***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

15 minutes ago, Biggs said:

We have a rookie OC who believes in a system regardless of the talent because he's the HC BFF.  

This is conjecture. Other than what you think is true, what supports your assertion? 

17 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Granted what happened to Knapp was horrible but that happenend before the season.  They have had plenty of time to make other arrangements that might have been better for the development of there self picked QB who they want to lift.  

Good coaches are working for another team. They absolutely did not have plenty of time to find a replacement. They brought in Cavanaugh as a stop gap for the loss of Knapp. There is a happy medium for the affect of having an assistant coach pass away during training camp. While it's not the ultimate excuse for failure, his loss had a rippling effect. He was brought in to help develop a rookie QB and OC. There will be some short term affects of having a guy who was brought in to help you dying tragically right before the season starts.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is conjecture. Other than what you think is true, what supports your assertion? 

Good coaches are working for another team. They absolutely did not have plenty of time to find a replacement. They brought in Cavanaugh as a stop gap for the loss of Knapp. There is a happy medium for the affect of having an assistant coach pass away during training camp. While it's not the ultimate excuse for failure, his loss had a rippling effect. He was brought in to help develop a rookie QB and OC. There will be some short term affects of having a guy who was brought in to help you dying tragically right before the season starts.

How many times do you have to hear were running the Shanahan system before you believe them?  They had the balls to say they benched Mims because he didn't know the system.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Biggs said:

How many times do you have to hear were running the Shanahan system before you believe them?  They had the balls to say they benched Mims because he didn't know the system.

How many times has JD, Saleh, and LaFleur said that we are running the Shanahan system vs the media and posters on this board? 

Mims is not Jerry Rice or Fred Biletnikoff. He doesn't transcend the game, and you do not evolve your playbook around a 2nd round pick that not even the GM wanted when he was first available. Mims has talent, and I won't argue that, but this guy doesn't have a bust waiting for him in Canton just yet. When you are installing a new system, there are some players who do not fit the system. When you're rebuilding, you tailor the system around the majority of the players, not just one. I applaud a coaching staff that doesn't let the lunatics run the asylum. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Good coaches.  This is the NFL brotherhood.  There are good coaches all over the country.  There are retired coaches all over the country and there are veteran QB's all over the country.  

Conjecture.  This isn't conjecture they failed to lift Zach and he's floundering right now.  

29 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Patient?  Patient?

LOL, this is the fanbase that flew planes, bought billboards, and picketed in front of Florham Park demanding Adam Gase's ousting after 4 games.  4 games!  And you want to give this useless GM who can't pick an apple off a tree 4 years?!?!

I would laugh if it weren't so painful.

SAR I

Patient with Wilson, do you think the Jets are going to change their structure they just put in place with Saleh and Douglas any time soon. I don’t. I am not at all happy with Douglas and some of his decisions. It’s week 6. Rebuild started when Saleh came in, Jets were straight shoveling the old sh*t out the door. They said it themselves, culture change,  they have a plan and whether you, I, or anybody else likes it, it doesn’t matter. I am not advocating or condemning Douglas, just making a point. Make all the BS Memes you want, he will be here for longer than you think. It is what it is. 

25 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

How many times has JD, Saleh, and LaFleur said that we are running the Shanahan system vs the media and posters on this board? 

Mims is not Jerry Rice or Fred Biletnikoff. He doesn't transcend the game, and you do not evolve your playbook around a 2nd round pick that not even the GM wanted when he was first available. Mims has talent, and I won't argue that, but this guy doesn't have a bust waiting for him in Canton just yet. When you are installing a new system, there are some players who do not fit the system. When you're rebuilding, you tailor the system around the majority of the players, not just one. I applaud a coaching staff that doesn't let the lunatics run the asylum. 

If he's not running the Shanahan system, the only system he knows is he running the Davidson O he ran as OC and went 0 and 11?

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Right, some people keep saying "fire everyone after 5 games" No, but in 3 YEARS I expect to be not worse then we were 3 YEARS ago....

Saleh will get his evaluation period, but I seen enough of JD. Thats not "knee jerk"

The NFL is about quarterbacking, primarily. Look at the teams that are all doing “well”. They have, by and large, top tier quarterbacks. It is a pretty simple formula.

None of know what Zach Wilson will be. Certainly, no one on this board. 5 games, is nothing. What becomes of Zach Wilson, will be what becomes of the Jets. It is the largest downfall of the NFL in todays game The over reliant nature on one position. 

Hopefully, we have a much better sense as the year draws to a close. To make pronouncements, like some are, is a fool’s paradise. 

Carry on.

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Good coaches.  This is the NFL brotherhood.  There are good coaches all over the country.  There are retired coaches all over the country and there are veteran QB's all over the country.

Give me a list of good coaches who are not already on a staff. Then tell me why they are not on a staff.

