***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Listen, we can see now that Bell was finished and CJ was going to be injured and opt-out, but put yourself back in March 2019 it was the LeVeon Bell Sweepstakes and Ravens Mosely was the stud defensive player on the market and we got them both.  Douglas inherited what we thought at the time were two game-changers, hell CJ certainly looked the part, and then Douglas was given an unprecedented 10 months to prepare for his first draft where typical GM's get 2 months.

CJ seemed like a decent signing, although he was now the highest paid ILB in the NFL.

The Bell signing was not good, a lot of us didn't like it from day one and hoped for the best.  Mac also had the Revis contract, the Trumaine Johnson contract, the Quincy Enunwa signing, and the big trade up for Sam Darnold, which didn't work out. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, SAR I said:

jdsuggs.jpg

Might as well.  The results couldn't be worse.

SAR I

I mean if this is how you see the draft then I can understand you're worried. I look at it more glass half full. 

First off, not sure why you crossed off Davis. Has he been hurt and hasn't done anything yet? Yes. Can we please give him 1 more year before we cross him out? I think totally writing him off after a rookie year is ridiculous at this point.

Second, If Mekhi and Hall develop into solid starters, you just filled 2 of the hardest positions in football to fill. If Mims, Davis, Perine and Mann are solid contributors you have a good draft. For the love of god, can we please give players more than their rookie year to prove us right/wrong?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

CJ seemed like a decent signing, although he was now the highest paid ILB in the NFL.

The Bell signing was not good, a lot of us didn't like it from day one and hoped for the best.  Mac also had the Revis contract, the Trumaine Johnson contract, the Quincy Enunwa signing, and the big trade up for Sam Darnold, which didn't work out. 

Here looking back in 2021 that's all true, but back in 2019 we didn't know any of that.  

The point is that Joe Douglas didn't inherit "the worst roster in the NFL" because with an awful head coach the team went 7-9 and 6-2 in the last half of the season, second best record in the entire league, and did so with a bunch of backups in key positions.

The point is that the rebuild was already underway, Maccagnan had cut a bunch of older 2010 vets and was getting younger and those youngsters actually performed very well under duress in that injury-riddled 2019 season.

So watching Joe Douglas take over the rebuild and sink us even deeper into the abyss at 2-wins due to a terrible 2020 draft and FA class is extremely concerning.  The Next Great NFL GM wouldn't do that.  The hype coming out of Florham Park for the 2021 class is at an all-time high.  Let's hope its not hype this time.

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

For the love of god, can we please give players more than their rookie year to prove us right/wrong?

Sorry, the fanbase that screamed for Adam Gase's head after 4 measly games and without his starting quarterback can't lobby for Joe Douglas to get as much time as he needs.

Be consistent, folks.  You are impatient.  You are angry.  You demand immediate results.  This isn't Year 1 of the rebuild and it's not Year 1 of Joe Douglas.  You are pissed-off, hiring some nobody scout from a losing Philadelphia organization.  You saw your 7-win team fall apart.  You saw your franchise quarterback get zero support from his GM.  This is it for Joe Douglas.  He either nailed the 2021 draft and FA period or he's out.  Right?

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

The season hasn't even started and people are already asking for JD's head! Typical SOJ fan reaction.

Look, the guy is in the 3rd year of his 6 year contract. The guy knew what he was getting into which was a terrible situation with practically zero playmakers and no depth. And oh yeah, a QB that still needed to prove himself worthy.

But leave all of that aside and focus one thing HE was able to do; He's managed to convince ownership to stay out of the way. AND he's the top dog. No more of this 50-50 power share with his head coach.

I cant stress enough how monumental this shift is. 

We just need to be patient, hope he bats 50% or better with his drafts (that's what most successful GM's do), and root for Zach to lead the way.

That what we fans should do.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sorry, the fanbase that screamed for Adam Gase's head after 4 measly games and without his starting quarterback can't lobby for Joe Douglas to get as much time as he needs.

Be consistent, folks.  You are impatient.  You are angry.  You demand immediate results.  This isn't Year 1 of the rebuild and it's not Year 1 of Joe Douglas.  You are pissed-off, hiring some nobody scout from a losing Philadelphia organization.  You saw your 7-win team fall apart.  You saw your franchise quarterback get zero support from his GM.  This is it for Joe Douglas.  He either nailed the 2021 draft and FA period or he's out.  Right?

SAR I

I found myself considerably less angry once they fired Adam Gase. I’m excited about this draft, Robert Saleh and LaFleur. From the Little we’ve seen of the offensive system it looks like it’s actually designed to help our players succeed. That’s kinda new from last couple years no? Are we allowed to give Joe Douglas little credit for that so far or are we just focusing on his lame duck draft while we still had the lame duck head coach? Consistency and stuff. 

