***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

20 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So, his quote had facts to support his argument. 

Are you another JD bootlicker because he looks like a meathead? 

On 10/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, Claymation said:

All three drafted a QB, which one is better? Zach has 2 improbable completions for TDs one at 14.1% to Berrios and one to Davis at 20.15%. All within the 1st 5 weeks.

He will eclipse 3500 yards this year as a rookie. Sam has only thrown more than 3000 yards once, Geno has done it once.

Offensive Line - AVT, Becton -  Edoga, Shell - Dozier, Aboushi, Winters

WR/TE - Mims, Moore - Herndon, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Wesco, Peake, Smith - Amaro, Saunders, Evans, Enuwaa

RB- Perine, Carter - Cannon, Maguire - Bohanon

DL - Marshall, Zuniga - Q Williams, Polite, Shepard, Fatukasi, Donahue, Simon, L Williams - Reilly, Richardson

LB - none - Cashman, Lee, Jenkins - Mauldin, George

DB - Carter, Pinnock, Echols, Davis, Hall - Austin, Nickerson, Adams, Maye, Clark, Jones, Burris - Pryor, Mcdougle, Dixon, Millner

UDFA - Guidry, Huff - Anderson - Miles

JD had 2 Drafts, Mac 5 and Idzik 2

I prefer JD by a long shot. A better QB, better OL, Better overall Weapons and like his secondary picks. The only position Mac drafted was the DL. Idzik's drafts were a mess.

I already did it.

Are you going to tell me with a straight face you think Mac was better? Because no person who understands football will agree with you. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The more JD whiffs the more Mac smells better. Lol 

On 10/12/2021 at 5:04 PM, Claymation said:

All three drafted a QB, which one is better? Zach has 2 improbable completions for TDs one at 14.1% to Berrios and one to Davis at 20.15%. All within the 1st 5 weeks.

He will eclipse 3500 yards this year as a rookie. Sam has only thrown more than 3000 yards once, Geno has done it once.

Offensive Line - AVT, Becton -  Edoga, Shell - Dozier, Aboushi, Winters

WR/TE - Mims, Moore - Herndon, Stewart, Hansen, Leggett, Wesco, Peake, Smith - Amaro, Saunders, Evans, Enuwaa

RB- Perine, Carter - Cannon, Maguire - Bohanon

DL - Marshall, Zuniga - Q Williams, Polite, Shepard, Fatukasi, Donahue, Simon, L Williams - Reilly, Richardson

LB - none - Cashman, Lee, Jenkins - Mauldin, George

DB - Carter, Pinnock, Echols, Davis, Hall - Austin, Nickerson, Adams, Maye, Clark, Jones, Burris - Pryor, Mcdougle, Dixon, Millner

UDFA - Guidry, Huff - Anderson - Miles

JD had 2 Drafts, Mac 5 and Idzik 2

I prefer JD by a long shot. A better QB, better OL, Better overall Weapons and like his secondary picks. The only position Mac drafted was the DL. Idzik's drafts were a mess.

Who had better drafts? 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Can anyone right now today, say with a straight face, that JD is a better GM than Mike Maccagnan. 

Looks take a closer look at the same point in each man's tenure with the Jets.

Joe Douglas 3-18 thus far after two full off-seasons, and he had over 10 months to prepare for his first off-season with the Jets in 2020. He inherited a Mike Maccagnan team that would go on to finish 7-9 in 2019. His first draft pick as GM was passing on Tristan Wirfs for Mehki Becton.

Mike Maccagnan 15-17 after two full off-seasons, and he had 3 ½ months to prepare for his first off-season in 2015 with a bunch of cap space for a competitive rebuild. He inherited a 4-12 team from 2014 with Geno Smith as the starting quarterback. His first draft pick was Leonard Williams who's made the Pro Bowl since JD traded him to the Giants. Won executive of the year after his first season with the Jets. 

Concentrating San Antonio Spurs GIF by NBAConcentrating San Antonio Spurs GIF by NBA

How about two straight faces? Yes.

