***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

34 minutes ago, jgb said:

That's self-proving unless your position is that GMs are entirely fungible. If that's your case, the defense rests before hearing the conclusion of the prosecution's closing argument.

That's my position.  The GM is entirely fungible.  The amount of data available makes most of them entierly irrelevant in terms of draft and contracts.   The data is open sourced.   They have no inside information.  

The mutual fund industry found out the managers years ago.  

Just now, Biggs said:

That's my position.  The GM is entirely fungible.  The amount of data available makes most of them entierly irrelevant in terms of draft and contracts.   The data is open sourced.   They have no inside information.  

"Most?" 

Judge Joe Brown GIF

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

By that argument, the President of the US is mostly fungible. 

Sure, a GM gets the same info from his scouts and personnel guys regardless of what his name is, but he still has to process all of that information and make a prudent decision in the best interest of the team.

Then there is also the fact that the GM is responsible for hiring and firing the guys bringing him the information? 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

By that argument, the President of the US is mostly fungible. 

Sure, a GM gets the same info from his scouts and personnel guys regardless of what his name is, but he still has to process all of that information and make a prudent decision in the best interest of the team.

Then there is also the fact that the GM is responsible for hiring and firing the guys bringing him the information? 

There are better ways to process information and come up with a result.  Radioligist are being replaced you don't think a GM making draft pics can be replaced?

Just now, Biggs said:

There are better ways to process information and come up with a result.  Radioligist are being replaced you don't think a GM making draft pics can be replaced?

I work in medical imaging. 

Radiologists are not going anywhere anytime soon. Artificial intelligence is just another tool that radiologists will use for the foreseeable future. In the distant future? maybe. Not anytime soon. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

I work in medical imaging. 

Radiologists are not going anywhere anytime soon. Artificial intelligence is just another tool that radiologists will use for the foreseeable future. In the distant future? maybe. Not anytime soon. 

I remeber when managed portfolio's was actually a thing and Insurance companies had expeerts to do actuaries.  The distant future is in the rear view mirror before you even realize you're road kill.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Biggs said:

I remeber when managed portfolio's was actually a thing and Insurance companies had expeerts to do actuaries.  The distant future is in the rear view mirror before you even realize you're road kill.  

Haha ok, but it's not even close to happening in this country. Radiologists make too much money and the people making the decisions about which technology to use to diagnose diseases in the clinic are . . . wait for it . . . committees of radiologists!

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Were at the end of human beings playing money ball.  The writting is on the wall.  

They'll always be hidden value to be unlocked by the next intrepid innovators. Which is why I suggest JD gets some behavioral rehabs in as FAs. 

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

They'll always be hidden value to be unlocked by the next intrepid innovators. Which is why I suggest JD gets some behavioral rehabs in as FAs. 

There is always the next thing.  But I find almost ammusing that in 2021 the argument is made that an NFL GM with no information that's not available to all of their competitors along with a multitude of professional subscription services can somehow pick above the NFL norm vs below it seems ridiculous.  

JD has had two drafts.   He's draft position was rigged to help him because the Jets suck.  If he's over the mean, how do we know it has anything to do with JD and might simply be draft position.  

People here tell me you can't tell until a few years out.  What does a few years out prove?  JD has been here 3 FA periods and 2 drafts.  He was hired by Gase and he hired Saleh.  There is no metric to judge him on.

Saleh at least has so invested in his defensive scheme that he believes a monkey could call the D.   That's the most honest thing anyone has said in Jets managemtn in years.  You could say the same about Douglas.

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

There is always the next thing.  But I find almost ammusing that in 2021 the argument is made that an NFL GM with no information that's not available to all of their competitors along with a multitude of professional subscription services can somehow pick above the NFL norm vs below it seems ridiculous.  

JD has had two drafts.   He's draft position was rigged to help him because the Jets suck.  If he's over the mean, how do we know it has anything to do with JD and might simply be draft position.  

People here tell me you can't tell until a few years out.  What does a few years out prove?  JD has been here 3 FA periods and 2 drafts.  He was hired by Gase and he hired Saleh.  There is no metric to judge him on.

Saleh at least has so invested in his defensive scheme that he believes a monkey could call the D.   That's the most honest thing anyone has said in Jets managemtn in years.  You could say the same about Douglas.

Let's assume perfect information (equal information to all teams). This is probably approximately true.

I still contend that a GM's (and scouting staff's) analytical and projective capabilities vary (perhaps even greatly), but let's put that aside.

What I think we can agree to, however, is that different GMs have different standards. I'm suggesting that it's 1:45 A.M for the Jets. JD needs to order another shot and get to work on the herd of wildebeests in the corner booth.

• Upvote 2

On 12/6/2021 at 1:35 PM, Biggs said:

The mutual fund industry found out the managers years ago.  

So bring back Macc?

JD is sweating bullets each time Zach throws the ball. 

There is alot of differing opinions on JD. Blew the 20 draft, hit in some guys in the 21 draft FA has been very meh. At the same time he has gotten good value in trades. 

But if Zach isn't the answer, I feel its a strike to many. 

