***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

3 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

Five games in, 5! Take a deep breath 

21 games in and we're 3-18.

Taking breaths was what we were told to do after 2019 and all of 2020.  2021 was supposed to be a time to start improving.

Joe Douglas is tracking to have a 2 year record of 3-30.

John Idzik went 12-20.

Mike Maccagnan went 15-17.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Taking breaths was what we were told to do after 2019 and all of 2020.  2021 was supposed to be a time to start improving.

John Idzik went 12-20.

SAR I

Douglas = Macagnan 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Welcome to year 6 of the “true rebuild”

We can't let them think we don't realize it.

So many think this is Year 1 for Joe Douglas, that he's part of the "new Saleh regime".  It's sickening.

I have to hand it to the Johnson's though.  They're straight out of central casting.  The Rex Ryan impersonating GM.  The Pete Carroll impersonating HC.  The Justin Bieber cute QB.  If you can't win, just make a good movie.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas had put together a pretty solid receiving corps, an above average group of OL, pretty solid backs, a gifted rookie QB, enough DL, LBs, and good young DBs. Carl Lawson was a pretty nifty signing. But you guys want to fire Douglas because the coaching staff can’t overcome having a bad RG and some meh TEs? Seriously? 

This is about the most generous reading of the current roster I have seen.

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

So many think this is Year 1 for Joe Douglas, that he's part of the "new Saleh regime".  It's sickening.

I have to hand it to the Johnson's though.  They're straight out of central casting.  The Rex Ryan impersonating GM.  The Pete Carroll impersonating HC.  The Justin Bieber cute QB.  If you can't win, just make a good movie.

SAR I

Its game 5 for this rebuild.  Year 1 sounds too long.  Its 5 games in, not a second more.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The clowns r out in full force.  Its so much better when you guys go into hiding after a win.

That wasn't a "win".

That was 1 quarter of 50/50 balls that went our way.  Felt great at the time.  Today proved it was just a mirage.  We won't get fooled again.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Woody will continue to be de facto GM until the fans stop showing up to games

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

John Idzik went 12-20.

SAR I

I get it, we are all frustrated but I dont agree with your time table. Coming on the job in July of 19 leaves that yr on Mike. 20 was his first draft and had no choice but to live with gase. Another wasted yr. 

This is now all on him. His coach, his qb, his team. Very young team at that. This will take time regardless of how frustrated we all are. 

Lets see how the team plays at the end of this yr 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, NYJ37/12 said:

I get it, we are all frustrated but I dont agree with your time table. Coming on the job in July of 19 leaves that yr on Mike. 20 was his first draft and had no choice but to live with gase. Another wasted yr. 

This is now all on him. His coach, his qb, his team. Very young team at that. This will take time regardless of how frustrated we all are. 

Lets see how the team plays at the end of this yr 

Yet again,  we've drafted our franchise quarterback (which hasn't worked out very well for us recently). 

Douglas has given him a rookie headcoach, a rookie OC, a garbage offensive line and no running game whatsoever. That's before you even mention our tight ends (haha) or a wide receiver group that isn't exactly overflowing with talent. And it's not even like our defence is going to provide some support for the team. 

And, to top it off, we're forced to start our great hope from day 1 because there's absolutely no other option (never mind a veteran) on the roster. 

Wilson has been given zero support and there's absolutely nothing so far to suggest that this will end any differently than our previous franchise quarterback attempts.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, sourceworx said:

So in other words, he took the Ambassadorship, and left the team in the hands of a relative. 

But continue on about how WUDDY DUZ EVERYTING RAWNG!

His son was already president, for years.  He was NOT involved in the Steelers management.  No way around it.  A successful business man is basically saying FU to his business if he leaves it to a very inexperienced brother.   Rooney had already stepped down.  BIG difference. 

12 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

He was the owner, like Woody.  He was a fundraiser for the eventual presidential winner, like Woody.  Both were repaid with an ambassadorship to the UK.  Im just saying it does or did happen in the NFL before.  Woody left the team to his brother who is said to be an equal partner.  Thats all, not a big deal.  

1 Forbes said that the best way to become rich is through inheritance.  Not seeing the big deal.

2 Bidwill inherited the Cardinals from his father

3 Virginia Halas inherited the team from her father, George Halas

4 Mike Brown’s father, Paul Brown left him his money and the Bengals

5 Martha ford inherited the team and money from Henry Ford

6 Janice McNair inherited the Texans and her husbands money

7 Jim Irsay’s father inherited his money and the Colts from his father, Robert Irsay

8 Clark Hunt is the grandchild of extravagant oil tycoon H.L. Hunt, Clark inherited the Chiefs 

9 Dean Spanos took full control of the team following his father Alex's death and inheriting it all

10 Gayle Benson inherited the Saints and her husbands money which was contested by Tom Benson's daughter and granddaughter, who were reportedly left out of the will; a court upheld the transfer of his assets.

