***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

10 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

when Jets spend on free agents (Mosley , Bell,  T. Johnson and others ) its no good

when Jets dont spend on free agents its no good

what do you want? 

“I’ll take good free agents for $500, Alex.”

SAR I

• Upvote 2

I honestly don't care for Joe Douglas but I think he should get the entirety of his contract just so there is zero doubt between him, us, and his fanboys.. that he in fact sucks. I don't want to hear the fanboys say he didn't have enough time to implement his plan. We suck. Whats another few years of it just so I can post "HA! Told you so. Joe Douglas is cheeks".

• Thumb Down 3

39 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas is doing exactly what needs to be done.  I cant express the gratitude I have for this man.  We are finally doing it the right way.  What a great sign for the future of this franchise.

This shtick is worse than SAR fawning over Adam Gase.

SAR I

• Haha 2

Just now, DLJ said:

Because we’ve won so many super bowls with splash signings

We went 11-5 and went to the AFC Championship with splash signings. We went 2-14 and have been perennial losers since "winning through the draft". Your side of the coin is laughable. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2

Just now, pointman said:

We went 11-5 and went to the AFC Championship with splash signings. We went 2-14 and have been perennial losers since "winning through the draft". Your side of the coin is laughable. 

What part of long term success do you people not realize?  Getting to 2 AFC Champioship games means nothing when you suck for 10 straight years after that.

Joe Douglas is building this the right way.  Its the 1st time its ever been done in franchise history.

This is step 1 in a plan for LONG term success.  Accept it cause it is going to be glorious.

I told you guys about the bald beast 2 years ago.  I am now telling you how we are being setup to have sustained success.  Start listening.

• Upvote 2

I'm not going to pretend that I wouldn't be tickled pink if Thuney and another premium pick was signed today, but I'm also not in despair. You win championships by extending drafted players, with one or two big splashes in free agency. Nobody wants to think that we are in a long term rebuild, but we are in year 1.5 of that rebuild. I have faith that Coach Saleh and JD have the big picture in mind instead of going on a Maccagnanesque spending spree on way overpriced castaways. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why would being in favor of a true rebuild be a schtick?

That was 2019.  Out with Bowles, out with Maccagnan, we're going to rebuild the right way.

And now we're not actually building anything.  We have a GM that doesn't want to spend any money, reared in the Ravens culture.  The Ravens, FYI, would be 0-20 for Super Bowl wins since 2000 if not for one fluke season by Joe Flacco.  I'm not saying we're entitled to a winning season.  But we're, again, going to be worse than last year.  7-9 to 4-12 to 3-14.

I'm as loyal as they come and I ain't signing up for that.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

Just the arrogance of someone that thinks he can low ball players when his drafts aint been sh*t. Newsflash Joe: you work for a sh*tty franchise called the Ny jets. You hav eto pay pay premium for premium positions like pass rusher while you draft a replacement. This gives you something called leverage.

No idea wtf he's doing but it's crap so far.

Also any coincidence that woody's back and our coffers are stingy?

Hmmmm

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Joe Douglas is building this the right way.  Its the 1st time its ever been done in franchise history.

This is step 1 in a plan for LONG term success.  Accept it cause it is going to be glorious.

You think Baltimore Ravens fans are happy with 1 fluke Super Bowl win and 19 seasons of playoff losses?  They'd be 0 for 20 if not for one Joe Flacco fluke.  Eagles?  Even worse.

Hey, I'm a Jets fan, I get it, I'll take one Super Bowl win.  But this isn't the way to do it.  This isn't "long term success".

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That was 2019.  Out with Bowles, out with Maccagnan, we're going to rebuild the right way.

And now we're not actually building anything.  We have a GM that doesn't want to spend any money, reared in the Ravens culture.  The Ravens, FYI, would be 0-20 for Super Bowl wins since 2000 if not for one fluke season by Joe Flacco.  I'm not saying we're entitled to a winning season.  But we're, again, going to be worse than last year.  7-9 to 4-12 to 3-14.

I'm as loyal as they come and I ain't signing up for that.

SAR I

So go away and come back in 2 or 3 years when we have awesome, young players set up to succeed long term.

I for one am going to love watching zach wilson sling it around to mims, whatever wr we take at 23, travis etienne or whatever rb we take at the top of the 2nd round etc.  

This is going to be the best 4-12 season a team can possibley have.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, talisaynon said:

Just the arrogance of someone that thinks he can low ball players when his drafts aint been sh*t. Newsflash Joe: you work for a sh*tty franchise called the Ny jets. You hav eto pay pay premium for premium positions like pass rusher while you draft a replacement. This gives you something called leverage.

No idea wtf he's doing but it's crap so far.

Also any coincidence that woody's back and our coffers are stingy?

Hmmmm

Give examples of him low balling players. 

• Upvote 1