***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

6 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm wondering what JD does before the trade deadline. Try to acquire some talent to fill some holes?

NAHHH, JD gona JD and send some talent over for late rounders......just wait for it...

I would guess it will be dependent on what capital is required in return and for whom. Kind of an odd empty handed question to ask.

8 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I'm wondering what JD does before the trade deadline. Try to acquire some talent to fill some holes?

NAHHH, JD gona JD and send some talent over for late rounders......just wait for it...

If he’s smart he trades for Deshaun Watson at the deadline and saves his career and this team

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

So you're afraid he's going to do the smart thing?   interesting take, Lil Kevy Kev

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

If he’s smart he trades for Deshaun Watson at the deadline and saves his career and this team

If Gruden is exiled for using a word for female anatomy 10 years ago how the hell can the NFL allow Watson to ever take another snap? He is done.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I already did the work for you. The lone player that was salvagable on the entire roster was Quinnen Williams. Prove me wrong. You wont, because you can't. 

The 53 men on the 2019 Jets won 7 games and the 53 men on the 2020/2021 Jets have won 3.  Prove me wrong.  You won't, because you can't.

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here is what we know about your presence on this board:

Here's what we know about yours:  You've apparently got 21,000 posts on this board and I didn't know you existed until today.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jgb said:

If Gruden is exiled for using a word for female anatomy 10 years ago how the hell can the NFL allow Watson to ever take another snap? He is done.

Accused vs. caught, no?  Legit, dont know the answer but in this situation, Gruden was caught and as of right now, there is no proof Watson did this stuff, right?  Just girls claiming it?  It's not like Kraft where there was video.  I'm legit asking, not following the Watson stuff.  It was heartbreaking for me...lol

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Albaniajet said:

Where are the criminal charges?

we’ve only been waiting for 10 months

Not needed. Goodell is judge, jury, and executioner. 

7 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Accused vs. caught, no?  Legit, dont know the answer but in this situation, Gruden was caught and as of right now, there is no proof Watson did this stuff, right?  Just girls claiming it?  It's not like Kraft where there was video.  I'm legit asking, not following the Watson stuff.  It was heartbreaking for me...lol

NFL operates according to the "more reasonable than not" standard -- and even that is hazy since it basically comes down to Lord Emperor Goodell giving the thumbs up or down. Also almost anything can be packaged into a "conduct detrimental" ruling, even if not proven, alleged or even considered a crime.

In summary, no criminal indictment or conviction needed to justify Goodell here. I'm predicting he makes a statement. Watson will then challenge and possibly win, and then potentially be blackballed by the individual teams. The league will then cough up a confidential Kaep settlement and that's that.

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

He and Trevor Bauer can swap stories next year in the unemployment line.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, doitny said:

what are your goals for the Jets? you wanted to build on that fake 7-9 mirage season? and do what? maybe make a WC and get beat cause Sam Sucky Darnold is our QB?

No, but I'm glad you asked.-

The fundamental mistakes were 1) overreacting to last year's record which was against an incredibly tough schedule and saw the Jets with horrendous injuries, and 2) overreacting to a trigger-happy fanbase that scapegoats the guy with the worst press conference personality.

There is a time and a place to get rid of your rebuilding head coach and your rebuilding quarterback and that's once you've established that you've assembled a strong core OL and some quality playmakers on O and D.  Darnold was satisfactory and on his rookie contract.  Gase and his staff had proven a penchant for keeping dysfunctional, broken teams upbeat, focused, and winning.  

We should have kept Darnold and Gase for another year.  We'd have a QB and the entire offense in the same system for 3 seasons.  We'd have a D with a mix of youngsters and veterans who were comfortable in a system and proven to be able to beat NFL teams.  And then we'd have that abundance of Douglas' premium draft picks being onboarded into something that worked, with a coaching staff that can handle adversity, with a QB that could complete basic throws and dink and doink where needed, and a very easy 2019-like schedule.

Darnold and Gase were not the long term answer.  But they were good placeholders in a rebuild and Douglas pulled the trigger too soon on a rookie Saleh, a rookie LaFleur, and a rookie Wilson and now not only are they struggling, but all the other young players are struggling too.  It's dysfunction atop dysfunction.  It didn't need to be like this.  We should have waited to get rid of Gase and Darnold until 2022.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

As usual, we totally suck and have no shot at the playoffs, but most certainly will not get the top pick. 

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No no no no, you see that's better than going 10-7 and losing in the wildcard round. 

Hey, didn't the Giants go 9-7 and an expected first round elimination and win a Super Bowl as a wildcard?  Didn't the Eagles get into the playoffs with a backup QB and an expected first round elimination and win a Super Bowl? 

Let me get back to you on that.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Albaniajet said:

Suckopono was JD jumping the shark

This.

If Joe Douglas were truly committed to the long-play slow rebuild strategy, then jumping the gun on a new all-rookie coaching staff and a rookie quarterback is Stupid GM'ing 101.

You wait until the roster turns the corner and then you go flip the HC/OC/DC and QB.  He flipped everything and made an absolute dysfunctional mess.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

u hid most of last week.

No he didn’t. Neither did I. Go pound salt pal, it’s been the worst 12 year stretch I could imagine. We saw the writing on the wall with Sanchez, Geno, Darnold and sat quietly and patiently rooting for them while ignoring the obvious. I have 40 years into this organization with nothing to show for it. What you clearly want to overlook is blatantly obvious to me. Zach is every bit as bad as Sanchez/Geno/Darnold. He’s a kid that has played football at a level that isn’t even close to NFL speed, and until his last season in college he wasn’t even very good at that. I’ll scream it till I’m blue in the face, soon enough you will too.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

This.

