Jump to content

***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS (and SAR I silly propaganda) THREAD


freestater
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Wit said:

Wait so we drafted a QB and correctly picked a stud O LINE instead of overpaying a safety because he can be used in some packages at a DE??? ahahahahahahahahahah

 

moving the flag post so far into the distance it’s hard to see where ya started. 

We are 3-18 since Jamal left town headed to 3-30.  There is nothing to laugh at except Jets fans who follow the pied piper GM as he gleefully helps us destroy ourselves.  

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Jamal wasn't some mediocre box safety.  He was a pass rushing playmaking monster.  They said he wouldn't be a good fit in Seattle.  They were right.  Doesn't mean he wasn't a good fit in New Jersey.
I get the cap implications, I get that accumulating draft capital is paramount.  But in the end, we lost the one guy that opposing OC's feared and gameplanned around and picked up a friggin' guard.
SAR I


A probowl guard is wayyyyy more valuable than a mediocre friggen box safety with a big mouth. Look at how Faneca changed our running game. AVT will be that guy. Safeties don’t win games. Unless they are Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed. Road gater guards in 4th quarter when your running out the clock do. Not a good fit in Seattle? Guess again… Kam Chancellor made a career on big hits and changing games in Seattle. Jamal is not that Not even close and he’s expected to be just that. He’s a primadonna living off his draft status.




Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

He wasn’t a traditional safety.  He was a situational pass rusher.  He was a Pro Bowler.  

SAR I

 

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are 3-18 since Jamal left town headed to 3-30.  There is nothing to laugh at except Jets fans who follow the pied piper GM as he gleefully helps us destroy ourselves.  

SAR I

Hey, you can keep skipping to your other arguments when new ones don’t work. I’ll remember that Jamal is a “bowling ball with knives” for a while. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

We are 3-18 since Jamal left town headed to 3-30.  There is nothing to laugh at except Jets fans who follow the pied piper GM as he gleefully helps us destroy ourselves.  

SAR I

no paying a safety 72 mil is a MAC move.

your the one following a bad GM.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FIRE SALAH NOW # HASHTAG FIRE SLAEH NOW. This dude is Gase w/ a muslim name, no difference. Has no idea of offense and the defense was already good. Wilson has regressed from Pre season (nevermind College) Zac has taken more steps backwards in a month than his whole life.

WE/JETS are wasting our time w/ Saleh... Douglass, eh, he's 50/50, but not the problem on the field, SALEH is. NO CLUE offensively.

Just watch "his" play calling, there's no plan, it's like we played 2 hand touch in the streets - we'd draw up a play on the spot, just like the jets.

FIRE SALEH and HIRE SEAN PAYTON ...SOMEHOW!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wut? You so silly! Yeah he was ok when Greg Williams protected him, he still prayed   on garbage time picks and was dominate against bad teams. None of that mattered, he wanted to go play for  a contender, he did and when they tried to play him like a safety he is one of the worst in the league at it.

He’s only a monster pass rusher when he can run unabated to the qb. I recently read an article that said he’d be much better at rushing  the passer if they lined  him up with a D end  so the end can occupy the block and “free Jamal up to rush!” Haha, kinda hard to find a player who wouldn’t be.

Bottom line is the Seahawks defense is worse with him out there, but you want is to believe ours would be better? Dude! Guy was playing for the big pay day and got it, enough of this Jamal Adams sh*t. We’ve heard the last of him as anything other than another guy getting paid and collecting checks. 

Yes, sleepy Joes draft picks blow, no argument, but his attempts to build the O line ate 100% what needs to be done. Tell me how useless interior lineman are as we watched Cleveland’s line carry a back up QB, and two no name RBs to victory. Just because Joe Douglas doesn’t draft well it doesn’t mean dumping Jamal was the wrong move. Never mind draft capital, guy quit after getting paid, you would think we all learned our lessons on that by now. Shame on you! 

True   ^^

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Wit said:

Hey, you can keep skipping to your other arguments when new ones don’t work. I’ll remember that Jamal is a “bowling ball with knives” for a while. 

When Joe Douglas replaces his pass rush, when Joe Douglas replaces how OC's had to gameplan against him, then I'll agree with the General Manager 101 professors who say that trading away our best players was smart.

Until then, all Joe Douglas did was weaken the team and please draftniks who are into college boys.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, doitny said:

no paying a safety 72 mil is a MAC move.

your the one following a bad GM.

