***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

7 minutes ago, clayton163v said:

Threads like this do not help Joe Douglas build the club patiently.  We were just 2-14.  The roster is poor. 

Patiently? 

We just fired Adam Gase for winning 9 games with a roster built to win 3!  That ain't patience.  That's why no free agents want to come here.  

SAR I

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What part of long term success do you people not realize?  Getting to 2 AFC Champioship games means nothing when you suck for 10 straight years after that.

Joe Douglas is building this the right way.  Its the 1st time its ever been done in franchise history.

This is step 1 in a plan for LONG term success.  Accept it cause it is going to be glorious.

I told you guys about the bald beast 2 years ago.  I am now telling you how we are being setup to have sustained success.  Start listening.

So you dismiss all the losing since and this "build through the draft" is a new concept by Joe Douglas? OK. 

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD is complete garbage in FA....like go get a player dude 

yesssssssssssssssss

lets sign Trumaine Johnson 

lets sign CJ Mosley

Lets sign superstar running back Bell

lets sign Spencer Long

lets sign Avery Williamson 

JET UP!!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Yes talent is a good thing ??

i dont see any talent in that list

i see overpriced free agents who got a lot of money from a bad organization and decided to retire on the field

did you wanted the Jets super over pay the over pay that Thuney and Linsley  got and watch them retire on the field while wearing Jets jersey ?

have you learned nothing from past mistakes? 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

i dont see any talent in that list

i see overpriced free agents who got a lot of money from a bad organization and decided to retire on the field

did you wanted the Jets super over pay the over pay that Thuney and Linsley  got and watch them retire on the field while wearing Jets jersey ?

have you learned nothing from past mistakes? 

Yes the roster as is will def get us to the promised land!! 

41 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously.  I mean he only managed one draft in 3 years . What a slacker

He has had a rare advantage no other GM has ever had-  he was hired very early in the year immediately after the draft and FA period.  He got a mulligan and the ability to deeply study the roster so that he would be the most prepared GM in NFL history going into his first draft.  $3M to take notes.  What a luxury.

And what did he do with it?  His record stands as the owner of a 7-9 team that fell to 2-14, a cavalcade of bust FA's, a one-player draft, top players begging off the team, can't even unearth a friggin' kicker, and now has an embarrassing bag full of money that he can't get anyone to take.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

He has had a rare advantage no other GM has ever had-  he was hired very early in the year immediately after the draft and FA period.  He got a mulligan and the ability to deeply study the roster so that he would be the most prepared GM in NFL history going into his first draft.  What a luxury.

And what did he do with it?  His record stands as the owner of a 7-9 team that fell to 2-14, a cavalcade of bust FA's, top players begging off the team, can't even unearth a friggin' kicker, and now has an embarrassing bag full of money that he can't get anyone to take.

SAR I

I guess you have to build through the draft because those players have no choice to come to the Jets.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

JD is complete garbage in FA....like go get a player dude 

I'm really looking forward to writing that $5,000 season ticket check next month, nothing like going all-in on a 3-14 team that's going to treat us to 1 home win in 8 tries while we wear sweaty masks and foggy goggles trying to avoid drunk sneezers and coughers.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

I'm really looking forward to writing that $5,000 season ticket check next month, nothing like going all-in on a 3-14 team that's going to treat us to 1 home win in 8 tries while we wear sweaty masks and foggy goggles trying to avoid drunk sneezers and coughers.

SAR I

But we can pat ourselves on the back after watching Jet loses by saying "HEY MAN WE DIDNT OVERPAY THAT GUY IN FA!!"

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JazzyJet said:

I guess you have to build through the draft because those players have no choice to come to the Jets.

The good ones opt-out after their first season and the mediocre ones demand a new contract after their second.

After being at wits end with Smith / Fitzpatrick / Petty / Hackenberg I said to myself that I'm going to give Darnold three years, going to let him get me excited about a youth movement, going to watch him develop, it's going to keep me in my seats.  

I might be done.

SAR I

• Upvote 2