***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's his entire philosophy, right?

He acts like he's smarter than the entire NFL and he's not. 

Like when he drafts falling players that other teams shockingly pass on.  Like when he gravitates to first and second rounders with unbelievably high ceilings but very risky low floors.  Like when he deliberately seeks free agents who have talent but a deep history of injuries.  Like when he bucks trends and chooses undersized, petite players at traditionally beefy positions.  Like when he takes a LT that's a meatball on toothpick legs.

This guy may look like a gentle and conservative man on TV, but in actual practice he is a high roller at a Vegas roulette table, betting the family mortgage on a single number.

SAR I

I think there’s a bias against the players taken in last year’s draft, particularly mims and Perine, with bechton running 3rd.  They won’t play mims or Perine, and are making bechton play in a finesse scheme when he should be ramming guys every play.  

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That's easy.  The answer:

Not Joe Douglas.  Anyone but him. 

We have one benefit of being NFL Siberia for General Managers-  we are always going to be picking from the dregs of the league, the Island of Misfit GM's.  It is imperative that we size up what we've got, make quick decisions, and turn them over lightning quick.

We've seen enough of Douglas to know that he sucks at player-picking.  Onto the next one.  Pay less next time.  Keep churning GM's every 24 months until we find one that hits on the draft (yes!) and hits at free agency (yes!) and give that one an extension.  

SAR I

So nobody, you don't have a plan. 

6 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So nobody.

That's who I use to make stock picks.  Nobody.  Time to get into AI and manage our drafts with data that includes health history.  The idea of a guy being good at picking players is insane in 2021.   There's tons of data on players that can predict future performance and probably some of the injuries.

Time for AI. 

Just now, GangGreened said:

What’s the point your trying to make? Douglas needs more time?

You want to make a change for the sake of making a change, you don't have an idea what you want but you know want something. 

I want the world

I want the whole world

I want to lock it all up in my pocket

It's my bar of chocolate

Give it to me

Now!

I now know how the oompa loompa felt.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Claymation said:

You want to make a change for the sake of making a change, you don't have an idea what you want but you know want something. 

I want the world

I want the whole world

I want to lock it all up in my pocket

It's my bar of chocolate

Give it to me

Now!

I now know how the oompa loompa felt.

Yeah, not really. Weird post though.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I'm no Panthers fan, but what I understand their line is as bad as ours right now due to their rebuild and their injuries.

Just as Sam is doing well under a brand new HC/OC/playbook so too might have he here in Florham Park, bringing a veteran calm to the huddle, running his dink-doink thing that he was pretty good at.

Robbie and Sam have chemistry, so it would be keeping the two of them together.  Again, new HC/OC/playbook.  Maybe they would be clicking here.

Leo has 12 sacks since leaving the Jets.  Do we even have 12 sacks as a team since then?

Jamal was our pass rush and would have helped us recruit quality free agents, the types that don't want to come here because of the way Joe Douglas has treated Keleche Osemele, Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams, and Marcus Maye.

SAR I

well Sam and Robbie's chemistry isnt showing up this year. 

yeah Leo has 12 sacks since leaving the Jets. but you said with him and the others we win 2 games this year. he only has 1 sack and that came yesterday.

FA s dont come here because we suck. because our fans boo a rookie QB in his first ever game in front of them. we have the 2nd highest taxes, our weather sucks. theres a bunch of reasons we dont get FAs

Because we fired Gase after 2 years and now we want to fire Saleh in one. because Idzik lasted 2 years and now we want want to fire JD after 2 Drafts. some like you dont even want him to finish the season.

Idzik, Mac and now JD. maybe after a while you need to stop blaming GMs and start blaming our situation as to why FA don't come here. 

we have no stability that why we dont get good FAs. you sign with one GM and HC and in a year or you your working with another.

and please tell me the top guys Jamal recruited for us? i didnt know a 24 yr old in the league for 3 years had so much pull.

