***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

3 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Atleast JD drafted Mims and Moore. They will start showing up before their payday and we will give them away. 

Just in time for our next rebuild. 

Still waiting for you to provide a list of GMs that had success rebuilding a different franchise in their 2nd stint?

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Still waiting for you to provide a list of GMs that had success rebuilding a different franchise in their 2nd stint?

Bills GM. He had experience as an assistant GM  before becoming the GM. The Bills are now the team to beat in our division. 

Tannenbaum was assistant GM for several years before becoming GM and brought the Jets to 2 consecutive playoff appearances. That was the last time we were relevant.  

It's experience at the GM position that are key when rebuilding.  Not hiiring a first time GM.

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

You can not be serious. There’s not a single data point indicating that Joe Douglas is even average at his job. Offensive rankings, defensive rankings, point differential and most importantly wins and losses all point to him being a horrendous General Manager. He can certainly improve but at this he’s as bad as it gets. 

No, don't tell the sheep that.  It makes them angry.

It's "Year 1".  Didn't you get the memo?

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Atleast JD drafted Mims and Moore. They will start showing up before their payday and we will give them away. 

Just in time for our next rebuild. 

Whats Moore played, parts of 4 games?  
That list of GMs we were too cheap to sign?  
That long list, waiting for it.  Should be easy for a brainiac like you.  I can feel it coming.  
Another Jets troll who will be gone soon enough only to come crawling back under a different name.  
Bills fan?  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

58 minutes ago, SAR I said:

No, don't tell the sheep that.  It makes them angry.

It's "Year 1".  Didn't you get the memo?

SAR I

no its year 4 right? the rebuild started in Sams first year.

according to your timeline next year is year 5. the year we go to the SB.

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

We never finished that rebuild. We are onto the next rebuild that will conclude on the last year of JDs contract. He will look for an extension so he can finish his next rebuild.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, doitny said:

The rebuild was announced in 2017. Suck For Sam.  

Joe Douglas was hired in 2019. 

We’re 65 days away from 2022. 

Bowles, Gase, Saleh.  Maccagnan, Douglas.  The actors changed but it’s the same damn show. Now entering Year 6. 

SAR I

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Claymation said:

Paul Depodesta is the Chief Strategy officer and the architect of the Cleveland Browns turnaround. He was hired in 2016, he tore down the franchise and he finally got to hire a coach (Stefanski) and GM (Berry)he could work with.

Woody and Hymie Elhai are our chief strategy officers. Advantage, Jets.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And yet as much as you’re flapping your gums you still haven’t come up with an experienced GM they didn’t hire over money.  
I think JD knows exactly how you rebuild a team, he was part of the Eagles staff that did the same.  

He was also part of a very well run Baltimore organization, that used the same strategy people on this board are complaining about. Not overpay FA's but build the team through the draft. Maybe Jetsy and SAR could tell us how well those Raven's teams played throughout the years. I seem to remember them always competing, and having a team that could weather injuries with very decent backups.

If JD can build that same type of success here, I'm sure most people would be up for that. Constantly in the playoff's with a few SB's sprinkled in here and there.

But hey, let's get rid of him because he doesn't have instant success. He's already been saddled with the worst HC in our history next to Holtz and Kotite. His 2021 draft looks better than the 2020 draft I'll admit, however if we still come away with Becton, Mims, Hall, and Davis from last years draft after both Becton's and Davis's injuries, then I think that is not a bad haul for some of the core of this team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The rebuild was announced in 2017. Suck For Sam.  

Joe Douglas was hired in 2019. 

We’re 65 days away from 2022. 

Bowles, Gase, Saleh.  Maccagnan, Douglas.  The actors changed but it’s the same damn show. Now entering Year 6. 

SAR I

what happened to you? jesus christ

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

He was also part of a very well run Baltimore organization, that used the same strategy people on this board are complaining about. Not overpay FA's but build the team through the draft. Maybe Jetsy and SAR could tell us how well those Raven's teams played throughout the years. I seem to remember them always competing, and having a team that could weather injuries with very decent backups.

If JD can build that same type of success here, I'm sure most people would be up for that. Constantly in the playoff's with a few SB's sprinkled in here and there.

But hey, let's get rid of him because he doesn't have instant success. He's already been saddled with the worst HC in our history next to Holtz and Kotite. His 2021 draft looks better than the 2020 draft I'll admit, however if we still come away with Becton, Mims, Hall, and Davis from last years draft after both Becton's and Davis's injuries, then I think that is not a bad haul for some of the core of this team.

Thank you

I used Philly more than Baltimore because of Philly being more of a rebuild but youre right.  He was an assistant to one of the elite GMs in the NFL before becoming a Vice President in Philly.  But hey, lets take it further, he was the director of college scouting for the Bears and helped their turn around.  

Jetsy when pressed blurted out the Bills and Tannenbaum as examples of GMs who were assistant GMs before getting their jobs and succeeding.  Guess he didnt know that Brandon Beane is the GM in Buffalo.  Or that he went from the media to being part of the Panthers, without a title to the Bills.  Was a nothing before getting that gig.  Or better yet that Tannenbaum went from capologist to GM of the Jets, his shining example.  Guess he would have had or as a Bills fan, has the patience of rooting for a team that went from the mid 1990s through 2019 without making the playoffs and is pointing to that 25 year rebuild

SAR just trolls Jets fans, its what he does, is what hes always done.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Thank you

I used Philly more than Baltimore because of Philly being more of a rebuild but youre right.  He was an assistant to one of the elite GMs in the NFL before becoming a Vice President in Philly.  But hey, lets take it further, he was the director of college scouting for the Bears and helped their turn around.  

