***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

4 hours ago, Jet Life said:

That’s fine. They can “revolt” all they want lol. The checks are still clearing for the Johnson family. This team has been bad for a decade and fans still show up. There will absolutely not be a season ticket holder “revolt” that gets JD fired. Those PSL checks are cashed, if a ticket holder walks some other guy will come in and buy a new PSL.

Sorry to burst your bubble though. But I respect the fans who show up weekly though and pay good money to watch, I’m not hating! Just a little reality for ya 

The Jets have managed to retain the overwhelming majority of PSL and season ticket holders through the last 10 years by promising us a bright new future.  That magic trick isn't going to work again after Geno > Hackenberg > Darnold > Wilson.   We're burnt out.  We're non-believers.  We're not buying it anymore.  

SAR I

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Johnson's have no interest in starting over with a new GM any time soon, folks.  Just have to hope we see a lot more positive signs out of the 2020 and '21 draft classes and that he nails the 2022 offseason.  Otherwise we're f**ked for a long time.  

I'm going with the latter. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Hopefully the plan is to lose and get that top pick again

PSL owners and season ticket holders are done rooting for losses in October and college boys in April.  Done.

The only thing the Jets can sell us on are wins.  The Jedi Mind Tricks are no longer welcome.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Jets have managed to retain the overwhelming majority of PSL and season ticket holders through the last 10 years by promising us a bright new future.  That magic trick isn't going to work again after Geno > Hackenberg > Darnold > Wilson.   We're burnt out.  We're non-believers.  We're not buying it anymore.  

SAR I

It's amazing how much the Jets went in on the slogans and optics. 

JD is truly leading this team into the worst chapter of Jets history. He can't draft, average to bad in FA, made questionable coaching hires, and tells the fan base his goal is not wins but "to get better" 

A simple and utter disaster of a GM. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I respect those ticket holders but I’m willing to bet they all stick around. Even you. Let’s be real if JD is back you’re still renewing. We both know it. It’s just not reality to expect a max exodus over another bad season when it’s just another day in the life of a Jet fan. Sorry 

1 minute ago, Jet Life said:

I respect those ticket holders but I’m willing to bet they all stick around. Even you. Let’s be real if JD is back you’re still renewing. We both know it. It’s just not reality to expect a max exodus over another bad season when it’s just another day in the life of a Jet fan. Sorry 

That's fair. Jet fans are a very loyal fan base. And they deserve more then the trash JD has been giving them. 

3-18

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Life said:

There comes a point where the bright future is so distant that it no longer makes sense to spend the money and spend the time attending the games.  

Perhaps its time for me to get out now and go back to the stadium years from now when I'm not feeling this burned out and hopeless.  Thing is, if the Jets lose me, they've lost them all.  I believe I'm somewhat representative of the fanbase.  Diehard, but pushed over the edge.  Recoverable, but only with proof of concept, no longer blindly buying the Johnson narrative.  I respect them, I do, and I believe they are trying to do the right thing, but my heart can't fool my mind anymore.  They are going to have to do that for me.  They are going to have to start winning.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There comes a point where the bright future is so distant that it no longer makes sense to spend the money and spend the time attending the games.  

Perhaps its time for me to get out now and go back to the stadium years from now when I'm not feeling this burned out and hopeless.  Thing is, if the Jets lose me, they've lost them all.  I believe I'm somewhat representative of the fanbase.  Diehard, but pushed over the edge.  Recoverable, but only with proof of concept, no longer blindly buying the Johnson narrative.  I respect them, I do, and I believe they are trying to do the right thing, but my heart can't fool my mind anymore.  They are going to have to do that for me.  They are going to have to start winning.

SAR I

So take you threat to leave the team and go now.

No one will even come close to noticing 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

PSL owners and season ticket holders are done rooting for losses in October and college boys in April.  Done.

The only thing the Jets can sell us on are wins.  The Jedi Mind Tricks are no longer welcome.