• Upvote 1

I mean if this is how you see the draft then I can understand you're worried. I look at it more glass half full. 
First off, not sure why you crossed off Davis. Has he been hurt and hasn't done anything yet? Yes. Can we please give him 1 more year before we cross him out? I think totally writing him off after a rookie year is ridiculous at this point.
Second, If Mekhi and Hall develop into solid starters, you just filled 2 of the hardest positions in football to fill. If Mims, Davis, Perine and Mann are solid contributors you have a good draft. For the love of god, can we please give players more than their rookie year to prove us right/wrong?
Perine ??? Dont see it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

JD isn't going anywhere 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

SAR I
Why are you preaching to yourself ??

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

I found myself considerably less angry once they fired Adam Gase. I’m excited about this draft, Robert Saleh and LaFleur. From the Little we’ve seen of the offensive system it looks like it’s actually designed to help our players succeed. That’s kinda new from last couple years no? Are we allowed to give Joe Douglas little credit for that so far or are we just focusing on his lame duck draft while we still had the lame duck head coach? Consistency and stuff. 

I love everything that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh have been selling since March.  I lap it up like a hungry pooch attacks his kibble, slobbering over the bowl, dripping it on the carpet.

But everything that was wrong about last season is on Joe Douglas and that cannot be forgotten.  HE didn't support Sam Darnold.  HE didn't nail the draft.  HE didn't succeed in free agency.  HE didn't find a kicker.  HE didn't fix the OL.  We were a 7-win team on a 6-2 winning streak and Douglas gutted the team and didn't replenish it properly.  Here in 2021 we're being sold the same Kool Aid.  Be excited about the coaching staff, be excited about the new QB.  But the GM?  The jury is very much out.  

SAR I

4 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

JD isn't going anywhere 

joe-douglas-jets-plan-joe-douglas.jpg?qu

Because he's cute and cuddly and looks like your brother-in-law showing up for the fantasy draft with a case of your favorite beer.

It's Vinny Testeverde Rex Ryan Syndrome, again.  So long as the green-clothed actor plays the part well, you'll tolerate bad performance.  It's a bizarre quirk of the SOJ fanbase.  

For the record, I want the guy to succeed.  Badly.  But one can't ignore the red flags and they're everywhere.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I love everything that Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh have been selling since March.  I lap it up like a hungry pooch attacks his kibble, slobbering over the bowl, dripping it on the carpet.

But everything that was wrong about last season is on Joe Douglas and that cannot be forgotten.  HE didn't support Sam Darnold.  HE didn't nail the draft.  HE didn't succeed in free agency.  HE didn't find a kicker.  HE didn't fix the OL.  We were a 7-win team on a 6-2 winning streak and Douglas gutted the team and didn't replenish it properly.  Here in 2021 we're being sold the same Kool Aid.  Be excited about the coaching staff, be excited about the new QB.  But the GM?  The jury is very much out.  

SAR I

You have forgotten we haven’t played a game yet. So we really aren’t sure what’s he’ actually failed on, improved some or knocked out of the part. It’s like judging a meal after reading the menu! Please tell me you’re not that guy,, woah, excuse me, I digest. 

The ministry of no support for Sam Darnold was well underway before Joe got there. He did get Sam Darnold a left tackle and a wide receiver in Mims, though both players have  a ways to go it’s the most anyone has ever done for Sam Darnold living his red headed step child NFL life up to that point. 

He’s added a veteran right tackle, a soft yet hopefully left tackle and though we haven’t seen much of him yet the supposed best interior offensive lineman in the draft possibly. 

7 wins became 2-16 because Chris Johnson and Adam Gase gave that last draft to Macc like some weird break up hummer in the car behind Denny’s. Then they hired Joe Douglas to fix this mess and your frustrated it didn’t happen in a single FA and Draft? Well “ my name is Karen and I’d like to speak to a manager!”

In 2001 we just drafted the hopefully the best offensive lineman in the draft, possibly best QB in the draft and likely the most dynamic receiver in the draft. We still won’t know anything till they start playing, but to say this is the same thing as last year is pure silliness you Wiley rascal! 

Im 100% excited about Saleh, I’m 100% excited about LaFleur, I’m 100% excited about Zach, I’m 100 % excited about AVT and I’m 100% excited about Moore. Thank you Joe Douglas thank you for now or at least until the games start! 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

24 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Because he's cute and cuddly and looks like your brother-in-law showing up for the fantasy draft with a case of your favorite beer.

It's Vinny Testeverde Rex Ryan Syndrome, again.  So long as the green-clothed actor plays the part well, you'll tolerate bad performance.  It's a bizarre quirk of the SOJ fanbase.  

For the record, I want the guy to succeed.  Badly.  But one can't ignore the red flags and they're everywhere.