No playmakers.  No player that opposing OC's or DC's have to gameplan around.  What they cost doesn't matter; you hold onto your talent, especially if its homegrown.  All we keep doing is developing a scant handful of players and then show them the door.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Bottom line is the Seahawks defense is worse with him out there, but you want is to believe ours would be better? Dude! Guy was playing for the big pay day and got it, enough of this Jamal Adams sh*t. We’ve heard the last of him as anything other than another guy getting paid and collecting checks. 

Wait.

So when Tannehill leaves Gase as a weak quarterback and becomes a good quarterback in Tennessee, that's logical but when Jamal leaves New Jersey as a Pro Bowler and becomes a mediocre safety elsewhere, that's who he is?

Different players thrive in different situations and different systems.  Whatever we did in New Jersey made Jamal Adams a Pro Bowler, a gamechanger, and someone that opponents had to gameplan around.  Who cares that he sucks in Seattle?  He didn't suck here.  And what did we get?  A guard?  LOL.  A shrimp running back?  Another first rounder for Douglas to blow next year?  No thanks.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wait.

So when Tannehill leaves Gase as a weak quarterback and becomes a good quarterback in Tennessee, that's logical but when Jamal leaves New Jersey as a Pro Bowler and becomes a mediocre safety elsewhere, that's who he is?

Different players thrive in different situations and different systems.  Whatever we did in New Jersey made Jamal Adams a Pro Bowler, a gamechanger, and someone that opponents had to gameplan around.  Who cares that he sucks in Seattle?  He didn't suck here.  And what did we get?  A guard?  LOL.  A shrimp running back?  Another first rounder for Douglas to blow next year?  No thanks.

SAR I

Why are you blaming Gase for Tannehil? Adam did the best he could with a pretty talent poor team in Miami, just like in NY. Poor dude can’t catch a break. 
 

Tannehil went to a talent rich team that was ready to be a contender with the right QB. He made a very good team a contender. That’s what impact players do. 
 

Jamal left a bottom 5 team that happen to have a master defensive coordinator in Greg Willians who knew exactly how to use him. Similar to how Rex created “ Revis Island” allowing the gifted Revis to have historically good couple seasons. Both those players were well served by guys that knew how to get the most out of them. Difference? Revis went in to win a Super bowl and Jamal is literally making Seattle worse and having as bad a season as any   safety in the league. Mediocre? OMG  can just pinch you sometimes!

100% what Greg  Williams did made Jamal a Pro Bowler and All pro. Matter of fact when Seattle sold out their defense last year to bolster Jamal’s sacks to justify that hideous trade they accomplish same thing. Jamal can be very good as long as the defense doesn’t actually need him to do his job. Key to success is let him rush passer unabated to the passer or let him cover The guy least likely guy to get the ball thrown to him like Williams did. 
 

We got a rookie guard on a pro bowl pace by actually doing the job he was drafted to do. We got a shrimp running back that will be a lot less shrimply once the line is done. Look at what the #1 line in NFL did last night for  a guy who had a 40 in the offensive lineman range last night. You build your offense in the trenches. Sorry honey, just the way it is. 

Yes, Joe Douglas still stinks at drafting the right player but he actually does seem to know to draft the right positions. That’s a step in right direction. So we got that going for us. 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

JDs good outweighs his bad as far as signings and trades. If the worst things he did was sign Ryan Kalil to a one year deal that never really affected the future of this team, not sign Robby Anderson who looked good last year but this season is meh, and didn't sign a veteran qb this year like bryan hoyer (who was only signing with the patriots anyway), then I would like to keep JD and see this rebuild through.

Remember in his first year as GM with the little offseason he had, he signed JFM and Braxton Berrios, two huge contributors this season. In his first draft, sure he had some misses, every GM does, but he also is responsible for drafting Becton, Bryce Hall, and Braden Mann, with the jury still out on Mims. With only 6 games played I am not going to talk about the 2021 draft class/FA Signings until the season is over but there is no solid reason to fire Joe Douglas at this point.

Also you have to remember that JD works with his coaching staffs to bring in players he views as fitting their schemes. What Saleh's scheme calls for is completely different than what Gase was running.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Why are you blaming Gase for Tannehil? Adam did the best he could with a pretty talent poor team in Miami, just like in NY. Poor dude can’t catch a break. 

No, what I'm saying is there is an assumption that because Jamal sucks in Seattle in 2021 that he would have sucked in New Jersey in 2021.  Meanwhile, the same people said that because Tannehill was good in 2019 that it was because of a change in coaching.

