***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't forget save all the cap money and let all the decent free agents sign with other teams. 

Then sign players off the scrap heap and act as if you outsmarted everyone else. 

Yup...The strategy is to save all the cap money for all the studs you drafted you'll have to pay.

Problem is, of course, you have to draft well for that strategy to work.

And in this case - where it hasn't.  You now have no good vets and no good young players.  Just a disaster.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

16 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

ESPN FPI top 10 projected picks in 2022 NFL draft

New York Jets

Jacksonville Jaguars

Detroit Lions

New York Giants

Houston Texans

Atlanta Falcons

New York Giants (via Chicago Bears)

Washington Football Team

Philadelphia Eagles

Indianapolis Colts

Giants with 2 of the top 8 picks.

I think that players in the locker room do not care in the least about rookies, no matter how talented they are supposed to be. Veteran players efforts, I believe is directly proportional to the efforts the GM shows in free agency. I say because every time that the team sucks, the players, especially the veteran players seem to drop like flies.

If the GM hires close to zero top talent, and the HC says in not so many words that this year doesnt matter, why in the world would any player not take the same route and just go along and say "hey, this team doesn´t matter, yeah, I am hurting, I am out".

Only when the GM shows everyone in the locker room that this is a real effort and the HC shows everyone that this season is all that matters, only then the crazy non-ending "injuries" will stop in the Jets.

10 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Sorry, I just realized you contradicted yourself in your original statement, hence the confusion. But thank you for that Manish "I go to little boys games" Mehta article.

11 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Reactionary? Maybe 

At least we aren’t the guys defending the direction of this team. That’s a lot harder to do 

It's been 3 games with a new regime and the youngest team in the league.

Everybody needs to calm the hell down.  We all know what's going on, this is a transition year, 14 games to go, we need to see progress, the rest is babblemouth bullsh*t!

• Haha 1

2019 Season Margin of Victory Rankings

590517985_2019MOV.thumb.jpg.70ed315f7d47a8ff29645e66e3ffefc7.jpg

2020 Margin of Victory Rankings

1759460738_2020MOV.thumb.jpg.da365a1918e93afad582781b631500bb.jpg

2021 Margin of Victory Rankings thus far

896440361_2021MOV.thumb.jpg.b0fc291a3e639354352577e7f7f02069.jpg

• Win-Loss Record: The number of wins, losses, and ties
  • Win %: The percentage of time the team won
  • MOV: The average margin of victory (negative in losses)
  • ATS +/-: The average amount of points that the team covers the spread by

Recap for our Jets Margin of Victory Defeat

2019: -5.2 (ranked 25th out of 32)

2020:  -13.4 (ranked 32 out of 32)

2021: -16.7 (ranked 32 out of 32)

Nobody gets their behinds kicked more than the Jets since Snow Joe took over the program here. Remember, it's not about the wins and losses folks, but rather to "look good" losing. Jets look the worst at losing since Joe got his hands on his first free agency and draft in 2020.

#TakeFlight

• Upvote 1

I spend all my time sh*tting on my team. I actively criticize and get angry at every seemingly dumb move the Jets make. Denzel Mims is probably the latest bumbling doofus move that drew my ire.

With that said, I've found that just about everything JD does is a breath of fresh air. He's made all of the right moves in regards to drafting, FA, and overall salary cap management. The results of the Jets becoming a team that has a steady stream of talent developing behind quality starters is coming. The results certainly haven't looked great thus far, but I'm happy with the direction the team is headed in. It simply hasn't been enough time for all the newbies, including the Jets CS, to realize a good enough game plan in combination with the players realizing what they're capable of. 

However, I'm confident in saying that wins will start coming.

Anything, I've normally thought about this team normally comes true. That's always been negative things though. This is my first attempt at predicting something positive. 

So I don't care what everyone else thinks about my predictions but here they are.....

I think the Jets will win between 6 and 8 games this season. My prediction is their record will be 7-10. Toward the end of this season, when the playoff implications are long gone, this team will go on a small winning streak. Not because the teams they play have nothing to play for, but because the Jets beat them fair and square.

So count me OUT of your b*tching thread. I support JD and I believe Woody and Chris have finally made a quality hire.......

• Haha 1

If the 2021 draft class plays well towards the end of the year (really ZW, AVT and Moore) and Corey Davis and Jarrad Davis do decently, I think we give JD a pass on what he did prior to 2021.  I do think there will be alot of eyes of the Jets premium picks in 2022, and I think they learned some lessons.  

The reality is that there were not great OL FA available to JD in 2020 and 2021, and paying up for them before having a QB may have been dubious.  There were not great OL candidates to draft in 2021-JD should have drafted 4 more in 2020 rather then the guys he picked in Rds 3 and 4.  This would be an entirely different team now.  

17 hours ago, JetsRay said:

It's been 3 games with a new regime and the youngest team in the league.

Everybody needs to calm the hell down.  We all know what's going on, this is a transition year, 14 games to go, we need to see progress, the rest is babblemouth bullsh*t!

Spare me the youngest team in the nfl bullsh*t. We DRAMATICALLY improved the talent on offense (QB, RB, WR, OL) and got rid of the supposed worst coach of all time and we look markedly WORSE than last year.

• Post of the Week 1

On 9/28/2021 at 2:10 PM, joewilly12 said:

ESPN FPI top 10 projected picks in 2022 NFL draft

New York Jets

Jacksonville Jaguars

Detroit Lions

New York Giants

Houston Texans

Atlanta Falcons

New York Giants (via Chicago Bears)

Washington Football Team

Philadelphia Eagles

Indianapolis Colts

This is turning out to be the multi-year rivalry between the Jets and Jags that the NFL needs.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...