Jump to content

***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD


freestater
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, doitny said:

so 21 games is enough to get him fired? his 2nd draft had just played 5 games. can we give those guys a full year?

thats the problem with this fan base, they want success yesterday. 

the 2020 draft could have 5 out of 9 players for us. will any be All Pros? not now but maybe Becton later on. but they can be good solid starters for us. thats over 50%. and Hall is already a very good CB

and 2021 has already has AVT, CB Carter and Echols playing really well. Wilson, Moore and RB Carter need a little more time.

and his pickups like Quincy William and JFM have been studs. and Huff has played well too.

he has made mistakes too, but to call him a BAD GM without giving these draft picks more time is not right.

i guess you werent in agreement when the rest of this board said this season is about development and not wins. 

i want want wins too but i think its crazy to expect that from a rookie QB. Justin Herberts are a very rare thing for rookie QBs. 

 

3-18

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, doitny said:

so 21 games is enough to get him fired? his 2nd draft had just played 5 games. can we give those guys a full year?

thats the problem with this fan base, they want success yesterday. 

the 2020 draft could have 5 out of 9 players for us. will any be All Pros? not now but maybe Becton later on. but they can be good solid starters for us. thats over 50%. and Hall is already a very good CB

and 2021 has already has AVT, CB Carter and Echols playing really well. Wilson, Moore and RB Carter need a little more time.

and his pickups like Quincy William and JFM have been studs. and Huff has played well too.

he has made mistakes too, but to call him a BAD GM without giving these draft picks more time is not right.

i guess you werent in agreement when the rest of this board said this season is about development and not wins. 

i want want wins too but i think its crazy to expect that from a rookie QB. Justin Herberts are a very rare thing for rookie QBs. 

 

Ask yourself if the team is getting better.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Ask yourself if the team is getting better.

its 5 games man. you guys are treating every week like its the Denver game.

yes it is getting better.

if its about wins then you were not listening to Saleh in Aug. your not going to ever be happy this year. 

you want competitive games we  had that 2 weeks in a row... 

1st 3 weeks we scored 20 points, last 2 we scored 47. yeah we are improving.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2021 at 12:50 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah, you are confused. That happens when you don't read carefully. 

Someone said he got worse since week 1. He clearly didn't get worse from Week 3 to week 4 where he carried this team to a win. So no, he hasn't not JUST gotten worse. There was at least 1 good week in between. 

If we had benched him week 3, we never would have seen the week 4 performance. 

Do  you suggest we just start him when he plays well? Maybe check in with Nostradamus before each game. 

 

In other words a rookie QB

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Ask yourself if the team is getting better.

No, ask yourself if the team has more talent today than it did last season.

You can count up W & Ls for all of 5 games and draw your usual conclusions of doom and gloom.  Its what people who dont actually watch football.  Or dont understand what theyre watching.

  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

They could fire Douglas based solely off of the decision to tie Zack Wilson’s future to a clearly overmatched 33 year old rookie OC

Yeah, excerpt that wasnt the decision.  The decision was to pair LaFleur with the highly rated and respected Knapp to nurture Wilson and the offense.  Unfortunately a biking accident ended that plan abruptly.  

But do forget

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They could fire Douglas based solely off of the decision to tie Zack Wilson’s future to a clearly overmatched 33 year old rookie OC
Look ... im giving JD through next season ...why ? Because he tore the team down to load up on the 2021 and 2022 drafts. If he builds The Great Wall of NJ in front of Zach and the 2021 draft pans out, we make a run at the playoffs next year ... he gets extended ... otherwise adios amigos ... both he and Saleh.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No, ask yourself if the team has more talent today than it did last season.

You can count up W & Ls for all of 5 games and draw conclusions.  Its what people who dont actually watch football do

Lets be honest, you are going to kiss ass regardless of how bad the team is.

  • Post of the Week 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, doitny said:

its 5 games man. you guys are treating every week like its the Denver game.

yes it is getting better.

if its about wins then you were not listening to Saleh in Aug. your not going to ever be happy this year. 

you want competitive games we  had that 2 weeks in a row... 

1st 3 weeks we scored 20 points, last 2 we scored 47. yeah we are improving.

Its always about wins. All that matters is winning. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, excerpt that wasnt the decision.  The decision was to pair LaFleur with the highly rated and respected Knapp to nurture Wilson and the offense.  Unfortunately a biking accident ended that plan abruptly.  

But do forget

A franchise felled by the loss of the “highly rated” Greg Knapp.

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Lets be honest, you are going to kiss ass regardless of how bad the team is.

