***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Listen. I get all the points you are all making. But till it starts to translate into wins, it’s really not impressive to me.

You are what your record says you are. Sorry it frustrates people. 

I’m not really frustrated. I hasn’t seen a direction for this team in a long time prior to JD being hired. I’m excited that he’s doing things the hard way and hope it works out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Wit said:

I’m not really frustrated. I hasn’t seen a direction for this team in a long time prior to JD being hired. I’m excited that he’s doing things the hard way and hope it works out. 

Fair. We just disagree on whether the hard way is really necessary or a thing at all

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SAR I said:

The rebuild was announced in 2017. Suck For Sam.  

Joe Douglas was hired in 2019. 

We’re 65 days away from 2022. 

Bowles, Gase, Saleh.  Maccagnan, Douglas.  The actors changed but it’s the same damn show. Now entering Year 6. 

SAR I

The bozo pictured is in Year 21.  Joe Douglas should get a lifetime contract to counteract the stupidity of working for this guy.

Brother of Jets owner Woody Johnson shows up at NFL owners meetings

14 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

The bozo pictured is in Year 21.  Joe Douglas should get a lifetime contract to counteract the stupidity of working for this guy.

Brother of Jets owner Woody Johnson shows up at NFL owners meetings

Adam Gase’s hand-picked yes-man should be given the keys to this franchise why?

SAR I

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Fair. We just disagree on whether the hard way is really necessary or a thing at all

The New York Jets have never been able to make it work the hard way. In our history our very best seasons have been accomplished the easy way. Steal other team’s best coaches and players. Then win a lot of games, get into the playoffs, and give yourself a chance to compete for a championship.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

ROFLMAO that you "Post of the Week" rep'ed yourself. :rolleyes:

How trollingly pathetic does one have to be to rep their own posts, Mr. "I don't care about reps", lol.

"This Regime" = Douglas (2.5th year) + Saleh (1st year) + Saleh Staff (1st year) + Wilson (1st year).  

2021 IS, in fact, the first year of "this regime", and even you aren't ignorant enough to not understand that fact,

Try harder SAR.  

the only thing that it seems like he is trying hard at anymore is trolling and gaslighting. i asked what happened to him because i thought he used to be a relatively decent poster. now it just seems like he is more and more an exaggerated caricature of himself

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The New York Jets have never been able to make it work the hard way. In our history our very best seasons have been accomplished the easy way. Steal other team’s best coaches and players. Then win a lot of games, get into the playoffs, and give yourself a chance to compete for a championship.

SAR I

I tend to agree. 

Veterans in free agency mixed with a solid core is the recipe for success. Whenever it seems we get a core, we then ship them off for draft picks. It’s a never ending cycle. 

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase’s hand-picked yes-man should be given the keys to this franchise why?

SAR I

I thought Gase was your boy?  Douglas is the best thing that has happened to the Jets in forever.  He's building the team for the long haul.  I'd give him the lifetime contract just to make sure he stays.  

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

Douglas is the best thing that has happened to the Jets in forever.

Something tells me Namath winning us a Super Bowl was the best thing forever over a guy who is entering his 3rd season as GM and is about have 3 straight losing seasons under his tenure 

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

Something tells me Namath winning us a Super Bowl was the best thing forever over a guy who is entering his 3rd season as GM and is about have 3 straight losing seasons under his tenure 

How many years ago?  Is this the sword you want to fall on?  We will win multiple Super Bowls under Joe Douglas.  The best part of the lifetime contract is we sign him cheap.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Jetscode1 said:

How many years ago?  Is this the sword you want to fall on?  We will win multiple Super Bowls under Joe Douglas.  The best part of the lifetime contract is we sign him cheap.  

Do you want to fall on the sword that Joe Douglass is the best thing to happen to this team?? lmao ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

This a little old but some of you panic-driven Jets fans need to read and get understanding of what the Jets are trying to build. 

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/09/24/ny-jets-fans-joe-douglas/ 

What the hell are they building besides the world's biggest turd sandwich? You don't have to be in panic mode to see that this organization has no clue on how to build a winning team.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, STLuLu said:

What the hell are they building besides the world's biggest turd sandwich? You don't have to be in panic mode to see that this organization has no clue on how to build a winning team.

This team won two games last year.  You were expecting a quick turn?  With this many rookies?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

How about not looking like they dont even belong in the league with almost 0 talent on the team for a start?

That's how low the bar is and Douglas still can't even get that on the field.

Nice read here.  Enjoy.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729018-the-definitive-history-of-trust-the-process

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Jetscode1 said:

The last time the 76ers made the NBA finals was in 2001 and their current team has a malcontent star that wants off the team.

So your defense of Douglas is a team that took like 10 years to rebuild and accomplished nothing with it.

Thanks for the laugh.

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The last time the 76ers made the NBA finals was in 2001 and their current team has a malcontent star that wants off the team.

So your defense of Douglas is a team that took like 10 years to rebuild and accomplished nothing with it.

Thanks for the laugh.

Another quality read.  https://www.minimalismmadesimple.com/home/trust-the-process/

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Thanks for the laugh.

Critical thinking is not your strong point, is it? 

• Haha 3