***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

On 10/24/2021 at 2:01 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

One of us was delusional and expected more out of a season that was CLEARLY a developmental year. 

One of us understood that this year was going to be a sh*tshow.

I'm not clinging to anything. I'm hoping that the plan pans out but I'm willing to admit if I was wrong if/when the time comes. I have the ability to think critically, and you don't. That's fine. Different strokes for different folks. 

It astounds me that people are still not grasping the concept of a rebuild. 

So which part of the rebuild and trust the process is giving up draft assets for a veteran player when you're 1-5 and have no shot at the playoffs anyway? A player we could have just signed during the off season?

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Ok this hasnt gotten a comment in 8 hours. Time to revitalize it. 

The Joe Flacco trade proves beyond a shadow of a doubt JD is incompetent.

I believe now this HAS to convert at minimum 25% of the JD believers in this thread. 

i see yesterday did convert some but this? so he made a mistake and now trys to fix it and people are going to stop believing in him?. i think doing nothing and riding it out with Mike White for 4 weeks would lose him 25%

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JTJet said:

Ok this hasnt gotten a comment in 8 hours. Time to revitalize it. 

The Joe Flacco trade proves beyond a shadow of a doubt JD is incompetent.

I believe now this HAS to convert at minimum 25% of the JD believers in this thread. 

Count me in....let's be honest...we all know how this movie ends....

It won't happen at the end of this season....but cmon man....we've all been Jets fans long enough to know what happens in a year or two 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

i see yesterday did convert some but this? so he made a mistake and now trys to fix it and people are going to stop believing in him?. i think doing nothing and riding it out with Mike White for 4 weeks would lose him 25%

Riding it out with MIke White for 4 weeks should have never even been close to being an option to begin with....

Been trying to give the man a chance.....but that's complete incompetence 

3 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

It's a move that literally flies in the face of every defense of Douglas by his Homer's.

and if it works out? 

so he wasnt here from day 1 but if zach learns something by watching him for 4 weeks and listening to him the rest of the season and plays better are we still going to complain.

i dont care how we get there as long as we get there.

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Ian Fleming said:

At least the Kotite teams were often more competitive.

Kotite coached a far more talented team to a 1-15 record. Parcells took essentially the same team to a 9-7 record. Kotite  was and always will be the worst coach the Jets ever had. Holtz and Gase  included 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CSNY said:

Kotite coached a far more talented team to a 1-15 record. Parcells took essentially the same team to a 9-7 record. Kotite  was and always will be the worst coach the Jets ever had. Holtz and Gase  included 

Saleh is giving them a run for their money when you look at point differentials 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Saleh is giving them a run for their money when you look at point differentials 

Not ready to call for his head just yet. Many examples of HOF coaches that struggled in their first couple of years 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

I Will give him to the end of the year as well. Gotta see how these 11 games play out. Can’t get worse can it?

Of course it can. Getting the doors blown off is by the Texans or Jaguars would be the worst. If that happens I really start to wonder if this regime has what it takes. This coming from a person who was quite optimistic about this season and the organization moving in the right direction 

• Upvote 1

After thinking about this for quite some time, the reason why this season has gone the way it has is because JD bet on WAY too many things at the same time. Unfortunately, he lost most of, if not all of the bets.

Here is my list of bets that he lost:

Rookie HC/Rookie OC/Second year DC/Rookie QB all in the same year

Mike White - JAG scrap heap QB with zero snaps in the NFL backing up a rookie with same amount of NFL snaps

Carl Lawson - High upside with performance. High risk of injury

Jarrad Davis - Possible upside due to playing in a different scheme

Cam Clark - Somehow a second year OT who played zero snaps in 2020 was going to win RG job and play well

Alex Lewis - Bet on a guy who had a mental breakdown to recover and play well just months later

Tyler Kroft, and Ryan Griffin - Bet on Kroft staying healthy, and somehow also being a number 1 TE, which he is not. Ryan Griffin is a 3rd TE, at best. Daniel Brown is a special teamer. 