Lets be really honest compared to your constant mindless bitching anyone would seem like theyre kissing ass.  Wait, who's ass am I kissing exactly?  Any more dumb complaints about what I post 

If you dont think theres ore talent on this roster than last years youre just plain bitching to bitch

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

A franchise felled by the loss of the “highly rated” Greg Knapp.

Stick to the subject without the usual over exaggeration added I was talking the whole support staff that was in place for our QB.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Prior to his disastrous stint as Matt Ryan’s QB coach, Greg Knapp was charged with developing Paxton Lynch. For a “highly rated” offensive genius, Greg Knapp sure did get fired a lot.

Greg Knapp (RIP) is the biggest lame excuse for why the Jets offense looks like shiznit. No disrespect to the man but he was a failed offensive coordinator. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Its always about wins. All that matters is winning. 

true, but this season you realistically could not expect many wins.

4-5 wins with Wilson and some of the rookies looking good is expectable. next year we better get the wins.

history has shown us that rookie QBs dont get many wins. Herberts rookie win total is very rare. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They could fire Douglas based solely off of the decision to tie Zack Wilson’s future to a clearly overmatched 33 year old rookie OC

Clearly overmatched? You're basing this one what? 5 games and Zach Wilson hitting the feet of his receivers? I guess we agree that LaFleur needs to call fewer plays that ask Wilson to throw at the feet of his receivers. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Clearly overmatched? You're basing this one what? 5 games and Zach Wilson hitting the feet of his receivers? I guess we agree that LaFleur needs to call fewer plays that ask Wilson to throw at the feet of his receivers. 

There's certainly a case to be made that some of that is on the OC.

Zach never had that problem before - it's not like it's a trend from his past.  He's missing a lot of throws because he's clearly in his own head.  Question is, how much of getting the QB better prepared is on the OC?

Is it the OC's job to have your QB in the proper head space?

I honestly don't' know the answer to it, nor do I know if ML's age has anything to do with it...

I haven't seen anything from ML yet that worries me but I do think it's a legitimate question.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, T0mShane said:

If Greg Knapp was the main guy, then why wasn’t he the OC? 

Because that wasn’t his job, it was passing coordinator, someone for LaFleur to lean on and his main job was to prepare Wilson. 
Maybe this is what he wanted at this point in his life

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

There's certainly a case to be made that some of that is on the OC.

Zach never had that problem before - it's not like it's a trend from his past.  He's missing a lot of throws because he's clearly in his own head.  Question is, how much of getting the QB better prepared is on the OC?

Is it the OC's job to have your QB in the proper head space?

I honestly don't' know the answer to it, nor do I know if ML's age has anything to do with it...

I haven't seen anything from ML yet that worries me but I do think it's a legitimate question.

Zach has also never played NFL football before. The game is faster, the players hit harder, and his level of competition has also increased. He went from playing home games in Utah to playing under a microscope in New York. It's understandable that a rosy cheek bumpkin like Zach is going to be a little unsettled. I'm not concerned about his nerves over the long haul, but you can see that the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. You know what helps slow the game down? Completing the high percentage passes. I know I keep harping on this, but footballs landing at the feet of receivers is not an OC issue. At the NFL level, if you can't complete the high percentage passes, you are not going to last long as a QB.

"Hey Zach, instead of throwing the ball lower, throw it higher."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Zach has also never played NFL football before. The game is faster, the players hit harder, and his level of competition has also increased. He went from playing home games in Utah to playing under a microscope in New York. It's understandable that a rosy cheek bumpkin like Zach is going to be a little unsettled. I'm not concerned about his nerves over the long haul, but you can see that the game hasn't slowed down for him yet. You know what helps slow the game down? Completing the high percentage passes. I know I keep harping on this, but footballs landing at the feet of receivers is not an OC issue. At the NFL level, if you can't complete the high percentage passes, you are not going to last long as a QB.

"Hey Zach, instead of throwing the ball lower, throw it higher."

I get you and I'm not even arguing that point.  Zach has to be better.

I was just pointing out that it's a question worth asking.  Could LeFleur's youth and inexperience be part of the problem with not helping to slow down that game sooner?

As I said I don't know that answer to that.

With that said, I do tend to agree with you - that ZW would be having the same or similar problems with any OC.  It's just a matter of repetition and getting comfortable - reps and time on the field is the only thing that's going to help ZW.  Maybe having some playmakers making his job a little easier might expedite the process.

I believe the Jets talent level on offense, across the board, is the far bigger culprit here than the OC.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Hypothetical for the homers....

If Moore continues to be a ghost....

Zach only shows moderate to no improvement...

Carter the RB remains at 3-4 ypc 

Pinnock/marshall remains a non factor

Do you really trust JD with all those picks in 22? 

 

No.  Not in my opinion.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...