***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS (and SAR I silly propaganda) THREAD

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

just getting a head start here. Like getting on board with bitcoin at $5. 

I made the t-shirt.  Who's covering the plane and the billboard? SAR I

Who needs free agents when we're drafting guys like Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuniga, James Morgan and Cameron Clark?  

Posted Images

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They could fire Douglas based solely off of the decision to tie Zack Wilson’s future to a clearly overmatched 33 year old rookie OC

Wait til Zach Wilson sucks next year with a new OC

• Thumb Down 1
2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A franchise felled by the loss of the “highly rated” Greg Knapp.

You said a few posts earlier that Douglas should be fired for tying Wilson to a young inexperienced OC.  Jet Nut merely pointed out that Douglas also hired an experienced QB coach (passing coordinator) to develop Wilson.  He was just illustrating why your conclusion was wrong without ascribing anything more to Knapp.  

By the way, Knapp was highly regarded.  Sorry the Knapp hiring doesn't fit your narrative.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I get you and I'm not even arguing that point.  Zach has to be better.

I was just pointing out that it's a question worth asking.  Could LeFleur's youth and inexperience be part of the problem with not helping to slow down that game sooner?

As I said I don't know that answer to that.

With that said, I do tend to agree with you - that ZW would be having the same or similar problems with any OC.  It's just a matter of repetition and getting comfortable - reps and time on the field is the only thing that's going to help ZW.  Maybe having some playmakers making his job a little easier might expedite the process.

I believe the Jets talent level on offense, across the board, is the far bigger culprit here than the OC.

Totally agree. It may seem like I am happy with LaFleur, or that I think that he is doing a good job. He does leave a lot to be desired, but I am not sure how many first time OCs knock it out of the park from day one. 

It's an unpopular thought, but this year is about developing everyone from the head coach down. I knew going in that this season was going to be painful to watch with occasional happy moments. I don't necessarily agree with developing everyone at the same time, but it's not something this organization has tried before, and I'm open to seeing how it develops. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Totally agree. It may seem like I am happy with LaFleur, or that I think that he is doing a good job. He does leave a lot to be desired, but I am not sure how many first time OCs knock it out of the park from day one. 

It's an unpopular thought, but this year is about developing everyone from the head coach down. I knew going in that this season was going to be painful to watch with occasional happy moments. I don't necessarily agree with developing everyone at the same time, but it's not something this organization has tried before, and I'm open to seeing how it develops. 

Agree 100%!

We are where we are with the full blown youth movement and this is what we should be expecting.  

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

3-18*

*Rebuilding an awful roster from previous GM.

Wrong wrong wrong 

that was 2019 when we won 7 games 

stop inventing sh*t to make your own false narrative. 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Wrong wrong wrong 

that was 2019 when we won 7 games 

stop inventing sh*t to make your own false narrative. 

Correct. You are wrong. The previous GM was awful. You somehow think that 7 wins is good, and that doesn't reflect well on you. 

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Correct. You are wrong. The previous GM was awful. You somehow think that 7 wins is good, and that doesn't reflect well on you. 

namathjmg.jpg

SAR I

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I have to agree with the Assman here. 

page wwe GIF

The Fire JD crowd is running out of ex-Jets to turn to as reasons to fire him.

Fear not, guys.  Chris Herndon caught a TD today!

Oh, and Leonard Williams had 1.5 sacks!  In a 38-11 loss to the Rams, but still!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Watching red zone is depressing 

this roster is hot garbage 

This team has no identity, no threatening player opponents fear 

the overall strategy seems to be to bilk the Johnson’s out of money 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
17 hours ago, Larz said:

Watching red zone is depressing 

this roster is hot garbage 

This team has no identity, no threatening player opponents fear 

the overall strategy seems to be to bilk the Johnson’s out of money 

The average score of an NFL team that won this weekend was 30 points.

The Jets have not scored 30 points in an NFL game since December 2019.

SAR I

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Fire JD crowd is running out of ex-Jets to turn to as reasons to fire him.

Fear not, guys.  Chris Herndon caught a TD today!

Oh, and Leonard Williams had 1.5 sacks!  In a 38-11 loss to the Rams, but still!

The keep Joe crowd is basing it on demanded offset language from Zach.  Bold move.

19 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The keep Joe crowd is basing it on demanded offset language from Zach.  Bold move.

The Keep Joe crowd is giving Douglas every excuse in the book and every benefit of every doubt, and meanwhile these same people wanted to run Maccagnan out of town for accomplishing more and the crime of creating a team with a better record.