Retired coaches are retired, so no use calling them. Which QBs are available?

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This isn't conjecture they failed to lift Zach and he's floundering right now.  

Address your original point and stop moving the goal post. 

"We have a rookie OC who believes in a system regardless of the talent because he's the HC BFF."

What are you basing this on? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

If he's not running the Shanahan system, the only system he knows is he running the Davidson O he ran as OC and went 0 and 11?

Answer my question, and then I'll answer yours. How many times has JD, Saleh, and LaFleur said that we are running the Shanahan system vs the media and posters on this board? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

No more so than you.

Yes*.

(*2nd year)

Yes.

However, as noted, no one is going to be fired any time soon, and certainly not this year or this coming offseason.  So what is the point of all the negativity?

I'd offer up an alternate idea:  Maybe fans should be patient for a while, and see where the team actually goes this year, given the circumstances.

They'll be more than enough time in the offseason for the usual chorus of demands for immediate firings and instant change or else....

Sorry mate, they come as a pair now. 

When JD goes, his hand-picked Coach and staff is likely going with him.

Says who they come as a pair???  I am quite patient.  I am simply defending the rights of fans who after 3 years of JD, who PROVE he is far below average, that they have basis.

Youre a Mets fan correct??? Oh that’s right, you abandoned them for the NATS.  ? Kidding.   

I give JD another FULL year but he has shown NOTHING on bringing in talent go even be near competitive.  A computer could have done better.  

26 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The NFL is about quarterbacking, primarily. Look at the teams that are all doing “well”. They have, by and large, top tier quarterbacks. It is a pretty simple formula.

None of know what Zach Wilson will be. Certainly, no one on this board. 5 games, is nothing. What becomes of Zach Wilson, will be what becomes of the Jets. It is the largest downfall of the NFL in todays game The over reliant nature on one position. 

Hopefully, we have a much better sense as the year draws to a close. To make pronouncements, like some are, is a fool’s paradise. 

Carry on.

And JD neglected the Oline….  

19 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Give me a list of good coaches who are not already on a staff. Then tell me why they are not on a staff.

Retired coaches are retired, so no use calling them. Which QBs are available?

Address your original point and stop moving the goal post. 

"We have a rookie OC who believes in a system regardless of the talent because he's the HC BFF."

There are thousands of good coaches at the High school and College level who would die for a top job on an NFL D.  

Retired coaches can come out of retirenment they can even consult. 

You are full of excuses.   This is simply a continuation of the excuses.  I'm sorry this conjecture you keep talking about is simply me watching the results.  You're making excuses which is pure conjecture and aren't in the lest bit tethererd to results.  

Since I can't win an argument that isn't somewhat tethered to reality I'll let you keep making excuses.  

This entire thread was started as an excuse.  What was the excuse for exactly?  Keep your eye on the ball.  These guys put a No. 2 pick out and have let him get slaughtered.   He's a guy with huge talent who can't complete a 5 yard pass he's been so ****ed with by this staff.   Mac Jones is slinging the ball all over the field with a below average roster many of his recievers aren't as good as guys we have riding the pine.  

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Says who they come as a pair???

I do?  But ultimately, I think Woody will.

I am quite patient.  I am simply defending the rights of fans who after 3 years of JD, who PROVE he is far below average, that they have basis.

As a man of numbers, you know as well as I do it's not "three years".  

The criticism is legit, so don't hyperbolize it for effect.  JD had very little to do with the team we fielded in 2019.  2020 and 2021 is on him.

Youre a Mets fan correct??? Oh that’s right, you abandoned them for the NATS.  ? Kidding.

Lol.  I was......when I was 11.  When I came back to Baseball in my 40's, dragged by my wife, she got to make the call who we rooted for, happily, the soon-to-be-World Series winning home team!  LOL!  Good timing that one.

I give JD another FULL year but he has shown NOTHING on bringing in talent go even be near competitive.  A computer could have done better.  

Maybe. 

I'd say our overall roster talent is meaningfully higher than it was under Gase/Macc, even if the on-field results haven't quite showed it as yet.  

As you say, results on the field are what count, so being better on paper isn't enough.  I just keep coming back to this:  no one is going to be fired now, so why not try and be positive, root on JD's picks this year, hope we get better instead of spending all that energy presuming they won't.  I guess I also just don't know what folks expected from a rookie HC, OCo and QB at this point.  Seems to me they're right where some of us expected, literally.   /shrug.  I guess it's cool tho, I'm not currently JN's resident Eoyore, at least for now, lol.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There are thousands of good coaches at the High school and College level who would die for a top job on an NFL D.  

In other words, you don't have an answer. You just want to make assertions and not back them up. Name ONE coach that was available to start a new job the week after Greg Knapp was killed. 

