***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

58 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok the next time we win; if we do this year, if they aren’t against super bowl contenders I will remind you of that as well. 
What a garbage post. In the NFL a W is a W 

Not only is a W a W, but for the 2019 Jets?  The emasculated injured/diseased mess that Joe Douglas didn't get a chance to "fix" yet with his "brilliant drafting"?

That POS team going 7-9 is an amazing achievement, one of the best coach-'em-up jobs in team history.  If I were into gambling, I'd lay $10,000 that Saleh doesn't get to 7 wins in either 2021 or 2022 and that's with a hand-crafted Joe Douglas team built in his image.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Not only is a W a W, but for the 2019 Jets?  The emasculated injured/diseased mess that Joe Douglas didn't get a chance to "fix" yet with his "brilliant drafting"?

That POS team going 7-9 is an amazing achievement, one of the best coach-'em-up jobs in team history.  If I were into gambling, I'd lay $10,000 that Saleh doesn't get to 7 wins in either 2021 or 2022 and that's with a hand-crafted Joe Douglas team built in his image.

SAR I

Eureka! I now know the problem with Joe Douglas. His image! Fat and sleepy is no model to build a team after!! Thank you SAR I thank you !!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is encouraging because we have a bunch of very winnable games coming up against pretty week competition. Thoroughly looking forward to Saleh going on his own upcoming 6-2 run that we can outright dismiss in a few years. 

If you're searching for a "Saleh can do no wrong" Jets fan, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

But in judging in hindsight later on, it also depends if we just beat a bunch of weak teams as part of some continued growth, or did we just beat some weak teams only to see the team regress back down to the garbage we knew it was once those tomato can opponents weren't the norm. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Ok the next time we win; if we do this year, if they aren’t against super bowl contenders I will remind you of that as well. 

What a garbage post. In the NFL a W is a W 

Losing to an 0-11 team is the reason one can and should factor in strength of opponents instead of mindlessly saying a win is a win. 

Just like the 8-8 2013 Jets weren't as good as a team as the 8-8 2008 Chargers. Only a great fool would attest otherwise.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This is encouraging because we have a bunch of very winnable games coming up against pretty week competition. Thoroughly looking forward to Saleh going on his own upcoming 6-2 run that we can outright dismiss in a few years. 

It's not the 6-2 finish itself that gets dismissed.  It's the lack of carryover to the following season that dismisses it.  Much like Rex Ryan's 8-8 season in 2013 didn't mean d*ck, mostly because that team was outscored by 97 points on the season and then went on to go 4-12 the following year.  Yet some here still fawn over that 2013 season like it was a masterful coaching job.  

I appreciate what Adam Gase did for the franchise from a bigger picture perspective.  I really do.  But he wasn't a good coach.  It's OK to admit this and move on.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's not the 6-2 finish itself that gets dismissed.  It's the lack of carryover to the following season that dismisses it.  Much like Rex Ryan's 8-8 season in 2013 didn't mean d*ck, mostly because that team was outscored by 97 points on the season and then went on to go 4-12 the following year.  Yet some here still fawn over that 2013 season like it was a masterful coaching job.  

I appreciate what Adam Gase did for the franchise from a bigger picture perspective.  I really do.  But he wasn't a good coach.  It's OK to admit this and move on.  

Weirdest Jets season I've ever seen. A nico-esque outlier. Look up "paper tiger" in the dictionary, that Jets team is listed.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Weirdest Jets season I've ever seen. A nico-esque outlier. Look up "paper tiger" in the dictionary, that Jets team is listed.

Yep.  We won that weird game against the Bucs on a roughing the passer out of bounds call.  We got blown out by basically all veteran coaches we went up against (Belichick, Coughlin, Marvin Lewis).  Geno at times looked like he could be something (flashes!) but of course at other times looked like the worst QB to ever play.  

Very strange year.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  We won that weird game against the Bucs on a roughing the passer out of bounds call.  We got blown out by basically all veteran coaches we went up against (Belichick, Coughlin, Marvin Lewis).  Geno at times looked like he could be something (flashes!) but of course at other times looked like the worst QB to ever play.  

Very strange year.

I must admit I hope Geno has a good game or two. Would love the Genoids to re-emerge.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno playing well but Seattle losing largely because of the Jamal Adams-led D would be delicious and still help our draft slot.  That's what I'm rooting for.

Nah, you just want Geno to fail cause you're a hater who wants to be right on a message board

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Losing to an 0-11 team is the reason one can and should factor in strength of opponents instead of mindlessly saying a win is a win. 

Just like the 8-8 2013 Jets weren't as good as a team as the 8-8 2008 Chargers. Only a great fool would attest otherwise.

You can slice the cat a million ways. There are 32 professional teams fighting for a win each Sunday. The jets won 7 of 16 in 2019. 

Hard to see any way we get to 4 wins in a 17 game season this year. That, my friends is not forward progress. 

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If you're searching for a "Saleh can do no wrong" Jets fan, you're barking up the wrong tree. 

But in judging in hindsight later on, it also depends if we just beat a bunch of weak teams as part of some continued growth, or did we just beat some weak teams only to see the team regress back down to the garbage we knew it was once those tomato can opponents weren't the norm. 

Adam Gase also beat two legitimate playoff teams just 10 months ago.

I don't want Adam Gase as our head coach going forward.  I just wanted someone better.  Oops.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You can slice the cat a million ways. There are 32 professional teams fighting for a win each Sunday. The jets won 7 of 16 in 2019. 

Hard to see any way we get to 4 wins in a 17 game season this year. That, my friends is not forward progress. 

