Jump to content

***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS (and SAR I silly propaganda) THREAD


freestater
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

That's not what I asked you. I asked if you are happy with the job he is doing. It's a pretty simple question not sure why you cant say yes or no.

And you want me to answer the way you want me to and I wont so again, move on

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Your refusal to answer says enough I think.

How old are you?

Seriously because you cant seem to identify an answer that was put right in front of you, you arent thinking, you just want an argument 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Johnson's have no interest in starting over with a new GM any time soon, folks.  Just have to hope we see a lot more positive signs out of the 2020 and '21 draft classes and that he nails the 2022 offseason.  Otherwise we're f**ked for a long time.  

Woody Johnson literally quit on the organization for 4 years and hired his brother, who’s football experience starts and ends with Madden, off the couch to replace him. Meanwhile some folks here think he is going to restart everything all over again and clean house at the end of the season.
 

Woody can care less. Truly funny stuff. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How old are you?

Seriously because you cant seem to identify an answer that was put right in front of you, you arent thinking, you just want an argument 

The question wasnt whether you understand what he is doing. The question is are you happy with the way he is executing that plan.

 

Those are very different things and you have not answered that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

Woody Johnson literally quit on the organization for 4 years and hired his brother, who’s football experience starts and ends with Madden, off the couch to replace him. Meanwhile some folks here think he is going to restart everything all over again and clean house at the end of the season.
 

Woody can care less. Truly funny stuff. 

I look around the league and I don’t see other owners doing that.  Only Woody.   Other owners have real business interests.  Woody takes an ambassadorship.   NOT even embarrassed by his clear lack of credentials to be one.  He cares not.  His life is and has been a monopoly game.  he is a schmuck.  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

Macc was a horrific GM. Just horrific. WTF are you smokin. JD signed LAwson who unfortunately got hurt and signed Davis who has been decent and will get better once he gels with ZAch. He secured AVT and BEcton. Drafted a top WR in MOore that any GM would have snatched up and got rid of the waste product that GAse and Darnold and Adams were.  But lets keep poiting fingers at JD and say how much better we were under Macc and Gase and Darnold and Adams.  Holy sh*t.  

OK, Douglas fanboy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I look around the league and I don’t see other owners doing that.  Only Woody.   Other owners have real business interests.  Woody takes an ambassadorship.   NOT even embarrassed by his clear lack of credentials to be one.  He cares not.  His life is and has been a monopoly game.  he is a schmuck.  

Rooney accepted the ambassadorship to the UK for fundraising for Obama.  Wasnt that far back

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Rooney accepted the ambassadorship to the UK for fundraising for Obama.  Wasnt that far back

Don’t be he was active with the Steelers Back in 2008 or so turned operations over to his son.     Also, they appear to have a fairly tangible business structure.  Woody???  Sucks off the tlt of a trust fund.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 JD so far:

-I love how he tore down a roster that was going nowhere and acquired massive draft capitol in doing so. 

-I love how he has spread the draft picks around building a complete team.

-I love how he's prioritized the important positions in the draft.  

 

The one thing I would've done differently is I would've spent massive money last year building a complete line and offense around Zack from day 1.  He could've brought in a real tight end RG/C.  It would've bought himself some time from the fans that are expecting faster results.  You can't expect this many first and second year starters to have success with a rookie staff, especially when the quarterback is a rookie too.  

 

I'm hoping that is the plan.  Maybe he wasn't expecting the wins, fans be damned?

Since JD is so secure in his job that his plan was to lose this year to keep that very high draft pick and he plans to win next year.  Spend the money and supplement these promising young players with some proven vets.  

 

Otherwise, what's the point of resetting the rookie quarterback clock if you aren't gong to spend that money supporting him?

 

I believe in Wilson.

I believe in Saleh.

I still believe in JD.

 

please spend some money next year and start winning!  

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm sorry, but that doesn't fly anymore.  For the last two years that was your built-in excuse.  But it's 2021 and time to stop talking about the guy.  You were wrong.  All of you were.  He wasn't the problem.  Douglas was.

