***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

25 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The fact that Adam Gase sucked has nothing to do with the fact that Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh, and Zach Wilson suck worse.

I used to find humor and an occasional good point in your posts. You have become an insufferable curmudgeon, and you make this board less fun. Trolling is more effective when you at least feign an interest in the team succeeding. You choose a hill to die on and you stand there looking foolish, so I do give you credit for persistence. Welcome to the land of ignore. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

19 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Wait What?

That throw to Cole in Overtime was a thing of beauty. Either you just want to get under people's skin, which I guess you you might like to do or you are clueless about the sport of football. Either way, it isn't a good look. 

It was a thing of beauty.

But what we know now is that Zach Wilson can put up one of those once out of every 200 throws.  It's a sad anomaly.  It's not indicative of his abilities.  Go watch the 1992 Jets Falcons season opener.  Browning Nagle looked like Joe Montana.

He's a bust.  Come to grips with it.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3

1 hour ago, Snell41 said:

You can pass on a QB when said QB has so many red flags. Period. We had no reason to force the QB pick at all, we could have used that to fortify the team and stockpile picks for next year. It’s absolutely what we should have done and it has nothing at all to do with Sam Darnold. We could’ve just lame ducked the guy for one more season easily. Instead we forced our own hand with a QB that isn’t even remotely ready to play in the NFL and in my opinion now, as it was before we drafted him, never will be.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

we did have our hand forced, you dont get to pick 2nd every year. you got to figure if your the GM your going to make this team better so you shouldn't be anywhere close to picking #2 in the future.

look at Carolina. they beat 2 crappy teams and a 3rd who lost all there coaches to covid. but they cant beat a good Dallas team and a OK Phila team that Sam lost by himself. thats what Sam is. he can beat the bad teams if he has a good team around him and maybe sneak a win against a good team. there going to finish with 7, 8 or 9 wins thats too many wins to be close to getting a QB high in the draft. and his 5th year will be about the same. 

and im guessing thats the position we would be in if we kept Sam. and in 2 years when his contract is up and we dont pay him where do we get our QB? we would be drafting too high and it would cost too much to trade to move up. and you cant count on FA to get a good one. 

when you pick at 2 then your hand is forced. now whether or not Wilson was the right guy out of this draft class i cant say. i dont watch collage so i had no preference.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I used to find humor and an occasional good point in your posts. You have become an insufferable curmudgeon, and you make this board less fun. Trolling is more effective when you at least feign an interest in the team succeeding. You choose a hill to die on and you stand there looking foolish, so I do give you credit for persistence. Welcome to the land of ignore. 

I'm not sad to see you go, but it is quite amazing how people can dish the Gase hate out for years but wilt like sunflowers the moment someone dishes out hate on the people they choose to like.

"Get rid of Mark Sanchez!  We can do better!"  [Crickets for 10 seasons]

"Get rid of Adam Gase!  We can do better!"  [Violent reactions that we didn't do better]

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The worst thing about this place is the race to be an early adopter.  At least with Douglas he has been around a bit.  People trying to be the first to announce that LaFleur or Wilson are busts are pretty premature.  Sure there are warning signs, but c'mon.

The "hot take" adopters. They are so cutting edge.

1 minute ago, doitny said:

and im guessing thats the position we would be in if we kept Sam. and in 2 years when his contract is up and we dont pay him where do we get our QB? we would be drafting too high and it would cost too much to trade to move up. and you cant count on FA to get a good one. 

1.  Sam Darnold would have played competently enough this season and next to allow the offensive rookies to develop.  Right now they are collecting dust, unused, ineffective.

2.  Keeping Adam Gase would have brought needed continuity.  And, let's face it, a more basic offensive system that is easier for young guys to learn and execute, hence the 7 win season.

3.  The best young QB's seem to be drafted out of the Top 5 slots you seem to be afraid of aspiring to.  Josh Allen #7, Lamar Jackson #32, Justin Herbert #6, Mac Jones #15.  We certainly would have had the draft capital and players needed to jump up and get someone if needed.