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They can also stay retired because they retired for a reason. Retired coaches do not want to come to develop a rookie HC and rookie QB. 

6 minutes ago, Biggs said:

You are full of excuses.   This is simply a continuation of the excuses.  I'm sorry this conjecture you keep talking about is simply me watching the results.  You're making excuses which is pure conjecture and aren't in the lest bit tethererd to results.  

List the excuses I have made. You simply refuse to answer a SIMPLE question, and you project that onto me. 

10 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Since I can't win an argument that isn't somewhat tethered to reality I'll let you keep making excuses.  

You're not going to win an argument if you avoid answering questions and then changing the topic to avoid answering simple questions. 

12 minutes ago, Biggs said:

This entire thread was started as an excuse.  What was the excuse for exactly?  Keep your eye on the ball.  These guys put a No. 2 pick out and have let him get slaughtered.   He's a guy with huge talent who can't complete a 5 yard pass he's been so ****ed with by this staff.   Mac Jones is slinging the ball all over the field with a below average roster many of his recievers aren't as good as guys we have riding the pine.  

I've actually watched all 5 games. He is not being slaughtered. The protection could be better, but he is not getting hit or hurried at a ridiculous rate. You are correct that he cannot complete a 5 yard pass because he keeps throwing it at the receiver's feet. Mac Jones is slinging the ball all over the field? Now I know you don't watch football. 

I'll be waiting for your non-answers and more moving the goalpost. 

• Haha 1

The only issue I have with JD so far is he failed to get Wilson a real supporting cast of receivers/tight ends for this season. That was inexcusable. This should have been accomplished in free agency/trade market.

So far his drafts have been OK. But it's too soon to judge. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

On 10/17/2021 at 12:57 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Correct. You are wrong. The previous GM was awful. You somehow think that 7 wins is good, and that doesn't reflect well on you. 

7 wins, the SAR world where you win games at the end of the season when Big Ben and Rudolph both are out of the lineup, the Bills when all the starters are rested for the playoffs and a bad Dolphins team 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, rox said:

"Joe Douglas’ decision to trade Jamal Adams to the Seahawks looks better and better every time he takes the field."

....  https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/19/new-york-jets-jamal-adams-trade-seattle-seahawks-2022-nfl-draft/

Trading away your best players only works if their replacements are better.   

This is a bad trade right now.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

So far we traded him and a third for AVT. He’s improving weekly. And we still have another potential top 15 pick coming, hopefully also to bolster the OL. Not a terrible swap so far. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

But you are wrong our total jag safeties are better than jamal right now.

This was a monumental heist by the jets regardless of if jamal was good or not, safety is one of the easiest positions to deal fill on a football team.

If you want to look at stupid trades you look at ob'rien trading hopkins for junk or bill bellichick trading one of the best pass rusherz of the last 10 years for a bust guard and a 2nd rounder

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Wit said:

So far we traded him and a third for AVT. He’s improving weekly. And we still have another potential top 15 pick coming, hopefully also to bolster the OL. Not a terrible swap so far. 

Jamal was a bowling ball with knives on the pass rush.

Guard is the least important position on the offense.  Carter looks weak.  Douglas sucks with first rounders.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But you are wrong our total jag safeties are better than jamal right now.

This was a monumental heist by the jets regardless of if jamal was good or not, safety is one of the easiest positions to deal fill on a football team.

If you want to look at stupid trades you look at ob'rien trading hopkins for junk or bill bellichick trading one of the best pass rusherz of the last 10 years for a bust guard and a 2nd rounder

Jamal wasn't some mediocre box safety.  He was a pass rushing playmaking monster.  They said he wouldn't be a good fit in Seattle.  They were right.  Doesn't mean he wasn't a good fit in New Jersey.

I get the cap implications, I get that accumulating draft capital is paramount.  But in the end, we lost the one guy that opposing OC's feared and gameplanned around and picked up a friggin' guard.

SAR I

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 10/18/2021 at 4:58 PM, Biggs said:

You can't be serious right now,... High school coaches? Wow... just wow

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jamal was a bowling ball with knives on the pass rush.

Guard is the least important position on the offense.  Carter looks weak.  Douglas sucks with first rounders.

SAR I

And safety is the most important position???  You really are getting worse at this.

• Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jamal wasn't some mediocre box safety.  He was a pass rushing playmaking monster.  They said he wouldn't be a good fit in Seattle.  They were right.  Doesn't mean he wasn't a good fit in New Jersey.

I get the cap implications, I get that accumulating draft capital is paramount.  But in the end, we lost the one guy that opposing OC's feared and gameplanned around and picked up a friggin' guard.

SAR I

Wait so we drafted a QB and correctly picked a stud O LINE instead of overpaying a safety because he can be used in some packages at a DE??? ahahahahahahahahahah

moving the flag post so far into the distance it’s hard to see where ya started.