We’ll get a bunch of those cheap wins at the end of this year when the teams who thought they might be good this year, but aren’t, start giving up

and we keep playing hard because of the excitement of a new staff, QB, etc, just like the 19 Jets 

36 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

and we keep playing hard because of the excitement of a new staff, QB, etc, just like the 19 Jets 

Can you tell me when we start this “playing hard because of the excitement of a new staff” thing? Because I’d like to set my VCR.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A neg rep for this post, @T0mShane?  Seriously? 

Was it because I mentioned Rex Ryan in the same post?  It was a more than fair comparison.  The 2013 Jets went 8-8 and were outscored by 97 points.  They then went 4-12 the following year.  The 2019 Jets went 7-9 and were outscored by 83 points.  They then went 2-14 the following year.

You're completely out of your mind with the Gase love.  Quit being a big baby about it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A neg rep for this post, @T0mShane?  Seriously? 

Was it because I mentioned Rex Ryan in the same post?  It was a more than fair comparison.  The 2013 Jets went 8-8 and were outscored by 97 points.  They then went 4-12 the following year.  The 2019 Jets went 7-9 and were outscored by 83 points.  They then went 2-14 the following year.

You're completely out of your mind with the Gase love.  Quit being a big baby about it.

Relax. I was driving and needed to use the shorthand for “eat my ass.”

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

4 wins is progress when the Jets won 2 in 2020.  Why does the Gase fan boy club completely dismiss last season's complete disaster?  We didn't go from 2019 to this season.  There was a 2020 season and it was horrific.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Geno playing well but Seattle losing largely because of the Jamal Adams-led D would be delicious and still help our draft slot.  That's what I'm rooting for.

me too. Seattle is 2-3 and hes expect to start the next 3 games. 2-6 would make our draft pick look really good.

i will be rooting for 2 ex Jets to lose this weekend. 

i wonder who has a better game. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

4 wins is progress when the Jets won 2 in 2020.  Why does the Gase fan boy club completely dismiss last season's complete disaster?  We didn't go from 2019 to this season.  There was a 2020 season and it was horrific.  

“4 wins is progress”

Ladies and gentlemen I present exhibit A of why this franchise has a losing culture. So easily satisfied with anything they can clutch on to. 4 wins, 4 wins would make this fan happy. Jesus Christ ?‍♂️ 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

“4 wins is progress”

Ladies and gentlemen I present exhibit A of why this franchise has a losing culture. So easily satisfied with anything they can clutch on to. 4 wins, 4 wins would make this fan happy. Jesus Christ ?‍♂️ 

You are a piece of work. I never said I was satisfied with 4 wins and I have nothing to do with the culture in Florham Park. I’m not part of the team.

It is you who and those like you who contribute to the SOJF mentality. Every game is a referendum. Fire everyone after 5 games. The past is prescient. 7-9 seasons are celebrated. Unbelievable. I just want to play the remaining 12 games before I judge the season. And I don’t celebrate Gase, the worst coach in Jets history. And I want the Jets to build a perennial winning team, not have an occasional wild card playoff team. And I don’t panic every 5 minutes like you - King Chicken Little of Jets fans.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You are a piece of work. It is you who and those like you who contribute to the SOJF mentality. Every game is a referendum. Fire everyone after 5 games. The past is prescient. 7-9 seasons are celebrated. Unbelievable. I just want to play the remaining 12 games before I judge the season. And I don’t celebrate Gase, the worst coach in Jets history.

Never once said Fire Saleh....

JD has had WAY more then 5 games and has proven to be a BAD GM and yes do think he should be fired at the end of the season. Taking his 2019 season out with FULL ROSTER control he has overseen the team in 21 games. We have won 3. That is Kotite era stuff. 

SOJF I am not. I actually want winning football, not a decade of bad football masked in "rebuild" or "tanking" excuse nonsense. I wish you demanded more of your team. To think a fan is happy with 4 wins is just depressing 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

For the record there is no Gase fan club.  Not a single member.

There's one very talented (yet obvious) troll that keeps this board discussing non-sense.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Never once said Fire Saleh....

JD has had WAY more then 5 games and has proven to be a BAD GM and yes do think he should be fired at the end of the season. Taking his 2019 season out with FULL ROSTER control he has overseen the team in 21 games. We have won 3. That is Kotite era stuff. 

SOJF I am not. I actually want winning football, not a decade of bad football masked in "rebuild" or "tanking" excuse nonsense. I wish you demanded more of your team. To think a fan is happy with 4 wins is just depressing 

so 21 games is enough to get him fired? his 2nd draft had just played 5 games. can we give those guys a full year?

thats the problem with this fan base, they want success yesterday. 

the 2020 draft could have 5 out of 9 players for us. will any be All Pros? not now but maybe Becton later on. but they can be good solid starters for us. thats over 50%. and Hall is already a very good CB

and 2021 has already has AVT, CB Carter and Echols playing really well. Wilson, Moore and RB Carter need a little more time.

and his pickups like Quincy William and JFM have been studs. and Huff has played well too.

he has made mistakes too, but to call him a BAD GM without giving these draft picks more time is not right.

i guess you werent in agreement when the rest of this board said this season is about development and not wins. 

i want want wins too but i think its crazy to expect that from a rookie QB. Justin Herberts are a very rare thing for rookie QBs. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2021 at 1:26 PM, SAR I said:

Adam Gase also beat two legitimate playoff teams just 10 months ago.

I don't want Adam Gase as our head coach going forward.  I just wanted someone better.  Oops.

SAR I

I'm starting meetings at my house for people who have  OCD.

I don't have  OCD, i'm just hoping they'll take one Look and start cleaning my house.