Joe Douglas is headed to a 3-30 record with a roster he built himself.  Talk about that.

SAR I

Why can't we have both? Crosseye and The Incredible Bulk both effed us over.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Since JD is so secure in his job that his plan was to lose this year to keep that very high draft pick and he plans to win next year

Are you telling me when JD signed he told the Johnsons it take me to season 4 to have a winning season? 

I'm holding you allllll to this magic 2022 team. This team doesnt look close. A 7-10 or something team where Zach plays decent and the D isn't getting rolled every game and you may be close. I'm fascinated by this 2022 magic year we are going to have. 

Since I just want to win I sure hope you are right, but this is the worst Jets team in years, and its hard to believe we will be good next year. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Don’t be he was active with the Steelers Back in 2008 or so turned operations over to his son.     Also, they appear to have a fairly tangible business structure.  Woody???  Sucks off the tlt of a trust fund.  

He was the owner, like Woody.  He was a fundraiser for the eventual presidential winner, like Woody.  Both were repaid with an ambassadorship to the UK.  Im just saying it does or did happen in the NFL before.  Woody left the team to his brother who is said to be an equal partner.  Thats all, not a big deal.  

1 Forbes said that the best way to become rich is through inheritance.  Not seeing the big deal.

2 Bidwill inherited the Cardinals from his father

3 Virginia Halas inherited the team from her father, George Halas

4 Mike Brown’s father, Paul Brown left him his money and the Bengals

5 Martha ford inherited the team and money from Henry Ford

6 Janice McNair inherited the Texans and her husbands money

7 Jim Irsay’s father inherited his money and the Colts from his father, Robert Irsay

8 Clark Hunt is the grandchild of extravagant oil tycoon H.L. Hunt, Clark inherited the Chiefs 

9 Dean Spanos took full control of the team following his father Alex's death and inheriting it all

10 Gayle Benson inherited the Saints and her husbands money which was contested by Tom Benson's daughter and granddaughter, who were reportedly left out of the will; a court upheld the transfer of his assets.

11 Mark Davis and his mother, Carol, inherited a controlling interest in the Raiders and their $$ from Mark’s father, Al

12 When he was 15, Malcom Glazer inherited his father’s watch business and money

Thats a lot of inheritance $$ floating teams

13.  @Fantasy Island is still butt hurt and for some unknown reason will without benefit of thought will down vote a post loaded with facts in a post that he cant dispute.  Put me on ignore or be an adult and move on from this childish game

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Are you telling me when JD signed he told the Johnsons it take me to season 4 to have a winning season? 

I'm holding you allllll to this magic 2022 team. This team doesnt look close. A 7-10 or something team where Zach plays decent and the D isn't getting rolled every game and you may be close. I'm fascinated by this 2022 magic year we are going to have. 

Since I just want to win I sure hope you are right, but this is the worst Jets team in years, and its hard to believe we will be good next year. 

I'm not saying that is what happened.  I was guessing as to why he chose not to spend the money I would've last offseason.  

The foundation is there for this team and is strong.  We just needed a good RG/C and a good tight end and the offense wouldn't have any glaring holes.  It was a massive mistake that he can still fix this offseason.  

Zach would still be having his rookie roller coaster season, but I'm sure it would've been easier having that security blanket and his internal clock not buzzing in 0.5 seconds.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Macc was a horrific GM. Just horrific. WTF are you smokin. JD signed LAwson who unfortunately got hurt and signed Davis who has been decent and will get better once he gels with ZAch. He secured AVT and BEcton. Drafted a top WR in MOore that any GM would have snatched up and got rid of the waste product that GAse and Darnold and Adams were.  But lets keep poiting fingers at JD and say how much better we were under Macc and Gase and Darnold and Adams.  Holy sh*t.  

so far

Mac=Douglas

Gase =Saleh

 

new coaches always increase our win total until

NOW

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Don’t be he was active with the Steelers Back in 2008 or so turned operations over to his son.     Also, they appear to have a fairly tangible business structure.  Woody???  Sucks off the tlt of a trust fund.  

So in other words, he took the Ambassadorship, and left the team in the hands of a relative. 

