***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

again i ask, who are you replacing him with?

Marty Mornhigweg ? Norv Turner? guys who have been fired a number of times.

how about Joe Brady. i hear the fans want him gone in Carolina. 

point is we could give LaFluer one more year to see if he could be a good OC or hire a guy who already failed at being one. 

I'm willing to see what LaFleur can do for the rest of this year. If we see steady improvement and progress with Zach Wilson, I would welcome him back. If we are having the same conversation in three weeks, nine weeks, and week seventeen, I would expect that a change is made. I am not convinced that LaFleur is a long term solution, but I also know that 5 games is not enough time to properly evaluate a rookie OC who is trying to develop a rosy cheeked rookie QB. With each passing week, the criticism will become valid if things don't change. I suspect that things will get better. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And I guess you’re telling me you couldn’t come up with one.   Or one that we thought of hiring but were too cheap To hire who has a bigger deal than Douglas’s 6 year contract.  
You’re not making a point other than to make up the cheap story

We will just keep hiring rookie GMs with no prior experience and  have no clue how to rebuild.  Good strategy i like it!

2 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

We will just keep hiring rookie GMs with no prior experience and  have no clue how to rebuild.  Good strategy i like it!

What non-rookie GM with prior experience are you suggesting?  The Giants hired Gettelman.  He built a team that went to the super bowl in Carolina.  He's a ******* abomination.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, JETSY14 said:

You would do well as the press secretary for the current president, or a future president. You simply refuse to answer a simple question, but make sure that you repeat your position. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Do you think people with experience as only a McDonald's manager apply for GM jobs? GM candidates work in lower level executive positions before getting GM jobs. While Joe Douglas didn't have GM experience before being hired by the Jets, he worked for two Super Bowl winning franchises.

Joe Douglas now has experience with being a GM, so we now have an experienced GM.

I'll give you an example.  Look at the Bills they hired a GM who had experience as an assistant GM prior. Same scenario holds true for Tannenbaum who was an assistant GM before he came a GM. He was the last GM with experience that brought us to the playoffs. 

Experience matters. 

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

What non-rookie GM with prior experience are you suggesting?  The Giants hired Gettelman.  He built a team that went to the super bowl in Carolina.  He's a ******* abomination.  

We are at troll level at this point with this dude. He is not interested in having a conversation, but he is interested in repeating his unsubstantiated point. He can't even name a single potential GM who was available at the time to make it seem plausible that he has a valid opinion. 

2 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

I'll give you an example.  Look at the Bills they hired a GM who had experience as an assistant GM prior. Same scenario holds true for Tannenbaum who was an assistant GM before he came a GM. He was the last GM with experience that brought us to the playoffs. 

Experience matters. 

Says he is going to give an example. Proceeds NOT to give an example. 

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

He let Jamal walk and Jamal has continued walking through every NFL game this season. Parents are impossible to deal with anyways. Agents are literally the enemy. Personal positions coaches are by definition personal, check dem bitches at the door. 

Jamal is frustrated with how he's being used and he's getting paid in Seattle and is shutting it down.  We've seen so many Jets do this it's not even shocking anymore.  They play hard, we love them, they get paid, they smoke weed, and that's it.  They aren't playing for glory or championships.  They are just playing for the big contract.  Once they have it, they don't want any boo-boo's.  Hard to squeeze into that McLaren with a leg cast.

Doesn't change the fact that the Jets can't get better and can't attract quality free agents if we don't have a core of players that want to be here, play hard, and get big contracts that they honor.  Might Jamal have behaved better if we coddled him and paid him what he wanted when he wanted it?  Perhaps.

SAR I

24 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

And yet as much as you’re flapping your gums you still haven’t come up with an experienced GM they didn’t hire over money.  
I think JD knows exactly how you rebuild a team, he was part of the Eagles staff that did the same.  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet as much as you’re flapping your gums you still haven’t come up with an experienced GM they didn’t hire over money.  
I think JD knows exactly how you rebuild a team, he was part of the Eagles staff that did the same.  

And they are doing it again with three high firsts in this coming draft. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

s We are at troll level at this point with this dude. He is not interested in having a conversation, but he is interested in repeating his unsubstantiated point. He can't even name a single potential GM who was available at the time to make it seem plausible that he has a valid opinion. 