11 Mark Davis and his mother, Carol, inherited a controlling interest in the Raiders and their $$ from Mark’s father, Al

12 When he was 15, Malcom Glazer inherited his father’s watch business and money

Thats a lot of inheritance $$ floating teams

13.  @Fantasy Island is still butt hurt and for some unknown reason will without benefit of thought will down vote a post loaded with facts in a post that he cant dispute.  Put me on ignore or be an adult and move on from this childish game

BUT he wasn’t running it.   He stepped down years before.  Owning the stock and being President are as you know different.   

The GMs future is riding on Zach Wilson.   Mac passed on Watson, Mahomes, Allen and Jackson for Darnold.  He didn’t develop him and it still looks like he’s always going to be a mediocre at best QB.  That’s why Mac was canned and he deserved it   

Zach was handed over to a rookie HC and OC with no plan B if he and/or his coaches weren’t ready.   Douglas is on the clock and if Zach doesn’t become very good very fast I think he will be gone after next year.

Saleh made the comment when Zach was drafted.  We will lift you.  So far it looks like BS.  BS can only take you so far.  When the tide goes out the people swimming naked are exposed. 

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

BUT he wasn’t running it.   He stepped down years before.  Owning the stock and being President are as you know different.   

No that list was for the living off the teet comment.  And all the other comment about he inherited his money from his family comments.  I knew other had also, not 12 or so team owners though. 

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So ... fire everyone and start "Rebuild IV : This Time We Get It All Right"?

1 hour ago, tamba_trio said:

Yet again,  we've drafted our franchise quarterback (which hasn't worked out very well for us recently). 

Douglas has given him a rookie headcoach, a rookie OC, a garbage offensive line and no running game whatsoever. That's before you even mention our tight ends (haha) or a wide receiver group that isn't exactly overflowing with talent. And it's not even like our defence is going to provide some support for the team. 

And, to top it off, we're forced to start our great hope from day 1 because there's absolutely no other option (never mind a veteran) on the roster. 

Wilson has been given zero support and there's absolutely nothing so far to suggest that this will end any differently than our previous franchise quarterback attempts.

All correct but its week 5. Let's see how the yr goes

30 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No that list was for the living off the teet comment.  And all the other comment about he inherited his money from his family comments.  I knew other had also, not 12 or so team owners though. 

I don’t begrudge inheriting money. I call him a Trust fund tlt sucker as a jab.      Not one bit.  he’s just not shown any brains whatsoever.  you defend him, I am critical.   we are the worst team in sports since 2016.   

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I don’t begrudge inheriting money. I call him a Trust fund tlt sucker as a jab.      Not one bit.  he’s just not shown any brains whatsoever.  you defend him, I am critical.   we are the worst team in sports since 2016.   

Havent defended him.  You blame the teams ineptitude on Woody, constantly over his having inherited his money.  I simply pointed out that lots of owners have fortunes and teams that they inherited.  You have no idea how smart he is or isnt.  I think thats wrong.  I think its all a waste of time and blaming the owner is as lazy an argument as there is in sports.  But thats me 

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The clowns r out in full force.  Its so much better when you guys go into hiding after a win.

Is interesting the SAR I, PhilC, Prodigal, Scott whoever, were nowhere to be found the week after Titans.  It was much more enjoyable to just talk football 

Seems like all they enjoy is the weeks when they can carry on like children after losses showing how little they know about football etc

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

So ... fire everyone and start "Rebuild IV : This Time We Get It All Right"?

Sometimes staying the course is the wrong move. Imagine if the Johnsons' owned the Arizona Cardinals, they would have likely "stayed the course" with Steve Wilks and Josh Rosen. With that said I'm not advocating for the Jets to fire Robert Saleh or dump Zach Wilson. I definitely have concerns with Joe Douglas though. We'll just have to hope for the best, because I don't expect any changes in the coming off-season. 

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Havent defended him.  You blame the teams ineptitude on Woody, constantly over his having inherited his money.  I simply pointed out that lots of owners have fortunes and teams that they inherited.  You have no idea how smart he is or isnt.  I think thats wrong. (OK. that's an opinion)  I think its all a waste of time and blaming the owner is as lazy an argument as there is in sports.  But thats me (OK)

NOT on inheriting the money... he is simply unaccomplished.  He has done nothing that the public can see that would tell us he has business acumen.  Woody is the constant.  It starts at the top.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

There's no defence of Woody.  He had very shady business dealings in florida real esate and he was involved in a tax fraud scheme that failed and he paid his way out of it with the IRS.

There is nothing about Woody that spells ethical, competent businessman and owner.   Not to say many of the other owners aren't in the same boat.  Many of them are actually great businessmen and operate in an ethical manner.  Woody is one of the ones who doesn't.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1