Sar 1 you got to stop talking like your playing Madden. forget Jamal. that 72 mil contract for a safety would have killed us. you said he brings in FAs? well there wouldn't be much money to after that contract. you cannot under any circumstance pay that for a safety. and there 1-2 and Jamal has 0 sacks and 0 INTs.

63 mil for Leo too. 

and where's the money for Sam this offseason? if he continues to play well hes going to want an extension before his 5th year. 

contracts matter. you just cant say if we had these 4 guys we would be better cause you were never going to be able to pay all 4.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

well Sam and Robbie's chemistry isnt showing up this year. 

yeah Leo has 12 sacks since leaving the Jets. but you said with him and the others we win 2 games this year. he only has 1 sack and that came yesterday.

FA s dont come here because we suck. because our fans boo a rookie QB in his first ever game in front of them. we have the 2nd highest taxes, our weather sucks. theres a bunch of reasons we dont get FAs

Because we fired Gase after 2 years and now we want to fire Saleh in one. because Idzik lasted 2 years and now we want want to fire JD after 2 Drafts. some like you dont even want him to finish the season.

Idzik, Mac and now JD. maybe after a while you need to stop blaming GMs and start blaming our situation as to why FA don't come here. 

we have no stability that why we dont get good FAs. you sign with one GM and HC and in a year or you your working with another.

and please tell me the top guys Jamal recruited for us? i didnt know a 24 yr old in the league for 3 years had so much pull.

Sar 1 you got to stop talking like your playing Madden. forget Jamal. that 72 mil contract for a safety would have killed us. you said he brings in FAs? well there wouldn't be much money to after that contract. you cannot under any circumstance pay that for a safety. and there 1-2 and Jamal has 0 sacks and 0 INTs.

63 mil for Leo too. 

and where's the money for Sam this offseason? if he continues to play well hes going to want an extension before his 5th year. 

contracts matter. you just cant say if we had these 4 guys we would be better cause you were never going to be able to pay all 4.

Soooo, the solution is this? 0-3 and by miles the worst team in the NFL? Cool. 

Yes, you are right, contracts do matter. Clearly

• Thumb Down 1

26 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Soooo, the solution is this? 0-3 and by miles the worst team in the NFL? Cool. 

Yes, you are right, contracts do matter. Clearly

no.

just pointing out to Sar how the 4 guys he said would make us 2-1 is unrealistic.

3 are not playing well and we couldn't afford them.

and believe me Sar would be the 1st guy here to kill JD for giving them those contracts.

Just now, Wit said:

I don’t think it’s fair to saddle another GM with a fresh new QB and coach. If you clean house then clean house. 

Just to be clear I don’t think we should be doing this, but half measures make no sense. I’m willing to continue to give a brand new GM coach and QB time. I’m just worried that the QB won’t have a chance without any veterans to lean on.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Yes, it all makes sense.  And it's redundant for me to say that all the responsible cap management in the world is rendered meaningless if the person picking the replacement players is unqualified for the position, so I won't.  Okay, I will.  

If Joe Douglas were a great player-picker, we wouldn't be having this conversation about cleaning up Maccagnan's roster.  But now that we can look back, we are now 3 years further behind our rebuild than when we started.  Getting rid of good players and replacing them with bad players means it's going to take 3 drafts and FA periods to get players of the caliber that we lost.  And now we're here.

SAR I

You make it seem like he inherited a SB roster. He inherited a terrible roster and a terrible coach and the replacements are not all bad players. There are a lot of 1st and 2nd year guys that we just don't know about plus some FA's as well. 

Zach Wilson - Looks shaky but it's only his 3rd game so we don't know. Every other rookie QB that is playing is struggling including TL. 

Cameron Clark OT - guy got injured, we don't know if or how he can contribute when healthy. Wait and see.

Becton OT - had a good rookie season and is now injured. I think he can be a good one but jury still out. 

Morgan Moses OT - seems like a pretty good signing so far 

AVT OG - Could be a very good player on the left side for a long time 

Denzel Mims - Everybody was praising this pick in 2nd round. Guy is big and has talent. Remains to be seen how this plays out. 

