***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

1 hour ago, JETSY14 said:

The fact is that the Johnsons are too cheap to hire experienced GMs. Our last 3 were all rookies.  During a rebuild you need to have experience and not roll the dice with rookies.  Their poor choices and decisions have set this franchise back years and years.  You must be living in your fantasy Jetland, wake up And smell the coffee. 

And your fact is proven dead wrong with Douglas hire.  And everywhere else that the Jet’s spend.  The worst fantasy is you equate bad hires with being cheap and keep repeating it.  I don’t need to wake up and smell the coffee. Who are all the experienced GMs the Jets were too cheap to hire?  Which one has a bigger contract than JD.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Jets Illuminati Mode in full effect today.

I would read a 2,500 word paper on why a large segment of Jets fans have concluded that guys like Rex, Herm and, now, Saleh are good, but Parcells and Mangini were franchise-killers. It’s truly astounding. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

People seem to be forgetting we played only 2 of our 9 home games.....
JD and the Jets got a pass last year from boo birds due to Covid. Its going to be loud in Metlife but if the team doesnt turn it around, it wont be cheers you hear. 

Jets fans already booed their rookie QB in the 1st home game and cheered when he single handily won the 2nd home game.

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would read a 2,500 word paper on why a large segment of Jets fans have concluded that guys like Rex, Herm and, now, Saleh are good, but Parcells and Mangini were franchise-killers. It’s truly astounding. 

Parcells was a bit of both.  Far and away the best head coach this team has had in my time as a fan.

As a GM on draft day?  He wasn't much better than Idzik and Mac.

Multiple drafts with 10+ picks that yielded absolutely nothing.

Not sure I can think of a better example of how tough it is to draft good players.  If HoF head coaches can't recognize a good football player, how is anyone else supposed to be able to?

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Welcome to a Jets message board

opinions are what we do here 

"It will be so easy to replace Mark Sanchez."

"It will be so easy to replace Brian Schottenheimer."

"It will be so easy to replace Mike Tannenbaum."

"It will be so easy to replace Mike Maccagnan."

"It will be so easy to replace Adam Gase."

The Genius Jets Illuminati who brought you these fantastic takes act like they state facts and you merely state "opinions".

Remind them.  Don't let them forget.  We've been waiting, what, 11 years for a quarterback that's better than Mark Sanchez?  Didn't think things could get worse than Maccagnan and Gase?  Real Mensa candidates right there.  Every time they scream for something we get worse.  Worse.  Maybe they should stop talking.

SAR I

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Parcells was a bit of both.  Far and away the best head coach this team has had in my time as a fan.

As a GM on draft day?  He wasn't much better than Idzik and Mac.

Multiple drafts with 10+ picks that yielded absolutely nothing.

Not sure I can think of a better example of how tough it is to draft good players.  If HoF head coaches can't recognize a good football player, how is anyone else supposed to be able to?

His Abraham-Ellis-Pennington-Becht first round was better than every Mac draft combined.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

25 minutes ago, Claymation said:

George Young was a rookie GM when transformed the Giants in the 80’s and 90’s.

Ron Wolf was also a 1st time GM

I'm not staying there are no rookie GMs that got it. The odds are stacked against that happening.  You need experience. 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Wana make a bet he does miss the whole season tho? State your wager 

Sitting at 1-6 on Halloween with riotous costumed Jets fans participating in the MetLife Stadium Insurrection, Becton's people will let Joe Douglas know that Mekhi has played his last down in New Jersey.  Same for Zach Wilson's peeps.  Vera-Tucker's handlers too.  They need to get their clients out of dodge before the stench ruins what's left of their NFL futures.

By letting Jamal walk, Douglas has made himself one sweet reputation in the eyes of parents, agents, and personal position coaches.

SAR I

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jamesr said:

Yeah, much better to have 5 one year rebuilds so we get the satisfaction of firing more people. emoji12.png

Just make quick decisions, that's all.  Joe Douglas has had 30 months, 2 drafts, 2 FA periods, and we are headed to 3-30.  We shouldn't be developing young GM's.  We should be churning them and burning them quickly.  They can either pick players or they can't.  Joe can't.  Move on now.  Find another young guy, see what he can do, if his hit rate is good, keep him.