Jamal might have flourished under Saleh.  What we know is that Carter isn't and Vera-Tucker is on the OL responsible for the worst offense in the NFL.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, what I'm saying is there is an assumption that because Jamal sucks in Seattle in 2021 that he would have sucked in New Jersey in 2021.  Meanwhile, the same people said that because Tannehill was good in 2019 that it was because of a change in coaching.

Jamal might have flourished under Saleh.  What we know is that Carter isn't and Vera-Tucker is on the OL responsible for the worst offense in the NFL.

SAR I

Let’s try and stick to what you and I are saying and never mind what everyone else say. They ain’t know nuttin.

I guess in a perfect world without the reality of Jamal shooting him self out of town and no longer trying after getting paid he might thrive under Saleh? Ok, I mean yeah but if we do that I guess we should also give the same consideration to AVT and Shorty C will play better as the team grows together. Young team with rookie coaches and all if we are making Jamal a team player that thrives at anything other than Jamal serving Jamal. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No playmakers.  No player that opposing OC's or DC's have to gameplan around.  What they cost doesn't matter; you hold onto your talent, especially if its homegrown.  All we keep doing is developing a scant handful of players and then show them the door.

SAR I

this isn't baseball pal, we have a cap here. what it cost DOES MATTER! 

and as Slats posted yesterday Safety is the least paid position on defense. you just don't tie up that kind of money on a safety.

you can blame MAC for this. you don't draft 2 safeties at 1&2 when you have a team full of holes. 

whos the playmaker Robbie? 15 catches in 6 games Robbie? i joked that the saddest person in the room was Robbie when Sam got traded cause he had the worst 2 years of his career with Sam. now hes on pace to be worst than that.

Adams get 72 mil, Leo 63 Mil. funny after JD gets rid of them they get ridiculous contracts. 

Leo had ZERO sacks in 7 games before he got traded. he did not deserve what he got.

your like a 5 year old who wants to eat candy for dinner. you don't care that's its not good for you in the long run, you want it. your parents have to be the responsible people in the room and say no. and its the best decision in the long run.

that's JD.

you dont care about winning a SB or even making the playoffs. you want wins NOW!!! keep everybody, pay whatever they want. lets win 7-9 games a year and miss the playoffs for 2 years and then be stuck with bad contracts and back to 4-12 for 3-4 years. 

whats the big deal with homegrown talent? to teach guys to ..."play like a Jet " ?

i love that saying when Rex got here. and back then it meaned something.

since Parcells took over in 1997 up till 2009 Rexs 1st year, we had 9 winning seasons in 12 years.  and up till 2015, it was 14 out of 19 years. 7 years in the playoffs with 3 AFCCG appearances. since then its been 5 losing seasons in a row. no homegrown Jet knows how to win. nothing special about keeping any of them.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Why are you blaming Gase for Tannehil? Adam did the best he could with a pretty talent poor team in Miami, just like in NY. Poor dude can’t catch a break. 
 

Tannehil went to a talent rich team that was ready to be a contender with the right QB. He made a very good team a contender. That’s what impact players do. 
 

Jamal left a bottom 5 team that happen to have a master defensive coordinator in Greg Willians who knew exactly how to use him. Similar to how Rex created “ Revis Island” allowing the gifted Revis to have historically good couple seasons. Both those players were well served by guys that knew how to get the most out of them. Difference? Revis went in to win a Super bowl and Jamal is literally making Seattle worse and having as bad a season as any   safety in the league. Mediocre? OMG  can just pinch you sometimes!

100% what Greg  Williams did made Jamal a Pro Bowler and All pro. Matter of fact when Seattle sold out their defense last year to bolster Jamal’s sacks to justify that hideous trade they accomplish same thing. Jamal can be very good as long as the defense doesn’t actually need him to do his job. Key to success is let him rush passer unabated to the passer or let him cover The guy least likely guy to get the ball thrown to him like Williams did. 
 

We got a rookie guard on a pro bowl pace by actually doing the job he was drafted to do. We got a shrimp running back that will be a lot less shrimply once the line is done. Look at what the #1 line in NFL did last night for  a guy who had a 40 in the offensive lineman range last night. You build your offense in the trenches. Sorry honey, just the way it is. 

Yes, Joe Douglas still stinks at drafting the right player but he actually does seem to know to draft the right positions. That’s a step in right direction. So we got that going for us. 