But continue on about how WUDDY DUZ EVERYTING RAWNG!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm curious.....what is said foundation 

Going with the theory that Wilson is who I believe his is, we have the most important positions covered with young players:

QB, LT, LG, DE, DT, CB 

Add MLB, #2 and #3 WR, and a good foundation at RB.  

 

Imagine they sign a good RT, TE and Interior lineman?

Then we still can draft a number 1 WR and another interior lineman in the first round.  

Add another edge and tight end in round 2, and start drafting more speed on defense.

This team can compete next year and will be fighting to finish over .500.  Then when Zach is in his 3rd year and his number 1 WR has a season under his belt we fight for the playoffs in 2023. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Going with the theory that Wilson is who I believe his is, we have the most important positions covered with young players:

QB, LT, LG, DE, DT, CB 

Add MLB, #2 and #3 WR, and a good foundation at RB.  

 

Imagine they sign a good RT, TE and Interior lineman?

Then we still can draft a number 1 WR and another interior lineman in the first round.  

Add another edge and tight end in round 2, and start drafting more speed on defense.

This team can compete next year and will be fighting to finish over .500.  Then when Zach is in his 3rd year and his number 1 WR has a season under his belt we fight for the playoffs in 2023. 

The frustrating part is that JD could've spent this year and had us competing for .500 with a TE and upgrade at C and RG.  

Hopefully the plan is to lose and get that top pick again before spending BIG this year.

If he doesn't spend it's going to take longer and he would've wasted the rookie quarterback salary.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Going with the theory that Wilson is who I believe his is, we have the most important positions covered with young players:

QB, LT, LG, DE, DT, CB 

Add MLB, #2 and #3 WR, and a good foundation at RB.  

 

Imagine they sign a good RT, TE and Interior lineman?

Then we still can draft a number 1 WR and another interior lineman in the first round.  

Add another edge and tight end in round 2, and start drafting more speed on defense.

This team can compete next year and will be fighting to finish over .500.  Then when Zach is in his 3rd year and his number 1 WR has a season under his belt we fight for the playoffs in 2023. 

how are these positions covered. Wilson is an unknown. Becton looks like a bust. Tucker- cool we have a guard. Williams is a good player but hot/cold. Brice Hall got abused today. tough to say there's a foundation in place.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Going with the theory that Wilson is who I believe his is, we have the most important positions covered with young players:

QB, LT, LG, DE, DT, CB 

Add MLB, #2 and #3 WR, and a good foundation at RB.  

 

Imagine they sign a good RT, TE and Interior lineman?

Then we still can draft a number 1 WR and another interior lineman in the first round.  

Add another edge and tight end in round 2, and start drafting more speed on defense.

This team can compete next year and will be fighting to finish over .500.  Then when Zach is in his 3rd year and his number 1 WR has a season under his belt we fight for the playoffs in 2023. 

Are we watching the same team? Becton is a bust who cant stay healthy, Lawson? He had a great camp, so did Moore. I need to see results when hes healthy. CB? We just got carved up like butter by Matt Ryan

RB??? LOL Our running game has been a joke all season. Half the reason on offense why we suck so much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Are we watching the same team? Becton is a bust who cant stay healthy, Lawson? He had a great camp, so did Moore. I need to see results when hes healthy. CB? We just got carved up like butter by Matt Ryan

RB??? LOL Our running game has been a joke all season. Half the reason on offense why we suck so much

Ok then.  Disregard my optimism on the young players that are still developing.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Going with the theory that Wilson is who I believe his is, we have the most important positions covered with young players:

QB, LT, LG, DE, DT, CB 

Add MLB, #2 and #3 WR, and a good foundation at RB.  

 

Imagine they sign a good RT, TE and Interior lineman?

Then we still can draft a number 1 WR and another interior lineman in the first round.  

Add another edge and tight end in round 2, and start drafting more speed on defense.

This team can compete next year and will be fighting to finish over .500.  Then when Zach is in his 3rd year and his number 1 WR has a season under his belt we fight for the playoffs in 2023. 

Same CS. well its hopeless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...