***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I was just thinking about how likely it is right now that both Becton and Wilson end up  busting. That made me try to remember the last time the Jets signed one of their first round picks to a second contract.

I hope I’m forgetting someone, but without looking it up, I can’t think of anyone after Revis. Can that be possible?

Wilkerson.

Sadly.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

I will say if we're bottom feeders once again it will be amusing to see how Douglas' cultists spin it to be everyone's fault but his.

It's his QB.

It's his coach.

It's his roster. 

He's 13-36 with more than half of those wins coming with Mac's team. It's put up or shut up time for Joe. I'll happily eat crow if we're finally competitive but if this is another season that's dead by November this thread will be seeing a lot of action.

Fans are so stupid sometimes, aren't they?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He's to be determind great drafts last year and this year were based on the value of Mac's picks in trade and a freak injury to Russell Wilson.  He's got no more Mac pieces to trade for value except Q maybe.

I would not fire Douglas.  He's borderline competent.  Woody will hire someone worse.  Douglas gets another QB and HC before he should be fired.  

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I agree with this wholeheartedly.  Right now, I'm still bullish on JD, even though he clearly has made his share of screw ups.

Depends on how Lance , Justin  and Mac turn out

If anyone of them emerges as a franchise QB no way on Gods green earth you let that fat bastard pick another qb IMO 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Depends on how Lance , Justin  and Mac turn out

If anyone of them emerges as a franchise QB no way on Gods green earth you let that fat bastard pick another qb IMO 

So, you are saying pump the brakes on making outlandish predictions, because no one here has demonstrated that ability of being a football savant?

Because, you are really not giving off that vibe.

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

This post is the second time in two days where I'm left with my mouth agape.  The stark reality expressed in the first two sentences is a figurative kick to the nuts.   After all the years of management incompetence, it's surprising that any fans still exist for this team.

Everyone likes to watch a good train wreck. Things can’t really get worse from the level the Jets have been at for the last 12 years so why not be fans? Everyone is invested and we are all used to the worst of the worst. If no one left as a fan, no one is leaving at this point. It’s fine to argue on message boards but I hope no one is actually upset by this team at this point and can at least make the most of this terrible fan experience. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Things can’t really get worse from the level the Jets have been at for the last 12 years

Oh yes they can. 

We still haven't had the #1 pick in all those years. It can and most likely WILL get much worse. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Oh yes they can. 

We still haven't had the #1 pick in all those years. It can and most likely WILL get much worse. 

So in your mind picking 4th is a better result than picking 1st?

If you're gonna fail and suck, at least do it right.  Sick of the meaningless December wins.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So in your mind picking 4th is a better result than picking 1st?

If you're gonna fail and suck, at least do it right.  Sick of the meaningless December wins.  

I think you're not understanding that correctly. I'm talking about how the actual season goes.  

Picking 4th means that things went "better" during the regular season. 

The poster said "things cant get worse", they can, and the fact that we havent had the number 1 pick shows that we havent bottomed out just yet, but we will. Oh yes we will.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, JTJet said:

I think you're not understanding that correctly. I'm talking about how the actual season goes.  

Picking 4th means that things went "better" during the regular season. 

The poster said "things cant get worse", they can, and the fact that we havent had the number 1 pick shows that we havent bottomed out just yet, but we will. Oh yes we will.

But "bottoming out" in a lost season is a good thing.  # 1 pick is not rock bottom.  # 4 pick in a 3-player draft class is.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But "bottoming out" in a lost season is a good thing.  # 1 pick is not rock bottom.  # 4 pick in a 3-player draft class is.  

No. It's only a good thing for the following season. 

Bottoming out in the current season means, JD, Saleh, Zach, all failed and will be replaced, which I agree would ultimately be good, but in the process of getting there, you have to quite literally bottom out in the league. 

25 minutes ago, JTJet said:

No. It's only a good thing for the following season. 

Bottoming out in the current season means, JD, Saleh, Zach, all failed and will be replaced, which I agree would ultimately be good, but in the process of getting there, you have to quite literally bottom out in the league. 

I dunno about you but that awful year with Gase was a lot of fun for me until we f’d up and won a game.

Rock bottom isn’t so bad because you at least know people are getting fired.  Sitting in purgatory is the TRUE rock bottom.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno about you but that awful year with Gase was a lot of fun for me until we f’d up and won a game.

Rock bottom isn’t so bad because you at least know people are getting fired.  Sitting in purgatory is the TRUE rock bottom.  

Purgatory by definition .... is not rock bottom.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

But, imagine how inflamed this place would be if that all happened and Trevor Lawrence had the year with the Jets that he had with the Jaguars last year.

Max would be pocketing much more than the $550k he currently is pocketing from this site.

36 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Purgatory by definition .... is not rock bottom.

In NFL terms it is.  Because people get fired, traded, or cut in football.  So any "hell" you're dealing with can be wiped clean and you can start over.  

It takes much longer to get out "purgatory" than it does to get out of a "rock bottom" situation.  

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Biggs said:

He's to be determind great drafts last year and this year were based on the value of Mac's picks in trade and a freak injury to Russell Wilson.  He's got no more Mac pieces to trade for value except Q maybe.

I would not fire Douglas.  He's borderline competent.  Woody will hire someone worse.  Douglas gets another QB and HC before he should be fired.  

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Even if this season goes down in abject flames, I want to keep JD. He's shown he can learn from his mistakes so I'd expect him to both draft a QB and bring in a legitimate veteran.

If you bring in a new GM, we are back to "all eggs in one basket on rookie QB" again. 

I am in agreement... JD, the absolute UNPROVEN GM should get this year and next.  

• WTF? 1

I love reading how people think you can turn around a team that couldn’t beat a college football team in literally 2 seasons. And one In which was a pandemic and I’m sure it’s difficult to grade players without seeing them, I’d be willing to give Douglas 2 more years! 

this team needs better assistant coaches and better players to be a contender, we are not winning anything with ulbrich and crew 

• WTF? 1