Jetsy when pressed blurted out the Bills and Tannenbaum as examples of GMs who were assistant GMs before getting their jobs and succeeding.  Guess he didnt know that Brandon Beane is the GM in Buffalo.  Or that he went from the media to being part of the Panthers, without a title to the Bills.  Was a nothing before getting that gig.  Or better yet that Tannenbaum went from capologist to GM of the Jets, his shining example.  Guess he would have had or as a Bills fan, has the patience of rooting for a team that went from the mid 1990s through 2019 without making the playoffs and is pointing to that 25 year rebuild

You're most welcome... Always fun to school malcontents 

7 minutes ago, 68JET11 said:

You're most welcome... Always fun to school malcontents 

I'm starting to get the feeling that one of our banned Bills fan has returned.  Hes whining in a thread he started that the Jets high scorer is Amendola and getting schooled

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

what happened to you? jesus christ

Let me get this straight-  you think this is Year 1 for Joe Douglas?  That the train wreck of a roster that he has built in the last 30 months doesn't count?

And you're asking what's wrong with me?

SAR I

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let me get this straight-  you think this is Year 1 for Joe Douglas?  That the train wreck of a roster that he has built in the last 30 months doesn't count?

SAR I

SAR, I'm not as fervent in your criticism of JD.  But I also don't understand why so many are willing to give him every excuse in the book.  Folks have accepted that losing in his 2+ year tenure is a good thing.  Looking the other way in the hope that it will eventually lead to positive results in the future.  

As I've said a bunch of times:  Putting this team on the field in 2021 is a reflection of his decisions.  So if the result is another 12, 13, 14, 15... loss season, he needs to be held accountable.  This franchise has had its intellect and common sense numbed by all these annual losses.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, munchmemory said:

SAR, I'm not as fervent in your criticism of JD.  But I also don't understand why so many are willing to give him every excuse in the book.  Folks have accepted that losing in his 2+ year tenure is a good thing.  Looking the other way in the hope that it will eventually lead to positive results in the future.  

As I've said a bunch of times:  Putting this team on the field in 2021 is a reflection of his decisions.  So if the result is another 12, 13, 14, 15... loss season, he needs to be held accountable.  This franchise has had its intellect and common sense numbed by all these annual losses.

Thank you, yes.

Every Jet that's on this roster is here because Joe Douglas wants him here.  He didn't run the 2019 draft, but he's been studying this roster for the entire 2019 season, 2020, and 2021 and it is 100% his responsibility.

And he's 3-18.  Headed to 3-30.

There are no excuses for this man.  He's been in scouting or front offices at the feet of exceptional GM's for 21 years and if he were good at picking players we would have seen that by now.  Period.

SAR I

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

Bills GM. He had experience as an assistant GM  before becoming the GM. The Bills are now the team to beat in our division. 

Tannenbaum was assistant GM for several years before becoming GM and brought the Jets to 2 consecutive playoff appearances. That was the last time we were relevant.  

It's experience at the GM position that are key when rebuilding.  Not hiiring a first time GM.

JD mentored behind Ozzie who was the best GM in the business for years on end.

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

First year for JD with his chosen Coach (and not the worst coach in Jets History, Gase), and his chosen QB (not the Macc/Bowles pick Darnold).

But you knew that.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Thank you, yes.

Every Jet that's on this roster is here because Joe Douglas wants him here.  He didn't run the 2019 draft, but he's been studying this roster for the entire 2019 season, 2020, and 2021 and it is 100% his responsibility.

And he's 3-18.  Headed to 3-30.

There are no excuses for this man.  He's been in scouting or front offices at the feet of exceptional GM's for 21 years and if he were good at picking players we would have seen that by now.  Period.

SAR I

Why don’t you stick to playing with your hot wheels. JD’s first year was a total pass. He had practically no input or influence to impact the roster. JD’s 2nd year was doomed by the inept Gase/Darnold show. Now in his 3rd year, JD has practically cleared out the roster, hired a new coaching staff and drafted a  potential franchise QB. It’s a slow turn granted, but it’s going to take a couple years to see viable results. Check back then. Now go play and wash your hands before dinner. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

ROFLMAO that you "Post of the Week" rep'ed yourself. :rolleyes:

How trollingly pathetic does one have to be to rep their own posts, Mr. "I don't care about reps", lol.

"This Regime" = Douglas (2.5th year) + Saleh (1st year) + Saleh Staff (1st year) + Wilson (1st year).  

2021 IS, in fact, the first year of "this regime", and even you aren't ignorant enough to not understand that fact,

Try harder SAR.  

@Warfish go ahead and rep yourself POTW on this one. It’s forgiven by all here on Jet Nation. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

3-18

This is your dumbest argument. It just shows you don’t have the mental prowess to understand  shades of gray. That being said you have a right to feel upset not seeing wins. I hate it too. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Wit said:

This is your dumbest argument. It just shows you don’t have the mental prowess to understand  shades of gray. That being said you have a right to feel upset not seeing wins. I hate it too. 

Listen. I get all the points you are all making. But till it starts to translate into wins, it’s really not impressive to me.

You are what your record says you are. Sorry it frustrates people. 

26 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Why don’t you stick to playing with your hot wheels. JD’s first year was a total pass. He had practically no input or influence to impact the roster. JD’s 2nd year was doomed by the inept Gase/Darnold show. Now in his 3rd year, JD has practically cleared out the roster, hired a new coaching staff and drafted a  potential franchise QB. It’s a slow turn granted, but it’s going to take a couple years to see viable results. Check back then. Now go play and wash your hands before dinner. 

How-Teflon-Works.jpg

SAR I