet Tax” quite substantially and he can’t draft so he will need to crutch free agency to save his job. 

smfh

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

That’s the most sad part, it legit makes me cringe when I think of this 

Leonard Williams
Jamal Adams
Kelechi Osemele
Robbie Anderson
Steve McLendon
Avery Williamson
Kelvin Beachum
Sam Darnold

Listen, I get the fact that not all of these guys were great and some were not worth their contracts, but can you name 3 players on the current roster better than anyone on this list when they were here on Douglas's watch?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

And he likely increased that beloved “Jet Tax” quite substantially and he can’t draft so he will need to crutch free agency to save his job.  smfh

That's the thing.  We can't let him go free agent crazy.  That's the ticket to mediocrity.

The strategy is good-  build the lines, build homegrown talent, get young-  it's that the person picking the players is bad.  Keep the coaching staff, keep the players, get someone in here to can actually hit on 60-70% of his draft picks and FA acquisitions and move on.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Leonard Williams
Jamal Adams
Kelechi Osemele
Robbie Anderson
Steve McLendon
Avery Williamson
Kelvin Beachum
Sam Darnold

Listen, I get the fact that not all of these guys were great and some were not worth their contracts, but can you name 3 players on the current roster better than anyone on this list when they were here on Douglas's watch?

SAR I

Sad to say but you’re 1000% correct.

Ol’ Boy butchered our roster on some ego BS just to replace our dudes with JAGs and backup level players. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The best thing he ever did is get 2 first's for Adams. Who are you kidding? 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The best thing he ever did is get 2 first's for Adams. Who are you kidding? 

There is no point in acquiring premium draft picks if one cannot pick winners in the draft.

Joe Douglas is terrible and player evaluation.  All the other stuff he does like negotiations, trades, cap management, it means nothing if the players he brings in here are no good.  And they're no good.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Those picks only matter if the picks become studs, remember for all his faults Jamal was a all-pro player here 

He is overrated and a safety getting paid close to 20 mil per year. Seattle can have him and I'm sure they regret making that trade. The Seattle pick this year was used to pick AVT. A very solid pick. Seattle was fleeced in that trade. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There is no point in acquiring premium draft picks if one cannot pick winners in the draft.

Joe Douglas is terrible and player evaluation.  All the other stuff he does like negotiations, trades, cap management, it means nothing if the players he brings in here are no good.  And they're no good.

SAR I

AVT is a good pick and we probably get another top 15-20 pick this year from them. Thanks Seattle. 

19 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Please God, no.  Don't let Joe Douglas near a telephone.  

He'll be gone in a few weeks.  Don't let him make it worse (like that's even a possibility).

SAR I

if you fire JD before the end of 2022 it just might be worst.

if you fire him in weeks then you gave his 2 drafts a year and a half. nobody is coming here. your going to get another Idzik or maybe Woody will be GM.

there is still plenty of time to turn this around and get the 5 wins everyone expects them to. Except you.

im sure you remember that magical 7-9 season you always bring up. the one where we started 0-4 then 1-7 until we turned it around to 6-2 at the end.

and there were some bad losses then too. 33-0 loss vs NE. 23-3 loss to the Browns. and a 31-6 loss against the Eagles. only difference is they didn't happen back to back to back.

and you say JD is the worst guy at drafting and FAs right? but you also say this team has more talent then the 7-9 team. 

both cant be true. 

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Leonard Williams
Jamal Adams
Kelechi Osemele
Robbie Anderson
Steve McLendon
Avery Williamson
Kelvin Beachum
Sam Darnold

SAR I

Leonard Williams - Just signed a 3 year 63 million dollar contract and has been nearly invisible this year. he will make Wilkerson's contract look good. 

Jamal Adams - overrated safety who can't cover and just signed 4 year 70 million dollar contract. Seattle management and fans would love to turn back the clock on this trade. 

Osemele - played 5 games with the Chiefs in 2020 before injuring both knees and hasn't played since. 