Bottom line is, any NFL team that is hopelessly a 1 or 2 win team can't possibly develop the very young players that are supposedly here to mature into champions.  If the roster and coaching staff falls that far below acceptability, even the talented players on the team fall to pieces.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, doitny said:

we did have our hand forced, you dont get to pick 2nd every year. you got to figure if your the GM your going to make this team better so you shouldn't be anywhere close to picking #2 in the future.

look at Carolina. they beat 2 crappy teams and a 3rd who lost all there coaches to covid. but they cant beat a good Dallas team and a OK Phila team that Sam lost by himself. thats what Sam is. he can beat the bad teams if he has a good team around him and maybe sneak a win against a good team. there going to finish with 7, 8 or 9 wins thats too many wins to be close to getting a QB high in the draft. and his 5th year will be about the same. 

when you pick at 2 then your hand is forced. now whether or not Wilson was the right guy out of this draft class i cant say. i dont watch collage so i had no preference.

I am off the whole having to pick a QB at #2.  Look at the best QBs over the past few years.  Wilson 3rd, Brady 6th, Brees 2nd, Cousins 4th, Mahomes #10, Watson #12, Carr 2nd Garoppolo 2nd, Jackson #32, Allen #7, Prescott 4th, Herbert #6.  I don't think anybody would be surprised if Lance or Fields turn out better than Wilson.  Key is finding the right guy for your system.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

People trying to be the first to announce that LaFleur or Wilson are busts are pretty premature.  Sure there are warning signs, but c'mon.

Come now, we're Jets fans.

When was the last time an early warning sign turned out not to be true?  Can you name 3 Jets players, coaches, or front office staff where we were 1/3 of the way into the season, they looked awful, and then the next season we were like "Whoa! He's not a bust, he's a superstar!"?

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

There are far better trolls on this site that have banned for less.

Yes, yes, yes, everyone who disagrees with your precious opinions is automatically a "troll".  

In this case, they happen to be right.  Douglas is not better than Maccagnan.  Wilson is not better than Darnold.  Saleh is not better than Gase.

In fact, every time the JN illuminati pronounce a quarterback, GM, or head coach worthy of replacement, things just get worse, it's been this way for 10 years.  Instead of shouting "troll", how about you apologize for misleading readers into thinking that you've got the answers for the last decade when you don't.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, SAR I said:

Yes, yes, yes, everyone who disagrees with your precious opinions is automatically a "troll".  

In this case, they happen to be right.  Douglas is not better than Maccagnan.  Wilson is not better than Darnold.  Saleh is not better than Gase.

In fact, every time the JN illuminati pronounce a quarterback, GM, or head coach worthy of replacement, things just get worse, it's been this way for 10 years.  Instead of shouting "troll", how about you apologize for misleading readers into thinking that you've got the answers for the last decade when you don't.

SAR I

It has NOTHING to do with agreement or disagreement of points. It has EVERYTHING to do with throwing crap against the wall, just to elicit response. Baseless commentary that is meant to provoke and draw attention. The class clown that in the beginning, everyone thinks is kind of cute, but then because of that attention, the clown thinks it is alright to do it all the time.

You are now that clown. 

• Upvote 2

No it’s not, and it’s now precisely why we’re saddles with a sh*tty, incompetent QB that is in way over his head. You don’t draft sh*tty players just because you have a need at the position. Guess what, now we’ll be drafting in the top 3 again and now our hand will really be forced, except it’s unprecedented that a GM realize and accept his own mistake and do the right thing. So we’ll be dealing with another 3 years of lousiness and a new regime……. again?.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It has NOTHING to do with agreement or disagreement of points. It has EVERYTHING to do with throwing crap against the wall, just to elicit response. Baseless commentary that is meant to provoke and draw attention. The class clown that in the beginning, everyone thinks is kind of cute, but then because of that attention, the clown thinks it is alright to do it all the time.

You are now that clown. 