I twisted myself into an Auntie Ann's pretzel trying to convince myself that Maccagnan had a plan. Now because of Maccagnan's failure as a GM, Joe Douglas had to burn it to the ground. Mike Maccagnan had an AWFUL record trying to succeed. Joe Douglas has an awful record trying to repair the damage from the previous GM. The Johnson's signed off on the tank. There is not a chance in hell that the Johnson's would allow a tank without prior approval. JD has set up this team to compete in 2022 and beyond. The offensive line is two pieces away, and not five. We have a QB who will spend the rest of the 2021 developing into the QB that he is capable of being. We have the young coaching staff that this board has been begging for. We have draft capital, and we have spending cash. As for whether or not JD does anything with this bounty in 2022 remains to be seen. However, the question of whether this team is being set up for a chance of success is not really questionable. The key word is chance. I'll admit that this could be an unmitigated disaster, but I'm confident that JD is doing it the right way. 

I'm a Sixers fan, so I understand the tank as well as anyone. The Sixers have fallen a bit short, but it feels great to root for a team that competes and actually has a chance to go all the way. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I don't recall him interviewing with anyone else.

SAR I

Falcons interview Robert Saleh for head coach (atlantafalcons.com)

The Atlanta Falcons interviewed San Francisco 49ers' defensive coordinator Robert Saleh for the head coach position on Monday. The interviewed was conducted remotely.

49ers' Robert Saleh interviews with Jets, Eagles on Wednesday (mercurynews.com)

The Robert Saleh head coaching carousel continued to spin Wednesday as the 49ers defensive coordinator reportedly made a trip to Florida to speak with Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie immediately after his second interview with the Jets.

Saleh, who has now spoken with six of the seven NFL teams seeking new head coaches, was the first finalist for the Jets job to get a second interview. However, considering he left the team’s New Jersey headquarters without the job, there’s no way to know if he’s any closer to leaving the 49ers.

Saleh, though, remains in the running to become the next head coach with the Lions, Jaguars, Chargers or Falcons.
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Browns, Cleveland

3 GM's.  4 HC's.  In 6 years.

Decisive owner.  Can tell when the GM or HC doesn't have it.  Doesn't care that the league will laugh.  Moves on. 

SAR I

Ok, cool.  So if we follow your plan, then the Browns should fire Andrew Berry after the season because his draft picks and FA's suck?

It's been 2 years, he's hit on maybe 10% of his acquisitions.  His drafts have been terrible and has found zero talent out his only 2.  His first pick of his first draft is a Tackle who sucks and plays less than Becton.  His 1st round pick this year is a CB who cant find the field.  All the talent on the Cleveland, was acquired by the prior GM.

So, fire Andrew Berry? 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

If people are going to take a dump on JD for Morgan and Zuniga, they should at least offer a baby wipe for drafting players like Carter one and two. Carter II is starter quality, and Carter One has a floor as 3rd down back, 2nd string RB.

Carter One is averaging 3.4 ypg.....thats less then Gore

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Can anyone right now today, say with a straight face, that JD is a better GM than Mike Maccagnan. 

Looks take a closer look at the same point in each man's tenure with the Jets.

Joe Douglas 3-18 thus far after two full off-seasons, and he had over 10 months to prepare for his first off-season with the Jets in 2020. He inherited a Mike Maccagnan team that would go on to finish 7-9 in 2019. His first draft pick as GM was passing on Tristan Wirfs for Mehki Becton.

Mike Maccagnan 15-17 after two full off-seasons, and he had 3 ½ months to prepare for his first off-season in 2015 with a bunch of cap space for a competitive rebuild. He inherited a 4-12 team from 2014 with Geno Smith as the starting quarterback. His first draft pick was Leonard Williams who's made the Pro Bowl since JD traded him to the Giants. Won executive of the year after his first season with the Jets. 

can you with a straight face say Mac is better? JD drafts have hardly had a chance...

and you got some pair to talk about passing anything when your guy Mac passed on Mahomes and Watson over Adams.. the biggest mistake in Jet GM history. or maybe it was Sam over Allen....

right now there are 5, 2020 draft picks playing with this team or will be.. 

