***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

You all know I got no love so far for Big Joe....

BUT giving him this offseason to see what he can do. If its signing a bunch of 1 year on the cheap deals and most draft picks busting again....I know I wont be alone in calling for his firing

Yeah, because our draft busted last year.  

Broken Record Blank Template - Imgflip

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

First signing was terrible, a 2 tier receiver for more money than he cheap skated and let Robbie Anderson go. 
Then a 5 sack a year Edge, who’s been a rotation player. I think we may be looking for a new GM in 2022.

I'm not gonna say the signings are terrible, who knows maybe they flourish with us. But people acting like these signings are incredible is more than a little odd.

JD keeps paying guys starter money based on potential instead of actual results. So far, it hasnt worked.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'm not gonna say the signings are terrible, who knows maybe they flourish with us. But people acting like these signings are incredible is more than a little odd.

JD keeps paying guys starter money based on potential instead of actual results. So far, it hasnt worked.

The media hacks and shill’s are pumping these’s Jags up. They are ok but, none move any needle. What’s Joe Douglas’s plan, because he doesn’t seem to have one. Sign a million Jags to paper over the holes I think? A repeat of the last two years isn’t going to cut it, neither are these signings.

8 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Douglas appears not willing to spend big on Free Agents until he has a core of young players he feels good about.

He needs to provide his rookie QB, or Sam with weapons and protection. I understand the logic behind not spending crazy just because you have the money, but you got to put your QB in a position to succeed.

Or, you know hear me out

He could dole out cash to temporarily spend on expensive FA to shore up our needs while he builds a young core and then cut bait with expensive said FA once it's time to pay said young core players.

But what do i know I eat crayons

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

The media hacks and shill’s are pumping these’s Jags up. They are ok but, none move any needle. What’s Joe Douglas’s plan, because he doesn’t seem to have one. Sign a million Jags to paper over the holes I think? A repeat of the last two years isn’t going to cut it, neither are these signings.

Davis was the 10th ranked WR in the league last year (on PFF). On a run heavy team. He had 984 yards in 14 games. He's just turned 26. We didn't break the bank.

Lawson had 38 pressures at RDE/ROLB (the most in NFL). 3rd-fastest get-off rate (0.73), behind TJ Watt and Dupree. He's also 26. 

"JAGs". Come on now.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Davis was the 10th ranked WR in the league last year (on PFF). On a run heavy team. He had 984 yards in 14 games. He's just turned 26. We didn't break the bank.

Lawson had 38 pressures at RDE/ROLB (the most in NFL). 3rd-fastest get-off rate (0.73), behind TJ Watt and Dupree. He's also 26. 

"JAGs". Come on now.

Don’t come here ruining a perfectly good narrative with facts! 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, pointman said:

We went 11-5 and went to the AFC Championship with splash signings. We went 2-14 and have been perennial losers since "winning through the draft". Your side of the coin is laughable. 

Yeah but that all started out with building the O-line with 4x first round picks

BAABA1D5-B359-4900-A103-E1804B5D7F77.jpeg.d0aa7c4d875ab88be4d1845d56f0253e.jpeg

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Actually, those are exactly the guys he might sign.  Did you see we suited up 63 yr old Frank Gore last year as RB1?

I think that was Gase’s call. Since Gase couldn’t get Bell to get 3 yds/carry in his genius offensive scheme 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, British Jet said:

"JAGs". Come on now.

Looking forward to a 1000 yard receiver and 10 sack edge rusher.

Here's the interesting thing to me.  Joe Douglas has some detractors because of missing out on the top FA interior OLinemen, etc. but many people are confident in his longterm plan, building through the Draft, etc.  I see both sides of this.  But what happens when some of our anti-Darnold guys who still hold Joe in very high regard watch him not trade for Watson AND not take a QB at #2?  Will their loyalty stick with Joe and continue to believe that he has a longterm plan that maybe we can't quite see just yet?  Or, will they lose their sh!t?

5 minutes ago, Ian Fleming said:

All Gas - turns out it was Hot Air.

I'm sorry, are the Jets rebuilt?  Did I miss the part where Joe Douglas fixed the OL and replaced 20 of the 25 free agents that constituted half our roster last year?

We overpaid for an edge rusher and a wide receiver.  I'm fine with that, but we don't have the roster of a .500 team yet.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm sorry, are the Jets rebuilt?  Did I miss the part where Joe Douglas fixed the OL and replaced 20 of the 25 free agents that constituted half our roster last year?

We overpaid for an edge rusher and a wide receiver.  I'm fine with that, but we don't have the roster of a .500 team yet.

SAR I

SAR I’m not mocking you. I’m just applying a pun in the spirit of your first slogan.

• Haha 1