Oooh.  If you called him provocateur off the bat he'd probably be happy

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

No it’s not, and it’s now precisely why we’re saddles with a sh*tty, incompetent QB that is in way over his head. You don’t draft sh*tty players because you
Have a need at the positions. Guess what, now we’ll be drafting in the top 3 again and now our hand will really be forced except it’s unprecedented that a GM realize and accept his own mistake and do the right thing, so we’ll be dealing with another 3 years of Lousiness and a new regime……. again?.

Even the most zealous BAP proponent agrees if you need a QB you go need.

2 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

No it’s not, and it’s now precisely why we’re saddles with a sh*tty, incompetent QB that is in way over his head. You don’t draft sh*tty players because you
Have a need at the positions. Guess what, now we’ll be drafting in the top 3 again and now our hand will really be forced except it’s unprecedented that a GM realize and accept his own mistake and do the right thing, so we’ll be dealing with another 3 years of Lousiness and a new regime……. again?.

Unprecedented?  Steve Keim did it a couple of years ago

I think the key with Wilson is that I'm not sure if they drafted him because he was an improvement over Darnold or if it was to restart the clock on the contract. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

You are now that clown. 

My major positions over the last decade:

1.  Rex Ryan is an awful head coach only interested in promoting the myth that he's a great defensive coordinator to get his next job.

2.  We should have kept Brian Schottenheimer and not brought in Tony Sporano, someone unqualified for the offensive coordinator position.

3.  Mike Tannenbaum did something innovative, got away from risky draft picks, brought in a ton of known free agents, and almost won us a Super Bowl, twice.

4.  Mark Sanchez had that postseason 'it' factor and was the best young QB prospect we've had since Joe Namath and did nothing to support him and allowed Rex Ryan to scapegoat him.  We should have kept him instead of thinking he was so easily replaced.

5.  The Jets have a horrible habit of overplaying players who then turn to weed and expensive jewelry and never play hard again, we never learn from this mistake, we keep making it over and over again.

6.  Adam Gase is a very good rebuilding head coach, he was able to get a broken and injured roster to not lose focus, not become dysfunctional, act professional, and win games.  We should hold onto him until we're rebuilt and ready to take the next step.

Tell me, where was I wrong?  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

My major themes over the last decade:

1.  Rex Ryan is an awful head coach only interested in promoting the myth that he's a great defensive coordinator to get his next job.

2.  We should have kept Brian Schottenheimer and not brought in Tony Sporano, someone unqualified for the offensive coordinator position.

3.  Mike Tannenbaum did something innovative, got away from risky draft picks, brought in a ton of known free agents, and almost won us a Super Bowl, twice.

4.  Mark Sanchez had that postseason 'it' factor and was the best young QB prospect we've had since Joe Namath and did nothing to support him and allowed Rex Ryan to scapegoat him.  We should have kept him instead of thinking he was so easily replaced.

5.  The Jets have a horrible habit of overplaying players who then turn to weed and expensive jewelry and never play hard again, we never learn from this mistake, we keep making it over and over again.

6.  Adam Gase is a very good rebuilding head coach, he was able to get a broken and injured roster to not lose focus, not become dysfunctional, act professional, and win games.

SAR I

Damned near everywhere.]

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

The worst thing about this place is the race to be an early adopter.  At least with Douglas he has been around a bit.  People trying to be the first to announce that LaFleur or Wilson are busts are pretty premature.  Sure there are warning signs, but c'mon.

I was one first people on this site to call @SAR I a troll. I came on this site and saw on his profile that he was born in 1965. I was like, get f out of here. No person can survive being a Jets fan that long.

Just kidding by the way.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I was one first people on this site to call @SAR I a troll. I came on this site and saw on his profile that he was born in 1965. I was like, get f out of here. No person can survive being a Jets fan that long.

Just kidding by the way.

Trolling is a survival necessity for long suffering Jets fans

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Wilson has made some throws. I will grant you that. But his overall work has been getting worse, not better. After 5 games I expect a little growth 

And he wasn't good in the Titans game? My biggest issue is this OC needs to get Zach into a rhythm early in game. Throws like Crowder for the 2 point conversion. I would still take him over the other 4 QBs in this past draft, he has the most upside. Now its up to the coaching staff to get the most out of him. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It was a thing of beauty.