 

 

You've been so sexy in this thread.  So sexy.

I just find it funny that this offseason, everyone raved about how we finally drafted a QB and surrounded him with talent.  Legit, that was the narrative.  It was, we finally have a GM who understands the game is about scoring points.  Everyone said, the offense will be better than the defense.  Everyone said, the system is perfect for Zach, it's basically BYU part 2.  Everyone said, at least he wont have the weapons excuse like Darnold, Zach is surrounded by talent. 

The criticism on his draft woes are way overblown and trollish at this point.  If Becton comes back and plays to his ceiling, landing a starting LT and a starting CB in your first draft is a success by every measure.  And lets be real Mims can play.  If you happen to get something out of him or Perrine, Davis, Clark in the future - then it's full blown win and he was drafting for a different HC.

Judging this years draft 5 games into their career is just silly.  AVT looks great and it's hard to look good when you're Carter/Moore when your QB is the worst in the league and the OL cant run block to save their lives. 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

You've been so sexy in this thread.  So sexy.

I just find it funny that this offseason, everyone raved about how we finally drafted a QB and surrounded him with talent.  Legit, that was the narrative.  It was, we finally have a GM who understands the game is about scoring points.  Everyone said, the offense will be better than the defense.  Everyone said, the system is perfect for Zach, it's basically BYU part 2.  Everyone said, at least he wont have the weapons excuse like Darnold, Zach is surrounded by talent. 

The criticism on his draft woes are way overblown and trollish at this point.  If Becton comes back and plays to his ceiling, landing a starting LT and a starting CB in your first draft is a success by every measure.  And lets be real Mims can play.  If you happen to get something out of him or Perrine, Davis, Clark in the future - then it's full blown win and he was drafting for a different HC.

Judging this years draft 5 games into their career is just silly.  AVT looks great and it's hard to look good when you're Carter/Moore when your QB is the worst in the league and the OL cant run block to save their lives. 

 

Russel Wilson likely whacks off to AVT  highlights as he bitches to his wife like” Best in the nation…?” “ WTF baby gurllllllll!” “ Look at what Aaron Darnold did to my tickle finger!” 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the team has been TRASH under Joes Watch-the record has been TERRIBLE-those are the facts-sports is wins and losses and right now Joe has a very few wins and MANY losses-all of the hope and patience and joe "has a plan" means nothing at all

Until the team is competitive and wins games Joe is a failure-should his team win games and become a quality team he will get the credit he deserves until then he gets the blame for his trash team

Parcells showed us you can inherit a bad team and use a plan to have them competing for a championship right away  and even leave the team with a foundation behind as well

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the team has been TRASH under Joes Watch-the record has been TERRIBLE-those are the facts-sports is wins and losses and right now Joe has a very few wins and MANY losses-all of the hope and patience and joe "has a plan" means nothing at all

Until the team is competitive and wins games Joe is a failure-should his team win games and become a quality team he will get the credit he deserves until then he gets the blame for his trash team

Parcells showed us you can inherit a bad team and use a plan to have them competing for a championship right away  and even leave the team with a foundation behind as well

As of today, JD's record is 10-27.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the team has been TRASH under Joes Watch-the record has been TERRIBLE-those are the facts-sports is wins and losses and right now Joe has a very few wins and MANY losses-all of the hope and patience and joe "has a plan" means nothing at all

Until the team is competitive and wins games Joe is a failure-should his team win games and become a quality team he will get the credit he deserves until then he gets the blame for his trash team

Parcells showed us you can inherit a bad team and use a plan to have them competing for a championship right away  and even leave the team with a foundation behind as well

Are you the type of guy who shows up at a construction site and yells at the workers because they are only done with the foundation and first floor? Joe Douglas took over a failure of a regime. Of course there will be some losses. It takes years to rebuild a decimated team. 

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Wut? You so silly! Yeah he was ok when Greg Williams protected him, he still prayed   on garbage time picks and was dominate against bad teams. None of that mattered, he wanted to go play for  a contender, he did and when they tried to play him like a safety he is one of the worst in the league at it.
 

He’s only a monster pass rusher when he can run unabated to the qb. I recently read an article that said he’d be much better at rushing  the passer if they lined  him up with a D end  so the end can occupy the block and “free Jamal up to rush!” Haha, kinda hard to find a player who wouldn’t be.
 