Tyler Kroft TE - Meh 

Vinny Curry DE - out for year 

Jarrad Davis LB = out until after bye week 

Quincy Williams LB - he's been ok for a waiver pickup

Ammendola - so far so good 

Bryce Hall - pretty good for a 5th round pick 

Lamarcus Joyner - could have been a solid pickup but got injured and out for the year

Carl Lawson - could have been huge signing but now out for year

Moore - looks decent but should be in slot and not on outside

Im not going to name every player that JD has signed or drafted but there are just too many question marks due to injuries and too early to tell on some 1st and 2nd year guys. Bottom line is we just don't know yet. This draft class looks good to me. I think Wilson will be a good one even though many have thrown in the towel on him after 3 games which is comical. AVT, Moore, both Carters, Echols all look like they could be solid contributors. This year has started out poorly and there is plenty of blame to go around including JD, the coach, the OC, and the players. I still think this will start turning around next year and we will have a solid team for a long time. If you want to get the pitchforks out now go right ahead. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You make it seem like he inherited a SB roster. He inherited a terrible roster and a terrible coach and the replacements are not all bad players. There are a lot of 1st and 2nd year guys that we just don't know about plus some FA's as well. 

Zach Wilson - Looks shaky but it's only his 3rd game so we don't know. Every other rookie QB that is playing is struggling including TL. 

Cameron Clark OT - guy got injured, we don't know if or how he can contribute when healthy. Wait and see.

Becton OT - had a good rookie season and is now injured. I think he can be a good one but jury still out. 

Denzel Mims - Everybody was praising this pick in 2nd round. Guy is big and has talent. Remains to be seen how this plays out. 

Tyler Kroft TE - Meh 

Lamarcus Joyner - could have been a solid pickup but got injured and out for the year

Im not going to name every player that JD has signed or drafted but there are just too many question marks due to injuries and too early to tell on some 1st and 2nd year guys. Bottom line is we just don't know yet. This draft class looks good to me. I think Wilson will be a good one even though many have thrown in the towel on him after 3 games which is comical. AVT, Moore, both Carters, Echols all look like they could be solid contributors. This year has started out poorly and there is plenty of blame to go around including JD, the coach, the OC, and the players. I still think this will start turning around next year and we will have a solid team for a long time. If you want to get the pitchforks out now go right ahead. 

Your presumption of turning it around next year says we are close.

Based off these 3 games this team is not close to anything. To many gaps in the rosters, to many JAG's, to much youth. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Tyler Kroft TE - Meh 

If what Joe Douglas inherited was so bad then Adam Gase’s should’ve won Coach of the Year motivating Maccagan’s backups and a mono-stricken quarterback to finish the season 6-2. 

The evidence is all there, it’s really black-and-white, it’s really easy to see. Joe Douglas is terrible and he has to go as soon as possible.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, Claymation said:

I'm not the one predicting 8 wins with 8 rookies playing significant minutes. That's just foolish.

That was not a prediction. That was an expectation.  I’ve been very clear on this.  

You see, all you geniuses convinced me that Adam Gase was the sole problem that this franchise had, and by getting rid of him things were going to get better.

I don’t answer to you on this; you answer to me.

SAR I

The cold hard fact is we have gotten worse every year under Joe. I see no plan. I see no light at the end of the tunnel. I see failed signings and failed drafts.

We can argue about Jamal, leo, etc. End of the day it doesnt matter anymore with them and its all conjecture. But  this team has less talent on it then when Joe started. There is no disputing that at this point.

Anybody can tear down a team and ship out guys for picks. That isnt praise worthy. Idzik was already run out of town by now and that's basically all he did.

Why was Joe making luxury picks like a punter and back up QB in his first draft? His punter looked worse than the one we had! It was change just for the sake of it not because it made sense. Which sums up his entire tenure. He seems more interested in just finding value and making sure he wins the forum headlines of winning trades then building a team.

• Upvote 1