SAR I

You’re 100% right.  I’m just trying to figure out why they didn’t spend this offseason.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Douglas had put together a pretty solid receiving corps, an above average group of OL, pretty solid backs, a gifted rookie QB, enough DL, LBs, and good young DBs. Carl Lawson was a pretty nifty signing. But you guys want to fire Douglas because the coaching staff can’t overcome having a bad RG and some meh TEs? Seriously? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas had put together a pretty solid receiving corps, an above average group of OL, pretty solid backs, a gifted rookie QB, enough DL, LBs, and good young DBs. Carl Lawson was a pretty nifty signing. But you guys want to fire Douglas because the coaching staff can’t overcome having a bad RG and some meh TEs? Seriously? 

He’s tracking to a 3-30 record as a GM with total autonomy and a roster completely of his doing.   

We have been reduced to an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft with a bust QB and a rookie coaching staff that have lost 20 of the 21 quarters they have played this year.  

It’s been 30 months.   This isn’t some knee-jerk overreaction.  He can’t pick players.   

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He’s tracking to a 3-30 record as a GM with total autonomy and a roster completely of his doing.   

We have been reduced to an expansion team without the benefit of an expansion draft with a bust QB and a rookie coaching staff that have lost 20 of the 21 quarters they have played this year.  

It’s been 30 months.   This isn’t some knee-jerk overreaction.  He can’t pick players.   

SAR I

The coaching staff just spent the past six months trying to build an offense around Braxton Berrios. I’m gonna say that’s been a bigger factor in the team looking like sh*t than any lack of talent. If you want to kill Douglas for giving Saleh the autonomy to fill out a staff with his loser buddies, that’s fair, but I think there’s enough talent on the roster to field a competitive squad.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, KINGDIRK said:

Are we still mad at JD for not resigning Robby Anderson? Asking for a friend. 

Last 16 games: 3 TDs. He’s gone over 80 yards receiving in a game just twice. Ten of those 16 games, he’s been under 50 yards receiving. 

Carolina fans are done with him. good to see were not the only fans who overreact.

It'd be great if you people who don't like the team and are just here to BITCH about EVERYTHING would just shut the f*ck up for a little while.  For some reason they think they are smart and yet they keep writing STUPID SH*T over and over and it just makes people not want to be here because you are SO F*CKING PREDICTABLE. Get over yourself and get a job with the Jets or shut the f*ck up and stop screaming about stuff you don't understand and have no control over.  It drives people away.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets have better players across the board than the Eagles, Texans, Lions and Patriots, but they look like the worst team in the league.

On this I might agree, but it's still an indictment of Joe Douglas.  It still makes his hand-picked roster Bottom 5 in the NFL, and he's been here for 30 months.  That's a long time.  And it's going to take another 30 months just to get back to the 7 win level he inherited and didn't build upon.

SAR I

wait so he has 3 wins but is here 30 months? 

so your either like me and say JD had 2 draft and 2 FA to say he had 2 years... or

you say like you been saying he had 3 years even though 2019 he came to late to draft and get any good FAs...

but then give him credit for the 7-9 2019 record then. unless you want to admit he really didnt have time to do any real adjustments to that team. 

pick one or the other...you cant have both.

4 minutes ago, Origen said:

It'd be great if you people who don't like the team and are just here to BITCH about EVERYTHING would just shut the f*ck up for a little while.  For some reason they think they are smart and yet they keep writing STUPID SH*T over and over and it just makes people not want to be here because you are SO F*CKING PREDICTABLE. Get over yourself and get a job with the Jets or shut the f*ck up and stop screaming about stuff you don't understand and have no control over.  It drives people away.

Clowns

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

On this I might agree, but it's still an indictment of Joe Douglas.  It still makes his hand-picked roster Bottom 5 in the NFL, and he's been here for 30 months.  That's a long time.  And it's going to take another 30 months just to get back to the 7 win level he inherited and didn't build upon.

SAR I

Agreed that the time to judge Douglas is growing closer, but his biggest problem is Saleh, not the roster. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Origen said:

369 posts.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Brilliantly said