***OFFICIAL*** FIRE JOE DOUGLAS THREAD

Points differential since Joe Douglas took over is -520. BY FAR the worst in the league in that timespan. The Jaguars are next on -441. 

If you remove his first season then it actually gets worse on average. -437 and the Jags would be -344. 

I'm sick of the excuses. The numbers do not lie. He has failed miserably to this point. 

• Upvote 3

Douglas has done some real good things but he had also made mistakes too. That’s a pretty fair assessment.  His biggest failure is the 2020 draft.  On the flip side his last two drafts have been very good.  FA has definitely been a mixed bag.  DJ Reed is turning into a great signing but Corey Davis is obviously not.  Either way Douglas has put some talent on this team there is no denying that.  The coaching has been holding this team back so far.  Yes JD made the hire and it’s obviously backfired but at the same the Saleh hire was pretty well praised by everyone.  He had a real good reputation from his 49ers days.  So yeah Douglas certainly deserves  criticism but I wouldn’t put this all at his feet 

22 hours ago, oatmeal said:

Bump

Guys we have our second year scrub Qb dictating to the team when he will play.

let that sink in, the nerve of this year 2 scrub 

JD you are a fat ******* idiot drafting this pampered brat because he’s not a nfl qb

The GOAT and the best QB in the NFL are both pampered brats.  That's almost a requirenment for an elite NFL QB.  

On 9/28/2022 at 8:25 AM, hotrodcharlie said:

He wasted multiple mid-round draft picks on project safeties that he wanted to change to linebacker

now he’s got a team with bum safeties AND bum linebackers.

The single worst defense in the NFL

Today I learned that a sixth rounder is a "mid-round" draft pick. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2021 at 5:33 PM, Jet Life said:

Agreed. What does the MetLife stadium contract look like? Are we allowed to build a Joe Douglas statue? Or would we just have to move it indoors during Giant home games? Everything is in place for a long term winner, thanks to JD. One step back for a huge leap forward. Thank you Joe!

I still stand by what I said. Hopefully we can all get a party bus to watch the unveiling of the Joe Douglas statue at MetLife one day. Will be a great time! 

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah it sucks not having one of those GMs that only draft good players. Keep living in that jets bubble where you don't realize every GM makes bad picks. 

Lmaooo imagine thinking JDs only flaw is drafting ???

Bruh whatever idc WE ARE WINNING SO I HAVE NOTHING TO CRY ABOUT 

And your 100% correct nobody is perfect ? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

There’s still some things to be critical of…….

Soooooooo

DONT FLARE US BACK UP! ?

thank you 

enjoy the good times 

Hey, no one's perfect, no one gets everything right.

But today's game against the Bills, with depth at RB and the O line playing important roles, as well as a superior effort from the D, and the 2022 draft classing having an exceptional seasons, I think things are pointing up?

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, xJayce said:

Hey, no one's perfect, no one gets everything right.

But today's game against the Bills, with depth at RB and the O line playing important roles, as well as a superior effort from the D, and the 2022 draft classing having an exceptional seasons, I think things are pointing up?

100% agree 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This thread is actually the worst of all time on this board.  It beats the "One day guys like Berrios wont be on here" thread by a mile.  

We have the best GM in the league and 6 weeks ago 90% of this board wanted him fired.  My goodness.

The thread is awful and sorta idiotic, but the worst of all time? 

Hmmm....not so sure about that lol.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This thread is actually the worst of all time on this board.  It beats the "One day guys like Berrios wont be on here" thread by a mile.  

We have the best GM in the league and 6 weeks ago 90% of this board wanted him fired.  My goodness.

Eh.  It was tongue-in-cheek when created.  Some of the key contributors who took it super seriously certainly proved themselves to be idiots, but after Douglas mostly botched the 2020 draft there were legitimate concerns at the time.

Now it just looks silly, and I'm glad for that.  TYJDTY!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 2