SAR I

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, you just have to look at Mangini’s body of work since he left the Jets to see the genius pouring out of him. Probably more embarrassing than letting Belichick go to the Pats. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Just make quick decisions, that's all.  Joe Douglas has had 30 months, 2 drafts, 2 FA periods, and we are headed to 3-30.  We shouldn't be developing young GM's.  We should be churning them and burning them quickly.  They can either pick players or they can't.  Joe can't.  Move on now.  Find another young guy, see what he can do, if his hit rate is good, keep him.

SAR I

Yes, this type of knee jerk reactions hiring and firing of leadership will make the franchise a HUGE draw for future candidates that are worth their salt. 

1 minute ago, slats said:

Yeah, you just have to look at Mangini’s body of work since he left the Jets to see the genius pouring out of him. Probably more embarrassing than letting Belichick go to the Pats. 

I mean it’s a tough call. You could have just tied Bill Belichick to a radiator and such.

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

We are rebuilding incorrectly.

The Jets Illuminati should have realized that Adam Gase went 7-9 with a young, beat up, incomplete roster and was actually the right guy for the rebuild.  Should have kept him.  He proved that he could get 100% out of rookies and third stringers and win against a weak schedule.  We'd be 3-2 at worst if he and Darnold were still here.  Mims and Carter and Carter and Moore and Vera-Tucker would be feeling a lot more confident and accomplished right now if they weren't dealing with a kindergarten coaching staff and preschool quarterback.

No different than my rebuilding Rangers and David Quinn.  Not a great head coach, but someone that the young players could learn from and develop under.  And once the core of the team was built, boom, goodbye, and in comes a great head coach and some strong veterans who immediately have a noticeable impact and winning ways.

SAR I

i get it now. you love Adam Gase. 

and your so mad he got fired you are going all scorched earth on the people who did it. you want his friend who he got a job for JD to be fired for firing him. you want the guy who replaced him Saleh to fail so you can keep saying Gase was a good coach.

i dont know where you been but Sam Darnold still sucks. he is winless without the 2ND BEST RB IN THE NFL!!!!!

so unless you have some amazing trade for CMC or Derick Henry we would be 0-5 with Sam. 

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

People seem to be forgetting we played only 2 of our 9 home games.....

JD and the Jets got a pass last year from boo birds due to Covid. Its going to be loud in Metlife but if the team doesnt turn it around, it wont be cheers you hear. 

MetLife Stadium Insurrection

October 31, 4pm

1-6 record

60,000 fed up liquored up Jets fans in surgical and Halloween masks.

I'm telling you, it's going to be Armageddon.  People should scoop up the $10 tickets just to see it happen.  It's going to be one of those flying lawnmower we want the pumpkin throw snowballs at Santa inflatable love doll moments you can tell your grandkids about.

SAR I

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Let's agree to disagree. :-) 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

October 31, 4pm

1-6 record

I'm telling you, it's going to be Armageddon.  People should scoop up the $10 tickets just to see it happen.  It's going to be one of those flying lawnmower we want the pumpkin throw snowballs at Santa inflatable love doll moments you can tell your grandkids about.

SAR I

Burning JD effigies? 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

His Abraham-Ellis-Pennington-Becht first round was better than every Mac draft combined.

Yes, he was afforded a historic opportunity on draft day and found two D-linemen, a QB who was great from 0-12 yards and a jag TE.

Everything else was trash and compounded by bad deals.  Moved down twice in the first round in '97, passing on HoF LT's both times (Orlando Pace and Walter Jones) so that he could draft a guy who had 1 good year as a Jet (Farrior) before moving on.

Take a look at every class he had with 10+ picks and offer an honest evaluation, sir.

30 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

SAR please meet a mirror. This thread is about Joe Douglas. Not coaching. You have totally moved your own trolling goal line. If a take is stupid, I call it as such. Stupid is as stupid does.

Joe Douglas hired the head coach!  He's the Football Man of Flohram Park!  He reports to the owner and the coach reports to him!  Just like the Illuminati wanted!

Saleh's hiring may go down as Douglas' biggest blunder of all.

Surely merits discussion.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

October 31, 4pm

1-6 record

SAR I

lol luckily this is the one game im giving my tickets up for. (to Jet fans for good etiquette) Have to take the little one trick or treating

Ya it may get ugly if we get the L to the Pats then to the Bengals....