But what we know now is that Zach Wilson can put up one of those once out of every 200 throws.  It's a sad anomaly.  It's not indicative of his abilities.  Go watch the 1992 Jets Falcons season opener.  Browning Nagle looked like Joe Montana.

He's a bust.  Come to grips with it.

SAR I

One out 200? An anomaly? Now you're being silly. 

6 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets are the worst career destination in all of professional sports.  The downsides are obvious-  we don't get A or B caliber GM candidates, we don't get anyone with prior experience looking for a comeback, young candidates in play are easily convinced to stay with their existing clubs, etc.

But that also brings a massive benefit.  By being the team that can only attract imperfect and desperate candidates, we can say 'reputation be damned' and cycle through them every two years, in-and-out, churn 'em and burn 'em.  GM gets two years, if his draft and FA hit rate is weak, bye bye.  Head coach, same thing, two years, if the culture doesn't change and the record doesn't change, bye bye.

We shouldn't be begging the A and B candidates to come here, overpay them, give them lengthy deals, and give them unlimited autonomy.  That's no different than overpaying a player, taking away his hunger, putting him on cruise control, no different than a FO full of Mo Wilkerson's.

We should be playing to our strength.  We should be taking advantage of all the C and D candidates.  There are so many more of them out there than A's and B's and the typical A or B candidates fail 70% of the time anyway.  You can find a diamond in the sh-t pile just as easily as you can find a diamond from the diamond pile.  It's a numbers game.  

You know what turned around the Browns?  3 GM's and 4 HC's in 6 years.  Everyone laughed and called them dysfunctional.  What they were actually doing was smart.  They realized that it's all lotto and in order to increase your chances of hitting a winner you need to buy more tickets.

SAR I

Thanks for your response. You obviously have lots of knowledge and ideas for improving the team. I was a little surprised you didn’t name anyone specifically of all those C and D candidates you allude to. I just wondered who you would plug-in if it were up to you. I’m curious to see if we can make headway and turn a corner as the season goes on. Not ready to write this regime off yet or fly the plane. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

If Zach Wilson were a Miami Dolphin, the JN illuminati would be blasting Rush, funneling Keystone, and howling around a firepit at midnight naked covered in pig blood.

But because he's a Jet, no, he's just having 'rookie moments'.

SAR I

Sounds like a pretty good party! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Come now, we're Jets fans.

When was the last time an early warning sign turned out not to be true?  Can you name 3 Jets players, coaches, or front office staff where we were 1/3 of the way into the season, they looked awful, and then the next season we were like "Whoa! He's not a bust, he's a superstar!"?

SAR I

Did you just upvote your own post? I think that’s the worst thing I ever seen…how marvelous.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

My major positions over the last decade:

6.  Adam Gase is a very good rebuilding head coach, he was able to get a broken and injured roster to not lose focus, not become dysfunctional, act professional, and win games.  We should hold onto him until we're rebuilt and ready to take the next step.

SAR I

1. He was a great defensive head coach. We actually beat the pats with him. He wore out his welcome with the circus act he brought with him 

2. They both sucked. Sparano was part of the incestous way the owners in the afc like to hire each other’s leftovers. 

3. it’s not innovative, it’s stupid. However I can’t blame you for liking it, it was the best years since Pennington where we had some serious winning football. The bucs are the closest thing since that have done that, but they mostly built a team prior to the Brady ajd whomever Brady wanted signings.

4. Sanchez wasn’t great, he was good and he was stunted by Rex. We stunted all our QBs. 

5. Yeah, that sucks 

6.  The team did okay for him that mono year when he won a meaningless seven games after the season was lost. They were also easy games.  He isn’t good at rebuilding he’s good at motivating his guys when the season is LOST, because he’s had a lot of Practice sucking and stunting his team. 

• Upvote 1