SAR I

images.png.603dbce8dab36b2c6d77fe04ca5dd61e.png

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Who gives a crap what he looks like!

If Zach works out, the Jets will be a winner once again

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

You misquoted me. I said give the players more than 1 year, NOT JOE DOUGLAS.

You wrote off players after their rookie season. This is ridiculous. Period. 

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Agree with this bold statement. Is anyone seriously crowning JD yet? I don't get that sense, I think some are more hopeful than others...

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

Here looking back in 2021 that's all true, but back in 2019 we didn't know any of that.  

The point is that Joe Douglas didn't inherit "the worst roster in the NFL" because with an awful head coach the team went 7-9 and 6-2 in the last half of the season, second best record in the entire league, and did so with a bunch of backups in key positions.

The point is that the rebuild was already underway, Maccagnan had cut a bunch of older 2010 vets and was getting younger and those youngsters actually performed very well under duress in that injury-riddled 2019 season.

So watching Joe Douglas take over the rebuild and sink us even deeper into the abyss at 2-wins due to a terrible 2020 draft and FA class is extremely concerning.  The Next Great NFL GM wouldn't do that.  The hype coming out of Florham Park for the 2021 class is at an all-time high.  Let's hope its not hype this time.

SAR I

This is getting tired. You just post the same thing over and over and over again. Do you have anything new or original to say at all?  7 wins in 2019 blah blah blah. Douglas has had three years blah blah blah.  2 wins in 2020 blah blah blah.  We are entitled to 8 wins blah blah blah.  The bottom line is that you are still a butt hurt Gase fan boy and you are, now that another poster is gone, the most annoying, repetitive, and ill informed poster on the board.  You are now either block or ban worthy. Can we please move on?  Your posts are like nails on a blackboard over and over again.  It is funny once, annoying the next 5 times, and now after posting the same thing about 100 times it is totally unbearable and makes this board unreadable. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This is getting tired. You just post the same thing over and over and over again. Do you have anything new or original to say at all?  

This is a message board.  The way it works is that brand new posters ask questions that happen to be repetitive.  In this case, they are asking them of me so I am the one who is answering them.  You should leave the world of the discussion forum if you want fresh, non-repetitive content.  

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

The bottom line is that you are still a butt hurt Gase fan boy

I never liked Adam Gase.  I supported the Jets in hiring an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball, something we'd done only 1 time in the 40 years I've been following the team.  He was a bad hire.  Now he's gone.  I couldn't care less.

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It is funny once, annoying the next 5 times, and now after posting the same thing about 100 times it is totally unbearable and makes this board unreadable. 

No, what makes this board unreadable are people like you who don't talk Jets and instead make other posters their subject matter.  We don't need a poster critic.  Put me on ignore, solves your problem.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Everything that was wrong last season was on Gase and the CS, pure and simple.  I have been a fan since 1965 and he was the worst coach in Jets history.  Yes, worse than Holtz, Kotite, Winner, etc.  Let's take a look at Douglas:

Is the QB better now than in 2019 - It sure looks like it.

Is the OL better -Yes

Are the receivers better - Yes

Are the RBs better - Yes - anything is better after Bell and Gore

Is the DL better - Yes

It remains to be seen how the LB and DBs perform

Is the kicking game better - it appears so

Is the CS staff better - well, when you go from hiring the worst candidate in 2019 to the best in 2021, I'd say yes by a long shot.  

So as to your post above, when the GM hires the new coach and drafts the new QB that has you excited, then he is doing his job.  Let's see how the 2020 and 2021 draft picks pan out this season and next.  

Mac's 2019 draft and free agent signings were a disaster.   You may say that Douglas had an offseason in 2019, but he was hired AFTER the two most important team building events in the offseason - free agency and the draft.  To say he had an offseason in 2019. because he was hired before training camp is like saying he got to eat dinner even though he got to the table after everyone else ate, but still had the crumbs that fell to the floor and whatever others left on their plates.  

The 7-9 record in 2019 was a mirage and everyone knew that.  The 2-14 record was a result of the most poorly coached and poorly designed offense and defense in the NFL.  The players Douglas traded had to go  - from Adams to Williams. If you think they both deserved $14-20 million a year deals from the Jets you are even less knowledgeable than I thought. 

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This is a message board.  The way it works is that brand new posters ask questions that happen to be repetitive.  In this case, they are asking them of me so I am the one who is answering them.  You should leave the world of the discussion forum if you want fresh, non-repetitive content.  

I never liked Adam Gase.  I supported the Jets in hiring an experienced head coach from the offensive side of the ball, something we'd done only 1 time in the 40 years I've been following the team.  He was a bad hire.  Now he's gone.  I couldn't care less.