There isn't a single player on the Jets that would start for the Top 25 teams in the NFL.  That's on Joe Douglas.  He cleaned house years ago.  He's run the last 2 drafts and the last 2.5 free agency periods.  Every player on this roster is here because he wanted him to be.  And we are 3-18 headed to 3-30 as a result.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

There isn't a single player on the Jets that would start for the Top 25 teams in the NFL.

Davis started as the #2 WR for the 11-5 playoff Titans last year.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The Keep Joe crowd is giving Douglas every excuse in the book and every benefit of every doubt, and meanwhile these same people wanted to run Maccagnan out of town for accomplishing more and the crime of creating a team with a better record.

There isn't a single player on the Jets that would start for the Top 25 teams in the NFL.  That's on Joe Douglas.  He cleaned house years ago.  He's run the last 2 drafts and the last 2.5 free agency periods.  Every player on this roster is here because he wanted him to be.  And we are 3-18 headed to 3-30 as a result.

SAR I

I do not know how ANYONE could disagree with the math. Good post.

• Post of the Week 1
9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Ranked 29th in passing yards, 31st in rushing yards, 31st yards per game. An incompetent GM and coach could do better. At some point, we must measure results.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s the urgency for me. Nightmare off season for injuries and all he does is bring in Lawson, who is invisible 

Joe “you can’t really expect us to win this year “ Douglas 

30 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Ranked 29th in passing yards, 31st in rushing yards, 31st yards per game. At some point, we must measure results.  

I'm quite sure we're all measuring results.

But JD's future isn't up to us.

I appreciate it's a Fan's lot to sturm un drang about demanding firings, but it might be helpful for the overall discourse if folks accepted/realized that their preferred firings simply aren't going to happen in the timeline they prefer.

Since we are assuredly "stuck" with Saleh/JD for, at minimum, the rest of this year and most likely at least this year and next (2022), is there much of a point to all this?

We all know we suck.  We were 32nd/32nd in offense last year, we're 32nd/31st now this year.  

I've often been decried as overly negative, but honestly, why not just hope they improve the rest of this season?  If they don't, we'll have an entire offseason to keen about firings.  We're 1-4, with 12 games left to go, and likely 2 years before any change will occur.  It's going to be a very long two years at this rate, the way a section of the fanbase is currently pitchfork & torch'ing on a weekly basis.

• Post of the Week 1
9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I appreciate it's a Fan's lot to sturm un drang about demanding firings, but it might be helpful for the overall discourse if folks accepted/realized that their preferred firings simply aren't going to happen in the timeline they prefer.

Since we are assuredly "stuck" with Saleh/JD for, at minimum, the rest of this year and most likely at least this year and next (2022), is there much of a point to all this?

We all know we suck.  We were 32nd/32nd in offense last year, we're 32nd/31st now this year.  

I've often been decried as overly negative, but honestly, why not just hope they improve the rest of this season?  If they don't, we'll have an entire offseason to keen about firings.  We're 1-4, with 12 games left to go, and likely 2 years before any change will occur.  It's going to be a very long two years at this rate, the way a section of the fanbase is currently pitchfork & torch'ing on a weekly basis.

Jeez... on your soap box????   I simply am stating that in the 3rd year, a GM should have better results.  We are almost DEAD last.   I wouldn't fire him yet, BUT I respect all the negativity. It is well deserved.  I made NO mention of Saleh. This is about JD.

• Post of the Week 1
6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I made NO mention of Saleh. This is about JD.

Right, some people keep saying "fire everyone after 5 games" No, but in 3 YEARS I expect to be not worse then we were 3 YEARS ago....

Saleh will get his evaluation period, but I seen enough of JD. Thats not "knee jerk"

18 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Some in the fanbase will complain about the life preserver you threw to them while they were drowning and then you will get sued by @SAR I . Forget about being patient in any way shape or form.

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Jeez... on your soap box????

No more so than you.

I simply am stating that in the 3rd year, a GM should have better results.

Yes*.

(*2nd year)

I respect all the negativity. It is well deserved.

Yes.

However, as noted, no one is going to be fired any time soon, and certainly not this year or this coming offseason.  So what is the point of all the negativity?

I'd offer up an alternate idea:  Maybe fans should be patient for a while, and see where the team actually goes this year, given the circumstances.

They'll be more than enough time in the offseason for the usual chorus of demands for immediate firings and instant change or else....

I made NO mention of Saleh. This is about JD.

Sorry mate, they come as a pair now. 

When JD goes, his hand-picked Coach and staff is likely going with him.