Robbie Anderson - Only player I could see us signing last year as he had a good year. This year his numbers are way down with 5 catches for 103 yards in 3 games and is making 15 mil. 

Steve Mclendon - he has done basically nothing for Tampa with few tackles and zero sacks. 

Avery Williamson - Played a few games with Pitt in 2020 and recorded 1 sack and is not playing football in 2021. 

Kelvin Beachum - Middling OT with Arizona. Nothing special. We have plenty of those. 

Sam Darnold - was horrible for the Jets. We all know this. he would have been horrible this year as well. It was time to move on and not pay him the 25 mil that he was due. 

This list isn't exactly a HOF list and actually shows that JD made the right decision in nearly every case. Well done. 

• Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, doitny said:

if you fire JD before the end of 2022 it just might be worst.

if you fire him in weeks then you gave his 2 drafts a year and a half. nobody is coming here. your going to get another Idzik or maybe Woody will be GM.

there is still plenty of time to turn this around and get the 5 wins everyone expects them to. Except you.

im sure you remember that magical 7-9 season you always bring up. the one where we started 0-4 then 1-7 until we turned it around to 6-2 at the end.

and there were some bad losses then too. 33-0 loss vs NE. 23-3 loss to the Browns. and a 31-6 loss against the Eagles. only difference is they didn't happen back to back to back.

and you say JD is the worst guy at drafting and FAs right? but you also say this team has more talent then the 7-9 team. 

both cant be true. 

I think this is an overlooked point. The Jets basically can't fire JD after this year. They were already taking the 2nd tier candidates for GM and HC. If they fire him this offseason, 2nd tier candidates who are desperate enough they'll take any of the "only 32 NFL HC jobs in the world" will stay away or demand 6 year contracts for them and their entire staff. 

THis type of stuff is how you get the Idziks, MacCagnans, and Joe Ds. They have to ride it out at least another year after this one. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Leonard Williams - Just signed a 3 year 63 million dollar contract and has been nearly invisible this year. he will make Wilkerson's contract look good. 

Jamal Adams - overrated safety who can't cover and just signed 4 year 70 million dollar contract. Seattle management and fans would love to turn back the clock on this trade. 

Osemele - played 5 games with the Chiefs in 2020 before injuring both knees and hasn't played since. 

Robbie Anderson - Only player I could see us signing last year as he had a good year. This year his numbers are way down with 5 catches for 103 yards in 3 games and is making 15 mil. 

Steve Mclendon - he has done basically nothing for Tampa with few tackles and zero sacks. 

Avery Williamson - Played a few games with Pitt in 2020 and recorded 1 sack and is not playing football in 2021. 

Kelvin Beachum - Middling OT with Arizona. Nothing special. We have plenty of those. 

Sam Darnold - was horrible for the Jets. We all know this. he would have been horrible this year as well. It was time to move on and not pay him the 25 mil that he was due. 

This list isn't exactly a HOF list and actually shows that JD made the right decision in nearly every case. Well done. 

well said!

55 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think this is an overlooked point. The Jets basically can't fire JD after this year. They were already taking the 2nd tier candidates for GM and HC. If they fire him this offseason, 2nd tier candidates who are desperate enough they'll take any of the "only 32 NFL HC jobs in the world" will stay away or demand 6 year contracts for them and their entire staff. 

THis type of stuff is how you get the Idziks, MacCagnans, and Joe Ds. They have to ride it out at least another year after this one. 

and those desperate candidates might not even come here with a 6th year contract.

GMs and HCs only get one chance. only if they had success do they get another shot. 

so even if your desperate you had to really think about whether you take this job with a fan base that overreacts weekly and wants you fired and a owner who listens. 

3 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Now do the guys he signed.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

After drafting Wilson, our next picks were 23, 34, 66 and 86.  I like Vera Tucker and Moore, but we needed to come away with more offensive line talent than just AVT.

Pre-draft, Douglas didnt get involved in trying to sign Corey Linsley. He was happy to roll with McGovern and Van Roten as starters and that mis-calculation is costing us now.