Becton, Mann, Hall, and when he gets a chance Mims will be starters. and Davis who played well last year  is out there now.

who did Mac get in his 1st draft? Leo? the rest were complete busts.

and the 2021 draft is too early to tell but you got AVT and the CBs Carter and Echols playing well. by years end you could be adding Wilson, Moore and RB Carter.

what did Mac do in year 2. draft Darren Lee? Jenkens.. ok but the rest were busts...

Memorable picks from the first 2 years... Hack at 2, Byce at 4, Mouldin.... 

so judging the 1st 2 years its too early for JD but we know Mac was horrible.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

Imagine looking at Joe Douglas’ draft picks and then proclaiming that he is not a (or the) problem. Do people here watch teams other than the Jets? He’s an abomination. Completely unacceptable. Stop settling for last place! 

Dumping Sam for Zach is going to get JD fired.  Just a matter of time

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Nah, if we can grab a 5th we ship em out like hotcakes. JD's entire approach is ****ed

The moment he stops shipping out our good players that means the demolition is over and, well, we can't have that.  Can't actually be building something.  Have to always be tearing it down.

SAR I

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes.  Joe Douglas has been and is a better GM than Mac...

If for no other reason than Douglas has a plan and understands the basic tenet of the league.   Mac was throwing darts at a board.

Come now, Maccagnan was trading away our players and building draft capital and cap space too.  Maccagnan collected picks, traded up to get a quarterback, he picked up free agents, he tried to build the lines.  Douglas is not some NFL savant come to Florham Park to show us the way.  None of his is rocket science.  It's picking players.  That's all it is.

Douglas is just another guy who sold himself to the Johnsons and can't pick players.  Can't do it.  Picks the wrong ones.  Oh, and as an added bonus, probably picked the wrong coaching staff too, you know, because it was sooooo important that the HC report to the GM like "smart" teams do it.  Illuminati Theory #18 I believe, maybe it was #19, I forget.

SAR I

51 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Ok, cool.  So if we follow your plan, then the Browns should fire Andrew Berry after the season because his draft picks and FA's suck?

It's been 2 years, he's hit on maybe 10% of his acquisitions.  His drafts have been terrible and has found zero talent out his only 2.  His first pick of his first draft is a Tackle who sucks and plays less than Becton.  His 1st round pick this year is a CB who cant find the field.  All the talent on the Cleveland, was acquired by the prior GM.

So, fire Andrew Berry? 

No, fire Joe Douglas.

And then bring in another guy who pretends he's ready to be a GM and only act like he deserves the title when he nails back to back drafts and free agency periods.

No need to stand pat with a guy who blew two drafts spectacularly.  That's enough proof that he's not an NFL GM.

SAR I

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, fire Joe Douglas.

And then bring in another guy who pretends he's ready to be a GM and only act like he deserves the title when he nails back to back drafts and free agency periods.

No need to stand pat with a guy who blew two drafts spectacularly.  That's enough proof that he's not an NFL GM.

SAR I

So, just to make sure I understand, if you're Jimmy Haslam, you fire Andrew Berry for blowing two drafts spectacularly?

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

You are dignifying the troll with your response.  As we saw last season, he won't admit his takes are stupid even when faced with overwhelming evidence.  

Like he just did?  lol

I typically ignore his schtick but that particular comment was just so over the top, I couldnt help myself. 

11 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

OMG remember how people OBSSESED over this?! Like if just the coach report to the GM we win a Super Bowl or something lol

Good times....

Holtz_Lou_Jets.jpg

Did you know that the record for fewest wins by a rookie head coach in team history is 3 and it's held by a guy who didn't even last the entire year?

Thinking you're going to want to start a thread on this around, say, Week 16.

SAR I

• Haha 1