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Bring back a guy with Aspergers who can manage data.   Mac is like the classic stock broker who calls you up on a slow day with an idea. 

and joe is the guy that is at the pizza shop eating instead of researching his job

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

There is alot of differing opinions on JD. Blew the 20 draft, hit in some guys in the 21 draft FA has been very meh. At the same time he has gotten good value in trades. 

not if he has another good draft or 2.

plus if he brings in a decent backup next year or even if Mike White has to take over mid season cause Zach is so bad and they start winning a bunch of games you dont get rid of the architect of that team cause he blew the QB pick.

• 3 weeks later...

2-16 in division.

13-36 overall.

Historically bad defense. Wilson with a worse rookie season than Sam Darnold. Holes everywhere in the line up. JFM looks like an awful extension. Corey davis was mediocre before going down. Mims and becton look like busts and the 2020 draft looks historically bad. Nobody can stay on the field.

Thank you Joe Douglas, Thank you.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

2-16 in division.

13-36 overall.

Historically bad defense. Wilson with a worse rookie season than Sam Darnold. Holes everywhere in the line up. JFM looks like an awful extension. Corey davis was mediocre before going down. Mims and becton look like busts and the 2020 draft looks historically bad. Nobody can stay on the field.

Thank you Joe Douglas, Thank you.

Satire?

• Upvote 1

On 12/6/2021 at 1:48 PM, Biggs said:

Looking at JDs drafts, Macs and Idzik, it is VERY clear that you are correct, in sorts. A computer model would have done better.  

Kipers model more than likely would have yielded better results.    NO draft guru had Becton over Wirfs. I could not find one. But JD drafts Becton.     That’s same idiot drafts Mims.      

• Upvote 3

On 12/6/2021 at 11:10 AM, Matt39 said:

Becton, Mims, Zuniga, Clark, and Perine can all be fairly dumped into the bust bucket at this point. Davis plays at least, but he is terrible. So take that for whatever. Hall looks like he’s a starter at least. The punter sucks. Crowdsourcing the 2020 draft to Jetnation posters would have been a significant improvement.

Jury out on Becton, Punter was great against Bills. 

Joe is terrible as shown by his 2 and 4 win seasons

the rest of the division is way better than us as shown by our record vs them

joe d fan boys over estimate his skills and the players he has drafted and the talent on the team

thefe is a reason the team has 6 wins in two years- joe put together a bad roster and his coaches are bad as well

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

NO draft guru had Becton over Wirfs. I could not find one. But JD drafts Becton.     That’s same idiot drafts Mims.      

This is what happens when humans go with their “gut”

Remember the phrase Hero ball. When JD swings and misses on a lot of these guys he’s playing hero gm thinking he’s getting a pro bowler in a steal. And he’s not

Becton over Wirfs still annoys me 

• Upvote 2

On 12/14/2021 at 1:53 PM, kevinc855 said:

Why do you say he's sweating bullets each time Zach throws?  Because you don't like Wilson? JD?  Or do you know him personally?

Also,

Agreed, if ZW isn't the answer JD is gone - but that's pretty standard for any GM....

But...if ZW IS the answer then anything JD has done wrong in the past won't matter either...

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Joe Douglas needs to figure out what the hell he can do to keep the damn players he drafts or gets in FA on the field. That starts by staying away from any player with a history of injury. Period. Need some durable dudes that can play. Next time he thinks it’s good idea to get a guy who has been plagued by injury because he’s cheap or slides in the draft somebody should slam a book over his head. I was outspoken as anyone not wanting Becton during the draft and I’m by far a dumb dumb compared to most when it comes to the draft process. But if my fat ass could see it I’m scared to death he couldn’t, 

THANK YOU @The Crusher! THANK YOU!!!

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Joe Douglas needs to figure out what the hell he can do to keep the damn players he drafts or gets in FA on the field. That starts by staying away from any player with a history of injury. Period. Need some durable dudes that can play. Next time he thinks it’s good idea to get a guy who has been plagued by injury because he’s cheap or slides in the draft somebody should slam a book over his head. I was outspoken as anyone not wanting Becton during the draft and I’m by far a dumb dumb compared to most when it comes to the draft process. But if my fat ass could see it I’m scared to death he couldn’t, 

I think this is so right.  More than anything else - this is the biggest problem on the team.  What the Jets rolled out yesterday wasn't even a backup roster - it was mostly 3rd stringers.  Never saw anything like that..

Now, to be devils advocate - Bryce Hall - now he was 6th round flyer on a 1st round talent...I'm okay with that - but like you said, taking a guy that dropped a round because of his injuries is the guy to pass on - let some other team fill up their IR with "Potential"

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

13-36, last two 6-27

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I think this is so right.  More than anything else - this is the biggest problem on the team.  What the Jets rolled out yesterday wasn't even a backup roster - it was mostly 3rd stringers.  Never saw anything like that..

Now, to be devils advocate - Bryce Hall - now he was 6th round flyer on a 1st round talent...I'm okay with that - but like you said, taking a guy that dropped a round because of his injuries is the guy to pass on - let some other team fill up their IR with "Potential"

I agree but I think there is a difference between been injured and a history of injury. 

8 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This is what happens when humans go with their “gut”

Remember the phrase Hero ball. When JD swings and misses on a lot of these guys he’s playing hero gm thinking he’s getting a pro bowler in a steal. And he’s not

Becton over Wirfs still annoys me 

It's the success of "Money Ball".  We as humans are simply flawed. Index funds beat the majority of humanly managed funds etc.....

• Post of the Week 1

• 1 month later...