Bottom line is the Seahawks defense is worse with him out there, but you want is to believe ours would be better? Dude! Guy was playing for the big pay day and got it, enough of this Jamal Adams sh*t. We’ve heard the last of him as anything other than another guy getting paid and collecting checks. 
 

Yes, sleepy Joes draft picks blow, no argument, but his attempts to build the O line ate 100% what needs to be done. Tell me how useless interior lineman are as we watched Cleveland’s line carry a back up QB, and two no name RBs to victory. Just because Joe Douglas doesn’t draft well it doesn’t mean dumping Jamal was the wrong move. Never mind draft capital, guy quit after getting paid, you would think we all learned our lessons on that by now. Shame on you! 

And for all the complaining about JDs drafting, AVT is much more important, serves a much bigger role and is more important a piece towards making this team better than Jamal Adams ever would be.

Have to keep in mind that at this point all of SARs posts are written with an agenda, to trash JD as if another, better GM would have kept Adam "the king of Florham Park" Gase as HC of the Jets

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

As of today, JD's record is 10-27.

The focus needs to be more on process and improvement than W-L record.  This is a franchise that hadn't had a good draft since 2007 and went 21-43 from 2016-19 under Maccagnan, with barely any talent handed over to Douglas to speak of.  If his 2020 and 2021 draft classes don't show anything over the course of the remainder of this season, yeah, that will be the problem to focus on.  And Douglas' hand-picked HC needs to prove he belongs in the league at the HC level as well.

Sure, Douglas could have went on a spending spree these last 2 FA periods with all the excessive cap space the team had in order to shoot for something more like 19-18 in that span, but it would have just kicked the can down the road on what this franchise needed to do:  Completely wipe the slate clean and start over.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

the team has been TRASH under Joes Watch-the record has been TERRIBLE-those are the facts-sports is wins and losses and right now Joe has a very few wins and MANY losses-all of the hope and patience and joe "has a plan" means nothing at all

Until the team is competitive and wins games Joe is a failure-should his team win games and become a quality team he will get the credit he deserves until then he gets the blame for his trash team

Parcells showed us you can inherit a bad team and use a plan to have them competing for a championship right away  and even leave the team with a foundation behind as well

So all the years Jets fans bitched and moaned that this team keeps trying to patch up their lack of talent by signing FAs, that we need to do an entire rebuild top on down, and I'd bet you were right there with everyone else, as soon as someone had the balls to do what needed to be done to build a long term contender you started bitching that it didnt happen overnight.  

Like most of the fans bitching about JD, most of whom just dont get it

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, munchmemory said:

As of today, JD's record is 10-27.

And?

Youre seriously going to blame him for one third of that record where he was handed a team with Maccs players, FAs and recently drafted players?  1/3 of a record of a team where he inherited one of the worst HC's in the history of the NFL?  A K spot left open because Macc let Mayer go back to Seattle and Maccs replacement retired a week before the start of the season, a C position without a real player etc?  A roster that needed to be gutted, which JD has done and now the Jets are the youngest team in the NFL and you have some positions like corner showing JD can draft on days 2 & 3

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

What we know is that Carter isn't and Vera-Tucker is on the OL responsible for the worst offense in the NFL.

Pointing to Carter and AVT as reasons for the offensive showing pretty much puts you at the head of the I dont know football list.

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Are you the type of guy who shows up at a construction site and yells at the workers because they are only done with the foundation and first floor? Joe Douglas took over a failure of a regime. Of course there will be some losses. It takes years to rebuild a decimated team. 

of course. its not a house until people can live there. LOL

so all those construction workers are garbage until people move in. even though everyone knows that will take a few years for that to happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, what I'm saying is there is an assumption that because Jamal sucks in Seattle in 2021 that he would have sucked in New Jersey in 2021.  Meanwhile, the same people said that because Tannehill was good in 2019 that it was because of a change in coaching.

Jamal might have flourished under Saleh.  What we know is that Carter isn't and Vera-Tucker is on the OL responsible for the worst offense in the NFL.

SAR I

Your choice of hills to die on are unbelievably bad - Adam Gase, the 7-9 record in 2019, Jamal Adams.  I'm with Jet Nut above. Either your posts in this thread the past 2 days are you joking and trolling to get a rise, or you have no clue about football and building a team at all.  It is universally understood that Gase was a terrible coach.  The 7-9 record in 2019 was followed by last season's 2-14 disaster. And the entire NFL is pointing out now that the Jets completely fleeced the Seahawks.  You are becoming a caricature of yourself.  

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...