***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

it's ridiculous how a team supposedly based on the running game neglects the place kicking position 

JD is "super smart" cheering at his own draft picks when he makes them just can't seem to find a place kicker 

well folks there's always 2023 

Brady aside, so much of the Patriots dynasty was based on having elite FG kicking.  Brady got Vinateri or Gostcowski into position and then they didn’t miss.

We’ve just ignored it entirely.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

it's ridiculous how a team supposedly based on the running game neglects the place kicking position 

JD is "super smart" cheering at his own draft picks when he makes them just can't seem to find a place kicker 

I mean,  we had a kicker who could make most of the short kicks. You know, the vast majority of the kicks that an NFL kicker attempts. 

• Upvote 2

Here’s the thing, the offense season after season is terrible. Regardless of O line or whatever, it seems like they run Gase’s offense and if it’s not a sack, then it’s a QB hit,penalty,fumble and so forth and so on. There’s no drive, creativity or sustainable drives on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

38 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Its ridiculous that a team that wants to run the ball let Joe Flacco throw just under 60 passes.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Big Macc was the jets GM for 52 months

Final record 24-40 (.375)

John Idzik was the jets GM for 23 months

Final record was 12-20 (.375)

Joe Douglas has been the Jets GM for 39 months

Current Record is 13-37 (.260)

Yeah, but. Um, yeah, well. It's going to get better, because we um. You'll see. Just wait. 

48 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Big Macc was the jets GM for 52 months

Final record 24-40 (.375)

John Idzik was the jets GM for 23 months

Final record was 12-20 (.375)

Joe Douglas has been the Jets GM for 39 months

Current Record is 13-37 (.260)

Jesus this gave me a raging boner 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, pointman said:

I like his roster moves. I hate his coaching ones though. Either find a new head coach, or find out if Tannenbaum is up to. JK. He has no job. Bring him back.

Saleh is a huge problem.  Douglas drafts what may be the best running back in this draft.  He got 6 Carrie’s.  Flacco threw 59 passes.  The game was close into the third quarter.  WTF. With a new OL you let them fire out in the running game.  You go 2 TE put a helmet on a helmet and get some confidence.  Theyre married to scheme.  Here’s a clue your going to be fired before they can run your scheme.  Block and run.   Beat them up.  Match up with a loaded box and run.   

And why is Flacco doing play action when he’s throwing on every down.  Nobody is biting on that crap until you establish the run.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but this is RIDICULOUS.

JD has brought some great players in here.  This team is NOT prepared from a coaching standpoint.

I never wanted to go here, but it might be time for the Johnson family to get their heads out of their asses, and go get a WINNING coach, not a coach that is a first timer. 

Other than the 2 seasons of Adam Gase, this team hasn't hired a head coach with experience since Bill Parcells. BILL PARCELLS!

This team has too much talent on it to consistently look this out of position on defense, and come out completely flat week after week on offense.  

• WTF? 1

On 9/11/2022 at 3:52 PM, Prodigal Syndicate said:

And if you're one of those generous guys and want to say Douglas first year does not count.

6-28.

We are on the cusp of greatness. I can feel it. The moral victories and positive vibes are stacking up!

Flashback to some earlier Saleh blabber:

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2022/09/12/robert-saleh-keeping-receipts-on-those-mocking-the-jets/

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Sorry, but this is RIDICULOUS.

JD has brought some great players in here.  This team is NOT prepared from a coaching standpoint.

I never wanted to go here, but it might be time for the Johnson family to get their heads out of their asses, and go get a WINNING coach, not a coach that is a first timer. 

Other than the 2 seasons of Adam Gase, this team hasn't hired a head coach with experience since Bill Parcells. BILL PARCELLS!

This team has too much talent on it to consistently look this out of position on defense, and come out completely flat week after week on offense.  

It’s not ridiculous. JD’s roster building has had extreme ups and downs (excellent trades VS. TERRIBLE high draft picks/FA signings). This only seems “good” to Jet fans because the late Tanny era, Idzik and Big Mac have been terrible.

The thing that makes the decision to fire JD really easy for me Is the fact that he hired Saleh and the team is actually worse than Gase era even with his “rebuild”. JD has been here since June 2019. He completely botched HIS head coach hire and very possibly the #2 draft pick QB. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

I am one that believes in continuity and that constant firings/change are very bad for a franchise. When things are constantly this bad, it’s not from all the changes. It’s from constantly hiring the WRONG people and always going with first time GMs/Coaches. It’s insanity and not working. Start over with an EXPERIENCED GM/COACH combo. 

• Upvote 3