Matt Amendola - He is not the answer. He has shanked short kicks that somehow made it through the uprights. He has flown under the radar due to not being in big enough situations for us to notice that he is a liability. His punting clinic when Mann went down was pretty good though. 

Bets that he won, in my opinion:

Cornerback - I would have imagined that Bryce Hall as your number 1, and a mish mosh of rookies and UDFA were going to be the weak link of the defense. 

Tackle depth - This was more of a hedge than a bet, but this is the one positive thing that JD has done with the line. It's almost as if JD knew that Becton wasn't going to make it through the season.

AVT - I couldn't imagine JD making past the end of next season if AVT wasn't playing as well as he has, especially after trading two 3rd rounders to acquire him.

The plan was to coast through this season while developing coaches and players. I don't think there was expectation to compete for a playoff spot, but the organization couldn't have imagined that it would be this bad. JD better NAIL the 2022 off-season and draft, or we will be doing this again in 2023. Maybe it will feel "different this time" again. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

After thinking about this for quite some time, the reason why this season has gone the way it has is because JD bet on WAY too many things at the same time. Unfortunately, he lost most of, if not all of the bets.

Mike White - JAG scrap heap QB with zero snaps in the NFL backing up a rookie with same amount of NFL snaps

Cam Clark - Somehow a second year OT who played zero snaps in 2020 was going to win RG job and play well

Alex Lewis - Bet on a guy who had a mental breakdown to recover and play well just months later

Tyler Kroft, and Ryan Griffin - Bet on Kroft staying healthy, and somehow also being a number 1 TE, which he is not. Ryan Griffin is a 3rd TE, at best. Daniel Brown is a special teamer. 

Matt Amendola - He is not the answer. He has shanked short kicks that somehow made it through the uprights. He has flown under the radar due to not being in big enough situations for us to notice that he is a liability. His punting clinic when Mann went down was pretty good though. 

Cornerback - I would have imagined that Bryce Hall as your number 1, and a mish mosh of rookies and UDFA were going to be the weak link of the defense. 

Tackle depth - This was more of a hedge than a bet, but this is the one positive thing that JD has done with the line. It's almost as if JD knew that Becton wasn't going to make it through the season.

AVT - I couldn't imagine JD making past the end of next season if AVT wasn't playing as well as he has, especially after trading two 3rd rounders to acquire him.

The plan was to coast through this season while developing coaches and players. I don't think there was expectation to compete for a playoff spot, but the organization couldn't have imagined that it would be this bad. JD better NAIL the 2022 off-season and draft, or we will be doing this again in 2023. Maybe it will feel "different this time" again. 

you can add his lack of understanding of the WR and Running back positions to the list

41 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

This is what I have been saying since 2020 about how this rebuild is risky. It's fraught with risk, and JD gambles to much. He loves value guys with high upsides. 

Heres the thing, in order to become competitive this way you gotta be right ALOT about your signings and drafts. Alot of people come back with the old "BUT KEVIN, NO GM IS PERFECT" Agreed, you are going to miss some picks and signings, but not at this rate and not after you shipped all the talent out of town and tore this team to an expansion team. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, kmnj said:

you can add his lack of understanding of the WR and Running back positions to the list

I can add that you have no idea what you are talking about to the list. The RB and WR group are not the problem, and I cannot take anyone seriously if they think that RB and WR are even close to being a problem. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I can add that you have no idea what you are talking about to the list. The RB and WR group are not the problem, and I cannot take anyone seriously if they think that RB and WR are even close to being a problem. 

Well, yes and no, compared to some places, at first look RB and WR, dont seem to bad but is Carter really the answer? Guy up to now has Gore like numbers. Cole, Mimms and Moore haven't done a thing and Davis is far from the big number 1 we wanted him to be. Now maybe thats LaFlour is clueless and Wilson has been bad but its not those positions are knocking it out of the park.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

They're certainly not an asset.

• Haha 1