Saying Douglas didn't have the resume seems pretty  far out there.  Everybody wants an experienced success.  They aren't there.  One of the guys complaining about LaFleur mentioned Norv ******* Turner.  That guy is a ******* disaster.  Remember that golden Carolina O that ran Newton out of town?  Norv ******* Turner.  The guy jumped ship in Minnesota trying to turn his kid into Kyle Shanahan.  Literally horrible idea.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

First he said experienced GM. Then when he couldn't come up with one, he pivoted to experienced Asst. GM. He couldn't even come up with an experienced Asst. GM. 

Joe Douglas was the Vice President of Player Personnel for the Super Bowl champion Eagles under Howie Roseman. Should I tell him that Vice President of Player Personnel is another way to say Asst. GM? By his standards, the Jets hired the right guy.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

19 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Experience matters. 

experience does matter. what did you think JD did before this? fit guys for there uniforms? he was a scout for 14 years, director of college scouting for 1 year then director of player personal for 4 years. same job Tanney had while doing Ast GM.

after looking it up almost all GMs in the league have been director of player personal. and more than half go straight to GM. 

and i dont think Ast Gm means what you think it means.  JD is more then qualified for the job.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

1079094028happy-haloween-pumpkin-animati

October 31.  Halftime.  Jets getting humiliated by the Bengals.  Angry fans in masks and costumes.  The MetLife Insurrection begins.

SAR I

The uncouth in level 3 aren’t buying tickets and the PSL owners wouldn’t ruin their manicures. We’re destined for below average because of the FANS!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That's why JD was never hired as a GM until he conned the Johnsons into giving him the position.

You say he knows how to rebuild a team ?. Great job in the last 2 years as the jets GM. Let's see who else can fall to us at the 22 draft. 

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

experience does matter. what did you think JD did before this? fit guys for there uniforms? he was a scout for 14 years, director of college scouting for 1 year then director of player personal for 4 years. same job Tanney had while doing Ast GM.

after looking it up almost all GMs in the league have been director of player personal. and more than half go straight to GM. 

and i dont think Ast Gm means what you think it means.  JD is more then qualified for the job.

That's why he was never hired as a GM. All the teams were lining up to hire him. 

31 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jamal is frustrated with how he's being used and he's getting paid in Seattle and is shutting it down.  We've seen so many Jets do this it's not even shocking anymore.  They play hard, we love them, they get paid, they smoke weed, and that's it.  They aren't playing for glory or championships.  They are just playing for the big contract.  Once they have it, they don't want any boo-boo's.  Hard to squeeze into that McLaren with a leg cast.

Doesn't change the fact that the Jets can't get better and can't attract quality free agents if we don't have a core of players that want to be here, play hard, and get big contracts that they honor.  Might Jamal have behaved better if we coddled him and paid him what he wanted when he wanted it?  Perhaps.

SAR I

Jamal is being asked to play the position he is being paid to play. He of course prefers to be put in the position where his horrible short coming are cleverly hidden. He’s just a terrible at anything other than covering the least likely guy to get the ball or rushing at the QB unblocked. 

100% agree. Jamal is and was only interested in getting his money so he can lead that life! Good for him, just glad we aren’t the one footing the bill. 

Jamal never wanted to be here and if we paid him, coddled him or even jerked him off he wasn’t ever playing a quality snap after getting paid. So this is honestly best we could have hoped for. At least we get to point and laugh rather than get pointed at and  laughed at. So that’s nice. 

• Sympathy 3
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

First he said experienced GM. Then when he couldn't come up with one, he pivoted to experienced Asst. GM. He couldn't even come up with an experienced Asst. GM. 

Joe Douglas was the Vice President of Player Personnel for the Super Bowl champion Eagles under Howie Roseman. Should I tell him that Vice President of Player Personnel is another way to say Asst. GM? By his standards, the Jets hired the right guy.

The GM Howie Roseman built the championship team not JD who was the VP of PlayerPersonnel

JD was riding Rosemans coattails and the Johnsons bought into it.  He even coned them into giving him an extra 2 years 

20 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

The GM Howie Roseman built the championship team not JD who was the VP of PlayerPersonnel

JD was riding Rosemans coattails and the Johnsons bought into it.  He even coned them into giving him an extra 2 years 

your right GMs do built the teams. and who do you think was standing next to Roseman and giving recommendations on who to get? 

this is Rosemans 2nd stint as GM of Phila and he has NEVER been an ast GM.

the 1st time they made him GM he was ....wait....can you guess it??????  

VP of Player Personal. 

i guess the Eagles were stupid to hire a guy who was never Ast Gm...

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

you know guys like you make me laugh. you look around the league and point to this team or that team and say i want to do it like them.. well we are.