No, what makes this board unreadable are people like you who don't talk Jets and instead make other posters their subject matter.  We don't need a poster critic.  Put me on ignore, solves your problem.

SAR I

I call BS on the Gase comment.  You didn't just like him - you loved him and still do.  Isn't it telling that other coaches the Jets fired stayed in the NFLfor a while - from Mangini, to Ryan, to Bowles.  Gase is coaching high school football. How revealing.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

You have forgotten we haven’t played a game yet. So we really aren’t sure what’s he’ actually failed on, improved some or knocked out of the part. It’s like judging a meal after reading the menu! Please tell me you’re not that guy,, woah, excuse me, I digest. 

I'm not asking for Joe Douglas to be fired.  But I am asking for Jets fans to go into this season under a caution flag and be wary of what we've seen since he's been here-  historically injured players being injured, undrafted/leftover players costing us games, and our ex-players thriving on other teams.

The ministry of no support for Sam Darnold was well underway before Joe got there. He did get Sam Darnold a left tackle and a wide receiver in Mims, though both players have  a ways to go it’s the most anyone has ever done for Sam Darnold living his red headed step child NFL life up to that point. 

Just saying that everyone is going nuts over this year's offensive additions and Douglas could have done that a year ago and cut down on this rebuilding time markedly as a result.  Now someone else is going to prove the Darnold theorem, not us.  Hey, might turn out to be a great thing, maybe Wilson is awesome and Darnold does suck.  But what we know is that we wasted last year and became a 2-win joke because of Joe Douglas' negligence.

Im 100% excited about Saleh, I’m 100% excited about LaFleur, I’m 100% excited about Zach, I’m 100 % excited about AVT and I’m 100% excited about Moore.

Same!  But there's one name that gives me cause for concern.  For some bizarre reason, Joe Douglas is getting a mulligan for the last 2 seasons and being attached by the fans and the media to the brand new Saleh Regime.  Nope.  Doesn't work that way.  JD was hired by Adam Gase and Adam Gase sucked at everything.

SAR I

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

“Joe Douglas, you are not my GM!”

In some minds, perhaps he was never hired.

Jets Fans:  "Adam Gase sucks at everything!"

[Adam Gase recruits, negotiates, and hires losing Philadelphia Eagles scout Joe Douglas as his Yes Man]

Jets Fans:  "Adam Gase must go!"

[Adam Gase is fired, his Yes Man is appointed Czar of Florham Park]

Jets Fans;  "Joe Douglas rules!  He's revolutionary!  He's The Right Way!  It's Year 1!"

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I have been a fan since 1965...

I've heard this before from you.  Stop being repetitive.  New content.  Now.  I have powerful friends.  A single PM and a $20 Sonic gift card and you're gone for a month.

SAR I

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets Fans:  "Adam Gase sucks at everything!"

[Adam Gase recruits, negotiates, and hires losing Philadelphia Eagles scout Joe Douglas as his Yes Man]

Jets Fans:  "Adam Gase must go!"

[Adam Gase is fired, his Yes Man is appointed Czar of Florham Park]

Jets Fans;  "Joe Douglas rules!  He's revolutionary!  He's The Right Way!  It's Year 1!"

SAR I

While true. I cannot help but wonder… What does this have to do with my post?

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So. Many. Corn dogs.

scale;

My son saw a commercial for something called a Grilled Cheese Burger and is begging me to take him.  I've never been to a Sonic, but it's apparently a grilled cheese sandwich with a burger in it.  Could be cool.  Or maybe its just a Friendly's Big Beef Cheeseburger knockoff?

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I'm not asking for Joe Douglas to be fired.  But I am asking for Jets fans to go into this season under a caution flag and be wary of what we've seen since he's been here-  historically injured players being injured, undrafted/leftover players costing us games, and our ex-players thriving on other teams.

your the guy demanding 8-9 wins.  doesn't sound cautious to me.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Same!  But there's one name that gives me cause for concern.  For some bizarre reason, Joe Douglas is getting a mulligan for the last 2 seasons and being attached by the fans and the media to the brand new Saleh Regime.  Nope.  Doesn't work that way.  JD was hired by Adam Gase and Adam Gase sucked at everything.

SAR I

we have to stop doing this. don't you agree. forcing coaches on GMs that they didn't pick.

what do you want to do if we go 4-13, fire JD? after 2 drafts? we would never get any good candidates if we did that. we cant keep firing GMs after 2-3 years. especially after you gave JD 6 years to make us a winner. and in year 2 he got a new HC and QB.

but fine so GM SAR I fires JD after the season. cant fire Saleh after one season. so you force another GM to take a HC he didnt pick. than after Saleh 3rd year you fire him, but the GM only had 2 years. so he stays and picks his HC. and the carousal continues

that is why JD has to be attached to the new Saleh regime.