***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

2 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

But we can pat ourselves on the back after watching Jet loses by saying "HEY MAN WE DIDNT OVERPAY THAT GUY IN FA!!"

Look at the draft picks!  Another 6th rounder?  No way!  Suck on that, Belichick.  Eat that, McDermott.  Cap space!

SAR I

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Look at the draft picks!  Another 6th rounder?  No way!  Suck on that, Belichick.  Eat that, McDermott.  Cap space!

SAR I

Racking up the 6th rounders baby! Thats how you build a team!!! 

Look at these suckers in the playoffs with little cap space!!! 

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Racking up the 6th rounders baby! Thats how you build a team!!! 

Look at these suckers in the playoffs with little cap space!!! 

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!  "Suck For Sam" wasn't 2017.  You're imagining things.  The rebuild has just begun!

SAR I

Douglas appears not willing to spend big on Free Agents until he has a core of young players he feels good about.

He needs to provide his rookie QB, or Sam with weapons and protection. I understand the logic behind not spending crazy just because you have the money, but you got to put your QB in a position to succeed.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He has had a rare advantage no other GM has ever had-  he was hired very early in the year immediately after the draft and FA period.  He got a mulligan and the ability to deeply study the roster so that he would be the most prepared GM in NFL history going into his first draft.  $3M to take notes.  What a luxury.

And what did he do with it?  His record stands as the owner of a 7-9 team that fell to 2-14, a cavalcade of bust FA's, a one-player draft, top players begging off the team, can't even unearth a friggin' kicker, and now has an embarrassing bag full of money that he can't get anyone to take.

SAR I

The point is you can't  judge  any GM off one draft. All the FA signings were cheap one year deals.  I mean who expected anything really by signing Perriman.

13 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

The point is you can't  judge  any GM off one draft. All the FA signings were cheap one year deals.  I mean who expected anything really by signing Perriman.

The point is we have too many holes to fill in just the draft.  you get these bargain guys that may play better but they usually dont.  

Corey Davis, Jarred Davis ... both for the  “high picks that underachieved with their previous coach” archetype.

So does Sam. Just saying. Not an argument for or against, just pointing out the philosophical alignment to other JD moves.

I think he added some players like this last year too, including Permian. 

Obviously it’s  not the only trick up his sleeve, but it’s definitely worth acknowledging.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I took this thread as tongue-in-cheek. It’s so odd how serious so many took it.

They should be thanking me. By making this singular ***OFFICIAL*** thread, I spared the board from having 13 or 14 of the things by 2pm. The valuable lessons taught to me by joewilly have saved us all. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, freestater said:

They should be thanking me. By making this singular ***OFFICIAL*** thread, I spared the board from having 13 or 14 of the things by 2pm. The valuable lessons taught to me by joewilly have saved us all. 

Hahaha, well ... I thank you.