Might be smart to miss that one... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yes, he was afforded a historic opportunity on draft day and found two D-linemen, a QB who was great from 0-12 yards and a jag TE.

Oh yea, just discount the draft then? Insanity

I would take that draft anyday and so would most rationale people not in an argument trying to prove a point

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And your fact is proven dead wrong with Douglas hire.  And everywhere else that the Jet’s spend.  The worst fantasy is you equate bad hires with being cheap and keep repeating it.  I don’t need to wake up and smell the coffee. Who are all the experienced GMs the Jets were too cheap to hire?  Which one has a bigger contract than JD.  

Your telling me that in the last 9 years there were no GMs with experience out there to hire. It was us the Johnsons unwillingness to pay.

14 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Sitting at 1-6 on Halloween with riotous costumed Jets fans participating in the MetLife Stadium Insurrection, Becton's people will let Joe Douglas know that Mekhi has played his last down in New Jersey.  Same for Zach Wilson's peeps.  Vera-Tucker's handlers too.  They need to get their clients out of dodge before the stench ruins what's left of their NFL futures.

By letting Jamal walk, Douglas has made himself one sweet reputation in the eyes of parents, agents, and personal position coaches.

SAR I

He let Jamal walk and Jamal has continued walking through every NFL game this season. Parents are impossible to deal with anyways. Agents are literally the enemy. Personal positions coaches are by definition personal, check dem bitches at the door. 

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Yes, this type of knee jerk reactions hiring and firing of leadership will make the franchise a HUGE draw for future candidates that are worth their salt. 

But, you see, that's out biggest advantage.

By being the one NFL team that doesn't have to care about its reputation, we can fish in the very large sea of the desperate and the flawed GM candidates.  Bring 'em in, give 'em a 2 year mandate, out the door they go if they don't get it done.  With all the failure we've had with prime GM candidates, I'd rather go after someone that no one believes in and has something to prove.

Browns went from a joke to a legit playoff team by having 3 GM's and 4 HC's in 6 years.  They made quick decisions, they sized them up just as quickly as they would a player, and moved on if they weren't cutting it.  

SAR I

• Thumb Down 2

4 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Oh yea, just discount the draft then? Insanity

I would take that draft anyday and so would most rationale people not in an argument trying to prove a point

Show me where I said that, please.

2 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

Your telling me that in the last 9 years there were no GMs with experience out there to hire. It was us the Johnsons unwillingness to pay.

And I guess you’re telling me you couldn’t come up with one.   Or one that we thought of hiring but were too cheap To hire who has a bigger deal than Douglas’s 6 year contract.  
You’re not making a point other than to make up the cheap story

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Joe Douglas hired the head coach!  He's the Football Man of Flohram Park!  He reports to the owner and the coach reports to him!  Just like the Illuminati wanted!

Saleh's hiring may go down as Douglas' biggest blunder of all.

Surely merits discussion.

SAR I

SAR, you know what I have come to accept?  There is no winning the argument concerning JD.  Like so many other GMs, coaches and players who have been lightening rods for criticism, people see what they want to see.  Minds will never be changed.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, doitny said:

i get it now. you love Adam Gase. 

and your so mad he got fired you are going all scorched earth on the people who did it.

No, don't go there.  If it were true I'd tell you.

Adam Gase was a very good rebuilding head coach for the reasons I've outlined several times.  He would have been the perfect guy to stick with until Douglas had built the roster decently and then bring in the new head coach to lead us to glory.

The Rangers just did this with Quinn.  The Browns went through 4 HC's in 3 years and didn't stop until they got a great one.

There is a time to move off your rebuilding head coach.  Douglas bowed to fan pressure and blew it.  The roster isn't nearly ready and its being led by a slogan-plastering rookie who doesn't hold his players accountable.  The dysfunction that was swept out of Florham Park in the ugly Bowles/Maccagnan marriage is back now.  In the form of two guys who are bosom buddies brought together prematurely.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Let's agree to disagree. :-) 

Fair enough.  The sun just came out and I've got a $70,000 convertible.  I'm going for a drive, going to watch the leaves change so I can wash the stench of the Joe Douglas Jets and Cheating Houston Astros off before my shiny and new rebuilt New York Rangers face off at 1pm.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1