JD has more than enough experience to do this Job. now Saleh is new but Andy Reid, Bill Parcells . Belichick.. all had to start somewhere.

3 hours ago, Wit said:

Except the coaching staff and everyone around then has had many many more years to get everyone else on board. 

Bears and Pats have vastly superior defenses as well so the QB doesn’t need to play catch up hero ball, and it covers up rookie mistakes. In the case of the pats they have Mac on a tight leash as well, and if he throws deep it’s calculated by McDaniels. There is no “off platform” play making allowed. 

Bears also have a stud in Allen Robinson and better RBs. 

The Pats are 2&4 team.  We are coming out of a bye.   They have a rookie QB.  A good coaching staff coming off a bye wins this game outright.   Let’s see what happens.  

The Pats and Bears are rebuilding teams that suck.  Just like us. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, doitny said:

you know guys like you make me laugh. you look around the league and point to this team or that team and say i want to do it like them.. well we are.

JD has more than enough experience to do this Job. now Saleh is new but Andy Reid, Bill Parcells . Belichick.. all had to start somewhere.

U make me laugh because Roseman didn't need to do a total gut job like what is needed here. What we need is an experienced GM for our situation and JD doesn't have it.   

I didn't bring up the whole argument about Roseman. Since another delusional jet fan brought him up the real truth is that JD is riding on the success of Roseman and we were the only team that bought a can of sh*t.

2 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

This is you and a bunch of your clones moving the goal posts again.

Holy baby Jesus and Mary! It's impossible to have a conversation with you.

Moving Goalpost GIF - Moving Goalpost Argument - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

This guy is a troll, or a politician. Either way, the only winning strategy is to ignore him. There is absolutely nothing you could say to him that will sway his opinion. I would settle for a rational adult response, at this point, but that isn't happening. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The caveat to all of this is that I think the Pats and Bears—despite having even worse skill position groups—are going to end up performing better on offense in a few weeks than the Jets will, despite the Jets having a months-long head start in building around Wilson. And that’s going to be an indictment of the CS

Not many coaching staffs compare favorably to the Pats.  Especially with as many first year guys as we have.  Not sure I agree that the Bears will end up performing better than us on offense.  Bears are 30th in scoring offense and 32nd in total offense.  We are 30th and 31st.  They may win more games than us because of their defense, but Nagy is an offensive coach and his team is not performing much better than ours.  He probably doesn't make it to next seasson.

• Sympathy 1

Joe Douglas should be extended today.  Great job not signing any of these guys to over priced contracts.  Keep the check book in the drawer Joe.  We will build this through the draft.  Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn’t agree more. Anyone whining about JD turning a bunch of jags and prima donnas into an additional draft class of extra picks is way off IMO. We are literally 5 games into year 1 of this regime. He chose the king and hard way and I respect that.

Let them cry. JD should be locked up for 10 years. Best and most effective GM we’ve ever had without question.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This guy is a troll, or a politician. Either way, the only winning strategy is to ignore him. There is absolutely nothing you could say to him that will sway his opinion. I would settle for a rational adult response, at this point, but that isn't happening. 

In JD we trust.  Don't worry this time it will be different, I promise. Towards the end of his contract he will be on his second rebuild asking for an extention. We are off to a solid rebuild our team has a ton of fight in them.  

Do yourself a favor and Google the word insanity.  Carefully read the definition. 

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I know, he has no idea what’s on JDs resume.   Kept calling the Johnsons cheap after giving JD a 6 year deal.  
he just keeps moving the goalposts when you have an answer

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

That's why JD was never hired as a GM until he conned the Johnsons into giving him the position.

You say he knows how to rebuild a team ?. Great job in the last 2 years as the jets GM. Let's see who else can fall to us at the 22 draft. 

You’re acting the fool now. Plain and simple.  BTW others have tried to hire JD.  In fact the Texans made a last ditch effort to sign him while the Jet’s we’re negotiating with his people.  

But you knew that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

JD should be locked up for 10 years. Best and most effective GM we’ve ever had without question.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You can not be serious. There’s not a single data point indicating that Joe Douglas is even average at his job. Offensive rankings, defensive rankings, point differential and most importantly wins and losses all point to him being a horrendous General Manager. He can certainly improve but at this he’s as bad as it gets. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 3/15/2021 at 2:22 PM, jetstream23 said:

Who needs free agents when we're drafting guys like Ashtyn Davis, Jabari Zuniga, James Morgan and Cameron Clark?

Atleast JD drafted Mims and Moore. They will start showing up before their payday and we will give them away. 

Just in time for our next rebuild.