***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

3 hours ago, kdels62 said:

I just wanna tell people here that I hated Douglas’s first off-season. Failing to sign Glasgow or Conklin and failing to make a push for Byron Jones was all crap when it happened and it remains crap now.

I wanted either Conklin or Glasgow as well. Preferably both. I have no problem overpaying for offensive lineman. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Your presumption of turning it around next year says we are close.

Based off these 3 games this team is not close to anything. To many gaps in the rosters, to many JAG's, to much youth. 

By turning it around I mean like not a dumpster fire and being competitive. 4 picks in possibly the top 50 will go a long way towards making that a reality. It would help if we we get some help on the injury front as well but this is the jets so who knows. Unfortunately a lot has gone wrong early in this season but I'm hoping they get better as season moves along so we have some hope going into next season. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

By turning it around I mean like not a dumpster fire and being competitive. 4 picks in possibly the top 50 will go a long way towards making that a reality. It would help if we we get some help on the injury front as well but this is the jets so who knows. Unfortunately a lot has gone wrong early in this season but I'm hoping they get better as season moves along so we have some hope going into next season. 

Draft picks alone aren't fixing this team. 

We need a few key free agents proven successful NFL players. 

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

tenor-3.gif.8dbb1955b02e78a20aa3b429b7622084.gif

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Sorry after 2020 done on the depend on the draft theory....Even our high picks. Becton is out, Moore cant get open, AVT holding it down ok. Mimms, well we know. 

Couple high picks still isn't changing this team

Just now, kevinc855 said:

Sorry after 2020 done on the depend on the draft theory....Even our high picks. Becton is out, Moore cant get open, AVT holding it down ok. Mimms, well we know. 

Couple high picks still isn't changing this team

We've been drafting top 10 the last 10 years. 

It has gotten us nowhere. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If what Joe Douglas inherited was so bad then Adam Gase’s should’ve won Coach of the Year motivating Maccagan’s backups and a mono-stricken quarterback to finish the season 6-2. 

The evidence is all there, it’s really black-and-white, it’s really easy to see. Joe Douglas is terrible and he has to go as soon as possible.

SAR I

Stop deluding yourself about Gase. He was horrible and the offensive genius guided the team to a bottom of the barrel offense and destroyed a once promising QB. He will never work in the NFL again. 

• Upvote 1

I mean, Mike Mayock and John Lynch have been pretty good. Why are the Johnson’s so bad at this… I mean, our last 3-4 GM’s have now had at least 1 draft of complete busts on their record.

Late stage Tanny + Rex’s influence.

Mac did it yearly, for 6 years.

Idzik 12.

2020 JD.

How the heck do you come back from over a decade if not using the draft?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I mean, Mike Mayock and John Lynch have been pretty good. Why are the Johnson’s so bad at this… I mean, our last 3-4 GM’s have now had at least 1 draft of complete busts on their record.

Late stage Tanny + Rex’s influence.

Mac did it yearly, for 6 years.

Idzik 12.

2020 JD.

How the heck do you come back from over a decade if not using the draft?

The real problem is Woody has been the unofficial de facto GM for 10 years.  He’s dangerously incompetent and knows nothing about football.  We are in a similar situation to the raiders the last 15 years Al Davis was alive

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Heads should have been rolling this morning at Florham Park. 

We should have seen something. 

JD fired 

LaFleur fired 

A few players cut 

Instead we get in the post game pressers we need to get better YES WE KNOW 

"We had a great week of practice".   "We didn't get the job done".   Pablum.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Stop deluding yourself about Gase. He was horrible and the offensive genius guided the team to a bottom of the barrel offense and destroyed a once promising QB. He will never work in the NFL again. 

27302.jpg

What? Who cares about Adam Gase?

The Titanic is sinking, there are no more lifeboats, and as you’re about to enter the frigid waters you are criticizing the way the ticket agent treated you back in Southampton?  Really?

SAR I

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Claymation said:

You want to make a change for the sake of making a change, you don't have an idea what you want but you know want something. 

I want the world

I want the whole world

I want to lock it all up in my pocket

It's my bar of chocolate

Give it to me

Now!

I now know how the oompa loompa felt.

For those who didn't get your awesome reference.

48 minutes ago, SAR I said:

27302.jpg

What? Who cares about Adam Gase?

The Titanic is sinking, there are no more lifeboats, and as you’re about to enter the frigid waters you are criticizing the way the ticket agent treated you back in Southampton?  Really?

SAR I

You were the one who brought him up not me, talking about how he should been have coach of the year. ?

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

You were the one who brought him up not me, talking about how he should have coach of the year. ?

That's because you were contending that the 2019 roster was awful and we all saw us get 7 wins with it in completely injured condition.  You can't have it both ways.  Either:

A -  Gase's 2019 roster was awesome, with even 3rd and 4th stringers playing admirably, and he was such a bad coach he coached them into the ground in 2020.

-or-

B - Gase's 2019 roster was awful but he was a good enough coach to get them to win 6 of their last 8 games and have Sam Darnold as a Top 10 NFL quarterback by QBR.  

If you go with A, then Douglas ruined the 2020 team by bad roster moves, he should have left the 2019 roster intact and just flipped the head coach.  If you go with B, then dumping Darnold and Gase for Wilson and Saleh doesn't look very prudent.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

There is no debating that JD took over a crappy roster from Macc.(I'm sure you thought he was good too). The only reason the 2019 team managed the lofty heights of 7-9 was because of the very easy 2nd half of the schedule. They beat the Giants(4-12), Washington(3-13), Raiders(7-9), Dolphins(5-11), Steelers(8-8), and Bills scrubs(barely) as they were resting the starters prior to playoffs. During that awesome second half run they also got spanked 22-6 by the soon to be 2-14 Bengals. They were a bad team that got lucky with a soft as butter second half schedule. You keep trying to spin things though and ignore reality. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Sunday in the Browns win over the Bears Kareem Hunt had 155 all purpose yards and 1 TD. 

The NY Jets didn't need a player like him.

Besides RB's are irrelevant in the NFL. 

we only like  washed up rbs-we ran a half dead gore out there last year and it worked so well Joe brought in somebody even more washed in coleman who was let go by his two previous teams including the coach's ex team 

I posted before week one our rbs are trash and folks called me a troll and more then one said I should be banned as clearly the niners system was going to work for the jets and it didnt matter what back we used either....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Sunday in the Browns win over the Bears Kareem Hunt had 155 all purpose yards and 1 TD. 

The NY Jets didn't need a player like him.

Besides RB's are irrelevant in the NFL. 

Let’s be fair.  If we played the bears with Justin Fields at qb I could see Michael Carter scoring 3 touchdowns