If Joe Douglas were truly committed to the long-play slow rebuild strategy, then jumping the gun on a new all-rookie coaching staff and a rookie quarterback is Stupid GM'ing 101.

You wait until the roster turns the corner and then you go flip the HC/OC/DC and QB.  He flipped everything and made an absolute dysfunctional mess.

SAR I

You just "This'd" a post from a 16 year old troll saying the word "Suckapono"

Your foulness and fraudulence knows no bottom.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

IMG-2747.jpg

Was so nice to see this today, more of the "we don't need to win we just need to get better" propaganda, curious, since the t-shirt slogans talk about all gas and full speed and no braking.

SAR I

yeah, like what does "get better" even mean?

9 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

“Get better” The 2021 NY Jets

”Win football games” The other 31 teams

Im so excited to be on the JD wild experiment ride with our pee wee football hype. “Just play better guys” Will everyone get a trophy at the end as well?

Joke franchise 

At the end of the season, players, coaches and all support staff are invited to enjoy a gingerbread likeness of Woody Johnson.  And hard juice boxes.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

Gruden checked 3 boxes: Racist, Homophobic, and Misogynistic. 

Watson got hand jobs like Robert Kraft. 

I have limited information like everyone else but what I heard sounds a lot different than consensual/paid for hand cranks.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

No, but I'm glad you asked.-

The fundamental mistakes were 1) overreacting to last year's record which was against an incredibly tough schedule and saw the Jets with horrendous injuries, and 2) overreacting to a trigger-happy fanbase that scapegoats the guy with the worst press conference personality.

There is a time and a place to get rid of your rebuilding head coach and your rebuilding quarterback and that's once you've established that you've assembled a strong core OL and some quality playmakers on O and D.  Darnold was satisfactory and on his rookie contract.  Gase and his staff had proven a penchant for keeping dysfunctional, broken teams upbeat, focused, and winning.  

We should have kept Darnold and Gase for another year.  We'd have a QB and the entire offense in the same system for 3 seasons.  We'd have a D with a mix of youngsters and veterans who were comfortable in a system and proven to be able to beat NFL teams.  And then we'd have that abundance of Douglas' premium draft picks being onboarded into something that worked, with a coaching staff that can handle adversity, with a QB that could complete basic throws and dink and doink where needed, and a very easy 2019-like schedule.

Darnold and Gase were not the long term answer.  But they were good placeholders in a rebuild and Douglas pulled the trigger too soon on a rookie Saleh, a rookie LaFleur, and a rookie Wilson and now not only are they struggling, but all the other young players are struggling too.  It's dysfunction atop dysfunction.  It didn't need to be like this.  We should have waited to get rid of Gase and Darnold until 2022.

SAR I

if we weren't picking 3rd Sam would still be here. you cant waste a chance when you pick that high and already know you need a new QB to pass up picking one. but we both know Gase had to go.

you are one of the most impatient men i ever met and after knowing how bad a HC Gase was you were going to give him a 3rd year? you want to get rid of Saleh after 5 games...

we do have vets on D. Mosely, Joyner, Maye, and Curry. now all but Mosely got injured but theres nothing you can do about that. 

the problem is not JD, its Wilson. if feet had hands attached to them we would be 2-3. hell if the defense held them on that last drive and kept it at 3 or even 6 points we could have won.

all the offensive rookies are struggling cause of Wilson. the defensive rookies are playing good. even the OL has been playing better. only gave up 2 sacks on Sunday. 

you keep Sam and Gase and they do exactly what they did last season. win just enough games to put us out of reach for the best QB in the draft. 

your plan sounds like the same one that was talked about before the draft. build the team then add the QB. problem with that is the team will be good enough to keep you drafting low so you cant get a top QB. 

7 minutes ago, freestater said:

Really don't think Becton is a pick to "hang your hat on". Not when Wirfs was sitting right there. 

...and before anybody says it, I'm not going to play along and pretend we didn't need a RT along with you. 

We sure did need a RT.  But when you also need a LT, pick # 11 is probably too early to be taking a RT when a quality projected LT is available.

If Wirfs ends up making the switch to LT and is effective there, I'll gladly change my tune.  For now, taking the projected LT was the right move at the time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We sure did need a RT.  But when you also need a LT, pick # 11 is probably too early to be taking a RT when a quality projected LT is available.

If Wirfs ends up making the switch to LT and is effective there, I'll gladly change my tune.  For now, taking the projected LT was the right move at the time.

Completely disagree. I'll take the reliable, sturdy RT over a guy who's size is a contributing factor to his inability to play a full season. 

4 hours ago, freestater said:

Completely disagree. I'll take the reliable, sturdy RT over a guy who's size is a contributing factor to his inability to play a full season. 

With hindsight as a guide, of course you’re right.  But we couldn’t have known he’d be THIS injury prone at the time.  After all, he didn’t get hurt at Louisville.  At the time he was drafted, people were more concerned about his pass blocking abilities than his size, if I recall correctly.

I get that his size put him at higher risk than most, but Douglas clearly saw Ogden-type upside (another huge human who rarely got hurt) and I get the process behind that.  

Results-based analysis is always going to be flawed.  Have to focus more on process here. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

With hindsight as a guide, of course you’re right.  But we couldn’t have known he’d be THIS injury prone at the time.  After all, he didn’t get hurt at Louisville.  At the time he was drafted, people were more concerned about his pass blocking abilities than his size, if I recall correctly.

I get that his size put him at higher risk than most, but Douglas clearly saw Ogden-type upside (another huge human who rarely got hurt) and I get the process behind that.  

Results-based analysis is always going to be flawed.  Have to focus more on process here. 

I greatly preferred Wirfs in that draft not because of Becton's size but run blocking.

Although Becton is now a "free Mims" proponent so there is that :) 

• Upvote 1