18 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Right, some people keep saying "fire everyone after 5 games" No, but in 3 YEARS I expect to be not worse then we were 3 YEARS ago....

Saleh will get his evaluation period, but I seen enough of JD. Thats not "knee jerk"

If we're talking about "3 YEARS" you already got two pounds of flesh.

The 2019 Jets were built near-exclusively by Macc and Gase, and both were fired for it.

The 2020 and 2021 Jets were built by JD, and so far, have been pretty horrible through a full season + 5 games.

But I'll repeat myself:  JD will not be fired because you think he should. 

So do you plan to just scream at the trees every week for the next 12 weeks, making post after post about how JD should be fired?  

And then, when he isn't fired (and he won't be), do you hope to post week after week next year about how he should be fired?

That seems like a pretty miserable experience to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Davis started as the #2 WR for the 11-5 playoff Titans last year.

And they let him walk.  Jamal Adams was a Pro Bowler, didya hear?

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

This is where you and I part.  Mac deserved to get fired based on results.  Joe Douglas has fielded a sh*t team for 2 straight years.  Not just a sh*t team a boring unwatchable team.  It's not even entertaining.  

I'm not advocating firing him.  I just don't see the point of defending his record because...If he turns it around he gets to keep his job.  If he doesn't see you later.  There is no defending it's simply excuse making.   If he was winning with the youngest roster in football or sucked less with the youngest roster in football nobody would be defending him.  His defense would be actual results.  His defence right now is simply excuses.

We have the youngest team because that's what Joe Douglas put on the roster.  We have a rookie HC who comes from the defensive side when we drafted a QB at 2 because Joe Douglas did it.  We have a rookie OC who believes in a system regardless of the talent because he's the HC BFF.  

Granted what happened to Knapp was horrible but that happenend before the season.  They have had plenty of time to make other arrangements that might have been better for the development of there self picked QB who they want to lift.  

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Ranked 29th in passing yards, 31st in rushing yards, 31st yards per game. An incompetent GM and coach could do better. At some point, we must measure results.  

DRBUST.jpg

This looks pretty objective to me.  Maybe I was too generous to Ashtyn Davis.

SAR I

48 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Jeez... on your soap box????   I simply am stating that in the 3rd year, a GM should have better results.  We are almost DEAD last.   I wouldn't fire him yet, BUT I respect all the negativity. It is well deserved.  I made NO mention of Saleh. This is about JD.

30 Months on the Job

31st in Yards Per Game

3% in Draft Hit Rate

$7M in Salary Received

3 Wins

SAR I

• Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Forget about being patient in any way shape or form.

Patient?  Patient?

LOL, this is the fanbase that flew planes, bought billboards, and picketed in front of Florham Park demanding Adam Gase's ousting after 4 games.  4 games!  And you want to give this useless GM who can't pick an apple off a tree 4 years?!?!

I would laugh if it weren't so painful.

SAR I

25 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This is where you and I part.  Mac deserved to get fired based on results.  Joe Douglas has fielded a sh*t team for 2 straight years.  Not just a sh*t team a boring unwatchable team.  It's not even entertaining.  

I'm not advocating firing him.  I just don't see the point of defending his record because...If he turns it around he gets to keep his job.  If he doesn't see you later.  There is no defending it's simply excuse making.   If he was winning with the youngest roster in football or sucked less with the youngest roster in football nobody would be defending him.  His defense would be actual results.  His defence right now is simply excuses.

We have the youngest team because that's what Joe Douglas put on the roster.  We have a rookie HC who comes from the defensive side when we drafted a QB at 2 because Joe Douglas did it.  We have a rookie OC who believes in a system regardless of the talent because he's the HC BFF.  

Granted what happened to Knapp was horrible but that happenend before the season.  They have had plenty of time to make other arrangements that might have been better for the development of there self picked QB who they want to lift.  

The New York Jets went from quarterbackless semi-rebuild to back-to-back AFC Championship Games by overspending on free agents and filling holes with known, star NFL players.

The Cleveland Browns went from league joke to contender by going through 3 GM's and 3 HC's in 6 years.  

The Miami Dolphins are in the Long Game and look worse now than they did before they hired Grier and Flores.  

I don't know what the right way to go is, but I know that if you're playing the Long Game then you need a GM with a great hit rate and Joe Douglas isn't that guy. 

What I respect about the Browns is that they recognized their league joke status and didn't give a damn about the perception of a revolving door of GM's and HC's.  They instead embraced it, and just plowed through the flawed C and D candidates they attracted until they found good ones.

SAR I

• slats changed the title to ***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS (and SAR I silly propaganda) THREAD