***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

The difference, what I am saying is backed up by what we are actually seeing on the field.

You are clinging to hopes and dreams based on nothing 

One of us was delusional and expected more out of a season that was CLEARLY a developmental year. 

One of us understood that this year was going to be a sh*tshow.

I'm not clinging to anything. I'm hoping that the plan pans out but I'm willing to admit if I was wrong if/when the time comes. I have the ability to think critically, and you don't. That's fine. Different strokes for different folks. 

It astounds me that people are still not grasping the concept of a rebuild. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

One of us was delusional and expected more out of a season that was CLEARLY a developmental year. 

I'm not clinging to anything. I'm hoping that the plan pans out but I'm willing to admit if I was wrong if/when the time comes. I have the ability to think critically, and you don't. That's fine. Different strokes for different folks. 

If you were capable of critical thinking you would see Douglas drafts have been borderline terrible and there is no real building blocks on this team and his head coach selection looks in over his head so badly most wouldnt object to him being fired after 1 season.

You arent critically thinking, you are closing your eyes and burying your head in the sand ignoring what is right in front of you and hoping it gets better based on nothing but delusion.

• Thumb Down 1

Douglas has done some nice things. Drafts have been OK. Getting back good value in trades for assets (Leo, Darnold, Jamal, Herndon).

But it looks like he screwed up the 2 biggest areas:

1. No plan in place for Zach his rookie year. He should have sat. More weapons on offense should have been acquired.

2. Hired the wrong head coach. 

• WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 3/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, Grandy said:

Throwing money at FA's never works for us. Throwing money at FA's doesnt build a sustained winner. 

He's about to enter just his 2nd draft. Though his first was inconsistent it was probably our best in a decade. 

I'm gonna be patient and hold off on pitchforks.... for now.

It's a catch 22.  Not throwing money at them has built a sustained loser.  

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

So how’s this development year going 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

If you were capable of critical thinking you would see Douglas drafts have been borderline terrible and there is no real building blocks on this team and his head coach selection looks in over his head so badly most wouldnt object to him being fired after 1 season.

You arent critically thinking, you are closing your eyes and burying your head in the sand ignoring what is right in front of you and hoping it gets better based on nothing but delusion.

It's hard to know if it's the draft or the coaches he hired to develop them.  If I were Douglas I would find out very soon.

1 hour ago, Barton said:

Douglas has done some nice things. Drafts have been OK. Getting back good value in trades for assets (Leo, Darnold, Jamal, Herndon).

But it looks like he screwed up the 2 biggest areas:

1. No plan in place for Zach his rookie year. He should have sat. More weapons on offense should have been acquired.

2. Hired the wrong head coach. 

I think #1 and #2 are mutually exclusive. He should have hired a head coach who had experience or a great plan to develop a young QB. 

In Salehs defense Greg Knapp was a big part of his plan. 

• Upvote 3

On 10/23/2021 at 10:35 PM, SAR I said:

The fact that you're allowed to make videos is frightening.  "Year 1".  My God.

SAR I

The fact that you show your "face" after your Gase diatribes is hilarious. Most would bail.  You're the laughing stock of a message board.  Thanks for your strength. You add joy to all of our lives. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

The fact that you show your "face" after your Gase diatribes is hilarious. Most would bail.  You're the laughing stock of a message board.  Thanks for your strength. You add joy to all of our lives. 

Seriously?  Keeping Gase would have been better than what we're getting out of Saleh, this train wreck could have been avoided if we kept the head coach who was proven to keep a broken, bad roster together, motivated and playing hard and not some rah-rah nobody who is clearly in over his head.  Laughing stock?  Compared to the rest of you I'm friggin' Nostradamus.  You are part of the problem.  Manipulating the Johnsons who constantly bow to what they think their fans want.  Those who pay the money and actually go to the games didn't want this.

Be objective.  Stop trying to appease the ignorant because it gets you the most clicks.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Seriously?  Keeping Gase would have been better than what we're getting out of Saleh, this train wreck could have been avoided if we kept the head coach who was proven to keep a broken, bad roster together, motivated and playing hard and not some rah-rah nobody who is clearly in over his head.  Laughing stock?  Compared to the rest of you I'm friggin' Nostradamus.  You are part of the problem.  Manipulating the Johnsons who constantly bow to what they think their fans want.  Those who pay the money and actually go to the games didn't want this.

Be objective.  Stop trying to appease the ignorant because it gets you the most clicks.  

SAR I

SAR you are correct with you’re criticisms of this regime and I agree Gase wasn’t this bad period. Anyone who can’t see that by now idk but to say Gase should still be coach???

absurd

Now if you’re argument was that we should’ve hired a guy like Dan Campbell (who is literally built like a NYer mentally) I can get on board with that 

10 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

SAR you are correct with you’re criticisms of this regime and I agree Gase wasn’t this bad period. Anyone who can’t see that by now idk but to say Gase should still be coach???

absurd

Now if you’re argument was that we should’ve hired a guy like Dan Campbell (who is literally built like a NYer mentally) I can get on board with that 

The reason I would have stuck with Gase (and Darnold for that matter) is that once the decision was made to go as deep as we went with the roster cuts and the lack of FA spending, we needed an experienced HC who has done this all before, was professional, had an even demeanor, motivated a hopeless team to wins, and had the players respect.  Say what you want about Gase strategically (he sucked), but the man was outstanding at keeping a broken mess together and winning games against an easy schedule.  At 1-7 got them to finish strong.  With nothing to play for last year, got them to finish strong.  That's exactly what was called for in 2021.

The way this roster has been irresponsibly gutted and not replenished means it's beyond the capabilities of any rookie HC and GM to fix it.  We now need an experienced HC and GM in here.  Pronto.

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Sellis92 said:

The Kotite Jets lost a lot of close games.  This team gets blown out

Gase finished 6-2 in 2019 and in 2020 had the Broncos, Patriots, and Raiders on the ropes to the last minute eventually beating the playoff Browns and Rams.

Saleh is completely lost.  In over his head.  The roster cuts were too deep for a rookie rah-rah type who hired all his beer buddies for the Florham Park party.  We needed an experienced disciplinarian.  And now that the roster needs the most rebuilding in team history, we need an experienced GM too.

When Leon Hess was getting on in years and pushed too far, he said F it, stopped caring about the feelings of the other owners, found the best HC in the NFL, tampered illegally, and stole him from a division rival.  That got us his coaching staff, too.  That got us his HOF running back, too.  We need Woody to go nuclear too.  It's the only way to save this in his lifetime.  Maybe he sees that now.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Is this just the Fire Joe Douglas thread or does this include Saleh and LaFleur? Asking for a friend. 

Joe Douglas is responsible for hiring Saleh and Lafleur, they may go down as his biggest mistakes as he is banished like Maccagnan and Idzik.

But don't feel sorry for the man.  He's been paid $9,000,000 to f-ck up this badly and he's got another $9,000,000 guaranteed.  Perhaps a class action lawsuit is in order.

SAR I

Ok this hasnt gotten a comment in 8 hours. Time to revitalize it. 

The Joe Flacco trade proves beyond a shadow of a doubt JD is incompetent.

I believe now this HAS to convert at minimum 25% of the JD believers in this thread. 

• Upvote 1